Battle of the Week VOTING: Black Panther vs. Deathstroke

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week VOTING: Black Panther vs. Deathstroke (504 votes)

Black Panther 53%
Deathstroke 40%
Too close to call 7%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke, is our latest Character of the Month and it's his final week in the spotlight. The Terminator's had a good run -- we've shared his must read stories, best covers, and best battles -- but it'll soon be time for him to step aside and let another character receive all of the attention. However, before he waves goodbye, we're going to put him in one heck of a fight. Can Slade Wilson defeat T'Challa, a.k.a. Black Panther, or will his opponent from Marvel prevail? You have plenty of time to give this one some thought, so go read the rules and then cast your vote once you've made up your mind.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Black Panther: has his enhanced physicals (provided by the herb) and his traditional gear (vibranium micro weave, energy daggers, anti-metal claws, etc.).
  • To keep things as balanced as possible, Deathstroke has his New 52 gear and skill feats from pre-52 are applicable.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Want to suggest a match for an upcoming battle of the week? Tell us below or share it via twitter.

• 
patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@cable_extreme: *Stops mid way knowing damn well he can't hit the one above Batlord*

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: what feats are you referring to when you say he is noticeably more skilled than Slade?

I'll list them mate.

• Taking down the Wakandan Super Skrull that had "Luke Cage's Skin, Wolverine's Claws, Danny Rand's Iron Fist, and Bullseye's aim along with the fighting styles of Captain America, Moon Knight, Shang Chi, Daredevil, Elektra, and Black Panther himself."(quoting from someone else on page 2 here),
  • Outfighting Captain America who has also mastered several martial arts
  • Defeating his Uncle Syan who was not only enhanced by the Heart Shaped Herb but also had to be pretty skilled himself. There's a rigorous process for being the Black Panther and you have to beat the previous one to take the role so T'Challa was skilled enough to take on an enhanced foe when he was not enhanced himself.
  • Matching a bloodlusted Iron Fist for most of their fight in pure technical skill.
  • Incapacitating the 20 tonner Luke Cage with pressure points.

Stuff like that from Jashro's and the CBM respect thread did assist in my giving the edge to T'Challa.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@lvenger: I'm not sure about the first part. And defeating CA is something that Slade could do. And if you think that BP managed to beat a blood lusted Iron Fist based on pure skill, why was his armor destroyed? His armor allowed him to tank blows that hit with the force of freight trains. I'm not sure that was pure skill, but a mix of skill and armor blunt force durability.

The luke cage thing is pretty good, but I don't see how that makes him much more skilled, many people can do pressure points, including Deathstroke.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By reaverlation

@lvenger: I'm not sure about the first part. And defeating CA is something that Slade could do. And if you think that BP managed to beat a blood lusted Iron Fist based on pure skill, why was his armor destroyed? His armor allowed him to tank blows that hit with the force of freight trains. I'm not sure that was pure skill, but a mix of pure skill and armor blunt force durability.

The like cage thing is pretty good, but I don't see how that makes him much more skilled, many people can do pressure points, including Deathstroke.

Well Slade:

Handed Nightwing his as$

Mastered his training from Natas

Stalemate or beat Bronze Tiger while Slade wasn't 100%

Fight a teen titans group that had Nightwing, Ravager and Cassandra Cain

actually beat Batman

Stalemated Cassandra Cain

T'Challa is more skilled from what @lvenger said and mastering every martial art in the world but Slade is shown to be an excellent fighter and has fought some of New Earth's best fighters and won/stalemate them

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: I don't think it said he mastered every martial arts on earth, I think it said adept or something, but that doesn't matter since only applicability matters in a test of skill. He has more martial knowledge sure, but his applicable feats aren't anything that places him significantly above Slade.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anti metal claws are still too much.

I am switching back.

The healing properties of the armor are too slow to change the fight.

BP wins. Batman would still get stomped.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: He's still above Slade in skill is what I'm getting at.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: I disagree, his feats are usually due to his weaponry, and/or gear.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By jashro44

@lvenger: I'm not sure about the first part. And defeating CA is something that Slade could do. And if you think that BP managed to beat a blood lusted Iron Fist based on pure skill, why was his armor destroyed? His armor allowed him to tank blows that hit with the force of freight trains. I'm not sure that was pure skill, but a mix of skill and armor blunt force durability.

The luke cage thing is pretty good, but I don't see how that makes him much more skilled, many people can do pressure points, including Deathstroke.

The armor helped sure but getting tagged by iron fist isn't a bad thing. And prior to getting tagged he slipped a sonic device in iron fists ear so technically black panther could have killed him if he decided to just stab him with anti-metal claws or an energy dagger.

Thats not the only time he used pressure points and quite frankly black panther has shown a more diverse knowledge of pressure points. He made luke cages muscles seize up, he used sleep inducing pressure points on white wolf, and he has used pressure points on other occasions. The only time Slade ever used pressure points was by punching zatanna in the liver which made her throw up.

@reaverlation: I don't think it said he mastered every martial arts on earth, I think it said adept or something, but that doesn't matter since only applicability matters in a test of skill. He has more martial knowledge sure, but his applicable feats aren't anything that places him significantly above Slade.

The avengers ultimate guide confirms he's mastered every style of hand to hand fighting on the planet. This is backed up by T'challa stating he studied every fighting style on the planet in AVX.

No Caption Provided

@reaverlation: I disagree, his feats are usually due to his weaponry, and/or gear.

Black Panther only started using tech in 1998 and just like 3-4 years ago he was in hells kitchen without his tech and enhancements and was stomping lady bullseye.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By Wolverine008

Black Panther 7/10. Superior martial skill, faster, better equipment between his virbanium suit, anti metal claws, and energy daggers, all along with just as good, if not better durability due to the vibranium suit.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: stomping lady bullseye doesn't equate to being more skilled than DS.

I would also point out that while he could have killed iron fist at any time, it doesn't mean he is more skilled, he was hit by Iron Fist as well, many times, and it is his armor that kept him alive.

Mastering all martial arts on earth is an unquantifiable statement, nor is it applicable. Hell, captain America has done so as well, but people argue Batman being more skilled.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: stomping lady bullseye doesn't equate to being more skilled than DS.

Show me deathstroke beating anyone as skilled as lady bullseye without his enhancements.

I would also point out that while he could have killed iron fist at any time, it doesn't mean he is more skilled, he was hit by Iron Fist as well, many times, and it is his armor that kept him alive.

He got hit in the end after getting the better of iron fist until the end. Are you implying iron fist couldn't tag deathstroke if they fought hand to hand?

Captain america has one statement which is likely hyperbole and was like 50 years ago, thus being erased from continuity due to marvels sliding time scale. Black Panther has 2 statements both of which are within the last 10 years or so (one of them occurred within the last 2 years). Regardless I don't need to argue black panther is a better martial artist than batman I just need to argue he is a better martial artist than deathstroke which he is.

And how is it unquantifiable? Its pretty straight forward it states the exact number of styles black panther has trained in and mastered.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I disagree that he is better skilled than Slade, you can't equate the advantages Black Panther has with his gear as equal to Slade's enhancements. Yes Slade has enchancements that help him fight people, but that doesn't make him less skilled if he beats someone. Black Panther fighting someone with Vibranium armor and weapons that can basically cut through anything isn't exaclty showings of skill.

The comparison with lady Bullseye is kinda irrelevent in my honest opinion. I don't find her as skilled nor as physically impressive as black Panther (or Deathstroke). Even without his herb he blitzes people, and outmatches people physically.

But if you want something similar I can purpose this feat. The ravager is basically identicle to Slade accept she has a precog (that doesn't work on Slade) which puts them basically on an even playing field. She is able to keep up with Cassandra Cain while Cassandra uses her body reading. Cassandra, Nightwing, the ravager, the titans and more were getting bested by Slade. You cannot blame that on stats, especially when he was fighting 2 people with similar stats to his own. I'd say that is a bit better than beating lady bullseye without his enhancements.

NoAudio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Panther can also run down and wrestle a stampeding rhino and has even stopped an elephant with his hands

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I disagree that he is better skilled than Slade, you can't equate the advantages Black Panther has with his gear as equal to Slade's enhancements. Yes Slade has enchancements that help him fight people, but that doesn't make him less skilled if he beats someone. Black Panther fighting someone with Vibranium armor and weapons that can basically cut through anything isn't exaclty showings of skill.

Again Black Panthers vibranium suit and tech wasn't even standard gear until 1998, and even then he went without his vibranium suit and enhancements recently, so T'challa has proven himself without his tech and enhancements. Same cannot be said for Slade. So many of his fights don't even involve the vibranium suit. And the one fight that did was against a guy that hits with the force of a freight train, so there is no harm in needing the suit against someone like iron fist. He never used his weapons against Danny either.

And Deathstroke has had his promethium armor (sans new 52) in every single fight since his creation so lets not act like black panther is the only one without armor. Sure it may not be as good as black panthers, but he has few fights without his promethium armor unlike deathstroke.

The comparison with lady Bullseye is kinda irrelevent in my honest opinion. I don't find her as skilled nor as physically impressive as black Panther (or Deathstroke). Even without his herb he blitzes people, and outmatches people physically.

Except he never blitzed lady bullseye. And sure she may not be a top tier fighter but she does have feats of her own. She beat black widow recently, and if you compare how she did against elektra vs how she did against black panther, black panther did much better. Yes Elektra did beat lady bullseye but she acknowledged lady bullseyes skills and also got some hits in on elektra where as black panther was handling lady bullseye effortlessly.

Meaning based on fights without his enhancements we can say black panther is better than elektra. Slade on the other hand doesn't even have showings without his enhancements.

But if you want something similar I can purpose this feat. The ravager is basically identicle to Slade accept she has a precog (that doesn't work on Slade) which puts them basically on an even playing field. She is able to keep up with Cassandra Cain while Cassandra uses her body reading. Cassandra, Nightwing, the ravager, the titans and more were getting bested by Slade. You cannot blame that on stats, especially when he was fighting 2 people with similar stats to his own. I'd say that is a bit better than beating lady bullseye without his enhancements.

During the exact same fight Slade said he was getting inside their heads and throwing them off balance. He also said he would keep nightwing talking and keep him distracted.

He was also using their numbers against them, and basically tossing other titans at each other, he cut cyborgs arm and hit the other titans with cyborgs cannon, etc. An observation which some users have made is Slade seems to do better against multiple opponents than he does in one on one fights.

I find black panthers one on one martial arts fights to be more impressive.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The debate is in its last stages. @cable_extreme is the only major viner still keeping the Deathstroke faith.

Good luck to you, sir.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#217 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Except he never blitzed lady bullseye. And sure she may not be a top tier fighter but she does have feats of her own. She beat black widow recently, and if you compare how she did against elektra vs how she did against black panther, black panther did much better. Yes Elektra did beat lady bullseye but she acknowledged lady bullseyes skills and also got some hits in on elektra where as black panther was handling lady bullseye effortlessly.

Meaning based on fights without his enhancements we can say black panther is better than elektra. Slade on the other hand doesn't even have showings without his enhancements.

I'm going to slightly disagree with your take on his fights with Lady Bullseye. I know we differ on his first fight with her when they had their Spider-Island powers; I'm assuming that's the one you're referring to when you say he blitzed her and stomped her and handled her easily. I'd say she did better than that but for the sake of argument let's just say I agree on that fight. In their next real fight, however (not counting the brief scene in the hospital where they didn't really fight)--the one with Luke Cage,Falcon, Typhoid Mary, and tons of Hand--I think she did pretty well against him; the fight between them lasts several pages and numerous punches and kicks and dodges from both combatants, with neither significantly hurt. She eventually makes a tactical retreat when it's clear Panther's team has the overall advantage. Point being that he could arguably be said to have beaten her the first time, but in the rematch she held her own. And in that rematch, I would say that he did not do all that much better against her than Elektra did. However, I would at the same time agree with your overall point that Black Panther is a better fighter than Lady Bullseye overall. (In fact, his one-shotting of Typhoid Mary in that same fight was a nice feat.)

BP also more or less fought to a draw against Kingpin a couple times around that point. Kingpin does often do well against DD etc., but still I felt like it was less than what I expected from BP. It is arguable that Panther let Kingpin do so well against him so as to position Kingpin for a longer-term strategic loss. But my overall feeling was that they were kind of equally matched. So Panther has had some lows along with his highs.

But in any case I think BP's matches against Cap, Karnak, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Kraven, and others put him at a very high skill level, one of the very highest in Marvel, and probably slightly above Deathstroke.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By jashro44

@owie: i'm going to upload the scans. I know you've seen them but its mostly for the others. I think we may just see things differently or disagree on what a stomp is, I'll upload the scans and let others decide what to think, I'll also summarize the fight and if you think I got anything wrong feel free to correct me (I'm tired at the moment):

Throughout the fight Lady bullseye doesn't get a single hit in-with the exception of a chop to the face but it doesn't seem to faze black panther at all for some reason-On other hand T'challa got multiple hits. After they fell out of the window he kicks lady bullseye in the throat while injecting Typhoid Mary with a needle, after Typhoid Mary is down they tackle and Panther pins her down, She throws him off, he gets another kick in, she tosses some ninja stars which he avoids (one seems to skim his wrist but even still), she swings her sword and he elbows her in the head. He then goes off to fight some hand ninjas (and catches an arrow without looking), and then she swings her swords again and he ducks(?[thats what it looks like to me at least but its hard to tell])

So I would say that black panther dominated the fight since he landed many hits in and she didn't really get any (and the one strike she did get wasn't exactly meaningful).

Now as for the elektra fight the reason I bring that up:

Now the first page has Elektra state only a few people on the planet can beat lady bullseye (so she clearly thinks highly of her), We see Elektra deflect lady bullseyes ninjas stars, We then see lady bullseye parry elektras strike, and than we see lady bullseye cut her arm (and drawing first blood), Lady Bullseye than dodges a knee from Elektra, And than Lady bullseye seems to get a solid elbow in. Elektra than says Lady Bullseye is better than she hoped she would be. We see them parry, block and dodge for 5 panels before Elektra stabs Lady Bullseye.

So all though they both won their fights I would say T'challa did better. Lady Bullseye didn't get in as many meaningful hits (she drew blood from Elektra), And T'challa got more hits in than Elektra did, and he avoided more strikes IMO.

In regards to the kingpin fight (I don't want to upload scans because I feel if I did they would get taken out of context, but the issue is blakc panther man without fear 528), I do think T'challa was just stalling. In the first fight T'challa states:

"You know my reputation as a strategist so you must know why I've come here? How this fight serves my purpose? Now that tempers have cooled you have probably suspected that I wished to distract you. Thank you for making it so easy."

I don't think the first fight really means anything IMO since black panther was just trying to distract kingpin as you said. I don't think that was a fight where black panther was giving it his all. I guess you can argue he shouldn't have let himself get tagged by kingpin but considering kingpin nearly beat captain america, and has given daredevil some decent fights thats not a bad showing IMO in that context. I think he wanted kingpin to know he was the better strategist which is why he planted the device on him and all that. As for the second fight I don't think T'challa did so bad:

I agree that they were some what even but I think I can argue that black panther was better. Kingpin tossed him through a wall, black panther slammed a weight in his face, He then kicked kingpin back who tossed a weight bar at him which black panther dodged. Granted they never finished but black panther seems to have the upper hand.

Also with all due respect (I do think you are a pretty good debater, you definitely know what your talking about), I'm not sure entirely sure why you brought up kingpin? I wasn't trying to lowball lady bullseye, I was just bringing up a feat for black panther that I feel makes him more skilled than deathstroke. IMO the fight with lady bullseye shows that Black Panther isn't reliant on his enhancements, and does have feats of fighting people without them. I consider one of his best feats in raw martial arts since it was against someone with actual feats, and he didn't have his enhancements at the time. Even if you don't agree black panther stomped lady bullseye I don't see why kingpin should be brought up personally.

I'm not saying black panther is perfect--he's not--I'm just saying he is more skilled than deathstroke. Yes he does have his not so great showings but so does deathstroke. Like in deathstroke the terminator #34 he lost to his ex wife's husband, in a sword fight. Now normally losing to an unestablished character wouldn't be a bad thing, but before Slade lost the guy (I forget his name) said that all though Slade is faster and stronger, he's a grand master which is why he beat Slade. Its another showing which shows that Slade relies on his enhancements. Just like black panther against kingpin its not necessarily a bad showing (since he wasn't really established) but its not necessarily a great showing and it does work against Slade.

I don't think black panthers showings against kingpin work against him because even if you do feel black panther should have done better, Slade hasn't fought someone like kingpin without his enhancements so there isn't really a comparison. Look at what we know I think black panthers time in hell's kitchen proves he's a capable fighter without his enhancements, and he is better than Slade. I'm not saying Slade wouldn't be a capable fighter without his enhancements, but all we can do is speculate based on what he does with his enhancements. With black panther we can both speculate on how he did with his enhancements, but we also have useable feats and IMO that makes a huge difference.

Now I know you did say that Black Panther is more skilled than Slade, but my main point is that all though black panther does have some not great showings the same is true for deathstroke.

Sorry if there are typo's but I'm really tired right now. And sorry this reply is longer than I meant it to be....Really sorry about that.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Super_Buck

@senglord said:

The debate is in its last stages. @cable_extreme is the only major viner still keeping the Deathstroke faith.

Good luck to you, sir.

Its not going to well to be honest, but I think all Deathstroke fans appreciate the effort.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: T'Challa stated that the Skrull was using all the fighting styles listed. Given that he knows or has fought most of these characters coupled with knowing every fighting style on Earth, I think that confirms that the Skrull could copy such fighting styles and abilities.

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#222  Edited By SnowyMountain

Oooh. This would definitely be one Hell of a match. The problem is that I truly believe that the pair have advantages and disadvantages over the other. Deathstroke naturally has the advantage when it comes to long range with his arsenal of weaponry while Black Panther would probably come up nearly his equal at hand to hand ranges. Both are adept in hand to hand combat and while Deathstroke might be physically superior to Black Panther, I think he would not be able to fully overcome Panther's speed and quickness. Unlike the previous week's opponent, Taskmaster (whom I voted at losing by the way) would only be at the peak of human capability as a top level athlete; Panther is most definitely beyond that level and is probably close to Captain America himself. In addition, most of Panther's weapons such as his claws and energy daggers are designed for close quarters combat--which is why I think he would hold a slight edge over Deathstroke in that particular arena.

In addition despite the New-52 Deathstroke in his suit of Nth Metal, I'm not sure that he would be able to overcome the protection of Black Panther's vibranium-mesh outfit while Panther's daggers and anti-metal claws might be able to actually bypass Deathstroke's armor.

Not to mention that both of these individuals are highly trained and skilled tacticians and strategists; in fact that I suspect that the Panther would actually edge out Deathstroke in that area as well.

Both of them are too evenly deadlocked, unable to overwhelm or overcome the other. They will immediately understand that Deathstroke has the advantage at range which the Panther will deny him the opportunity to take the maximum advantage of. While the Panther is just too dangerous at close quarters for Deathstroke to defeat. Afterwards, I think both men will take a step back and take a breath and realize "the fight is too evenly matched, there's no real point to fighting it out here today in what may result in a stalemate."

The Panther will realize that by walking away, he can limit potential property damage or loss of life. Deathstroke is a consummate professional and pros know when it's time to walk away as well. They will decide that they gained some valuable intelligence about the other and devise some sort of plan to counteract the other's advantages at a later date. Neither side really wins here, but neither really loses.

RESULT: STALEMATE!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@lvenger: but if Black Panther knew all the fighting martial arts on earth, why would skrull have an advantage there?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: but if Black Panther knew all the fighting martial arts on earth, why would skrull have an advantage there?

Because the Super Skrull had class 25 strength, Luke Cage's unbreakable skin, Iron Fist's Chi and a whole host of other abilities all along with T'Challa's skill opposed to T'Challa whom had just the skill.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#225  Edited By darktiger

I kinda agree with Cable the skill Gap between panther in deathstroke is not even a slight gap for panther

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: No he wouldn't.

look at the poll its 2 to 1 bp thats saying something ....teen titans ..especially the new 52 group never faced anyone on bp's level with his level of resources plus his tactical intelligence and genius .......he's often underestimated but not often defeated ...seriously he's on a whole other level ..did you see him defeat multiple super skrulls secret invasion or battle doctor doom in his own title a few years ago? ,,,he's in the illuminati which shows how respected he is by some major players in the marvel 616 universe ...black panther would rock the teen titans ...deathstroke loses this one too

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: then how did he win?

T'Challa's tactical ability allowed him to avoid having to outfight the Skrull on it's own terms and expose it's fighting weaknesses. Have you actually read the fight in question?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@wolverine08: I said I haven't, which is why I am asking you. A problem arises from what I have been told so far, if Skrull had his skill, and a host of other advantages, BP really has no way to beat that unless some sort of plot or prep allowed him to do so. If he simply out skilled Skrull, then Skrull didn't truly have BP's skill. I'm kinda confused with what is trying to be argued.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I added some stuff to the post if you wanna check out why I am confused.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: I added some stuff to the post if you wanna check out why I am confused.

Post #228 already answers your question. Black Panther used his tactical ability to deduce weaknesses in the Skrull's fighting form, "tells" he called them, so he didn't have to simply try outfight him.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saying without Black Panthers armor he wouldn't be doing alot of the stuff he does just being honest I mean defeating Iron Fist come on and He definitely doesn't beat deathstroke in skill if anything, he wins off of via vibration armor, and metal claws

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its very close.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saying without Black Panthers armor he wouldn't be doing alot of the stuff he does just being honest I mean defeating Iron Fist come on and He definitely doesn't beat deathstroke in skill if anything, he wins off of via vibration armor, and metal claws

I agree alot with this. Black Panther's many feats rely heavily on his armor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By jashro44

@nickthedevil said:

@darktiger said:

Again black panther never got his vibranium armor until 1998 and he gave it up in 2011. So this isn't true.

The only martial arts fight he needed his vibranium armor was against iron fist. And considering Danny's skill level and striking power thats not a bad a thing. And even then I'd argue black panther had the upper hand until the end.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By nickthedevil

@jashro44 said:

@nickthedevil said:

@darktiger said:

Again black panther never got his vibranium armor until 1998 and he gave it up in 2011. So this isn't true.

The only fight he needed his vibranium armor was against iron fist. And considering Danny's skill level and striking power thats not a bad a thing.

When he tanked the pheonix force blast, he did that all by himself?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By jashro44

@nickthedevil: Possibly. It hasn't been confirmed current black panther has his vibranium suit. I'm assuming he doesn't have it until it gets confirmed if he does still wear his vibranium suit. All we know is his current costume is insulated to electrical attacks.

For the record I don't really take the feat with phoenix namor too seriously.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saying that the armor basically is too durable for deathstroke to do damage too unless if I'm not mistaken if deathstroke Prometheus staff can do something to Bp. Thus Bp's impeccable defense plus anti-metal claws gives him a slight offensive and defensive advantage against deathstroke. Therefore, granting him the win, but I certainly do not agree with Black Panther being the better hand to hand combatant then deathstroke even after you've presented these somewhat impressive feats.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saying that the armor basically is too durable for deathstroke to do damage too unless if I'm not mistaken if deathstroke Prometheus staff can do something to Bp. Thus Bp's impeccable defense plus anti-metal claws gives him a slight offensive and defensive advantage against deathstroke. Therefore, granting him the win, but I certainly do not agree with Black Panther being the better hand to hand combatant then deathstroke even after you've presented these somewhat impressive feats.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist knows martial arts from K'Un L'Un which includes some non Earth bound martial arts. Plus Wolverine knows alien fighting styles as well. And the Skrull had access to both their fighting styles according to Panther's move reading.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: so then why would that be a skill feat rather than a showing if his tactical prowess?

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It still has yet to be proven that black panther holds the skill edge over deathstroke imo

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The suit can be cut by slashing along the grain.

It still has yet to be proven that black panther holds the skill edge over deathstroke imo

You haven't given a reason why Slade is more skilled.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not saying he is but I know bp is not more skilled then him

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @darktiger: basically, Darktigers point is that he is saying the majority of the feats used for BP skill feats often involve his weaponry and vibranium weave armor, which a good portion actually does. His more impressive feats fall under that category since it allows him to withstand an immense amount of punishment, while dishing out damage from a weapon that can cut adamantium. Basically, he is skilled but a lot of the feats used thus far have been greatly effected by his gear.

Such as saying he can fight toe to toe with a blood lusted Iron Fist due to his skill, when in reality, his armor prevented him from being killed.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@darktiger: What skill-based feat does Slade have that T'Challa couldn't do?

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you @Cable_Extreme and @Night4345 I'm saying I haven't seen anything that would put bps skill above deathstroke and I'm also saying if we go off of physicals deathsteoke has got black panther beat especially with the Nth metal advancing his physical capabilities