Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Hellboy

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Hellboy (265 votes)

Deathstroke 39%
Hellboy 56%
Too close to call 5%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

The deadly mercenary from DC Comics or the powerful demon from Dark Horse Comics? These two are about to duke it out and you can help determine the winner!

Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke, the Terminator, is our latest Character of the Month and we've been testing his abilities as a combatant each and every week. He was barely able to defeat Boba Fett and, last week, he lost by a mere 1% against Deadpool. Now, he's coming face-to-face with Mike Mignola'sHellboy. Will the Good Samaritan and Right Hand of Doom keep Wilson down for the count or will the DC character's talent and bladed weapons allow him to overcome this latest opponent? Voting will stay open until Friday morning (ET), so you have plenty of time to think it through.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
  • This is The New52 Deathstroke.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We've posted his Best Covers, Must Read Stories and we'll highlight some of his best battles later this week. Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.

• 
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By reaverlation

@floopay: Awesome post dude! (Thumbs up)

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Very nice. I think Hellboy has what it takes between these posts and the CaV i read earlier. Thanks.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

The biggest thing for Deathstroke to bypass here is going to be Hellboy's durability. Not only is hard to HURT the guy in the first place, but his durability is backed by a Wolverine level healing factor.

To top it off, Hellboy comes with a solid 10+ ton level of strength, and is actually superhuman in terms of agility and speed.

Note: I totally stole most of these from around the web. I have the first 7 volumes of Hellboy lying around, but I just do not feel like photographing them or scanning them.

The Feats:

Hellboy often fights these frog-demons throughout the first couple volumes. They can't match him in strength, but they're also not far enough below him that overpowering them is easy. They also are far faster (I'd put them at about Toad level, from the x-men) and more agile.

I've strung a bunch of his fights back to back, these are not all from the same fights. You can see him surviving from great heights, getting thrown around, and quite a bit more.

The two most noteworthy feats, however, are the last two. I posted one of him taking a grenade in his bare hand (NOT THE RIGHT HAND OF DOOM BTW!!!) and shoving it down the demon's throat. Without releasing the grenade, it explodes in his hand and in it's body without harming him in the least. In the last scan, he's kicking over and breaking a pillar a few times his size.

List of Fights vs. Frog Demons

Here's the most note-worthy fight against the frog demons. He notes how fast the thing is, but actually is bold enough to state he is faster. This is, more than likely, due to skill. Contrary to popular belief, Hellboy is quite the brawler, a decent swordsman, and a decent Marksman.

He's able to overpower this one much easier, and throw it through a sarcophagus. He is then able to pull a gun and shoot it through the shoulder when it bolts through the window, and it's disintegrated by the time it hits the floor.

Noteworthy Frog-Demon Fight

Here he is against a Stone Giant. These things tower over the tree tops and have strength/durability to match. Hellboy is able to snap off a tree and throw it like a giant wooden stake into the thing's neck. Which is a pretty decent showing of strength. The thing then picks him up, beats on him for awhile, then squeezes him as hard as it can, and then it dies. Hellboy gets up almost completely unharmed.

Hellboy kills a Giant

Here are quite a few showings of him going up against all sorts of projectiles. He takes magical arrows from a centuries old warrior (who he later defeats in a sword battle IIRC), and they are disappearing out of him between panels. Seeing as he's carrying a relatively full load, that tells us those arrows are just falling out due to his healing factor.

There is also a showing of him taking sniper shots, as well as heavy artillery machine gun fire. Considering mounted machine guns are meant to shred through modern body armor like paper, and cut through...well...other heavy artillery weapons. It's a pretty good showing of his durability. Notice how Hellboy isn't even HURT by these rounds.

Random out of order Durability Showings

Here is a showing of him against a werewolf. Notice how people comment as to why he bothers with a gun when his fastball can arguably match-up with it (turning the head of a statue into a bullet-like projectile). He fights this thing toe to toe until he picks up a metal rod and uses it like a sword.

Hellboy kills werewolf

Here he fights an Anubis-demon. It smacks him around for a bit and then he uses a sign to put it down. Which later causes a tremendous explosion (which was complete WIS, as the there was no reason for that flammable thing to explode) for him to survive.

Hellboy kills Anubis Demon

And this is something that should be noted. Even when fully impaled through the chest and abdomen, Hellboy remains conscious and survives. Even after a tremendous fall, he's still fully conscious, fully healed, and ready to fight (Anubis fight happens after this IIRC).

