Boba Fett has earned his reputation as one of the galaxy's most feared bounty hunters. He's stood up to Darth Vader and faced many other kinds of threats, but does this high tech character have what it takes to bring down our latest Character of the Month?
Yes, we all know Boba Fett is basically useless in the movies. He looks cool and then he gets demolished by a blind Han Solo. How can that stand up to Slade Wilson, right? Well, we're not using just movie Fett! In this battle, we're taking into account all of the bounty hunter's showings in the expanded universe, as well. If you're going to vote, please take those into consideration. Now, whether that'll be enough to bring down the mercenary from DC has yet to be determined, but you can play a part in picking the outcome! Go read the rules -- they give important details like where they're fighting and what not -- and then cast your vote when you've made up your mind.
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- Boba Fett has all of his standard gear. No vehicles, obviously.
- This is pre-52 Deathstroke and he also has his standard gear.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We'll have his Best Covers posted this Friday, too. Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.