*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*
Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke, the Terminator, is our latest Character of the Month and we've been testing his abilities as a combatant each and every week. He was barely able to defeat Boba Fett and, last week, he lost by a mere 1% against Deadpool. Now, he's coming face-to-face with Mike Mignola's Hellboy. Will the Good Samaritan and Right Hand of Doom keep Wilson down for the count or will the DC character's talent and bladed weapons allow him to overcome this latest opponent? Voting will stay open until Friday morning (ET), so you have plenty of time to think it through.
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- Both characters have standard gear.
- This is The New 52 Deathstroke.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- Viner Arguments for both characters ().
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We've posted his Best Covers, Must Read Stories and we'll highlight some of his best battles later this week. Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.