Hellboy the Unkillable

Overall

Strength and Durability are Hellboy's advantage in strides here. That, paired with his healing factor, gives him an amount of damage soak that will be INCREDIBLY difficult for Deathstroke to bypass.

However, lets be objective here. Hellboy is fast, agile, is a gifted hand to hand fighters, a great swordsman, and a decent marksman. That being said, speed, skill (all around), intelligence, and agility all go to Slade Wilson here.

I have no doubts Deathstroke can hurt Hellboy, and I have no doubts Hellboy can tag Deathstroke. That being said, it's going to take a lot more on Deathstroke's part to actually put Hellboy in a position where he's both hurt AND feeling it, and most of that damage is NOT going to last. On the other hand, Deathstroke's damage soak, and healing factor are nowhere near the same caliber. Even with the superior skill, speed, agility, intelligence, and arsenal, Deathstroke is going to have an extremely difficult time doing lasting damage against Hellboy.

I, personally, am leaning towards Hellboy. While I have no doubts Deathstroke will tag Hellboy FAR more often than Hellboy will tag Slade, I firmly believe Hellboy's blows will be a lot more meaningful than Slade's. To top it off, Hellboy has an indestructible right arm that will nullify blow against it, and Hellboy uses that thing as a shield.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Awesome compilation of feats there. I won these books & am in total agreement. As cool & skilled as DS is, HB's durability & strength gives him an edge in this fight. He's tackled every kind of supernatural creature, down to Lovecraftian abominations, & came out on top, taking a lot of damage that few other beings would survive. Slade would give it his all, but HB's durability, strength, & his skill in handling eldritch monstrosities would give him the win. Regardless of his humanity, he was still bred to be Anung un Rama, the Beast of the Apocalypse, & even though he doesn't accept that, it's in his blood & makes him hard to beat & kill.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By micah007123

@floopay: Going with Hellboy after that convincing argument, well done.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jashro44

@floopay:

The biggest thing for Deathstroke to bypass here is going to be Hellboy's durability. Not only is hard to HURT the guy in the first place, but his durability is backed by a Wolverine level healing factor.

To top it off, Hellboy comes with a solid 10+ ton level of strength, and is actually superhuman in terms of agility and speed.

Note: I totally stole most of these from around the web. I have the first 7 volumes of Hellboy lying around, but I just do not feel like photographing them or scanning them.

Thats honestly not a problem for one who cuts military jets. Hell boys stabbing resistance is not that great:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Slades sword is by far more devastating. Hurting hellboy isn't going to be hard really.

Hellboy often fights these frog-demons throughout the first couple volumes. They can't match him in strength, but they're also not far enough below him that overpowering them is easy. They also are far faster (I'd put them at about Toad level, from the x-men) and more agile.

I've strung a bunch of his fights back to back, these are not all from the same fights. You can see him surviving from great heights, getting thrown around, and quite a bit more.

The two most noteworthy feats, however, are the last two. I posted one of him taking a grenade in his bare hand (NOT THE RIGHT HAND OF DOOM BTW!!!) and shoving it down the demon's throat. Without releasing the grenade, it explodes in his hand and in it's body without harming him in the least. In the last scan, he's kicking over and breaking a pillar a few times his size.

I'll admit hellboy is stronger but that won't get him very far here. Durability goes to Slade considering he's done feats like this:

Hellboy is going to struggle to not only connect but actually put Slade down.

Here's the most note-worthy fight against the frog demons. He notes how fast the thing is, but actually is bold enough to state he is faster. This is, more than likely, due to skill. Contrary to popular belief, Hellboy is quite the brawler, a decent swordsman, and a decent Marksman.

He's able to overpower this one much easier, and throw it through a sarcophagus. He is then able to pull a gun and shoot it through the shoulder when it bolts through the window, and it's disintegrated by the time it hits the floor.

This frog demon had no feats at all IIRC. Slade in the new 52 has blocked bullets without his Nth metal armor using a chain:

No Caption Provided

And for the record Nth Metal amplifies his strength and natural abilities so he's faster with his Nth metal armor:

No Caption Provided

Here he is against a Stone Giant. These things tower over the tree tops and have strength/durability to match. Hellboy is able to snap off a tree and throw it like a giant wooden stake into the thing's neck. Which is a pretty decent showing of strength. The thing then picks him up, beats on him for awhile, then squeezes him as hard as it can, and then it dies. Hellboy gets up almost completely unharmed.

Hellboys strength won't help him here for reasons stated. Slade isn't punching him so this durability showing doesn't prove much here.

Here are quite a few showings of him going up against all sorts of projectiles. He takes magical arrows from a centuries old warrior (who he later defeats in a sword battle IIRC), and they are disappearing out of him between panels. Seeing as he's carrying a relatively full load, that tells us those arrows are just falling out due to his healing factor.

There is also a showing of him taking sniper shots, as well as heavy artillery machine gun fire. Considering mounted machine guns are meant to shred through modern body armor like paper, and cut through...well...other heavy artillery weapons. It's a pretty good showing of his durability. Notice how Hellboy isn't even HURT by these rounds.

Hellboy had to cover his face from the machine guns in your scans and even than SLades cutting feats far exceed these:

No Caption Provided

This is war blade who tanks hits from new 52 superboy:

This is Slade decapitating warblade:

So honestly Slades not going to have an issue with durability here....Not even in the slightest.

Here is a showing of him against a werewolf. Notice how people comment as to why he bothers with a gun when his fastball can arguably match-up with it (turning the head of a statue into a bullet-like projectile). He fights this thing toe to toe until he picks up a metal rod and uses it like a sword.

A werewolf that isn't a fraction as skilled, fast, tactical, as Slade is and doesn't have his damage output.

Here he fights an Anubis-demon. It smacks him around for a bit and then he uses a sign to put it down. Which later causes a tremendous explosion (which was complete WIS, as the there was no reason for that flammable thing to explode) for him to survive.

Anubis has few feats and he isn't similar to deathstroke in anyway. He isn't as durable, fast, skilled, doesn't have SLades damage output, etc.

And this is something that should be noted. Even when fully impaled through the chest and abdomen, Hellboy remains conscious and survives. Even after a tremendous fall, he's still fully conscious, fully healed, and ready to fight (Anubis fight happens after this IIRC).

He was not fully conscious. The scans you posted are from hellboy strange places and hellboy was incapacitated for several pages:

Pretty sure the anubis thing happened in a different story.

Overall

Strength and Durability are Hellboy's advantage in strides here. That, paired with his healing factor, gives him an amount of damage soak that will be INCREDIBLY difficult for Deathstroke to bypass.

However, lets be objective here. Hellboy is fast, agile, is a gifted hand to hand fighters, a great swordsman, and a decent marksman. That being said, speed, skill (all around), intelligence, and agility all go to Slade Wilson here.

I have no doubts Deathstroke can hurt Hellboy, and I have no doubts Hellboy can tag Deathstroke. That being said, it's going to take a lot more on Deathstroke's part to actually put Hellboy in a position where he's both hurt AND feeling it, and most of that damage is NOT going to last. On the other hand, Deathstroke's damage soak, and healing factor are nowhere near the same caliber. Even with the superior skill, speed, agility, intelligence, and arsenal, Deathstroke is going to have an extremely difficult time doing lasting damage against Hellboy.

I, personally, am leaning towards Hellboy. While I have no doubts Deathstroke will tag Hellboy FAR more often than Hellboy will tag Slade, I firmly believe Hellboy's blows will be a lot more meaningful than Slade's. To top it off, Hellboy has an indestructible right arm that will nullify blow against it, and Hellboy uses that thing as a shield.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

How is hellboy fast or agile? What has he done to say he is more agile than this:

No Caption Provided

Who has he even tagged that has Slades level of skill and speed? What helps him tag Slade before Slade just cuts his head off? Why is Slade going to struggle to put lasting damage on Hellboy when he cuts peoples heads off all the time? Even if hellboy does tag Slade what striking feats does he even have to bypass his armor?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@floopay: Going with Hellboy after that convincing argument, well done.

Why? And as for your scan here are the full set but hellboy was incapcitated for some time:

@floopay: Very nice. I think Hellboy has what it takes between these posts and the CaV i read earlier. Thanks.

How so? Explain specific reasoning please.

