Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Boba Fett

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Boba Fett (402 votes)

Boba Fett 44%
Deathstroke 48%
Too close to call 8%

Boba Fett has earned his reputation as one of the galaxy's most feared bounty hunters. He's stood up to Darth Vader and faced many other kinds of threats, but does this high tech character have what it takes to bring down our latest Character of the Month?

Yes, we all know Boba Fett is basically useless in the movies. He looks cool and then he gets demolished by a blind Han Solo. How can that stand up to Slade Wilson, right? Well, we're not using just movie Fett! In this battle, we're taking into account all of the bounty hunter's showings in the expanded universe, as well. If you're going to vote, please take those into consideration. Now, whether that'll be enough to bring down the mercenary from DC has yet to be determined, but you can play a part in picking the outcome! Go read the rules -- they give important details like where they're fighting and what not -- and then cast your vote when you've made up your mind.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Boba Fett has all of his standard gear. No vehicles, obviously.
  • This is pre-52 Deathstroke and he also has his standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We'll have his Best Covers posted this Friday, too. Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.

• 
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@fetts: he can perceive the world in extremely slow motion, but it is apparent he can lower his awareness to talk to every day folk. Basically he isn't always like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@omnicrono: Thanks, I try.

Well until you back up that opinion, it isn't really doing much. It's just words.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Gracetrack

@i_like_swords said:

Thanks, I try.

Well until you back up that opinion, it isn't really doing much. It's just words.

There's no need for me to back it up at this point in the thread, because several people already have. If you didn't read all the comments, sorry... but that's not my problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: I can just as easily say that my arguments have gone uncountered and that it's not my problem if you didn't ream them. Doesn't really accomplish much, does it?

I'm just saying, it's pretty pointless to drop an opinion like that on a battle without substantiating it, citing any form of argument or evidence, and just saying "well other people have made good arguments so there's no need for me to bother"

Also.. a lot of my arguments have in fact gone unanswered, such as Boba's speed/tactical feats, his jetpack mobility, superior firepower, durability ect.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: i dont see how slade will deal with bobas armor jetpack and weapon versatility. No to mention even in close battle hes got lightsabers.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Gracetrack

@nerdchore: Based on everything I've seen from EU Boba, Slade is faster, stronger, thinks quicker on top of having a type of battle precog, heals quicker, has enhanced natural senses (sight, hearing, smell), is a better martial artist and tactician, and his promethium mesh makes him just as durable to attack (able to tank a point-blank starbolt from Starfire) with the exception of maybe a lightsaber strike. The ranged argument for Fett is countered by the building/obstacle/stealth argument for Slade (he isn't going to stand out in the open an allow himself to get pelted from from the sky once he sees Fett try to utilize his flight/ranged advantage, he's a little smarter than that), if it becomes a close-quarters battle then Fett stands little chance as that is Slade's milieu. If neither fighter wants to play the other's game, then it becomes a war of attrition and Slade will be able to hold out longer due to his enhanced physicals. Quite frankly, people are underselling Slade's intellect, tactical genius, and ability to formulate a plan (as he so often excelled at pre-52) in this scenario where everything in the environment is "on limits," as the OP states: "Assume they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc." Meaning if Slade sees Fett playing keep-away, he's going to take it to the sewers and building interiors to form a strategy and bait his opponent.

I really just don't see Boba winning a majority against Slade in this particular scenario. If the battlefield were simply an open field with little cover from fire, I'd probably give the majority to Boba because his flight/ranged advantage would keep him out of harm's way for the most part and there would be little Slade could do to counter. That's not the case here.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By TheBlackHood

@nerdchore said:

@omnicrono: i dont see how slade will deal with bobas armor jetpack and weapon versatility. No to mention even in close battle hes got lightsabers.

Even @i_like_swords has stated that the lightsabers would not be available as they do not represent Fett's standard gear. My argument with the jetpack is that Slade has the option to either take the fight indoors, which would eliminate the usefulness of the jetpack or use his superior speed / enhanced perception and promethean bullets to take the jetpack out. As I cited with Slade's ability to hit the Atom with a laser pointer, Deathstroke has pin-point accuracy and is one of the best shots in DC.

