• 148 results
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hiddenlight:

"who would win against who", they mostly don't care.

It is the complete opposite, writers are extremely careful when they have 2 heroes fight. Superheroes fight all the time but unless there is a clear power difference (Hulk VS Spiderman) writers will either end the fight before a winner is shown (Cyclops VS Wolverine) or add in a factor to invalidate it (one of them was weakened), all are vastly more common than a straight up wins because writers know people care about this stuff.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Pit him against Adam Warlock! or Cap'n Marvel!

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By amseaton

@k4tzm4n Thanks for showcasing one of my comments, despite the grammatical/spelling errors. Viners are clamoring for who they think GL (John Stewart) should face next, and all those suggestions are great. However, I would love to see John fight someone unique and capable. For example, I think John should possible face (in random order):

• Techjacket - Wielder of Skybound's "most powerful weapons in the universe."
  • Dr. Doom - With no prior knowledge of each other how could Doom properly prep... Yet I feel that his genius, tech, and sorcery would make for an interesting debate.
  • Annihilus - A major power player in cosmic Marvel. His Cosmic control rod and command over the Annihilation wave would make for an interesting opponent for the Corps.
  • Armory (Violet Lightner) - Armory wields the Tactigon that lets her only get the weapons and power she needs to get the job done. However, she doesn't have the experience or feats to win in a poll or be debated.
  • Vulcan - He is OP for a battle with a single GL, so don't use him unless you want a lot of "spite" comments.
  • Trauma - an empath has the ability to sense peoples fear, and shapeshift into that form. Let's see if John has really conquered fear.
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Pit him against Adam Warlock! or Cap'n Marvel!

would be such a stomp fest i would feel bad for John

Avatar image for superduperman9347215
Superduperman9347215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Same here. Ronan has solo'd the Avengers on his own. There's no way any Green Lantern can beat him on their own.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106  Edited By Zeeguy91

@captain13 said:

John is very popular, actually.

CBR

No Caption Provided

CBR

No Caption Provided

IGN

No Caption Provided

Superhero Report

No Caption Provided

Among other examples.

I never said he wasn't. But he's not as popular as some of his fans think. You have your examples, I have mine:

CBR:

No Caption Provided

Comicvine:

No Caption Provided

????:

No Caption Provided

Deviantart:

No Caption Provided

Fanpop:

No Caption Provided

Quibblo:

No Caption Provided

So, despite what John Stewart fans WANT to think, John isn't the "peoples' choice".

In some related movie news:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02/10/you-won-t-believe-this-guy-is-playing-green-lantern-hal-jordan-in-the-dc-cinematic-universe-2680250?lt_source=external,manual

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@desh said:

Can we just accept that John Stewart is a popular character that people like? Is that really so hard for us to wrap our heads around? I mean, the guy has been on television in a highly acclaimed show for years. That kinda' makes a difference, you know?

Desh, you're living in the past again. John is not currently on any show. The show you're talking about ended a decade ago and has barely been seen since then. Not all of us rewatch the episodes religiously on Youtube.

Desh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Desh

@zeeguy91: This campaign you have against John Stewart and his fans is ridiculous, laughable, and probably unhealthy. All it does it get you banned from forums and make you look silly when John keeps winning these polls right in your face.

Also... "drone pilot"? Seriously!? Are Hal Jordan fans that desperate now to where they think total random extras are secretly Hal Jordan!?!? It's interesting that no credible actor or official has mentioned anything about Hal Jordan in the DCCU, yet, we have numerous things like this for John Stewart:

http://batman-news.com/2015/01/28/tyrese-just-land-green-lantern-meeting-warner-bros/

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illmatic4177: Oh yeah Mr. Sarcastic, i am certainly aware of all this being fictional, but it doesn't make the concept any less real. Discrimination, bias, prejudice, bigotry and racism comes in all forms, including fictional stories for the masses to read to brainwash people into thinking along the lines of the establishment based status quo. I am the way i am because when John Stewart threatened Hal Jordan's spotlight after Justice League and was riding high in momentum, Geoff Johns wanted the public to know that there is only one GL and it is Hal and everyone else is just his background dancers. I became a GL corps fan because of its diversity, not to be force fed yet another caucasian hero in a comic world filled with 90+ %. My end game is for John Stewarr to appear on big screen, then justice will be served.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: Had a half a mind before posting that. Would be interesting regarding the feats they supply about Stewart.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Zeeguy91

@desh said:

@zeeguy91: This campaign you have against John Stewart and his fans is ridiculous, laughable, and probably unhealthy. All it does it get you banned from forums and make you look silly when John keeps winning these polls right in your face.

Also... "drone pilot"? Seriously!? Are Hal Jordan fans that desperate now to where they think total random extras are secretly Hal Jordan!?!? It's interesting that no credible actor or official has mentioned anything about Hal Jordan in the DCCU, yet, we have numerous things like this for John Stewart:

http://batman-news.com/2015/01/28/tyrese-just-land-green-lantern-meeting-warner-bros/

Can't you say the same for your campaign against Hal Jordan and his fans??? Every time I ever see Hal Jordan even mentioned, you jump to put him down. By the way, my CBR ban ends tomorrow. But I'm not coming back to that site. Its gotten way too heavy on the censorship.

Also, I fail to see how how a simple picture of the outside of the WB studio is actually EVIDENCE that he's landed anything. Also, Tyrese Gibson?? Could you have picked more of a relic? The guy's probably trying to get WB to give him ANY role, not even necessarily John Stewart. He hasn't really stood out in anything since the 90s.

I recently posted an article about how BRADLEY COOPER was at the top of WB's choices for playing Hal Jordan. Cooper had actually even auditioned for the role back in '09 and now WB is looking at him quite heavily, given that he's just received his third consecutive Oscar nod. I'm pretty sure that, at least today, Bradley Cooper >>>>>>>>>>>> Tyrese Gibson.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2015/01/24/bradley-cooper-tops-green-lantern-casting-options/

http://www.inquisitr.com/1785167/bradley-cooper-leads-casting-race-to-play-new-green-lantern-in-dc-movie-universe/

There's a big difference between having an actor mention that he WANTS to play a role (or any role, actually) and having sites mention an actor is actually being considered by the studio. But even if it ends up being this drone pilot, I wouldn’t mind. He seems to have the talent and the looks.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos or Mad God Genis for the next

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Kree should've won this, but it's a popularity contest not a real battle.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ronan the accuser have what it takes to defeat this guy. he is an insanely durable character in my opinion. well, good always triumph. lol

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: Let's get something straight here. I can and will call out whomever and whenever i deem it necessary. 2nd i am sensitive when it comes down to matters of John Stewart because of the lack of respect and all out disrespect that he receives and for others thinking that he's a no name lantern with no fans. Meanwhile those same people have no clue how much social media conversations is going on about him being in the cinematic universe. 3rd it would seem that i have over reacted on your intent, i perceived and interpreted some of your posts as hostile towards John, and for that i will issue you an apology. 4th and last part of my statement, i will not rest until John Stewart appears on the big screen and shows the world how relevant he truly is.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: In response to your perspective, while a legit argument could be made that executive decisions are made as it relates to sales and marketing, when certain characters have their comics discontinued or a character gets killed off. That strategy would make sense for the sake of lack of sales or a change in the storyline, however in the case of John Stewert, his rise to super stardom was halted by Geoff Johns because it would interfere with Hal Jordan's progression as being the one he endorsed. So for Geoff Johns the concept was simple, create a muslim black dude that no one would give two rats assess about him (Simon Baz) and depict him sporting hand guns. What GL actually needs guns? Then Geoff Johns promoted and endorsed Cyborg from the Teen Titans onto the JL so that the token black guy quota was fulfilled. So the bases were covered, a black guy on the JL team as nothing more than a background character and a black earth GL who will never gain popularity and will pose as no threat to Hal Jordan's spotlight. All that's left is to kill off a major threat in John Stewart. No, killing him isn't a part of the storyline, once John Stewart is dead, not even the Black or White lantern corps. would ressurrect him. Thus Geoff Johns' plan would've been flawless. Now while WB studios has been following the N52 lineup, one thing is certain, the GL movie cost WB millions and the last thing they want is another financial disaster, therfore where the line is drawn in the sand. While Geoff Johns is steadily advocating for the return of Hal Jordan in film, the WB studios has another answer in mind...another lantern in mind....unlike other heroes where they are singular, the Green Lanterns are plural and don't have to always be Hal. That's my argument, that's my point, and i will not rest until justice is served by John Stewart being selected in the cinematic universe. That's the endgame for John Stewart fans, this is why we have taken over Feb 2015. Wherever John Stewart's name goes, we will follow. Unfortunately for those who didn't support his win as COTM, his name appeared on comicvine.