Awesome compilation of feats there. I won these books & am in total agreement. As cool & skilled as DS is, HB's durability & strength gives him an edge in this fight. He's tackled every kind of supernatural creature, down to Lovecraftian abominations, & came out on top, taking a lot of damage that few other beings would survive. Slade would give it his all, but HB's durability, strength, & his skill in handling eldritch monstrosities would give him the win. Regardless of his humanity, he was still bred to be Anung un Rama, the Beast of the Apocalypse, & even though he doesn't accept that, it's in his blood & makes him hard to beat & kill.

Thing is super natural threats are not comparable to deathstroke. There a different type of danger all together. They mostly just smash hellboy for the most part (with a few exceptions) and few of them have Slades skill set. And the ones that do really don't compare to deathstroke at all. As for hellboys durability his stabbing resistance can be bypassed. He is only resistant to stabbing damage not actually immune hence why arrows and spears have hurt him in the past, and with Slades cutting power the only thing that can save him is his right hand of doom. But hellboy is not fast or skilled enough to defend for long if at all.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By micah007123

@jashro44: Thanks for posting the rest of the fight, I honestly couldn't find the rest no lie LOL. Could you elaborate more when you say "supernatural threats are not compable to deathstroke" because a werewolf is a werewolf and will try to tear Slade apart the moment it sees him just like anything else?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Gojira2014

@jashro44:

This is The New52 Deathstroke.

As per the scenario. Who has new 52 DS fought that was well establish or superior to the foes Hellboy fought and beaten? Honestly New 52 is not as impressive as Pre 52 currently. he has neat nth metal armor, but his speed and skill is far inferior to Pre 52 DS.

Hellboy's feats and accomplishment impress me more to this version of DS.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@jashro44: Thanks for posting the rest of the fight, I honestly couldn't find the rest no lie LOL. Could you elaborate more when you say "supernatural threats are not compable to deathstroke" because a werewolf is a werewolf and will try to tear Slade apart the moment it sees him?

No problem. What I mean is that a werewolf doesn't fight like Slade does. Basically Slade is a different kind of threat. Slade is smarter, he's more skilled, and he is much faster and more agile than the were wolf and has a different way of operating. The were wolf relies on its stats so hellboy can out think it or out skill it but Slade isn't reliant on his stats. He uses his tactical ability just as much as his strength and speed.

Its like if I said Slade beats hellboy because he beat Tomo. Tomo is a completely different type of enemy than hellboy is so its not a comparable situation. War blade is someone more appropriate to compare too. I only recall hellboy fighting one guy who had skills and that was koshchei. Even than Koshchei never had the same level of skill or speed as Slade did really.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jashro44

@gojira2014 said:

@jashro44:

As per the scenario. Who has new 52 DS fought that was well establish or superior to the foes Hellboy fought and beaten? Honestly New 52 is not as impressive as Pre 52 currently. he has neat nth metal armor, but his speed and skill is far inferior to Pre 52 DS.

Warblade tanked hits from superboy inside a volcano. Slade chopped his head off with ease. He also managed to beat legacy who was strong enough to lift a submarine.

Who has hellboy fought that is as fast, agile skilled, with the combination of durability as new 52 Slade?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Ahhhhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@jashro44: Ahhhhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Gojira2014

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

@jashro44:

Warblade tanked hits from superboy inside a volcano. Slade chopped his head off with ease.

Who has hellboy fought that is as fast, agile skilled, with the combination of durability as new 52 Slade?

Same can be said of Slade *shrugs* you say he fought New 52 Warblade and decapitated him even though he is not known for close combat skill either. Yet same Slade was getting stomped by the weak New 52 Lobo (Clone? have they establish that nonsense yet?)

So anyway, unlike Pre 52 Slade who beat down Batman, Teen Titans, and tagged Flash (PIS) this New 52 Slade as of last i seen has not shown anywhere close to the skill to say he will beat HB who can counter any attack with his Fist of Doom thing he has going on.

Heck he can break the blade as @floopay showed. After that DS is weaponless while HB is not.

Im just not convince of New 52 Slade's skill to easy win a fight vs the stronger and more durable HB here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Deathstroke decapitates Hellboy.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44 I think it's important to note that Warblade was immune to Superboy's TK.

No Caption Provided

So how much damage Connor could have inflicted upon him with pure strength is questionable.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jashro44

Same can be said of Slade *shrugs* you say he fought New 52 Warblade and decapitated him even though he is not known for close combat skill either. Yet same Slade was getting stomped by the weak New 52 Lobo (Clone? have they establish that nonsense yet?)

