• 116 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. that DC hero you've probably heard of, has been voted by the community as our latest Character of the Month. While in the spotlight, the Dark Knight will have several features about his 75 years in comics, but seeing as he's such a gifted fighter, we're also going to test his abilities as a combatant!

His first opponent: Peter Quill, a.k.a. Star-Lord. Was the Marvel character selected because his debut movie is currently a huge hit at the box office? Sure, we like to keep things topical here, but more importantly, he was picked because thinking about a fight between these two is downright awesome! Will Quill's mobility and firepower put the Caped Crusader down for the count or will the popular Justice Leaguer find a way to win thanks to his impressive mind and talents? The community's been thinking about this skirmish all week and they've finally picked a winner. Ladies and gentlemen, Batman is taking the victory!

No Caption Provided

This was by no means an easy win for Bruce Wayne. Gotham's hero earned 53% of the votes and Quill received a respectable 43%. 4% thought this one is just too close to call and believe both characters have roughly an equal chance of winning.

Peter Quill's technology poses a big obstacle for Batman. His jet boots means he can keep on the move and attack from above, and his Element Gun is a big wild card. He has the potential to end the fight with one clean shot. Even a minor slip-up could spell defeat for Bruce, but the voters think DC's character has what it takes to endure. In spite of Quill's flight and projectiles, a majority of the community thinks Bruce's quick thinking, impressive skill, and variety of equipment will allow him to eventually get the better of Quill. During the debate, quite a few Viners said they think Batman's agility and reflexes combined with his gear (grappling lines and projectiles of his own) would eventually allow him to disarm his opponent and then best him in close quarters combat. Now, let's check out some standout posts Viners made about this match.

DocGlock

"I believe Batman is at a slight disadvantage in this matchup.

I believe Star Lord's armor is durable enough to withstand Wayne's tech which means Batman's only win condition is to bring the battle in close and give Quill a good ol'fashion Bat-Bruisin. Bruce is going to win the fight in the melee range a good 10/10 times, but the reason I say Batman is the one at a disadvantage is because closing the gap should be a lot easier said then done. Batman is a master of stealth and the battle is taking place at night, but Star Lord has some pretty advanced tracking technology housed inside of that helmet of his and his rocket boots are going to give him an edge in mobility. This means in order to sneak up on Quill, Bruce has to try and shake an opponent who can move quicker and see him plain as day. This doesn't mean Batman couldn't create some sort of distraction and quickly move in, I just don't see it being as likely to happen.

Meanwhile Peter definitely has the range advantage due to the element gun which is infinitely more destructive than the batarangs Bruce is going to have on him. Getting tagged just once by the element gun is going to severely hurt Batman's chances of winning this match.

When all is said and done I see Star Lord etching out the majority of wins by a vary small margin, like 5.1/10."

No Caption Provided

DigitalShooter9

"Batman...

I have to say this really is quite a close battle.

From what I can gather, the current star lord lacks the super power enhancements and the shield projection ability that the previous incarnations had, both are abilities that could have had major impacts on how this encounter could play on.

However this being the current Marvel Now Starlord does not necessarily mean he is overpowered by Batman. Aside everything, the current Starlord is a decent hand to hand fighter alongside being a master tactician. Only thing though, Batman also carries the two attributes listed above but is better at those two skills than Starlord.

What makes this match rather interesting is Star Lords signature weapon the element gun. While it may not sound like a game changer for some, it being combined with Quill's strategical prowess is quite the challenge for Batman. Then again, Batman is also much sufficiently equipped by his gadgets alongside his own tactical prowess to counter what may be the versatile opponent such as Star Lord.

In my opinion, this is a fight between two equally versatile characters. We have two tacticians, one of them carrying all sorts of gadgetry in his utility belt while the other carries an intricate weapon that can create very versatile attack options.

I find Batman and Star Lord very similar for the above reasons. Star Lord carries the advantage from long range as his element gun would be more effective than batarangs or projectiles batman may bring in to the table. But don't forget the battle takes place in an urban setting at night with quite sufficient cover for batman to take advantage of against Star Lord's element gun. Also I have to say Batman is more familiar to urban settings than Star Lord as Quill mainly operates in space. Batman's use of stealth in this particular setting should bring him close enough to SL to incapacitate Quill in CQC or close in enough to be able to use his gadget without being harmed by the element gun.

Despite the fact that there is a possibility of Quill getting a clear shot at Bruce as he is also a credible tactician and could manage to find an opening, I have to say that possibility weighs less (even if by a small margin) than the above possibility of Bruce winning via a stealthy approach using CQC or a gadget attack.

Both characters are versatile in their own right but Batman's skill set plays along in this particular setting better than Star Lord's for reasons mentioned above such as plenty of cover being present , night time advantage of stealth, and Bruce being superior in tactical prowess and h2h skills/physicals to Peter Quill.