Desh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Desh

@zeeguy91: Bradley Cooper is not a choice for Green Lantern now (if he was, you would see the internet blow up with the news). What you read is someone's opinion on who should play Green Lantern. Someone who has absolutely nothing to do with making any decision whatsoever on who will play Green Lantern.

And yes, the point of Tyrese Gibson's post was to lead people to believe that he discussed with WB about playing Green Lantern. Whether he did or not remains to be seen, but it's a hell of a lot more to go on than... "Drone pilot." The fact that Idris Elba, Chadwick Boseman, and Dwayne Johnson have endorsed or expressed interest in playing the character adds more weight to WB looking for a John Stewart. A lot more than... "Drone pilot."

And as for me, I honestly wouldn't even bother posting in discussions about Hal Jordan being character of the month. So no, anything I do isn't comparable to what you do. I may have my opinions, but I don't go out of my way to constantly rain on people's parade. What you do is just childish, spiteful, and obsessive. You seem to have a problem with people rooting for John, liking John, and with John winning anything. I don't care for the Hal Jordan character, but that's as far as I take it. You seem to have a personal vendetta with John Stewart's fans and whine whenever he succeeds at anything, while throwing around empty accusations of skulduggery.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagl: Not trying to be rude or anything, but reading your posts, you look like one of those religious fanatics.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandinejd_1991: Cap happens to be my fav Marvel character. I could relate to his principles and someone who comes from Brooklyn also like myself. Cap represents the USA and i was born on the most celebrated USA holiday of the year, for thoae who don't know...i'm talkin about Independence Day. So yeah count me in the next time that he's nominated.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Na, hardly. i just have a problem with injustice, and whereever there's an injustice, i get fired up. Now if you have an injustice that you deem worth advocating for, send me a message debriefing me of said claim and i'll have your back too.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagl said:

@randomsid: Na, hardly. i just have a problem with injustice, and whereever there's an injustice, i get fired up. Now if you have an injustice that you deem worth advocating for, send me a message debriefing me of said claim and i'll have your back too.

There is just one problem with that....It's a comic book character. There comes a time when you have to realize, it isn't real. It's just words and images on a paper. It doesn't matter that much.

MeanAndGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By MeanAndGreen

Excellent! Great to see John pull off a win!

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: With all due respect its that kind of thinking that results in change never happening. When the thought process is automatic dismisal because its not "real" an argument could easily be made, why bother have the character of the month or weekly battles cause that's not real either. Why tell your kids about the easter bunny, and tooth fairy and Santa Claus, cause that's not real. To me and others it doesn't matter how real or fictional it may be, one doesn't make the other any less valued to advocate for. Its the core principles that matters most. I gty you if i began talking about how corrupt the governments of the world is and how the people needs to vote their butts out of office, then i'd have folks tell me that this is a comic fictional based site. There's no room for political "real" talk here. At the end of the day, i don't care how big or small, or how real or fake the subject may be...if i smell injustice, i'm there...savy!

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By RandomSid82

@cagl: You are making a big deal out of nothing. First, you brought race into it by talking about "token black guy". Who cares what race the character is? It's thoughts like that that keep racism alive. A character should not be judged on the color of their skin but on their abilities and their personality displayed in the comic. It isn't injustice to want to see Hal Jordan on the big screen when he was the GL at the time the JL was founded. Now, if they did a movie that was based on the time frame for the Justice League cartoon that featured John Stewart and wanted to replace John Stewart with Hal Jordan you might have an argument. But, to scream racism because they want to use the original GL for the movie(not counting Alan Scott) is asinine. It isn't injustice you are fighting for here. It is only your fan side that wants to see John Stewart in the movie so bad that you have to try and make an argument for it any way you want. And for the record, I like John Stewart as well.

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn(AL)

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: I'm making a big deal of nothing! lol. Wow! I guess you didn't do well in history class, because those who don't learn from history, or choose to ignore it is doomed to repeat it. I didn't just state racism...if you read with complete accuracy I also included bigotry, discrimination, prejudice and such. It isn't just about blacks, it also includes the handicapped, women, asians, hispanics, short people, over weight people, ugly people, etc. anyone who has been discriminated against because of one thing or another is under the discrimination umbrella. I have no beef with Hal Jordan, I neither dislike or like him...my beef is with the man who is responsible for him. Should I say his name again, because in case anyone missed my posts, I'll state his name in bold..."GEOFF JOHNS". I have written directly to both DC and WB about the man and I will continue to call him out until justice has been served. Randomsid allow me to educate you for a moment, I'm not sure what country you reside in or what city you belong to, but wherever that may be, in a perfect world each and every human being would be measured on their skills and abilities, and would be used in society accordingly, but we don't live in that world you spoke of. The world I live in to this day still struggles with all forms of discrimination. People are still suffering from inequality. Some races of people have it a lot easier than others. Some social classes of people have access to better education and quality of living than others. Are you going to pretend that doesn't exist? Hollywood is guilty for not having the proper representation of minorities of every race not just blacks. If I were an alien coming from another planet, I would swear that the only race planet Earth had were caucasians. If you look at the elite and the other billionares around the world who are non caucasian, you would have to count them on one hand. And then you accuse me of stating that its my mentality that keeps racism alive. Are you kidding me? Next thing you'll be telling me that there's no evil and corruption in the world and me wanting to fight it is all in my head and that sense of thinking is what's keeping it alive. I am not calling Geoff Johns a racist by any means, but I am calling discrimination.

So tell me something, what else is Cyborg other than a token black guy? I could think of others who should be on the team before him. Like for starters Martian Manhunter, perhaps even, Firestorm, Green Arrow, or Shazam. What makes Cyborg so damn special that he gets to be a founding member? I personally don't want him on the JL team, he belongs with the Titans coming on the TNT network. The mere fact that he even is getting a solo movie is a shock to everyone. And anyone with half a brain knows why he's getting a solo flick. How would it look if the only black not well known character on the team doesn't get a solo film. Oh and please don't ever say that Alan Scott doesn't count because everything counts. Alan Scott is the 1st. No matter howmuch anyone wants to re-write history, Alan Scott will always be the first. Hal is only the 1st of the new vision of the intergalatic peacekeeping force of the Earth lanterns. Some say that he's the most powerful. I can argue in favor of Mogo. Some say that he's the best, I could argue in favor of Sinestro or Kilowog, and why because they had to train Hal. Certainly, Hal has excelled past the abilities of his trainers, but so has John. As a matter of fact. Take off the ring of Hal and take of the ring of John, and in hand to hand combat, who wins? If you talk about a character being qualified, John is just as qualified to be in the live action universe as is Hal, if not more so. My biggest beef with Geoff Johns is that there are thousands of lanterns to choose from, and there are people thinking that only Hal exists. And since you claim to like John then you should welcome the thought of him shining as bright as Hal Jordan. I personally want Hal to be successful, just not at the expense of other lanterns remaining in his shadow as nobodies.

@cagl: You are making a big deal out of nothing. First, you brought race into it by talking about "token black guy". Who cares what race the character is? It's thoughts like that that keep racism alive. A character should not be judged on the color of their skin but on their abilities and their personality displayed in the comic. It isn't injustice to want to see Hal Jordan on the big screen when he was the GL at the time the JL was founded. Now, if they did a movie that was based on the time frame for the Justice League cartoon that featured John Stewart and wanted to replace John Stewart with Hal Jordan you might have an argument. But, to scream racism because they want to use the original GL for the movie(not counting Alan Scott) is asinine. It isn't injustice you are fighting for here. It is only your fan side that wants to see John Stewart in the movie so bad that you have to try and make an argument for it any way you want. And for the record, I like John Stewart as well.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagl: You are making a big deal over nothing. It's a comic. It's a movie. It's not politics. And again you don't have an argument in the first place. The entire reason to use Hal Jordan(as I've already explained) is because that was the GL when the Justice League was formed. You would have an argument if the movie was set during the time frame that John Stewart was the GL and they wanted to replace him with Hal. That not being the case, you have no basis for an argument.

And I didn't say Alan Scott didn't count, I said not counting Alan Scott because Alan Scott was the GL for the Justice Society, NOT the Justice League. So again, no argument. And I find it hilarious that you accuse Hollywood of racism(while probably true in some situations, comic book movies are NOT one of them). Think about it, Kingpin from the comics is white, the movie, he's black. Nick Fury in the original comics is white, in the movie he is black. There have been many other times they have tried to change it up to include more races, but people want to see a comic book movie that sticks to the source material. And again, you don't judge based on skin color, you judge based on the character themselves. Sorry, but you have no argument and are just promoting racism.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagl:

Can I make an inquiry about the JL movie's Green Lantern?

Why, in your opinion, does John Stewart deserve the spot over Hal Jordan?

GoldenGrham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say he should fight squirrel girl as a joke or spectra

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOVA

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green lantern vs Nova (Dick Rider)

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Boy you love to pick and choose what i say in my responses and ignore the rest, and then declare that i have no argument. Well i'm growing tired of this, its like a dog chasing his tail.It will only go in circles with no definitive end. So now it ends, the only one of us talking about racism is you. While i am emphasizing discrimination, which carries a broader term but necessarily include racism. Lastly, we can just agree to to disagree, and while i won't fall the games that these people play, i'm talking the people who have the money and resources, you can continue to believe that all is right with the world we live in and that i'm the only loon that believes what i say. And with that let's move on to week 3.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He SHOULD have won via break dancing.

Yeah.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: I'd gladly make a case to answer your question. There are a total of 7 Earth lanterns. In order we have Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz. If i were a WB executive in charge of casting, it would be my job to take a multitude of things into acct. Starting with Alan, while he may be the original GL ever created, his character doesn't fit in the continuity that we're building in the DCCU, thus Alan is eliminated from contention. Next comes Hal, his popularity, his stories and his overall presence speaks for itself. So right there that makes him a legit contender on any day of the week. Guy is up next, while he is known to the comic book fanbase, he isn't in the wider audiences. If we stuck to the source material then WB studios would need to make Guy's personality that of the comics which is a douche bag and an a**hole. After a failed 2011 film, do you honestly think wider audiences would like Guy especially if his own team mates don't like him? And could you imagine what would happen if Guy were to star in the reboot as the solo if not lead GL? Guy would systematically destroy the franchise and have nothing but contempt for anything GL. Thus Guy is eliminated. John is known to the younger audience fanbase due to the JL & JLU animated series. He has appeared as the lead in the GL corps. comics, he has appeared in the Young Justice animated series along with Hal. He is also apart of the Injustice Gods video game along with Hal, he's in the lego Batman 3. Recently, whatever Hal is a part of, John has been there to. With the excemption of the JL animated movies and both GL animated movies. So John is a contender. Kyle has played a key role in the rebirth of the corps. in the comics, his presence cannot be ignored, but let's face it how much presence has Kyle had beyond the realm of comics? Which is why he would not be someone that i would use as the lead in the GL franchise, therefore Kyle is eliminated from contension. Then you have Simon & Jessica, who are virtual unknowns. They haven't done enough in comics to earn a place ahead of the senior lanterns and beyond that has had zero exposure beyond the comic book realm. They both are eliminated. So that leaves only two.

Hal has been the premiere lantern for quite some time now, the casting and format for the DCCU has been following the N52 format. So that favors Hal and he's a lock and a shoe in for being re-cast right? Well not so fast. As a WB exec i remember that his character was a part of a disaster, a disaster that wider audiences remember and have seen. I also know that unlike the singular characters of a Superman, Batman, Aquaman and WW, the Green Lantern is plural. Therefore i don't have to stick with just one lantern. If there wasn't a corps. of thousands of lanterns then we wouldn't even be discussing which lantern will be used, because Hal would be the guy, its not called the Hal Jordan corps. its called the Green Lantern corps. only Sinestro can claim that. So withthe studios wanting a complete reboot, we look to another JL which by the way wider audiences has recognized...John Stewart. He is an architect, that would make his constructs on screen very interesting, he is a former U.S. Marine, that is an element that would fit in this darker universe considering that we have Brainaic and Darkseid on the way. Many people's gripe with John is that his character is boring, and yet he and Capt America share the same personality type and goes about their behaviors in a similar fashion and yet with Cap as the lead his movie Winter Soldier exploded in the boxoffice. Personally i just believe that its just the Hal Jordan fans nit picking John, because he poses a threat to take Hal's place in the cinematic universe. In the face of adversity, if Hal or John were to have there rings taken from them, while John can fall back on his days as a Marine, what Hal falls back on his days as a test pilot with much as much hand to hand combat training as John. At the end of the day using John fits into the phrase complete and total reboot. His personality like Capt. America is what's needed in the atmospherethat we will be exposed to, and actor Idris Elba would be someone that wider audiences would get behind in that regard.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagl you are clearly not tired of arguing if you're still bothering to make half a page post on why everyon else besides you does not respect John Stewart even thought its probably not true

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Havenless

@cagl:

You're making a lot of wild assumptions about what WB is thinking and what the general audience wants. John Stewart is definitively Earth Green Lantern number 2, in the same way that Supergirl is Earth Kryptonian number 2 and Jason Todd is Robin number 2.

Occasionally number 2 overtakes number 1, as is the case between Hal and Alan or Barry and Jay. While the Green Lantern Corps is plural, Hal is,and has been since his inception, Earth's Green Lantern Prime. Look at the animated movies. It always Hal Jordan, D.C. views him as that identity. The only thing John Stewart has over him at the moment is a children's cartoon from over a decade ago. You don't make decisions on a 200m$ movie based on children's cartoons unless the movie IS a children's cartoon.

If you love John Stewart, that's fine, but simply saying you prefer him will never change the fact that he's simply second in line. Hopefully he'll make a cameo along with some other Corps member in the solo movie, but to outright replace the iconic Green Lantern with him because... a movie didn't do well? You don't make Jennifer Walters the Hulk in Avengers just because Any Lee screwed up the first movie, Bruce is the Hulk. Hal Jordan is GL. The name is plural. But he's the reason we care enough about GL to even have a John Stewart.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32: With all due respect, not that i have to justify my responses to you, i was answering a question. I don't really have much to say except when there are those that bashes John Stewart for the unjustified reason of his personality. Furthermore i'd rather allow the polls and the votes do the talking for me, whether it be in John's favor or not. I would much rather sit back and read everyone 's comments, but if i post comments then that only means that i was asked a question or like i stated, there are those whose biggest argument about John is his personality. Unless someone can come at him with an argument of his skills being subpar and has said proof, then all of the talk of him being boring is nothing more than insecurity and fear of John replacing Hal in the eyes of the wider audiences, and it just eats away at the Hal Jordan fans. The same way it eats away at me about how Geoff Johns treated John Stewart all these years.

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: Well said. You make a valid argument as well but make no mistake, i am not the only who feels that John should take the mantle. Here's my proof, "clevver movies", "amc movie talk" (john campea chooses Hal, while Kristian Harloff chooses John), "beyond the trailer" with host Grace Randolph, "cinemablend", "screenrant", "IGN", "schmoes knows" and more. That's not including celebs who either are endorsing John or would want to play him. If Hal were a lock, there would be no delay at all. WB would back him like a happily married woman would stand by her man. That hasn't hapend...at least not openly, they are still exploring several options its safe to say. If i were the only one who felt this way, i'd gladly keep my opinions to myself and go crawl bavk under the rock from which i came, but when you have multiple sources pnly talking about two lanterns...Hal and John, then where there's smoke there's...

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By nervmeister

@havenless said:

@cagl:

You're making a lot of wild assumptions about what WB is thinking and what the general audience wants. John Stewart is definitively Earth Green Lantern number 2, in the same way that Supergirl is Earth Kryptonian number 2 and Jason Todd is Robin number 2.

Occasionally number 2 overtakes number 1, as is the case between Hal and Alan or Barry and Jay. While the Green Lantern Corps is plural, Hal is,and has been since his inception, Earth's Green Lantern Prime. Look at the animated movies. It always Hal Jordan, D.C. views him as that identity. The only thing John Stewart has over him at the moment is a children's cartoon from over a decade ago. You don't make decisions on a 200m$ movie based on children's cartoons unless the movie IS a children's cartoon.

If you love John Stewart, that's fine, but simply saying you prefer him will never change the fact that he's simply second in line. Hopefully he'll make a cameo along with some other Corps member in the solo movie, but to outright replace the iconic Green Lantern with him because... a movie didn't do well? You don't make Jennifer Walters the Hulk in Avengers just because Any Lee screwed up the first movie, Bruce is the Hulk. Hal Jordan is GL. The name is plural. But he's the reason we care enough about GL to even have a John Stewart.

I say it all depends on in-universe context. If Stewart happens to be the only corps member on the current roster, then yes, have him be called "Green Lantern" proper. And yes, I wouldn't mind Jennifer Walters being called "Hulk" under similar circumstances, even on the promotional posters and cast billing.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagl: To me, it's really simple. The movie is supposed to be the start of the JL. That doesn't mean that is the last movie they are going to make about the JL. For the start of the JL you use the GL that was the GL during the JL's founding, not one that came in much much later. Now, if they want to give him a cameo, no problem. That can be done and even give them a chance to add him in the next JL movie they decide to make. But to just completely ignore the GL that was the GL during the founding of the JL would basically be a slap in the face of any JL comics fans and would end up hurting their bottom line more than helping it and that is NOT something they want to do. I have absolutely no problem with John Stewart. I like the guy, and I liked his relationship with Hawkgirl in the comics(didn't care for him and Vixen for some reason though). But the fact remains that he was not even a Green Lantern during the founding of the Justice League.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Jbourne_32

@cagl said:

@jbourne_32: With all due respect, not that i have to justify my responses to you, i was answering a question. I don't really have much to say except when there are those that bashes John Stewart for the unjustified reason of his personality. Furthermore i'd rather allow the polls and the votes do the talking for me, whether it be in John's favor or not. I would much rather sit back and read everyone 's comments, but if i post comments then that only means that i was asked a question or like i stated, there are those whose biggest argument about John is his personality. Unless someone can come at him with an argument of his skills being subpar and has said proof, then all of the talk of him being boring is nothing more than insecurity and fear of John replacing Hal in the eyes of the wider audiences, and it just eats away at the Hal Jordan fans. The same way it eats away at me about how Geoff Johns treated John Stewart all these years.

I realize that you were answering a question but you literally said in one of your posts against serrure you said that you are sensitive to this topic because you think there is a lack of respect for john even though the votes clearly show otherwise. Besides you are sounding like I have something against John Stewart too. His name is analogous to one of my favorite comedians of course I dont have anything against his personality. The John Stewart character hasn't been thrown out the window completely he is still part of N52 and are probably bringing him back

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#143  Edited By Captain13

@cagl: You may like these -

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

CAGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Please allow me to express myself as clearly as i can for you and anyone else reading this post, so that my thoughts translating to this post doesn't somehow get misinterpreted. Do i want John Stewart in the DCCU? You bet your a** i do. How do i feel about Hal and other lanterns being there also ? Oh hell yeah! I want the world to see the very best of Hal, John, Kyle and even that bastard Guy. I'm not inclined to see Simon or Jessica though. Regardless of how much Guy gets on my nerves, we need his personality type to stir things up in a movie, but not until this new universe has been established much like Marvel. People should get to know Kyle, his presence and impact in the GL history books is something that the wider audiences would apprciate. I see greatness from Kyle if done correctly in the cinematic universe. What can i say, there's no denying Hal's history, does he deserve another shot on the big screen? Oh yeah, book it! And John, should he as well? Well not many has argued against that notion. Now here's where the rivalry occurs between Hal fans and John fans. To go into a sports analogy here, let's talk about Joe Montana & his successor Steve Young. Hal is Joe and John is Steve. Joe is a legend and won multiple SB's for his corps. (the 49ers). The management of SF (the guardians) also had another talent on their roster, someone that they thought could bring them success also. His name was Steve Young, Joe's back up in SF, the only way that the guardians could see Steve's true potential, is if he wasn't lurking behind in Joe's shadow. Once Joe was shipped off to KC, Steve was able to show that he could be just as valuable as Joe. Now while Joe did win more SB's, Steve also took home an SB and has joined Joe in the hall of fame. Hal is great, there's no denying that, but we all know what will happen if both Hal and John is in the same movie together. The same thing that happens when Joe and Steve is on the same team. John fans don't want Hal to overshadow him and make him into a backup sidekick, when we all know that he's a starter and a future hall of famer like Steve Young. John fans want him to stand tall on his own so that people could see his value, before putting Hal in there whose presence will creat conflict. Hal fans meanwhile want to maintain the status quo and wants Hal at center stage while Joh takes a backseat like how Geoff Johns wanted for him all along. Its hard for John fans to see the quality and leadership i him be put in a subserviant role to Hal. Although if it were an equal partnership, all things being equal, then i feel both sides would be satisfied. But deep down there are those who may feel that John could be in it, as long as he knows his places as Hal's backup. Now while some weren't bold enlugh to say it, some were definitely, thinking it. And that's why Hal and John fans are at odds, because of the Joe Montana/Steve Young dilemma.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this battle proved that John is more popular than Ronan.

Alright, cool.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Wonder who's next.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Zeeguy91

@desh said:

@zeeguy91: Bradley Cooper is not a choice for Green Lantern now (if he was, you would see the internet blow up with the news). What you read is someone's opinion on who should play Green Lantern. Someone who has absolutely nothing to do with making any decision whatsoever on who will play Green Lantern.

And yes, the point of Tyrese Gibson's post was to lead people to believe that he discussed with WB about playing Green Lantern. Whether he did or not remains to be seen, but it's a hell of a lot more to go on than... "Drone pilot." The fact that Idris Elba, Chadwick Boseman, and Dwayne Johnson have endorsed or expressed interest in playing the character adds more weight to WB looking for a John Stewart. A lot more than... "Drone pilot."

And as for me, I honestly wouldn't even bother posting in discussions about Hal Jordan being character of the month. So no, anything I do isn't comparable to what you do. I may have my opinions, but I don't go out of my way to constantly rain on people's parade. What you do is just childish, spiteful, and obsessive. You seem to have a problem with people rooting for John, liking John, and with John winning anything. I don't care for the Hal Jordan character, but that's as far as I take it. You seem to have a personal vendetta with John Stewart's fans and whine whenever he succeeds at anything, while throwing around empty accusations of skulduggery.

Desh, who are you kidding?? I've seen you go on full tirades whenever anything Hal Jordan comes up. For example, whenever anybody even mentions the Green Lantern movie, your favorite thing to do is immediately blame the movie's failure on the fact that they chose to go with Hal as the lead, even when you 1) have no evidence whatsoever of that being the case and 2) ignore pretty much everything else about that movie, like the horrible script and casting. You also like to bash Geoff Johns WHENEVER the opportunity presents itself, as he committed the great sin of not worshipping at John Stewart's feet. So its really funny to see you accuse me of childish spite when I can list just as many, if not more, acts of childishness on your end. I've honestly never dealt with someone like you, who suddenly comes down with amnesia once someone calls you out on the things you say. If you think that you don't engage in childish behavior, you're in denial.

And, actually, the "drone pilot" is in fact more than what anyone, including Gibson, has said of Stewart. Why? The drone pilot's already been cast. He's already there. He looks the part. Snyder has expressed that he'd rather go with Jordan than Stewart: http://www.movieswithbutter.com/Uncategorized/Zack-Snyder-wants-an-Older-Darker-Hal-Jordan-for-his-Justice-League. And, lastly, the casting/characters so far has suggested they're going with the New 52 roster (which has Hal, by the way). Gibson came out with his comments because some fans sent him fan artwork. That's it, nothing else. Chadwick Boseman was just cast as Black Panther, so he's pretty much out of the running. I can't even remember the last time Idris Elba even opened his mouth on the subject. However, what we have been getting is an onslaught of whispers from the studios themselves that they are looking at people like Chris Pine and, yes, Bradley Cooper.

So in short, he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones....at all.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: Soul Gem Warlock, Shaman Nate or Insane Genis for the next

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2