So anyway, unlike Pre 52 Slade who beat down Batman, Teen Titans, and tagged Flash (PIS) this New 52 Slade as of last i seen has not shown anywhere close to the skill to say he will beat HB who can counter any attack with his Fist of Doom thing he has going on.

Heck he can break the blade as @floopay showed. After that DS is weaponless while HB is not.

Im just not convince of New 52 Slade's skill to easy win a fight vs the stronger and more durable HB here.

New 52 lobo isn't weak. HIs powers are just inconsistent and the feat isn't quantifiable because of said inconsistency. I heard he beat up apollo. We just don't know if he was at the level where he could beat apollo when he fought SLad ein the new 52. As for Slades kill its true he isn't as skilled as he was before but he doesn't need to be. Hellboy is mostly a tank to be honest. All though if you want showings against skilled martial artists he fought tomo, who was trained by his uncle. Tomo's uncle was skilled enough to cut Slades suit and Slade commented the precision and accuracy required to cut the suit shouldn't even be possible:

He did that without his Nth metal armor as well. He was also stated to be the most skilled member of team 7 which included people like black canary and grifter.

@juiceboks Fair enough I suppose, I thought superboy did have some natural strength but I don't know much about him admittedly. With that said the momentum from super boys tackle still carried them a mile into a volcano so warblade is still pretty durable. More so than hellboy unless I'm missing something. So I still say the point still stands.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By micah007123

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

New 52 lobo isn't weak. HIs powers are just inconsistent and the feat isn't quantifiable because of said inconsistency. I heard he beat up apollo. We just don't know if he was at the level where he could beat apollo when he fought SLad ein the new 52. As for Slades kill its true he isn't as skilled as he was before but he doesn't need to be. Hellboy is mostly a tank to be honest. All though if you want showings against skilled martial artists he fought tomo, who was trained by his uncle. Tomo's uncle was skilled enough to cut Slades suit and Slade commented the precision and accuracy required to cut the suit shouldn't even be possible:

He did that without his Nth metal armor as well. He was also stated to be the most skilled member of team 7 which included people like black canary and grifter.

@juiceboks Fair enough I suppose, I thought superboy did have some natural strength but I don't know much about him admittedly. With that said the momentum from super boys tackle still carried them a mile into a volcano so warblade is still pretty durable. More so than hellboy unless I'm missing something. So I still say the point still stands.

If your talking about the fight I think your talking about Apollo was at 50% power during that fight he later fought Lobo at full power and steamrolled him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MonsterStomp

This is actually an awesome matchup. Now I am by no means a Hellboy expert, but after studying a decent amount of scans from Floopay and ComicStooge, I think I have enough to go on. I am giving my vote to Deathstroke here:

Based on what I've seen, Hellboy holds the strength advantage. Slade has merely ripped off a reinforced plane door with one arm. Impressive, but its not as impressive as Hellboy throwing a tree with one arm, kicking down pillars and toppling large boulders, in my opinion. However, I question if this is actually an advantage. Slade has fought opponents that have completely outclassed him in the physical category. Look at Legacy, an opponent that can lift and throw a submarine. Look at Lobo, who by Slade's own judgement outclassed him by every measure. Yet, Slade has come out on top on several occasions using his own skill and smarts to his advantage.

In regards to durability, I don't think Hellboy has Slade completely outclassed here. Slade's blunt force durability is just as good, if not better than Hellboy's. Lets compare, Hellboy has tanked grenades at point blank? So has Deathstroke in his fight with Koschei, better yet he has tanked a building busting explosion at ground zero in his encounter with Killswitch. Hellboy has shrugged off machine gunfire? So has Slade. Hellboy has been pierced with arrows though, which means Slade is fully capable of doing lasting damage with his sword. I'm not saying Slade is completely invulnerable though, I admit he's been pierced with swords and knives also, but he has stated that one would have to be impossibly fast and accurate to do so. Even if we ignore the submarine being thrown on Deathstroke, he still has the durability too compete with Hellboy here.

Lets get this out of the way, I think both are superhumanly fast, but I'm edging speed to Deathstroke. He has feats of deflecting gunfire at point blank, pretty much dodging a jet and missile at point blank, moving too fast for humans to perceive, and he's been able to feel the faint shifts in air currents and react to an attack from Tigorr at the last second. Moreover, he has fought and beaten people who were faster than him.

To the fight at hand. I don't see why Slade couldn't just massacre Hellboy with his sword. His cutting/slicing feats consist of cutting/piercing Koschei who has tanked rockets and bullets, cutting a jet wing off, cutting Deadborn's arm off (who has also tanked bullets), and Slade's sword has even pierced his own Nth metal armour by Legacy. The only thing in Hellboy's defence against it, is his indestructible arm. But due to Deathstroke's higher brain function, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle. In reverse, the blunt force Hellboy dishes out will do minimal to moderate level of damage to Deathstroke, and that's only due to his RHoD. Hellboy's gun won't be much of help since Slade should be able to tank it or dodge it. Grenades? Not an issue for Slade as explained above. Overall, Slade Wilson would win 8/10 based on everything I've gathered on Hellboy.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Gojira2014

@jashro44: Im not going to address all your points, but this one. You keep bringing up Warblade cause he survived blunt damage and heat damage. How does that translate to piercing or slashing damage Durability? Wonder woman used to be super durable to attacks, but blades and bullets harmed her remember?

So why is Slade decapitating a no skill foe who has no feats in said damage type (unless you know some as I do not follow him maybe @juiceboks knows?) impressive enough to be a win for him in skills vs HBs own skill or hard to cut/pierce skin?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MonsterStomp

I take an hour to study Hellboy and write up a conclusion and Jashro swoops in and takes care of everything. Lol.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

If your talking about the fight I think your talking about Apollo was at 50% power during that fight he later fought Lobo at full power and steamrolled him.

So Lobo is far inferior to pre 52 :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Im not going to address all your points, but this one. You keep bringing up Warblade cause he survived blunt damage and heat damage. How does that translate to piercing or slashing damage Durability? Wonder woman used to be super durable to attacks, but blades and bullets harmed her remember?

So why is Slade decapitating a no skill foe who has no feats in said damage type (unless you know some as I do not follow him) impressive enough to be a win for him in skills vs HBs own skill or hard to cut/pierce skin?

Because hellboys piercing resistance isn't that great. Arrows go into his skin and we are comparing standard bullets to a sword which cuts military jets. Thats not the only time he's been stabbed either. He was stabbed by a spear from behind during last hunt IIRC. He doesn't have the feats to withstand Slades sword and this is what my main argument is.

And you have yet to post a skill feat from hellboy against a skilled fighter. Let alone one that is as agile, fast, and tactical as Slade with his added durability to boot. Hellboy doesn't have the feats to parry Slades sword. Yes the right hand of doom can block the blade but hellboy is not fast or skilled enough to counter Slade. Again unless I'm missing something I'm really not seeing why hellboy wins here.

I don't see hellboy disarming Slade. There is a noticeable speed gap here.

@micah Thanks for the correction. I need to stop going off of hearsay....

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

Both New 52 Lobo's seem to be inferior to Pre-52 Lobo so far. Crazy/Impostor Lobo was overpowered by Apollo and Skinny Lobo has usually had the lower hand during all of his fights against New-52 Supergirl.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jashro44

@gojira2014 said:

It doesn't matter. Lobo is still not hellboy. Even assuming fighting apollo at 50% isn't impressive his feat would be fighting deathstroke and thats how lobo gets established. Yes in comparison to pre new 52 lobo thats bad but it still proves nothing in hellboys case. There is no way to determine new 52 lobos power level aside from his various fights.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MonsterStomp
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Just for clarification sake he did beat new 52 apollo when apollo was at 50% right?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

It doesn't matter. Lobo is still not hellboy. Even assuming fighting apollo at 50% isn't impressive his feat would be fighting deathstroke and thats how lobo gets established. Yes in comparison to pre new 52 lobo thats bad but it still proves nothing in hellboys case.

My point is the skill of New 52 Slade is far inferior to Pre 52 who took down the team of Teen Titans with members like Super Boy, kid Flash, and Wonder Girl, as well tagging Flash like characters, beating Green Lantern in one move ect.

New 52 Slade is inferior and in no way out skill what I seen Hellboy do here.

thats my point :)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

It doesn't matter. Lobo is still not hellboy. Even assuming fighting apollo at 50% isn't impressive his feat would be fighting deathstroke and thats how lobo gets established. Yes in comparison to pre new 52 lobo thats bad but it still proves nothing in hellboys case.

My point is the skill of New 52 Slade is far inferior to Pre 52 who took down the team of Teen Titans with members like Super Boy, kid Flash, and Wonder Girl, as well tagging Flash like characters, beating Green Lantern in one move ect.

And how does using new 52 lobo prove this? You're taking an unestablished character we know nothing about and attempting to use it to some how low ball Slade? That makes no sense. Lobo beating deathstroke is just a good showing for lobo....

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

And how does using new 52 lobo prove this? You're taking an unestablished character we know nothing about and attempting to use it to some how low ball Slade? That makes no sense. Lobo beating deathstroke is just a good showing for lobo....

Thats my point. Lobo and Warblade could be consider the closest to big name character Slade fought. Both of them are Un establish fighters, and one of them was nerfed version that Slade lost against.

there is nothing skill wise superior to Hellboy's "un establish" characters that your kind of disregarding :(

other than a small speed gap, I side with Hellboy who has show to me greater natural Durability, Strength, and roughly better gear (indestructible Fist of Doom and powerful Good Samaritan) for the win.

Thats my opinion after I asked and read through the feats.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jashro44

@gojira2014: Its actually not a small speed gap and you're the one who argued the characters in hellboys universe were more established than the ones Slade beat...When they aren't.

The speed gap is actually very large here. Same with the agility gap. And the durability gap is pretty much in Slades favor as well I would say. The only thing hellboy has going for him are strength and healing and even healing I might be willing to argue isn't significant. Strength is negated by the armor and Slade has better damage output feats.

My argument is Slade is faster and more agile, has the durability to take some hits and the damage output to take hellboys head clean off. This is something you haven't addressed at all cadence.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Gojira2014

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014: Its actually not a small speed gap and you're the one who argued the characters in hellboys universe were more established than the ones Slade beat...When they aren't.

The speed gap is actually very large here. Same with the agility gap. And the durability gap is pretty much in Slades favor as well I would say. The only thing hellboy has going for him are strength and healing and even healing I might be willing to argue isn't significant. Strength is negated by the armor and Slade has better damage output feats.

My argument is Slade is faster and more agile, has the durability to take some hits and the damage output to take hellboys head clean off. This is something you haven't addressed at all cadence.

I argued they are more well establish? Can you please quote me saying that? I never read Hellboy and asked for feats. i have read the new 52 Slade a bit, and was unimpressed. All i said was New 52 Slade foes are not any more establish to say he is more skilled than hellboy from what i read. Please do not say I said anything when I did not. Thats not cool.

Also i am not Cadence. nor have I seen a thread with him in it so far on this site. Someone you personally know?

Either way i stated my thoughts on it, and voted Hellboy after reading the CaV and scans from fans of HB. Try not to misquote me in the future. Thank you.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By micah007123

@jashro44: I'm pretty sure. During their second fight Apollo states that he was about halfway full in his solar energy reserves, which was why Lobo was able to beat him. At full power he sent Lobo flying through Stormwatch HQ and into a wall with one punch, we can assume he beat him bad since Lobo was KO'ed and Midnighter commands another member of Stormwatch to quote "scrap Lobo off the wall" LOL.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I argued they are more well establish? Can you please quote me saying that? I never read Hellboy and asked for feats. i have read the new 52 Slade a bit, and was unimpressed. All i said was New 52 Slade foes are not any more establish to say he is more skilled than hellboy from what i read. Please do not say I said anything when I did not. Thats not cool.

Also i am not Cadence. nor have I seen a thread with him in it so far on this site. Someone you personally know?

Either way i stated my thoughts on it, and voted Hellboy after reading the CaV and scans from fans of his. Try not to misquote me in the future. Thank you.

This is what you said:

@jashro44:

Your reasoning when you were asked was that he hasn't beaten greater foes than the ones hellboy has beaten...If you were saying that hellboys foes weren't well established you should have been more clear.

My argument really has nothing to do with the enemies Slade has fought aside from really warblade but even if I removed that from my argument I still have the military jet and i can just replace warblade with deadborn who was completely bullet proof as well, and yet Slade cut his arm off easily. All though its not like hellboy is as durable as a military jet is anyways.

And you're obviously cadence. You can deny it all you want it doesn't make it any less obvious.