Batman wins in a close battle.

6-7/10 he wins by CQC or stealth-gadget based takedown.

3-4/10 Starlord manages to catch an opening and incapacitate Bruce with his element gun..."

No Caption Provided

Inconspicuously_Incognito

"This is my first post on a battle on this site and I have found it to be one of the most difficult, being both a star lord and batman fan. (Blaming both the comics and movies here) But I'd have to give it to Star Lord, (Batgod preserve lol) Wayne has the advantage here in H2H, advantage taking Star Lord almost 7/10- 8/10 in this but I think the big advantage here would be the tech and maneuverability and even Star Lords unique "unorthodox genius lack of discipline." Quills tech, even with standard gear, is something I think batman would never see coming from a mile away. His element gun, boot jets and any other little trick he has stored in his bag can return whatever Batman has I'd be interested to see the tactics employed by both, since they're thoughts on killing seem to be the polar opposite. If Bat's gets close here, its a wrap for Quill even with his skill, the tech here would be the thing to watch, I feel like Peter would just have a leg up just because hes so much more used to fighting on a grander scale than bats.

Peter wins here in one of the toughest fights of his life. 6/10"

No Caption Provided

Antihero_Jaymok

"Ooga Chaka, Ooga, Ooga, Ooga Chaka...

Sorry, but if they're in character, with no prep, I can see Quill attacking first, using some sort of future tech to gain the upper hand. All this will do is give Bats the info he'll need to size up his opponent, and realize he'll need to go for a quick incapacitation. In this fight, Star Lord's ability to make 12% of a plan on the spot will backfire, and cause Bats to know better than to take a defensive stance. All Bats needs to do is throw some smoke grenades, zig zag charge Star Lord to close the distance (they're only 25 feet apart, Quill won't start the fight by using his jet boots to get farther away), and Bat Kick him right in the gut, knocking Quill's air out of his lungs, thus bringing him to his knees. Quill might try pulling out some other weapon while on the ground, but with Batman standing right above him, watching him, that'll force his hand to render Quill unconscious. Bats will then tie up Quill to question him once he wakes up, but the fight will have been over and won by then."

No Caption Provided

Do you think the right combatant won the battle? Feel free to continue the conversation below! Batman's next opponent has been selected (hint: this character is also topical) and that match will be posted on Monday.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman wins? Whaaaaaaaat? Get outta here...

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let the hate comments begin.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

AHHHHHH POPULARITY BIAS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For real, i don't think Batman has ever lost one of the fan votes on these. There have been a couple times where CV has declared bats opponent the winner, but I dont think he's ever lost the fan vote. It's a bit ridiculous

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Popularity contests. Shocking.

VeteranDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VeteranDebater

of coarse Batman wins he's (Fanboys greatest Quote)BATMAAAN, i dont understand how Captain America lost this debate too, i would like to know how people think Batman can beat him but Captain America can't, idk, it only makes me think Batman is more overrated than he already is, and i love Batman, but the ABC Logic between these 3 don't make sense Batman=Captain America, Captain America<Star Lord, Batman>Starlord, can someone explain that to me, but yeah BATMAAAAN

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a great battle of the week. Thanks, Gregg!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I really don't think Batman can take Star Lord.Maybe the movie version or the current version but not Star Lord from Annihilation I disagree with this one.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Batman is #1 deal with it :P

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman paid off the voters.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one reason I can't see Star-Lord overcoming Batman is the H2H combat difference. Bruce is definitely better, if the fight moves to close range I can't see Star-Lord hanging in there for long.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how can anyone possible believe that starlord could take batman down? thats nonsense.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 k4tzm4n  Moderator

This was a great battle of the week. Thanks, Gregg!

You're welcome. Thanks for enjoying it and not focusing solely on the poll percentages!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how people are complaining batman won yet very few (like 2-3 people) bothered to make a case for star lord. If you didn't argue for star lord in the main thread you shouldn't have the right to complain about the outcome.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@butters911 said:

For real, i don't think Batman has ever lost one of the fan votes on these. There have been a couple times where CV has declared bats opponent the winner, but I dont think he's ever lost the fan vote. It's a bit ridiculous

He hasn't been in that many fan voted ones. I think he only took a majority in a poll over Cyclops, Snake-Eyes and Winter Soldier. The other fights involved Nightwing, Deathstroke, Batwoman, Deadshot, and Bane, I believe. That said, I do remember he lost to X-23 and Squirrel Girl.

VeteranDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

He hasn't been in that many fan voted ones. I think he only took a majority in a poll over Cyclops, Snake-Eyes and Winter Soldier. The other fights involved Nightwing, Deathstroke, Batwoman, Deadshot, and Bane, I believe. That said, I do remember he lost to X-23 and Squirrel Girl.

how does he beat Cyclops

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wonder if some people just took the movies star lord as the reference...

