• 105 results
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jashro44

Poll Battle Of The Week: Shredder VS Bane (95 votes)

Shredder 60%
Bane 32%
To Close To Call 8%
No Caption Provided

For this week's battle of the week we have the most iconic villain of the turtles against the man who broke the bat! We have Shredder VS Bane! Who will come out on top? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is Post crisis/pre-flashpoint Bane.
  • This is IDW Shredder.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. Bane does not begin on venom but can use knightfall levels of venom if he chooses to.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 150 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads!

• 
Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Man this a though one. My biases tell me Bane will win but I think it's too close to call.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

which versions?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 HigorM  Moderator

@g2_: Versions are stipulated in the OP.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. If you don't mind could you provide me with a few?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacthripper

I'd like to see some IDW Shredder Feats, since I haven't gotten to that yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like if it was New-52 Bane he would win, but IDW Shredder should beat pre-52 Bane

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

Fine. I'll play Devil's advocate and say this could go both ways. I'll get an argument up when I can.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Shredder, if he can handle 4 turtles at a time, then he can handle Bane.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Voted for Shredder, rooting for Bane

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Shredder is as imposing as everyone is making him sound then maybe it should be composite Pre/New 52 Bane

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@jashro44: Yeah I've seen that already. It's a little over 2 years old, and based of some of the pro-Shredder comments here it seems like he has done a lot more to secure him a victory here. I'll wait to see what others say. Based on what I know, Bane seems to have the obvious blunt force durability/damage soak and strength advantage. Other than that, I can't comment much on why Shredder would lose or win. I would like to see more of his reflex and agility feats.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*waits for god_spawn to drop a knowledge bomb*

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane gets shredded.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too close to call, tbh

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder.

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

@khael said:

Too close to call, tbh

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like if it was New-52 Bane he would win, but IDW Shredder should beat pre-52 Bane

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tparks

Pretty sure we are going to see Shredder win this fight in three weeks in the crossover. I can't see the crossover having Bane winning, it's going to establish Shredder as someone who can beat Batman before their fight at the end of the series, by having him beat Bane in their meeting next month. It will make for a more exciting conclusion to the series. It would be kind of lame if Shredder loses, because then there would be no doubt that Batman could beat him, but that's not at all what the story is trying to show us right now.

Leo's already commented that he's never seen a fighter on Batman's level besides Shredder, but Shredder is more ruthless. Seeing as how Batman can take Bane basically every fight without plot being involved, I would think the same should be said for Shredder, who can physically do everything Batman does, but also uses lethal force.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Pretty sure we are going to see Shredder win this fight in three weeks in the crossover. I can't see the crossover having Bane winning, it's going to establish Shredder as someone who can beat Batman before their fight at the end of the series, by having him beat Bane in their meeting next month. It will make for a more exciting conclusion to the series. It would be kind of lame if Shredder loses, because then there would be no doubt that Batman could beat him, but that's not at all what the story is trying to show us right now.

Leo's already commented that he's never seen a fighter on Batman's level besides Shredder, but Shredder is more ruthless. Seeing as how Batman can take Bane basically every fight without plot being involved, I would think the same should be said for Shredder, who can physically do everything Batman does, but also uses lethal force.

Knowing the DC bias, I would not be surprise that Bane beats Shredder, and then Batman has to save the turtles from Bane ;)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Knowing the DC bias, I would not be surprise that Bane beats Shredder, and then Batman has to save the turtles from Bane ;)

I hear rumours the writer of the crossover is a huge fan of Bane so you never know :p

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@tparks said:

I hear rumours the writer of the crossover is a huge fan of Bane so you never know :p

No... no... it was just a joke!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: @jashro44:

Preview for next month's issue:

Bane solos Shredder, the turtles, the mirage turtles, splinter, the live action turtles who had a musical tour and went on Oprah, Oprah, and the pizza delivery man. Deal with it fanboys.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the only reason why Shredder wins is due to his weaponry.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helixflameyt: Shredder is more skilled as well, being 500 years old and soloing 1000s of samurai will do that to you.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helixflameyt: Shredder is more skilled as well, being 500 years old and soloing 1000s of samurai will do that to you.

Banes strength/durability could probably cancel his skill out in raw H2H (No weapons what so ever).

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the crossover non-canon? Why is that being cited? I also don't agree with the idea of equating Shredder to Batman.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the crossover non-canon? Why is that being cited? I also don't agree with the idea of equating Shredder to Batman.

I disagree with Batman beating Shiva, or lasting a second vs Karate Kid, but it happens.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Both of those had context and what exactly does that have to do with anything? Without the crossover we have no citation for Shredder being Batman level.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Both of those had context and what exactly does that have to do with anything? Without the crossover we have no citation for Shredder being Batman level.

None at all, though didnt a writer stated Shredder was? I think like Snake eyes a writer statement tried to assure us Shredder and Splinter be near Batman in skill when asked.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

None at all, though didnt a writer stated Shredder was? I think like Snake eyes a writer statement tried to assure us Shredder and Splinter be near Batman in skill when asked.

Chuck Dixon who wrote both snake eyes and batman said there about equal in skill, I don't think he said anything about shredder and splinter.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Patera_All
@tparks said:

@sirfizzwhizz: @jashro44:

Preview for next month's issue:

Bane solos Shredder, the turtles, the mirage turtles, splinter, the live action turtles who had a musical tour and went on Oprah, Oprah, and the pizza delivery man. Deal with it fanboys.

"Lets take the NINJA!!! turtles and make them pacifists" my 10-yr old self was outraged.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armor made of slashing/piercing weapons vs. unarmored and unarmed kinda tilts this in Shredders favor IMO. I mean, Bane has to hit a lot harder, and be a lot more careful in order to actually do some damage AND come out uninjured himself. Plus Bane does mostly crushing/bludgeoning damage, which metal armor is designed to blunt, and that type of damage is harder to cause somebody to bleed out from.

I'd side with the armored ninja for a vast majority.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@highaccuser said:

Chuck Dixon who wrote both snake eyes and batman said there about equal in skill, I don't think he said anything about shredder and splinter.

Did Dixon write anything for TMNT IDW?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I don't think so. I could be wrong.

Ah, I still cannot find the statement itself, but the statement in question is credited to TMNT artist Mateus Santolouco, who stated along the lines he feels Master Splinter is comparable to Batman in the early part of the IDW comics, and he also worked on New 52 projects.

So take it as one would. I think by feats Shredder and Splinter are Batman level considering what they do with no tech or gear unlike Batman, that is just me though.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: It hasn't been stated anywhere as non-canon. Its being written similar to some of the other micro-series and crossovers that are canon, like TMNT/Ghostbusters, Infestation 2, and Turtles in Time. It's obviously not happening with the current storyline, but it could be an untold story from the past, just like the other micro-series I mentioned above are. It probably is soft-canon, where the writers will never confirm or deny that it happened, and will never write anything in the main books of Batman or TMNT to prove it one way or the other, just like most branching off mini-series of comics are done, since it would be too much of a mess with the main story. DC has even said that this is how they plan on writing from now on, and not worry about continuity as much as having good stories, and IDW Turtles have yet to have anything non-canon with their version of the turtles, so if I had to lean one way or the other, I'd say it's canon.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I don't think so. I could be wrong.

Ah, I still cannot find the statement itself, but the statement in question is credited to TMNT artist Mateus Santolouco, who stated along the lines he feels Master Splinter is comparable to Batman in the early part of the IDW comics, and he also worked on New 52 projects.

So take it as one would. I think by feats Shredder and Splinter are Batman level considering what they do with no tech or gear unlike Batman, that is just me though.

Using Gear/Tech should never be counted against a character in terms of ability. If someone wins a fight because they are better armed/armored, that's a good showing for that character and their abilities. If someone loses because of their lack of armor and weapons...well, that's not a good showing for that character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tparks

@jashro44: @sirfizzwhizz: Santaluco was the one who said Splinter and Shredder are on the same level of skill as Batman way back in the early years of the IDW series.

Some people have trouble with that, saying that because he never wrote Batman that his word doesn't mean anything. I find it hard to believe that anyone involved with comics hasn't read at least a bazillion Batman books, and the fact that we analyze Batman on the reg here in the battle forums even though I'm pretty sure none of us have written any Batman books recently, that his statement isn't completely bull poop like some write it off as.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jashro44

@tparks said:

@jashro44: @sirfizzwhizz: Santaluco was the one who said Splinter and Shredder are on the same level of skill as Batman way back in the early years of the IDW series.

Some people have trouble with that, saying that because he never wrote Batman that his word doesn't mean anything. I find it hard to believe that anyone involved with comics hasn't read at least a bazillion Batman books, and the fact that we analyze Batman on the reg here in the battle forums even though I'm pretty sure none of us have written any Batman books recently, that his statement isn't completely bull poop like some write it off as.

Well I wouldn't dismiss his opinion I think it should be taken with a grain of salt. It is a pretty subjective statement and it is just his opinion. Someone like Chuck Dixon stating someone is equals with batman holds a lot more weight IMO since Chuck Dixon is like the grand father of post crisis batman.....

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jashro44 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@tparks said:

Tynion wrote Bane in his Talon book. I'm not sure if he's a huge fan but his Bane had the most imposing personality I've seen that character display since 1999. He didn't do much feat wise but that's pretty much because Tynion built him to be a threat that couldn't be bested in a direct encounter.

Either way 2 Bat villains have already taken an L in this crossover and I expect many more to go the same way,so it'd be nice if Bane actually dishes out more than what Shredder can chew.

Though has it bee confirmed yet? I personally just assumed based on the mercs that got owned and the deadly alliance mentioned in the solicits.