@micah Thanks. Beating apollo at 50% is still pretty impressive at least. All though yea its still not a useable feat for Slade.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we go by Slade's highest durability feat, then Hellboy will have trouble even damaging Slade through blunt force as, though Slade was out for the rest of the issue, the guy who laid him out was Alexander Luthor and in the previous panels, Luthor was physically handling Ultraman.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

My quote says exactly what it says.

As per the scenario. Who has new 52 DS fought that was well establish or superior to the foes Hellboy fought and beaten?

Where does it state that i said HB has superior foes? I stated "was well establish OR superior" as in who has he fought that can be better. Never said they were better. The point is both are even on skills against non establish characters. I can see how you can misunderstand my intent.

Either way i feel your being sore about this, Im done.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cadence is back!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@gojira2014 said:

Either way i stated my thoughts on it, and voted Hellboy after reading the CaV and scans from fans of his. Try not to misquote me in the future. Thank you.

This is what you said:

@gojira2014 said:

@jashro44:

Your reasoning when you were asked was that he hasn't beaten greater foes than the ones hellboy has beaten...If you were saying that hellboys foes weren't well established you should have been more clear.

My argument really has nothing to do with the enemies Slade has fought aside from really warblade but even if I removed that from my argument I still have the military jet and i can just replace warblade with deadborn who was completely bullet proof as well, and yet Slade cut his arm off easily. All though its not like hellboy is as durable as a military jet is anyways.

And you're obviously cadence. You can deny it all you want it doesn't make it any less obvious.

@micahThanks. Beating apollo at 50% is still pretty impressive at least. All though yea its still not a useable feat for Slade.

Its very impressive, not alot of characters can possibly stand up to Apollo.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised by the results thus far. I would have thought after all these arguments, Deathstroke would be leading...

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I'm a fan of Deathstroke. No denying he is both formidable and skilled enough to take down opponents of all kinds.

That being said, Hellboy is no mere opponent. He's a primal force of nature. He's an apocalypse with a cigar. Slade could no more beat Hellboy than he could beat up a hurricane. There aren't a lot of characters who I'd say outclass Slade, but Hellboy is one of them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44:

My quote says exactly what it says.

As per the scenario. Who has new 52 DS fought that was well establish or superior to the foes Hellboy fought and beaten?

Where does it state that i said HB has superior foes? I stated "was well establish OR superior" as in who has he fought that can be better. Never said they were better. The point is both are even on skills against non establish characters. I can see how you can misunderstand my intent.

Either way i feel your being sore about this, Im done.

All I'll say more to the debate is deathstorke pretty much had hawkman beat and the only reason the fight continued is because Slade decided not to finish it since he needed hawkman to talk:

Hawkman has a respect thread here if you want to check it out:

http://www.comicvine.com/hawkman/4005-8337/forums/new-52-hawkman-carter-hall-respect-thread-679040/

So for the record he has beaten established enemies.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of Deathstroke. No denying he is both formidable and skilled enough to take down opponents of all kinds.

That being said, Hellboy is no mere opponent. He's a primal force of nature. He's an apocalypse with a cigar. Slade could no more beat Hellboy than he could beat up a hurricane. There aren't a lot of characters who I'd say outclass Slade, but Hellboy is one of them.

Why? What has hellboy done to say he gets a majority?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@jashro44 said:

@zzombie13 said:

Why? What has hellboy done to say he gets a majority?

You know, I may have rushed to judgement on this one. I misread which version of Deathstroke this is. If this is the one with the NTH metal armor, he'd stand a much better chance that I initially gave him credit for. If memory serves, NTH metal can disrupt magic, right? That could give him an edge I didn't consider.

As for why I give it to Hellboy though, it's not so much a list of feats or opponents as it's his background. Forged in the fires of hell, at least in my book, beats augmented metahuman. Although, as I said, I may have rushed a judgement on this one.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Deathstroke.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzombie13: Yea Nth metal can disrupt magic. All though it might be worth noting that Slades suit is only partially Nth metal so who knows.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet battle. I don't know much about Hellboy (Though I have been thinking about picking up his current Dark Horse series) so I'll sit back as viewer on this one.

I just noticed this comment but for the record if you are interested in hellboys series I would recommend it.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade for the majority now

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade for the majority now

What do you mean "now"? Didn't you give him the majority?