Further, the argument of Fett being fast enough to dodge blaster fire is a fallacy. Fett doesn't dodge the blaster and more than Batman dodges bullets or the X-men's enemies dodge Cyclops. They dodge the person targeting them, not the weapon itself. This is an important difference and is based far more on tactical thinking and perception than speed. On the other hand, Slade is fast enough to dodge and tag the Flash family time and again.

No Caption Provided

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: i agree slade is a bad ass. But boba isnt fodder he has the intellect strategy and quick thinking as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono:

Slade is faster

Nope. Clone-class beings are fast enough to react to sniper rifle fire after it was fired, with their backs turned, dodge blaster bolts from high-caliber rifles at close range. Boba personally has been fast enough to out-maneuver dozens of starfighters firing at him with blaster-cannons, which are significantly faster and more powerful, and in greater quantity, as well as far more technologically advanced, than anything Slade has dodged. Boba has also outmaneuvered hails of blaster fire on-foot with very little room to move around. He has also managed to move faster than Connor Freeman (the son of a runaway Clone Trooper who can dodge blaster bolts and is a relatively capable marksman) can react to, ripping his blaster out his hand at blurring speeds leaving him standing there like "huh?"

Really, what has Slade done to suggest he is faster than the likes of Boba and Jango?

stronger

A negligible advantage considering Boba can and has tanked physical blows from people just as strong as Slade, with inferior armor, and also because you're yet to prove that Slade can get within range to utilise his strength.

thinks quicker on top of having a type of battle precog

Unless you provide examples of when, in a random encounter, Slade has used his mental enhancements to win a tactical victory, then it's pretty baseless to assume it'll help him here. And since when was Slade precognitive in any way?

heals quicker

He isn't healing very quickly from anything Boba lands.

has better natural senses (sight, hearing, smell)

Which are completely outstripped by Boba's multiple vision modes, 360 degree field of vision, insanely acute audio filters, heartbeat sensors, heads up display and lock-on functions.

is a better martial artist and tactician

Martial artist, yes, although this only helps if Slade can somehow negate all of Boba's weapons, jetpack and Beskar armor. Anything to substantiate Slade's greater tactical ability?

and his promethium mesh makes him just as durable to attack (able to tank a point-blank starbolt from Starfire) with the exception of maybe a lightsaber strike.and his promethium mesh makes him just as durable to attack (able to tank a point-blank starbolt from Starfire) with the exception of maybe a lightsaber strike.

He isn't just as durable as Beskar. At best he's about as durable as Boba's durasteel/plast armors, which have allowed him to tank direct blaster bolts, missiles, 2 ton punches, something like 20-30 foot falls ect. Seriously, being able to no-sell a lightsaber strike (a weapon which can cut through metals dense enough to warp space, creatures who casually live in lava, and capital ship hulls which can withstand hundreds of thousands of tons of pressure) is a far greater feat of durability than Slade is packing. He also didn't tank Starfire's blast, he was left with a gaping hole in his armor, and I'm still waiting on Starfire's power feats prior to that blast which make the feat impressive.

The ranged argument for Fett is countered by the building/obstacle/stealth argument for Slade (he isn't going to stand out in the open an allow himself to get pelted from from the sky once he sees Fett try to utilize his flight/ranged advantage, he's a little smarter than that)

I already countered the stealth thing, as did Fetts, on previous pages (which you apparently read?). Between his audio filters, vision modes, heartbeat sensor and HUD, Slade is not sneaking up on Boba. Although I'm not saying it's not an intelligent tactic which Slade is possibly capable of using - it's just not one that will work.

if it becomes a close-quarters battle then Fett stands little chance as that is Slade's milieu.

I'm still waiting for an argument as to how Slade even gets up close, and then one for how he stays there while Boba engulfs him in fire and flies away.

If neither fighter wants to play the others game, then it becomes a war of attrition and Slade will be able to hold out longer due to his enhanced physicals. Quite frankly, people are underselling Slade's intellect, tactical genius, and ability to formulate a plan (as he so often excelled at pre-52) in this scenario where everything in the environment is "on limits," as the OP states: "Assume they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc." Meaning if Slade sees Fett playing keep-away, he's going to take it to the sewers and building interiors to form a strategy and bait his opponent.

Slade is the one who has to play Boba's game. Boba can just keep his distance as long as he wants if Slade decides to hide away or try to avoid a ranged assault, whereas Slade's only option for winning is getting up close. In order to get up close, he will need to get within Boba's firing range. He is not surviving in it.

Nobody is underselling Slade. I'm actually yet to see any tactical feats of his which are applicable to this scenario. He also is not baiting Boba, because Boba knows how to use his advantages and knows that being patient is important. It was one of the first lessons Jango taught him.

No Caption Provided

Does that conversation not perfectly depict how Boba would react to Slade hiding away in a building or sewer?

I really just don't see Boba winning a majority against Slade in this particular scenario. If the battlefield were simply an open field with little cover from fire, I'd probably give the majority to Boba because his flight/ranged advantage would keep him out of harms way for the most part and there would be little Slade could do to counter. That's not the case here.

In this case Boba can still play to his ranged advantage despite the couple of cars and buildings Slade may hide behind or inside. He could just do this to be honest:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

One dead mercenary.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: i agree slade is a bad ass. But boba isnt fodder he has the intellect strategy and quick thinking as well.

I don't think anyone considers Fett fodder and no one is indicating that this will be an easy fight. The problem is that the vast majority of Fett's feats come at the expense of no name Jedi or thugs. On the other hand, those of us voting for Deathstroke have posted examples of him kicking the stuffing out of some of the best characters in DC. Unfortunately, Fett is largely presented as an opportunist rather than a straight up contender. This doesn't mean that he isn't a strong character, but he simply doesn't seem to have the skills compared to Slade. His armor is a huge factor, but Slade's staff is every bit as dangerous as a blaster if not more so. In a wide open field, Fett would take this, but in terrain with buildings, he doesn't have what it takes to deal with someone of Slade's caliber.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade's Armor, Sword and Bullets are made of Promethium. Here is a description of the metal from DC.

"Volatile promethium: Promethium is also capable of generating and absorbing near-limitless amounts of energy, and so can be used as a power source for many gadgets. However, this "volatile promethium" is a dangerous mutagen that can be used to mutate living beings or trigger their metagene. Dayton used it when creating the super-powered criminals known as Hybrid. Deathstroke the Terminator's mesh armour, sword and staff are made (either wholly or in part) of volatile promethium. He is likely able to use these weapons without suffering the negative sides effects as a result of his healing factor."

So just to be clear, Deathstroke's weaponry is every bit as dangerous as Fett's and his armor can withstand anything that the bounty hunter can dish out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore said:

I don't think anyone considers Fett fodder and no one is indicating that this will be an easy fight. The problem is that the vast majority of Fett's feats come at the expense of no name Jedi or thugs. On the other hand, those of us voting for Deathstroke have posted examples of him kicking the stuffing out of some of the best characters in DC. Unfortunately, Fett is largely presented as an opportunist rather than a straight up contender. This doesn't mean that he isn't a strong character, but he simply doesn't seem to have the skills compared to Slade. His armor is a huge factor, but Slade's staff is every bit as dangerous as a blaster if not more so. In a wide open field, Fett would take this, but in terrain with buildings, he doesn't have what it takes to deal with someone of Slade's caliber.

You keep spouting that Boba only/mainly fights no-names when it's quite blatantly not the case. Slade fighting the Teen Titans and Justice League members after extensive time spent studying them and preparing the battlefield isn't applicable to this type of fight, and does not directly answer Boba's advantages. Boba is hardly presented as only an opportunist when he's managed to stave off Darth Vader in close quarters (for a longer period of time than Slade could, by the way) and has openly defeated groups of ten men at a time through nothing else but direct combat (after giving them his blaster, just for kicks). You're just severely downplaying Boba at this point, and it's getting very boring to read over and over again.

I'll ask again - why do buildings help Slade, when Boba can just set up shop somewhere and wait for Slade to appear, using his technology to keep track of him? Why can't he just flush Slade out of a building with explosives? He did it to Darth Vader, using a thermal detonator which appeared to be more powerful than it actually was, and Vader is someone with far greater reaction speed, clairvoyance, senses and precognition than Slade.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood: Edit: going to use this post to counter something else. To come.

Further, the argument of Fett being fast enough to dodge blaster fire is a fallacy. Fett doesn't dodge the blaster and more than Batman dodges bullets or the X-men's enemies dodge Cyclops. They dodge the person targeting them, not the weapon itself. This is an important difference and is based far more on tactical thinking and perception than speed. On the other hand, Slade is fast enough to dodge and tag the Flash family time and again.

Yeah, Boba totally just dodges blaster-fire by judging the aim of the shooter beforehand......

No Caption Provided

Just like this clone, who inherits Jango's natural physical capabilities (like all clones) did here when he reacted to a sniper-blaster round after it was fired, with his back turned.....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just like how Jango dodged blaster fire here at close range after it was fired...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And no, IDGAF that I'm stacking these scans. People need to see the truth.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 owie  Moderator

I'm going to break this down as I see it.

Accuracy: close enough that they can both expect to hit their target pretty much every time, excepting for dodging.

Speed/reflexes: Deathstroke's is superhuman; definitely less than Spider-man, but above Captain America. As far as I know, Mandalorians do not have enhanced physicals. Certainly Clone and Storm Troopers do not, and if Jango/Boba were enhanced, why would they not have passed these qualities on to the clones? Despite the single lucky dodge by a clone you showed, the entire rest of the history of the clones doesn't show them doing much of anything special when it comes to speed. Sure, they are good soldiers, but nothing amazing. The Jango example above is likewise not particularly persuasive, it's standard comics dodging. I know Boba has fought Jedi on various occasions, which as far as I know is the only real basis for believing he may have enhanced speed. However, as we all know, Jedi speed is one of the most inconsistent things in the EU. Sometimes they run around at superhuman speeds, other times they get tagged by everyday standard folks. While I am happy to agree that Boba has the overall fighting skill to beat Jedi, I don't believe he has the speed or reflexes to hang with them if they are actually using the force to enhance their speed. I think Boba has standard reflexes for a highly-skilled human-level comics character, and can fight, dodge, etc. more or less at the level of someone like Punisher--far better than a real-world human, but not at the level of a metahuman. I don't have a million Deathstroke scans at my disposal, but he has a very long clear history of being able to dodge all kinds of ranged weapons in a highly acrobatic way.

If there are more examples of Boba's enhanced speed/reflexes than the one "stealing the gun out of the guy's hands" feat, I'd be glad to see them.

Armor: as already discussed, Deathstroke's is pretty tough, but I agree that Fett could pierce it after a couple rounds of his various weapons, and particularly his disintegrator (which I doubt he'll use as his first shot). As also already discussed, I believe Boba's durasteel plates could equally be pierced by DS's blast staff after a few hits, but his beskar suit would be very hard to pierce. His armor weave "cloth" in either suit could be vulnerable however.

Weapons: Boba has far more weapons, and he can't be disarmed of several of them since they're built into his suit. His various guns, however, could be shot out of his hands. His weapons are generally more powerful. Most of them, however, can be dodged (not forever, but sometimes). His sonics are probably the most dangerous since they couldn't be dodged easily. Deathstroke's blast staff can shoot powerfully from a distance, and up close his sword can probably cut through the durasteel armor.

Flying: While Boba may have some feats of outflying star fighters's attacks, let's be honest, the jet packs in the movies are pretty slow, and the jet packs in the Clone Wars show are good, but not so amazing that they enable someone to avoid getting shot. The jet pack gives Fett the ability to avoid H2H, and gives him great eye-in-the-sky shooting perspectives, but he can still theoretically be shot down; he's not going to be going too fast to be hit. And while he can rain down explosives on buildings, he doesn't have an infinite capacity to do so, he'll run out of explosive ammo eventually.

Tactics: Again, Deathstroke's capability in this area is superhuman, he is capable of thinking 9x faster than normal. He has regularly taken down teams that are exponentially above him, to the degree that it is ridiculous. It is true that he tends to do this with prep, or at least with knowledge of his opponents, but the same is true of Fett. And Deathstroke's wins are often not always based on knowledge, he can think on his feet very well. Fett is a very good tactician, but I don't believe he has the metahuman capabilities of Deathstroke. When you ask what specific examples of prep would be applicable here, I feel like they all are, in the sense that what he has been consistently capable of fighting people that he couldn't even conceivably beat, and yet he has, time and again. He finds a way to do the impossible. I like the example you showed of Boba learning patience--but DS has patience too.

Overall it seems to me that this is too close to call. Fett's jetpack will give him the distance to avoid Slade's best attacks, and his armor will protect him from many hits. Likewise, Deathstroke's superhuman thinking capacity and speed will enable him to avoid many attacks and find some ways to win out over Fett, such as attacking his jetpack, his less-armored limbs, or shooting to disarm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: On the front of speed and reflexes I showed Boba dodging the fire of dozens of blaster-cannons from X-Wings - projectiles that make modern day firearms look like slingshots in comparison. I then showed Boba weaving around numerous blaster bolts on foot. In response, you told me that Deathstroke - in a completely different universe, and franchise to Star Wars - has been labelled as metahuman in speed, and therefore must be faster, even though a superhuman in DC may not be a metahuman in Star Wars.

I wonder who made the more convincing argument there. The guy who posted a feat vs the guy who is relying on a non-applicable label.

On the front of armor I mostly agree, although it's worth pointing out that while people keep bringing up that Boba's "cloth" can be pierced, they also fail to mention that 1) This has never actually been shown as a glaring weakness in Boba's armor, and he has never had to worry about these small gaps when tanking missiles directly, and 2) Deathstroke can be hit literally anywhere on his body and take damage, so Boba is still far better off on this front.

On the weapons front, Slade is not simply shooting Boba's blaster out of his hand unless you can prove he's capable of doing so, in comparison to Boba's reaction speed feats. However you are right in that Boba severely outguns Slade, what with having multiple wrist-rockets, a jetpack missile, wrist laser, two flamethrowers, poison darts, a blaster, thermal detonators ect, in comparison to Slade's one blast staff, sword and maybe a couple guns should they be considered standard gear. All of which can be avoided just as efficiently as Slade could avoid Boba's weapons. So really, in terms of speed and avoidance there is no real edge, but in terms of armor and weapons, Boba can tank Slade's only energy-based weapon without any real damage, and can kill Slade in about two direct hits from whatever he is packing, where in contrast Slade cannot take out Boba without a sustained and unanswered assault, and cannot tank anything that lands directly. I still don't know why Durasteel is being referenced.

While Boba may have some feats of outflying star fighters's attacks, let's be honest, the jet packs in the movies are pretty slow, and the jet packs in the Clone Wars show are good, but not so amazing that they enable someone to avoid getting shot.

No Caption Provided

What have the movies got to do with Expanded Universe Boba Fett? Seriously..... such an illegitimate cop out. I don't even feel like it's necessary to explain what is wrong with this logic.

If you want proof of the jetpacks speed, there is the outpacing X-Wing fire, and there is also this, which I posted on previous pages.

Boba flying out from under a falling cage of dogs, that is literally point blank above him, so fast that not only does he get away from it, but the person who watched it fall on him thought he was underneath it, when Boba was actually hovering behind him.