I myself know quite little about quill

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gracetrack

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

how does he beat Cyclops

With style, mon ami... with style. ;)

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord has a laser gun .

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this was the only possible outcome ...except starlord would have had like 20% if GotG's movie was'nt out ...i like starlord and i'm a fan and read every comic hes been in since like 2006 but by no means could he defeat batman ....alot of batman haters on comicvine were praying batman would lose ...guess what?!? BATMAN WON AGAIN !!!!!! stop hating

Avatar image for ocareyinfluence
ocareyinfluence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how can anyone possible believe that starlord could take batman down? thats nonsense.

By reading comics other than Batman, then applying logic.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolfrazer

This would have been a much better and not so one sided battle, if the current Star Lord had more showings...which was used, so it wasn't really much of a hard choice to figure out.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm so Star-Lord is formidable huh? He just seems like a cocky d-bag.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanted to vote but I just couldn't given I'm not familiar with star lord's feats. Nice battle Katzman.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

the same way storm with no powers beat cyclops in uncanny x-men 201 vol 1

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RustyRoy

@tensor said:

Batman paid off the voters.

No Caption Provided

VeteranDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

Also, Ccylops was not in the right frame of mind to battle. Cyclops blasts Storm to dust and Batman too

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

VeteranDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VeteranDebater

@copete said:

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

Also, Ccylops was not in the right frame of mind to battle. Cyclops blasts Storm to dust and Batman too

i knew it, i hate when people say she won that, she beat a nerfed Cyclops, she can' take the % Cyclops, i knew it, so that was a bad excuse and low end feat for her

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

the setting of the battle gave a huge advantage in the battle it was a night time with plenty of cover between them

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

now that you mention it he might have been ,,,i dont remember ....does.nt he always hold back until he takes measure of his opponent though ....how often does cyclops go full power right out the gate ?

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By MK5
VeteranDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

now that you mention it he might have been ,,,i dont remember ....does.nt he always hold back until he takes measure of his opponent though ....how often does cyclops go full power right out the gate ?

not too often but when he needs to, he'll cut loose

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is overated but I dont think he loses this fight. Batman can compete against Superman and stealthy enough to take Green Lantern's ring while hes using it. The only version of Starlord I know is the movie version which seems no where near Batman's intelect as well as even clumsy and just lucky.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sasquatch888

@veterandebater:

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

once batman sees concussive eye beams ..he'll make short work of cyclops ...127 martial arts ...expert marksmanship ...incredible agility... steath ...genius level intellect an arsenal of unpredictible weapons ...cyclops is a one trick pony ...batman all day

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Batman haters seriously need to get off this site for a month. Their complaining is driving me up the wall. Face it people Batman is a very popular character on here and nothing will change that, so deal with it or get out!!!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#39 frozen  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

I love how people are complaining batman won yet very few (like 2-3 people) bothered to make a case for star lord. If you didn't argue for star lord in the main thread you shouldn't have the right to complain about the outcome.

Agreed.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@k4tzm4n: How much did DC pay you to make the polls favor Batman!!!?

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a lot of people here wanted bats to fail because they just watched the gotg movie but wait BATMAN Stomps

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n who do you think would win if i may ask?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gracetrack

@sasquatch888 said:

@veterandebater said:

wasn't he holding back?

Rarely. It's much more in his character to first test the waters and then create a plan. He's a strategist first and foremost.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@k4tzm4n: How much did DC pay you to make the polls favor Batman!!!?

lol

VeteranDebater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By VeteranDebater

@sasquatch888 said:

@veterandebater:

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

once batman sees concussive eye beams ..he'll make short work of cyclops ...127 martial arts ...expert marksmanship ...incredible agility... steath ...genius level intellect an arsenal of unpredictible weapons ...cyclops is a one trick pony ...batman all day

sounds like your underestimating Cyclops, he aint a one tick pony, and he doesn't always rely on his powers, Mark take it away skip too 44 seconds

Loading Video...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't care about batman anymore.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888 said:

@veterandebater:

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@veterandebater said:

@sasquatch888 said:

#

@veterandebater said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@butters911 said:

how does he beat Cyclops

wasn't he holding back?

sounds like your underestimating Cyclops, he aint a one tick pony, and he doesn't always rely on his powers, Mark take it away skip too 44 seconds

Loading Video...

ok maybe i did underestimate cyclops a little even though i know cyclops kicks ass and has tons of experience... maybe one trick pony was a bad description because youre right cyclops kicks ass takes names later makes hard choices and is tough as nails ...that being said .. i feel like if he misses one shot batman will incapacitate cyclops ...but if cyclops tags batman once it could be over quick ...either way it would be a quick fight

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

I honestly don't care about batman anymore.

then why are you reading this ?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers