• 101 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Two marksmen enter, one marksman leaves.

Oliver Queen, a.k.a. Green Arrow, has been picked as our latest Character of the Month. In addition to featuring his Best Covers, Must Read Stories, and more, we're also going to put his abilities as a hero to the test. So far, he's had a pretty good run in the Battle of the Week. He defeated Black Widow and barely managed to take the victory over Elektra. This week, he faced an accurate villain from the Marvel universe: Bullseye.

Will Oliver win a third fight in a row or will Daredevil's foe be the first challenger to defeat him? Did Lester's lethal aim and adamantium lacing allow him to drop the Emerald archer? According to the voters, the answer is no. It looks like Green Arrowwins again.

No Caption Provided

Not only are we sharing the above picture to represent Ollie's win because it's funny, but we're also sharing it because it seems to be the key reason why so many voters sided with Green Arrow. Lester's uncanny accuracy and reflexes means Oliver's volley of regular arrows will be deflected or dodged, but the trick arrows? Those continue to be a huge game changer. For example, an anti-riot arrow could temporarily restrain Bullseye, giving Ollie the advantage he requires and he could then follow-up however he wants to. Heck, in that scenario, he could even bust out the legendary boxing glove arrow, if he really wanted to. That said, Bullseye's accuracy and reflexes are good enough to keep even Daredevil -- someone with incredible agility and reflexes -- one his toes, so Ollie's going to need to be on his A-game the entire time. One slip up could lead to his downfall. Lester's arrogance may get in the way from time to time and it leads to him toying with some targets (there's no guarantee that'll happen, but given his history, it is a possibility), but when push comes to shove, he won't mind slicing and/or stabbing Ollie where it counts. Even if Green Arrow does win, he's going to walk away with some injuries. Luckily for him, we know he can take the pain (e.g. his fight with Komodo) and hang in there long enough to start dishing out trick arrows -- weapons Bullseye unfortunately doesn't have a way to counter.

Even though Bullseye is a deadly dude with impressive hand-to-hand abilities and beyond impressive accuracy, a good amount of the voters just don't think he'd take this one. Here's the results:

• Green Arrow 56%
  • Bullseye 39%
  • Too close to call 5%

The community has been discussing this fight since Monday, so let's see what some of them had to say about it.

TheDandyMan

"Bullseye definitely wins in terms of accuracy/skill but Green Arrows gadgets will definitely come in handy, smoke bombs and flash bangs should be useful. However, the question is whether Ollie can use them before he gets shot and Lester is a master of ricochets and the like so I don't think there'll be enough time. Even if Ollie is able to use those arrows, Bullseye still has a chance of recovering and pulling back the win. So, at the moment, I'm thinking Bullseye."

No Caption Provided

johnny_blaze

"Bullseye will be the hardest opponent that Queen has ever faced. This is too close to call. This fight would have a lot of weapon throwing and dodging. It would be an all day fight lol."

No Caption Provided

Omnicrono

"In general I think it probably comes down to who "shoots first" in most scenarios, but I'll go with Green Arrow for the ever-so-slight majority. Queen is pretty resilient himself, and his trick arrows have a high chance of confusing and catching Bullseye by surprise. And again, even if Lester knows Ollie has a quiver full of trick arrows (he doesn't know), he won't know what those trick arrows can do, nor which arrow does what until it is too late. Not only that, but if by some chance it becomes an h2h fight at any point, Queen holds the advantage there too, in my opinion."

No Caption Provided

G_leno

"I honestly can't see how Arrow can win this. I'm not saying that Bullseye wins 10/10, but it wouldn't be a close fight either. Bullseye knows how to use a bow as well as Oliver because he was Hawkeye for a while so in theory, Green Arrow has nothing to surprise Bullseye with except maybe a couple of extremly outlandish trick arrows.

Bullseye can weaponise anything he can lay his hands on, including used arrows that have missed him, glass shards and everything in the zone. As far as I'm aware, Olly has peak human agility so will not be able to dodge everything. Bullseye can throw multiple objects in different directions and trajectories as he has two hands whereas a bow fires once per string pull so if there are multiple arrows, they will all be coming at the same speed following the same path.

Bullseye also uses ricochets regularly, and whike I'm sure Olly would expect them, it would be hard to keep dodging things if they are coming from front and back. Arrow fans may skew this vote, but looking at it from the perspective of a person who is not a massive fan of either charcacter, Bullseye wins 7.5/10."

No Caption Provided

jwrose5

"Bullseye can turn anything he holds into a weapon. Would I want him close? No. At long distance? Hell, no! Bullseye could turn a toothpick into a weapon. GA is a formidable h2h and has so many trick arrows Bullseye won't know how to properly react.

Will Bullseye go down easily? Absolutely not, he can take a ton of damage. He would cause GA lots of damage, but Queen's best bet is to hit Bullseye hard and fast; keep him off balance.

The beauty of trick arrows is that they are unpredictable until they activate.

I give this to Green Arrow."

No Caption Provided

That's it for this week! Want to share your thoughts on the results? Take to the comments section below. Don't forget to check back Monday for an all-new fight with Oliver Queen. If you want to suggest a match for an upcoming Battle of the Week for Green Arrow, tell us below or share it via twitter.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good match up and good arguments for both sides. Well done.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"#$%#ING TRICK ARROWS..."

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

This. Is. Bulls***.

I'm a big Green Arrow fan, but he would get destroyed by Bullseye.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cannot wait to see who is next.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could not stop laughing when I saw this

No Caption Provided
G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way, should not have been less close than Elektra, shouldn't have even won at all!

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Green Arrow vs Winter Soldier or Bucky Cap or Steve Rogers. Not interested in the polls since GA has more fans but interested in the higher ups. Maybe Ed Brubaker would chime in!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please just put Green Arrow up against Batman or Sentry or something so I can see this popularity-case lose for once.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

TOO CLOSE TO CALL should have won!!!!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, this is just wrong, Bullseye would destroy Green Arrow in a fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Bullseye would wreck Green Arrow.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

This was really disheartening because in the forum there was like nobody who could honestly argue against Bullseye. While a few people made opening statements in favor of Bullseye, the vast majority of actual arguments were in favor of Lester and for once I really feel like this was just ridiculous.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Elektra would have wrecked him even further but... apparently not.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fanboys strike again :D

SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fanboys strike again :D

I gotta say though, even with the show, I had absolutely no idea Green Arrow was this popular.

TheTrueRedKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What on Infinite Earths??

Another point I just thought of (after the debate, I know); trick arrows wouldn't even help Ollie's case in this particular scenario, necessarily. Bullseye will close the distance, it's only 50 feet, after the first arrow is fired. It doesn't take that long to run 25 feet (maybe a second or less), and for an Olympic-level physical like Bullseye, it will be even less. Let's say Ollie decides at this point he needs to up his ante and fire off a more powerful arrow. Do you think he's going to fire off an anti-riot or explosive arrow within 20 feet (or less) of himself?

First Elektra-gate, now this.. After this, I think these arguments need mediators like in a real debate to weed out fact ("comic"-fact) from fanaticism.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@thebourneposter said:

No. No. She would have indeed.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: is there a technical way to validate the votes only after an argument has been made by the voter?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82 said:

@thebourneposter said:

Yeah, Elektra should have won too.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No Caption Provided

SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

@k4tzm4n: is there a technical way to validate the votes only after an argument has been made by the voter?

That would only result in less votes, in my opinion. There are people who genuinely don't have the time to make a case for their character (at least not every single week), and there are others who would just rewrite other people's arguments. Best case scenario, we'll end up with tons of comments that state the same things over and over again.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@g_leno said:

No way, should not have been less close than Elektra, shouldn't have even won at all!

told you you'd get argument of the week bro... you should be excited about that... it really is a notable thing

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao... another win for Arrow where he should've lost. Bullseye and Elektra would both murder Ollie. Really no need for debate. While I agree its not always popularity that wins these battles, these past 2 weeks are clear examples of popularity clearly being a factor.

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is absolutely ridiculous

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye should have won...

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Z___

Like everyone said, this poll just implies that GA has a lot more fans.

Z'

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will admit I am very biased when it comes to Ollie so, perhaps my opinions on this matter are not valid, and I'm surprised the vote was not much closer, I have no problem believing this is a winnable fight for Ollie.

I don't think we're seeing people 'bandwagoning' onto Green Arrow because of his recent surge of popularity, I think we're seeing people suddenly becoming more interested in a character they have overlooked for years and perhaps changing their minds about just what exactly he's capable off.

Again, I can't claim that I am totally objective in favoring Ollie (Only Ben Grimm equals him in terms of characters I have a deep abiding love for) but I think it's at least food for thought.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By comicace3
What?
What?

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Lol @ people getting upset.

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By greenarrowfan12
No Caption Provided

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

next fight should be ollie vs either his ARROW counterpart or pre-52 version

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

next fight should be ollie vs either his ARROW counterpart or pre-52 version

fourth way smallville Ollie vs arrow vs n52 vs pre 52..

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye would beat Green Arrow.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashro44

@i_like_swords said:

Please just put Green Arrow up against Batman or Sentry or something so I can see this popularity-case lose for once.

Green Arrow VS Red Hood?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_stegman  Moderator

Lotta butthurt here.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Bullseye got owned here ay?

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye's costume sucks

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow vs ...

- Shredder

- Ninjak

- Eternal Warrior

make your choice, @k4tzm4n:

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RisingBean

It's not how I would think a majority would end, or would have voted. That said on some levels I'm ok with one of my favorites defying the odds and taking it.

Good job Green Arrow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impervious said:

Green Arrow vs ...

- Ninjak

I think I would have a legitimate aneurysm if this happened, because comic readers from all walks of life would click the thread, vote Green Arrow, and then go on vacation for a week before a single debate can take place, without looking at a single Ninjak feat before considering their poorly thought out vote, simply because he's an Indie character and they think he's too new to have good feats.

Yeno, kind of like what happened with Cyclops.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Impervious

@i_like_swords: Ninjak actually did good in that match up, getting 40 + percent. more than I expected and I'm quite sorry to admit I voted for Cyclops, mate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

So far I have disagreed with the last two polls for Green Arrow's character of the month. I know I'm part of the problem because I never have the time to put together a well thought out argument in favor of my vote but there is definitely no way Green Arrow beats Elektra or Bullseye. I can't honestly remember who he fought in the first poll so I can't comment on that one. Normally, even if I disagree with the result, I can see the argument being made. With Elektra and Bullseye though, I just don't buy Ollie going over either of them.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I have respect for Ninjak but Scott's always been awesome in my eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impervious: Okay that was a nice pun, intended or not, so I'll give you it.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Green Arrow VS Red Hood?

Ollie already beat him.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers