Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool (586 votes)

Deathstroke 50%
Deadpool 44%
Too close to call 6%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

The Comic Vine community has selected Deathstroke as our latest Character of the Month. That means we're going to give him plenty of love and highlight Slade Wilson's history, best stories, and more, but it also means means we're going to test his abilities as a combatant! Last week, he barely beat Boba Fett. This week, we're going with a popular match that simply has to be done: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool!

Will Slade's skill be more than enough to drop Wade Wilson or will the Marvel character's healing factor and constant rambling make the DC mercenary eventually lose his focus? Both are incredibly agile and very deadly, but which one will be walking away as the winner when they come face-to-face? Well, readers, you can help determine that verdict!

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Deadpool's standard gear includes his swords, an assortment of firearms and a few grenades.
  • This is pre-52 Deathstroke and he also has his standard gear (sword, power staff, small firearms).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Is this the inevitable outcome? Go vote to help decide who will win!

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We've posted his Best Covers and we'll suggest some of his must read stories later this week! Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.

• 
The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By The Lobster

@the_lobster_ said:

For all those people who think Deadpool wouldn't be able to throw Deathstroke off guard or psych him out with his random witty banter.

I present exhibit A, an alternate version of Deathstroke who looks and acts exactly like Deadpool. Distracting Slade Wilson in the middle of a fight long enough for Batman to sneak up behind and knock him out cold. If this version of "Deadstroke" can do it, a version that was seriously depowered just for the sake of comedy.....Wade Wilson could do it easily. Deadpool would just have to mention the fact that he's an alternate universe version of Deathstroke designed to be a parody (Which he is) and this exact same scenario would happen. Just with Deadpool sneaking in the final blow and not Batman.

No Caption Provided

Sure, if this fight was written by someone who's going for comedic value instead of portraying a fair fight.

Slade's a professional, he's not going to get all that bothered by some guy rambling irrelevant nonsense.

It's Deadpool, there's going to be comedic value regardless heheh

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@comicstooge said:

@the_lobster_ said:

For all those people who think Deadpool wouldn't be able to throw Deathstroke off guard or psych him out with his random witty banter.

I present exhibit A, an alternate version of Deathstroke who looks and acts exactly like Deadpool. Distracting Slade Wilson in the middle of a fight long enough for Batman to sneak up behind and knock him out cold. If this version of "Deadstroke" can do it, a version that was seriously depowered just for the sake of comedy.....Wade Wilson could do it easily. Deadpool would just have to mention the fact that he's an alternate universe version of Deathstroke designed to be a parody (Which he is) and this exact same scenario would happen. Just with Deadpool sneaking in the final blow and not Batman.

No Caption Provided

Sure, if this fight was written by someone who's going for comedic value instead of portraying a fair fight.

Slade's a professional, he's not going to get all that bothered by some guy rambling irrelevant nonsense.

If that's your argument then you have no reason to to debate

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@comicstooge said:

@the_lobster_ said:

No Caption Provided

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Deadpool gets inside wolverine's head he can at least do it to Slade also. His healing is damn near magical in nature. Well beyond Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Deathstroke's healing ability. Both are near equal with a vast array of their weapon arsenal. DP's teleportation is the reason I give him the advantage. Its a close fight...but Wade squeaks out a slim victory.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@the_lobster_ said:

@comicstooge said:

@the_lobster_ said:

No Caption Provided

I believe he was joking.

In any case, Stroke still wins. DP's been KO'd by headhshots a few times.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If Deadpool gets inside wolverine's head he can at least do it to Slade also. His healing is damn near magical in nature. Well beyond Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Deathstroke's healing ability. Both are near equal with a vast array of their weapon arsenal. DP's teleportation is the reason I give him the advantage. Its a close fight...but Wade squeaks out a slim victory.

DP "getting in Wolverine's head" has never once hindered him.

DP doesn't have his teleporter anymore (he hasn't had it in years, to my knowledge) and he never used it in combat anyway.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By BWANASIMBA

Deathstroke is faster, stronger, smarter, more agile and skilled, has amazing armor and has roughly equal weaponry. The only thing Deadpool has is his superior healing, and even then, that will just prolong the fight, not alter the outcome. Slade wins, nearly every time.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

I believe he was joking.

In any case, Stroke still wins. DP's been KO'd by headhshots a few times.

Based on his original post...coulda fooled me, but anyway...

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both combatants stood on either side of the rooftop, rain pouring like buckets down upon them. One of them stood firmly in a stance, a greatsword carried in hand. The other unsheathing two katanas off of his back. "Hold on, you're that guy that everyone's always comparing me to... screw you, K4tzm4n! How many freaking times do I gotta say it, COMIC-VINE LIKES ME BETTER!" The assassin in red and black said.

The other mercenary, Deathstroke, narrowed his eyes. Either this man was trying to confuse him, or he was just plain crazy. Either way, Deathstroke had received a contract, and a simple trick like that wasn't going to stop him. Charging forward, Deathstroke attempted a hard cleave through Deadpool's chest, who leapt into the air to dodge it.

"Hey buddy, mind not swinging so hard? Yeah, I can't die thanks to big, purple, and overrated, but it stills hurts ya know..." Deadpool chided. Ignoring Deadpool's silly jest, Deathstroke leapt forward, slamming his blade into Deadpool's katanas, an attempt to disarm him apparently.

"LOL, NOPE!" Deadpool yelled, ducking behind Deathstroke, and attempting to stab him in the back. Instead, Deathstroke merely knocked the blade aside, sending a quick shot to Deadpool's head, and hacking off his arm with the sword. "Dangit, I just got that body part back you know!"

Deathstroke then went for the 'killing stroke' to Deadpool's throat, who dodged it, displaying great reflexes. Already slightly perplexed at how his opponent was still going even with his arm chopped off, Deathstroke continued on with the very aggressive assault.

With each slash, Deathstroke was becoming more and more aggressive. 'Why... isn't.... he... did?!' Deathstroke thought. The only plausible explanation was that this strange assassin had a healing factor, similar to Deathstroke's own ability. Deadpool somehow managed to pull out a pistol, firing it at Deathstroke's chest.

Blood spattered from the spot where the bullet struck, but Deathstroke continued on. Finally... Deathstroke finally managed to swing his blade straight through Deadpool's throat, chopping his head clean off! 'He has to be dead now, even a healing factor w--"

"Does this count as a defeat? Dangit, I'm sure it does..." said the decapitated head of Deadpool. Already furious that this person was STILL alive after all of that, Deathstroke kicked the head straight off the rooftop....

(I think Deathstroke wins)

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't know why this is so close. The answer is and always will be Slade. As good of a debate as it is, Deadpool just does not possess certain attributes that Deathstroke does. For example, Deathstroke is a lot stronger then Deadpool. It's never been explored or stated that Deadpool possesses superstrength, while it's very evident that in both the new and Pre-52 that Slade does. Speed/agility are very close, although if we're using New 52 Slade then Deadpool has better agility/speed from what i've seen. Deathstroke's tactical abilities are much, much better then Deadpool's. While Deadpool isn't a bad tactician when the situation calls for it, he's just not in Slade's league. Deathstroke has taken on opponents that would make short work of Deadpool. Skill is debatable honestly, but I think Slade has a better track record against skilled opponents then Deadpool. (Cap, Daredevil hell even Spider-Man have made short work of Wade. Deathstroke could beat DD pretty easily, barely come out on top of a fight with Cap and while he wouldn't win against Spider-Man, he'd do pretty good IMO.)

I like Deadpool way more as a character, but logic has always told me that Deathstroke wins this fight.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#211  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I have no idea why Deadpool getting into Wolverine's head means he can do it to Slade. Wolverine has one of the worst tempers in comics.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stupid popularity yet again.

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

Don't mistake his beserker rage for losing his cool. Logan has shown to be very disciplined at times when fighting the likes of the silver samurai, cap, spidey, and hulk. Only times when he fights more erratic is against creed, omega red, and more vicious like fighters. As for current wolverine? Is he neutered now or what? I haven't picked up his book in a few years. If he lost his healing factor than yes, I see him being more vulnerable. Still tough though.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least tie.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The merc with a mouth can't be stopped!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Stupid popularity yet again.

They are both popular, especially on this site.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme I'm not saying it's a disadvantage per-say, but more of a case where it wouldn't be the advantage it normally is. I will give you an example of what I mean. Wolverine's heightened senses. Normally they are a boon, helping him track and warning him of approaching danger, but when they're overwhelmed with too much it actually puts him at a disadvantage. Same principal here, and it's shown from that alternate version of Deathstroke that was like Deadpool. Also your argument of one staff blast, or one sword swipe could go for Slade as well. Deadpool is not going to sit there and take it. Sure he throws himself into danger headlong most of the time, but he is NOT stupid, and once he sees what Slade is bringing, he'll be less suicidal and more tactical. He is not the tactician that Slade is my any means, but he's no slouch at all. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and wait for the results.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: Deadpool has had the speed and agility to keep up with Wolverine and Sabertooth since early in his history. And Wolverine is far better than Deathstroke in terms of strength, speed, reflexes, senses, and healing factor. The only area that wolverine would be beat by DS is in grand fight strategy and overall tactics, maybe.

The low balling of Deadpool is odd for the vine. The most likely outcome of the fight would be a tossup. Promethium has always been almost unbreakable, while adamantium is unbreakable. Slade's promethium sword has some good cutting and slicing feats, but we would need to compare the cutting ability of adamantium to really compare the cutting power of the two...

Adamantium cuts far better than promethium, comparing the feats of Wolverine to Deathstroke.

Idk how so many feel that this would end as a dominant win for Deathstroke, as his new 52 armor has been penetrated by all manner of piercing weapons, and some slashing ones. His stats are above peak human, but so is Wade's speed and agility. The only way this fight ends is with decapitation, and Wade has had far better swordsmanship showings in his epics against Wolverine. And Wade has the hand to hand skill to humiliate Taskmaster while tied to a chair. Among other times when he schooled Tony.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By MonsterStomp

@wolverine08 said:

Slade would beat Wade. But due to Wade's insane healing factor, he'll just keep regenerating. So Slade continues to come at him. Wade soaks everything like a sponge. Then Slade cuts his head in half and thinking he won the fight, walks away. This is where Wade gets his cheap shot in. He regenerates and slits Slade's throat Moon Knight style.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Slade would beat Wade. But due to Wade's insane healing factor, heal just keep regenerating. So Slade continues to come at him. Wade soaks everything like a sponge. Then Slade cuts his head in half and thinking he won the fight, walks away. This is where Wade gets his cheap shot in. He regenerates and slits Slade's throat Moon Knight style.

If K4tz doesn't highlight this as argument of the week on Friday, I'mma be livid!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08 said:

Slade would beat Wade. But due to Wade's insane healing factor, heal just keep regenerating. So Slade continues to come at him. Wade soaks everything like a sponge. Then Slade cuts his head in half and thinking he won the fight, walks away. This is where Wade gets his cheap shot in. He regenerates and slits Slade's throat Moon Knight style.

If K4tz doesn't highlight this as argument of the week on Friday, I'mma be livid!

I forgot the best part: It doesn't matter if Slade can regenerate from that! He lost.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more people need to vote

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Wolverine008

The Merc With a Mouth is dancing his way to a victory!

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Nothing beats the broscience dougie.

Maybe if Slade followed the Broscience life more he could get more swole and not have Deadpool dropping him in the poll!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08: Nothing beats the broscience dougie.

Maybe if Slade followed the Broscience life more he could get more swole and not have Deadpool dropping him in the poll!

Loading Video...

Deadpool's support be like

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@dedpool: The alternate version of Deadpool was basically a comic meant to be funny. It in no way signified Slade's consistent character, nor his fighting ability. Then to get knocked out by a single strike by Batman isn't really something that is consistent either.

Slade's mind enhancement is most definitely a HUGE advantage this fight and here is why, Slade's mind enhancement isn't as much a technical computer rather a extremely fast processor. Highlighted when he was fighting beast boy in cheetah form, he explained how the brain enhancement allows him to send signals to his brain at a MUCH faster rate than a non altered brain. This is the significant advantage I am talking about. He basically said to beast boy (I'm paraphrasing) "before your brain can even communicate to lift a finger, I am already in action moving it down". This isn't something that can be tricked like your argument is suggesting.

Now along with his brain enhancement comes his tactical prowess, which feat by feat would be more of an advantage this fight than Wade's ability to talk annoyingly.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: you greatly low balled Deathstroke, then say Deadpool is being low balled when he is absolutely loved on the vine?

And this is pre-52 Slade, not new 52 according to the bio.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool still leading 47 to 46 :)

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Deadpool is buying the votes.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree like I said. But no matter what it'd be a good fight!

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: After reading your post carefully, I'm not really sure that it actually has anything to do with mine.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@senglord: After reading your post carefully, I'm not really sure that it actually has anything to do with mine.

LOL.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade Wilson in a pretty decent battle if Wade is serious.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By senglord

@cf12793: you claim that there is a clear advantage for Deathstroke while Deadpool has adamantium Katana's. And has experience beating physically and mentally better foes than Deathstroke usually deals with. The most relevant argument is that unless he has the new 52 armor, Slade will likely end up being sliced by Wade's adamantium Katanas before he gets a lucky shot in.

@cable_extreme: There is no low balling of Deathstroke. He is fightng someone who was originally created as a decent Wolverine opponent. And the vine is in agreement that Wolverine dominates Slade in every physical category. His advantage in thought speed is matched by Wolverine's far greater martial arts skill and fighting experience. And he has tied with Deadpool in all out epic fights.

Slade's armor was always geared for blunt force and energy attacks, and have consistently shown weakness against piercing and certain sword attacks.

The fight should be a tossup due to the different methods of fighting. But, an edge. Should go to Wade due to being able to come back from all manner of physically annihilating damage.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@senglord: the vine is not in agreement with Wolverine dominating Slade in every category you are making a lot of claims which you haven't supported yet.

We can go feat by feat and I promise you that the only clear advantages Wolverine would have would be defined martial knowledge (not applied skill) and durability/healing.

Slade I personally would argue having better speed than Logan in terms of reaction, so your unsupported claim of Wolverine being "vastly" isn't a good argument unless it is supported, which after the countless Wolverine debates, it most definitely is not, and I am more than happy to go feat by feat with you to prove Slade has better reaction feats skill feats, tactical feats etc...over Deadpool.

You are greatly lowballing Deathstroke, if you want I'll show you why, I'll have to link the scans due to me only having an ipad atm.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By CF12793

@senglord: Do you really, honestly believe that Wade is so much faster then Deathstroke that he's going to blitz him with his katanas before Deathstroke has the chance to react? Not only are you making Deadpool out to be much faster then he actually is, but you're also disregarding that Slade has the skill advantage over Deadpool. The adamantium katanas are useful against Slade, I'm not doubting that, but honestly the idea of Deadpool being too fast for Deathstroke is absurd. Now that I know this is Pre-New 52 for certain, I would actually take back my statement earlier saying that Deadpool has an advantage in combat speed/agility. I would say that Deadpool's only advantage over Slade is healing. Tell me, aside from Wolverine and Sabretooth, who Wade has fought that are physically and mentally tougher then who Slade has dealt with. Deadpool has struggled in one on one encounters with street levelers such as Spider-Man, Blade and Daredevil, while Deathstroke has taken on teams of heroes who are significantly stronger and more powerful than he is and has come out on top.

I honestly support Deadpool every chance I get, but he simply doesn't possess enough advantages to win this fight. I'm not saying that it would be an easy fight for Slade. If Wade is serious, then this would be a brutal fight. It's just that IMO, Slade's skill advantage and no-nonsense attitude along with his gear and better physicals would allow him to take this fight in the end. I'm a way bigger Deadpool fan then I am of Deathstroke. Heck, I only researched Deathstroke in the beginning because of his connection to Wade.