The jet pack gives Fett the ability to avoid H2H, and gives him great eye-in-the-sky shooting perspectives, but he can still theoretically be shot down; he's not going to be going too fast to be hit. And while he can rain down explosives on buildings, he doesn't have an infinite capacity to do so, he'll run out of explosive ammo eventually.

Not only does it give Boba the opportunity to outpace Slade's blast staff, but it also gives him far more mobility, a better perspective to shoot from and the ability to negate Slade's only opportunity of victory, which is melee combat. He can theoretically be shot down, but then theoretically he can use his far superior armament to kill Slade, which is something I see as completely plausible unless I've been missing something this entire time. He doesn't have an infinite capacity to destroy buildings, but he doesn't need one either.

Again, Deathstroke's capability in this area is superhuman, he is capable of thinking 9x faster than normal. He has regularly taken down teams that are exponentially above him, to the degree that it is ridiculous. It is true that he tends to do this with prep, or at least with knowledge of his opponents, but the same is true of Fett.

Labelling Deathstroke superhuman literally means nothing. That is just a label. His 9x faster enhancement is also useless unless you can substantiate it's usefulness. You still are not citing what teams he has taken down, and how those showings can be translated to fighting Boba Fett. They're also partially invalid due to the extensive time Slade spent studying said teams, and the fact in some of them he prepared the environment beforehand - luxuries he is sorely lacking against Boba. The same is not true of Fett, because I've cited and posted four occasions where Boba has bested/done well against opponents/teams, in a totally random encounter, with no prep time or the level of prior knowledge that could be truly useful, such as weaknesses.

And Deathstroke's wins are often not always based on knowledge, he can think on his feet very well. Fett is a very good tactician, but I don't believe he has the metahuman capabilities of Deathstroke. When you ask what specific examples of prep would be applicable here, I feel like they all are, in the sense that what he has been consistently capable of fighting people that he couldn't even conceivably beat, and yet he has, time and again. He finds a way to do the impossible. I like the example you showed of Boba learning patience--but DS has patience too.

I would like to see some examples of Slade legitimately thinking on his feet. No prep time, no studying opponents, no battlefield altering - just pure tactics and fighting ability. I've posted examples for Boba, now it's someone elses turn. Just saying "Deathstroke has patience" doesn't make what I posted any less valid. The point was that Slade could "bait" Boba into close quarters - so I posted an instance where Jango specifically taught Boba not to do that. And then funnily enough, Boba follows the lesson to a T when he uses diversionary tactics against Darth Vader.

Overall it seems to me that this is too close to call. Fett's jetpack will give him the distance to avoid Slade's best attacks, and his armor will protect him from many hits. Likewise, Deathstroke's superhuman thinking capacity and speed will enable him to avoid many attacks and find some ways to win out over Fett, such as attacking his jetpack, his less-armored limbs, or shooting to disarm.

Slade's only advantages here are superior strength, melee combat ability, superhuman labels and unsubstantiated mental enhancements. Boba has better everything else, going by the feats posted so far. Boba doesn't have any glaring weakness in his armor, and Slade would not instinctively know to target those areas even if they were glaring. I see it as far more plausible that Boba kills Slade by attacking any part of his body with far superior firepower, than Slade hanging in the fight for such a prolonged period of time that he manages to find a miniscule kink in Boba's armor and then exploit it perfectly without getting hurt himself. There's also nothing to substantiate Slade's ability to disarm Boba any more than Boba could disarm Slade.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Artoreus

@theblackhood: i_like_swords never said that lightsabers were not in Baboa's standard gear, he said that he didn't know if they were in Boaba's standard gear. I would make the case they are considering he has used it against multiple opponents that were Jedi and Sith. It has been know that he occasionally carries with him the lightsabers of fallen force sensitives that he has killed. And the fact that more Jedi and Sith have popped up in the latter 40 years of his life and that his missions have required him to deal with them. That Being the Admiral Daala conflict, the Darth Cadus rebellion, the Yuzonvong War, and the subsiquent heckling with the Jedi order fallowing, not to mention hunting down Jedi for the Empire prior to ROTJ. Take in mind also that he only uses them as a last resort when he is dealing with Force sensitive or as a surprise weapon, it is kinda of like an ace in the whole.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By TheBlackHood

@i_like_swords: "You still are not citing what teams he has taken down,"

You say that no one has shown the teams that Deathstroke has taken down when we time and again provide scans and evidence of what he is capable. At this point you are simply lying. Slade being a superhuman is not simply a "label". By far your worst argument is that Deathstroke knows the abilities of his enemies as if that somehow invalidates his feats. You have shown ZERO scans of Fett fighting anyone with any real skill outside of the Vader fight where he was able to do little more than repeatedly scramble away and save himself. No one needs to post scans of Deathstroke fighting random thugs because we have shown feats that are far more impressive. You time and again completely ignore Slade's super speed when he is shown time and again in my scans to punch, kick, and dodge the Flash family. In comparison you have shown Fett fighting thugs, not getting shot, which is about as impressive as not being shot in GI Joe and barely surviving Vader. I got ahold of the DC roleplaying game to put some of Slade's stats into numerical value.

Strength: Slade has enhanced strength that allows him to lift or strike with the force of 6 tons.

Enhanced Senses: Slade has Acute Smell, Vision, Hearing, Danger Sense, Rapid Vision and Rapid Hearing. The last two allow him to react to attacks that normal humans would get no defense to.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: "You still are not citing what teams he has taken down,"

You say that no one has shown the teams that Deathstroke has taken down when we time and again provide scans and evidence of what he is capable. At this point you are simply lying.

In that post I was referencing, it was another example of someone saying "Slade has fought many teams of people who should beat him" or something along those lines, without citing context, how he beat them, what they're capable of, why the feat is impressive, how it applies to this particular battle or really anything of substance.

Slade being a superhuman is not simply a "label"

Yes it is. Calling Slade superhuman is a label. And when you do only that without citing feats to back it up, it remains a label, and only a label.

By far your worst argument is that Deathstroke knows the abilities of his enemies as if that somehow invalidates his feats. You have shown ZERO scans of Fett fighting anyone with any real skill outside of the Vader fight where he was able to do little more than repeatedly scramble away and save himself. No one needs to post scans of Deathstroke fighting random thugs because we have shown feats that are far more impressive.

It does invalidate them to some extent. Deathstroke does not have prep time, prior knowledge or the ability to alter the environment by planting explosives in this fight, so I don't see how the feats are directly applicable. But you simply continue to protest this is the case, because you obviously cannot bring up an example of Slade using tactical ingenuity in a completely random encounter.

I've shown Boba Fett trouncing ten bounty hunters on the spot, in a random encounter with no prior knowledge, after throwing one of his weapons away just to prove a point. This shows that not only is he extensively armed, but he's skilled enough to very casually dismantle entire groups of blaster-wielding bounty hunters with utter ease. I've shown Boba Fett displaying tactical ingenuity when he took on an entire security force for a powerful gangster, by using one of their own Rancor's to dispatch them, and then using his jetpack missile to dispatch the rancor. And these were plans he made up completely on the fly with no prior knowledge or time to prepare, while he was being shot at by a room full of men, and while he was trying to keep Connor Freeman from being killed. Just because the people he is fighting are not necessarily impressive, it does not mean the feat is any less impressive than I'm describing it. Just because Slade has beaten up a few Titans in hand-to-hand (which is impressive as a hand-to-hand showing), does not mean he can negate any of Boba's advantages, and does not make him tactically superior. It's just a hand-to-hand showing.

You time and again completely ignore Slade's super speed when he is shown time and again in my scans to punch, kick, and dodge the Flash family.

I guess Thor has superhuman speed because he's tagged Silver Surfer now.

That is exactly where the logic you are trying to use will lead you. Not to mention the circumstances of prep time and extensive prior knowledge on movement patterns and what not. Going by actual feats of speed - not iffy showings of tagging people who react in femtoseconds after studying them extensively, or simple labels like "superhuman" - Deathstroke is not any faster than Boba Fett.

In comparison you have shown Fett fighting thugs, not getting shot, which is about as impressive as not being shot in GI Joe and barely surviving Vader.

Not getting shot.. aka dodging. There is context behind the impressiveness of him fighting "thugs" that you seem completely fine with ignoring for the sake of your argument. The showing against Vader was only posted because of the fact it shows how quickly Fett can unload his entire arsenal, and that he is capable of staving off an opponent who, in the same situation, would speedblitz Slade and cut him in half, or crush his windpipe. The fact he even managed to give Vader pause is impressive, and it's enough to demonstrate that he could cause far more trouble to someone like Deathstroke.

I got ahold of the DC roleplaying game to put some of Slade's stats into numerical value.

Strength: Slade has enhanced strength that allows him to lift or strike with the force of 6 tons.

Enhanced Senses: Slade has Acute Smell, Vision, Hearing, Danger Sense, Rapid Vision and Rapid Hearing. The last two allow him to react to attacks that normal humans would get no defense to.

Let me know when you get a hold of some type of canon source to substantiate your argument.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood: Deflecting handgun bullets is a good feat of speed, which puts him on par with Boba, but it doesn't transcend anything Boba is capable of, being that he has dodged numerous projectiles that are far faster than handgun bullets, and beings of his exact genetic code, with lesser training and overall physical ability, have reacted to a sniper rifle round after it was fired.

To put it into perspective for you - laser weaponry has been archaic for four thousand years in the Star Wars universe. Conventional firearms, much less handguns, are not even worth discussing. So while deflecting some is good, it doesn't really trump Boba in any way shape or form, considering he has dodged fire from blaster-cannons from starfighters.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 k4tzm4n  Moderator

This is pre-52 Deathstroke so he doesn't have that armor.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Can you answer whether or not Boba Fett has Lightsabers? There seems to be some contention whether or not this is considered standard gear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is going off topic.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Can you answer whether or not Boba Fett has Lightsabers? There seems to be some contention whether or not this is considered standard gear.

No, he does not have a lightsaber in the fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood: None of your scans apply aside from the ones where he tags kid flash and blocks bullets I'm afraid.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme:

Ya but when he's running, everything automatically goes into slow motion. I mean think about it. If that wasn't the case, he'd just crash into every street sign and tree and building when he's being all speedy-like. And that's what he did when he went at Deathstroke. He ran at him.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: well, when he runs he can up his awareness to match the speed at which he is going, however, due to the compact space, morals ect.. He didn't up it anymore than he thought he had to. Last thing he wants is to splatter Slade's guts all over the pavement.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fett.

*mind blown*

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade's enhancements enable him to more fully process information in his environment, similar to Captain America. As it is, our brains only actively process what is considered relevant to be rendered into images. Slade would have a clearer image of the world and what moves in it. This is why shooting matches between Slade and Deadshot are so close. What Slade can do with enhancements regarding shooting, Deadshot can do with his specialized technology. This is the problem with Slade not having a technology boost to further enhance his superhuman perception.

The fight should be too close to call, neither one will miss their shots, neither one can really escape the other.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood said:

No, he does not have a lightsaber in the fight.

Well this changes things a bit and makes the fight more intense :)

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Artoreus

Now the question is can Slade close the gap against Boba and his jetpack and if he manages to do it how jacked up will he be when he engages in cqc. I am still going to give Boba a slight margin on this mainly for his weaponry, HUD, and armor messing up Slade a bit if not killing him before Slade can manage cqc.If Slade manages to close the gap he is going to be pretty messed up from the stuff Boba is dishing out. That combined with the fact that: boba also has some interesting gear for close quarter combat that is also lethal to Slade, has reflexing on par with some Jedi masters, and Slade is only going to be effective against the Kevlar like mesh part of Boba's armor, Boba should take this one by a slight margin.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I voted for Slade and I stand by the vote. But the folks who argued so passionately for Boba, this one is for you:

No Caption Provided