• 71 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

For Damian Wayne's final fight in the Battle of the Week, we wanted to put a little spin on the brawl. We previously had Damian holding his own as Robin or fighting by his father's side, but for his last challenge, we thought it would be fun to use future Damian, the one who becomes Batman and is quite brutal. So, why not pit one future Batman against another future Batman? In this case, we wanted you all to think about whether adult Damian's savagery, gear, and healing would be enough to take down Terry McGinnis, a.k.a. Batman Beyond. Do you think Damian's advantages are enough to counter his opponent's variety of technology? According to most of the voters, the answer is no. Batman Beyond wins!

No Caption Provided

Damian Wayne may be the better hand-to-hand combatant, his methods may be more vicious, and he may be more tactical, but that just wasn't enough to convince a majority of the voters that he'd be the one walking away from this fight. Well, seeing as he can't die, he'd eventually walk away, but the point is the voters believe Terry's impressive physicals and the plethora of technology at his disposal would allow him to overcome the skill gap. From flight capabilities to a variety of projectiles and weaponry that's available to him, most of the community believes his power and versatility will lead him to victory. He may walk away with some cuts and he may have some very close calls in this fight, but for the voters, Terry's technological edge was the game changer.

In the end, Damian received 38% of the votes and Terry earned 55%. Only 7% of the voters thought this one is too close to call. It's unfortunate Damian lost his final fight, but hey, Batman's son gave it his all and the match did generate a good discussion. So, let's see what some Viners had to say about this one.

SynCig

As much as I like the concept of this fight, I don't think it'd be all that close. Terry would take 8 out of 10 fights fairly easily on the basis of his tech alone. Damian has more skill but the Beyond suit is essentially built to compensate for said lack of skill. It was originally built for an old and failing body of Bruce Wayne. With Terry in the suit, it is like Batman with training wheels. No disrespect intended to Terry. Damian could make things interesting with superior battle strategy and skill but at the end of the day the laundry list of things the Beyond suit can do would be too much for even the great Damian Wayne to handle.

comicace3

This is a nice battle but I will say I'll give the edge to Damian due to being more skilled and more ruthless. I'm implying that he still has the same if not better skill as current Damian. That with his healing should be enough to at least take some hits and KO Terry if not force him to make a tactical retreat. If I know anything about him its that morals on he won't be going full on which will cost him since because Damian has no morals in the future. People are going to say Terry outclasses Damian physically but mind you he wasn't skilled enough to go against an old Bruce Wayne, a Prime Bruce Wayne and loses battles he really shouldn't against fodder Martial Artists. He's skilled but not enough to take on Damian. Damian 6-7/10

No Caption Provided

ScouterV

I think Terry can take him.

Terry is pretty skilled in most instances these days, and I'd argue he matches Damian on pure skill at least, and even Damian admits he can't match Dick and Bruce anyway.

Terry has the superior gear. His batsuit and his gear are far more than what Damian has at his disposal, just from the Beyond series alone. I believe Terry has a new suit now, since fighting the Justice Lords or at least his old one has upgrades.

Terry, I think, would also have the tactical advantage. I believe he'd take Damian on a psychological playing field the same way he took Joker. He's arrogant (Damian,) and more than likely Terry will exploit that, though I don't know how Damian would react being older.

Then the physicals should be within Terry's range as well, as the suit already made him pretty powerful and he could take blows from Superman.

I honestly don't see how Damian could take this. At the very least, he could POSSIBLY stalemate if Terry can't put him down, but Terry can probably keep the damage up. I see Terry taking this 8/10 times.

LeuchIII

Bat-Damian has more training, healing ability, and is more likely to be lethal than Terry. The beyond suit I think gives Terry some major advantages (flight, weaponry) but discipline tempered with experience and edge of lethality gives Damian the edge over a admittedly formidable suit, particularly if Damian were to compromise the suit, Damian would capitalize on that and finish him. Bat-Damian 7-8/10

No Caption Provided

jwrose5

First, let's assume that they are not fighting in Gotham; thus neither have the home field advantage. They have similar skills, and both have a tactical mind. Damian is not as skilled as his father or Grayson, and admits it himself. Terry does have a technological advantage, and a variety of tools to match Damian. Standard gear means Terry has either Bruce or Grayson in his ear talking to him.

Terry has taken down Justice Lord Superman, Brainwashed Superman, his own costume and the Joker! And having a former Batman talking to Terry means there are two minds working together and one with decades worth of experience.

Sure, Damian has a healing ability and will cheat. He can be ruthless and egotistical, but Terry could use that to his advantage.

I give this to Batman Beyond.

MuyJingo

There is no question that Damian far outclasses Terry in terms of skill and experience. He had a huge head start and was trained by some of the worlds most skilled martial artists and tacticians. Terry relied on his suit and was talked through most missions by Bruce.

Not to say Terry is a slouch, but a lot of his feats are due to the tech advantage the beyond suit grants him. Which is fine. Terry relying on the suit is no different to GA relying on his bow. The suit gives him durability, being resistant to fire, electricity etc. which may be hard for Damian to get through from a distance, but not up close.

However, the real issue is Damian's healing ability. I think that is key here. While neither has knowledge of the other, it will be clear that Terry is in a suit that needs to be damaged, incapacitated etc, while it won't be clear to Terry that Damian has a hugely impressive healing factor.

To me, that gives Damian the edge. Terry can fly and maintain a distance advantage and cause Damian trouble with his discs....but it doesn't matter what he does. Damian will wake up(likely almost instantly, given how little a stream of bullets affected him) which Terry wouldn't be expecting, allowing for Damian to get the upperhand.

How? Most likely via explosives and good old manhandling. Terry's suit offers a lot of protection, but it doesn't protect him from blunt physical attacks. Even Joker was able to give him trouble in the suit, and we've seen any number of people attack him head on and for him to get winded/dazed. That's all the time Damian needs to go in for the kill winning strike.

I would say Damian, at least 6/10.

No Caption Provided

Kyle Higgins, writer of BATMAN BEYOND 2.0

HA very cool. I think Terry would win... because that's what I would write :P

No Caption Provided

That's it for Robin's time in the Battle of the Week! Up next is our latest Character of the Month, Aquaman! Share your ideas for opponents below or via Twitter. Don't forget to check the homepage Monday to see who the Justice Leaguer will fight first!

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I agree with Higgins.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Solid result.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Wow I'm surprised. I'm glad some of my fellow users saw the light and gave batman beyond props. I sure wish they would make Damian a villain for batman beyond. I think the hush beyond story arc would hav been a great way to introduce damian

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By noj

Bull. The people voting for Terry had little to no knowledge of Damians abilities, especially his skill and healing factor. They seriously downplayed his skill just because he said he wasn't as good as Dick or Bruce. Just because he isn't as good as them doesn't mean he's as unskilled as Terry.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good show.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Shway

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I've been busy this week and didn't get my argument or vote up but I would've voted Terry. Glad to see him pull the win here.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont get it? damian has been training with the league from 3-10 and batman until the day bats died. terry is what still in highschool? and just became batman. this is a joke. terry won because of nostalgia

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 owie  Moderator

cool to see a writer's quote in the feature again! those are always fun.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damian is arrogant brat who needs to be taken down a notch.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terry may not have all the experience or training of Damian, but he is definitely no slouch in the feats department. Compared to Damian's feats, Terry and the Beyond suit win 7 (if not 8) out of 10. It's no secret I'm not a Damian fan, but I'm not necessarily a Terry fan either. But I still say Terry wins this one.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Damian won the debate. He might not have as much feats as Terry, but he is the better fighter overall.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that hatred is strong in you.

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm still a bit iffy on this, but I do like Terry as a character a lot better than Damian

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3 said:

@nightfang said:

Damn right it is, Damian should have stayed dead and forgotten.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallingcliffs

While both are interesting concepts honestly as a future Batman, I think Terry is the better, cooler Batman IMO.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RustyRoy

Damian has healing factor, he was taking many rounds of bullets with almost no problem, was on fire with ease. He has been facing strong opponents since he was a child, also Future Damian isn't that arrogant, at least not when he's fighting while Terry is a little bit reckless, Damian's also far more brutal, he's taking this 6/10.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yeah Damian said he's not as good as Bruce but no one is.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123: so it sounds like you haven't been keeping up with the comics. None of these Terry "facts" are current

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm insulted

:D

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's shwarbage.

MaddLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way this even is close for Damian. Bruce built the suit with all the same gadgets his normal utility belt holds plus tons of other crap. Damian's superior hand to hand is negated by the suit granting Terry super human strength. Damian's healing ability... pfft. We've all seen how that doesn't keep Wolverine from getting his a.. handed to him by beings with super human strength and ranged weapons. Terry goes invisible, shoots Damian with the wrist mounted laser or simply punches him straight on. Nothing Damian has can keep him from getting KTFO. If, Damian gets close enough to hit Terry, all he does is activate the suit's electrical discharge.

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kingthunder99

this battle is a little iffy for me because i like both characters but Damian overall out classes terry the only thing terry has over Damian is his suit/tech but if Damian was to compromise the suit/tech which it can be messed up or damaged or make it go defective some way he would own terry with all his other abilities/ skill Damian is the better trained batman out of the two even though both are not on Bruce's level of skill

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just curious, why is it that the past 3 characters of the month have been DC? I don't know what the ones were before that but yeah, WW, Damian Wayne, now Aquaman. A little diversity would be nice.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#29  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEUTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{BASED}

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian before his death could beat Terry....

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@fil123: so it sounds like you haven't been keeping up with the comics. None of these Terry "facts" are current

To be fair it seems even the guys at DC don't know what is "current" with the new 52

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Transformers1024

Higgen's is probably the best answer this segment has even seen.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome battle this week! id like to see more sibling fights in BotW

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing said:
@amazingwebhead said:

Shway

Shway, indeed. And on that note...a tribute to the Twice-Fallen Wayne.

Loading Video...
patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@comicace3 said:

@nightfang said:

Damian > Your favourite character.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Just curious, why is it that the past 3 characters of the month have been DC? I don't know what the ones were before that but yeah, WW, Damian Wayne, now Aquaman. A little diversity would be nice.

^This.

Also this result has restored my faith in CV, the last battle got a little out of hand with all the claims about Damian with nothing to back them up.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_average_bear said:

To be fair it seems even the guys at DC don't know what is "current" with the new 52

ok so the two things i said were kind of wrong (he started training at 14, thats highschool). isnt he 18 anyway?? regardless damian has been trained by the deadliest people in the world and then trained by batman and dick grayson a lot longer than terry was. Um he has a healing factor which i dont think people considered? oh did i forget to mention damian is a super-genius? finished a bat mobile that bruce couldnt, solved wayne techs financial problems during the 2008 financial crisis (all at the age of ten) list goes on and on. Damian is also extremely ruthless compared to anyone else in the bat family, which is obviously a plus in any fight. the only real advantage terry has is his suit.

so like i said before nostalgia won again on the vine, unless damian somehow peaked at 10 years old.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't forget batman was right before WW (but that was an all dc voting). DC's characters are a bit more popular

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the community realizes DC is better.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:

Yeah no. Is it the community that decides the character of the month? And if so, where? I've never seen a place to vote for it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:

@randomsid said:

Yeah no. Is it the community that decides the character of the month? And if so, where? I've never seen a place to vote for it.

It's on the front page. Yes, the community votes. DC characters usually win by some margin.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShootingNova

Interesting...

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@nightfang said:

@comicace3 said:

@nightfang said:

Way to act like a troll.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@nightfang said:

@comicace3 said:

@nightfang said:

Way to act like a troll.

Damian was character of the Month for December. Was your favourite character the CotM for December?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@nightfang said:

@comicstooge said:

@nightfang said:

@comicace3 said:

@nightfang said:

Way to act like a troll.

Damian was character of the Month for December. Was your favourite character the CotM for December?

No. I just don't like Damian, period!