*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*
As our latest Character of the Month, Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. that really popular DC hero you might have heard of, will have his abilities put to the test in weekly battles against characters he's never met before. According to the voters, he has what it takes to bring down the current incarnations of Star-Lord and Shredder, but what about Danny Rand, a.k.a. Iron Fist? We've seen Viners suggesting Rand vs. Bruce for several months now, so why not give the people what they want?
To make sure the fight is as balanced as possible, we've increased the starting distance and yes, you can use pre-New 52 feats for Batman. Will that be enough for him to defeat the Living Weapon or will a glowing fist knock Batman square in his face? Check out the rules, give it some proper thought and then cast your vote!
- Combatants are in character (morals apply).
- This is a random encounter (no prep for either side).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. There's a good amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- This is New 52 Batman (he has his standard New 52 attire/gear), however, pre-52 combat feats can be used in the debate.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- Viner Arguments for both characters ().
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Want to suggest a match for an upcoming battle of the week for the Dark Knight? Tell us below or share it via twitter.