• 104 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Unfortunately, Arthur Curry, a.k.a. Aquaman, will soon end his time as our latest Character of the Month. Before he steps out of the spotlight, he had one last fight to finish. In the previous editions of the Battle of the Week, he took down She-Hulk and Iron Man, but he was unable to overcome Red Hulk. Would he face one more loss before leaving the segment or will he proudly take another victory? This time, Arthur wasn't fighting solo. When faced with Namor and Invisible Woman, Mera joined his side to help him battle the duo from Marvel. So, who wins? According to the voters, Aquaman and Mera take the victory!

Image created by the Comic Viner vinomonster
Image created by the Comic Viner vinomonster

Aquaman vs. Namor could have people arguing for quite some time, but no matter which side of the argument you're on, odds are you're okay with believing it wouldn't be a brawl that ends quickly. So, as those two slug it out, the debate was focused on Mera and Invisible Woman. Both of them have powers they can use in game changing ways, but which one is more effective? What about more versatile? And who would be willing to unleash sooner? There was an extensive debate about this (over 400 posts!) and, even though Sue is a powerhouse, the majority believes the location (Battery Park in New York) benefits Mera and the fact she'd be more willing to let loose made more people support her. While Sue has great potential with her abilities, her morals means she isn't likely to go all-out, and the voters think Mera is likely to eventually dehydrate Sue. Taking place near the ocean gave a majority of the voters even more confidence in her abilities.

Aquaman and Mera held onto the lead and the poll closed with them with receiving 58% of the votes. Only 38% of voters thought Namor and Invisible Woman had what it takes to earn the win. Meanwhile, just 3% thought this one was too close to call. As said above, there was a lot of debating going on in the original article, so let's take some time to see exactly what a few Comic Viners had to say about the match.

No Caption Provided

jwrose5

It would be very interesting to start; Arthur and Namor batting each other around and Namor shouting "Imperius Rex!" while force fields and water constructs are thrown around by Sue and Mera.

But I don't think this is a fight that Sue is desperate to win. Her daughter isn't on the line. She won't be brain popping anyone, and this fight will most likely end up in water. Sue won't be a huge factor there, at least not for long, and it would turn into a two on one battle.

Gotta give this one to Aquaman and Mera.

GHoST2130

This is very interesting, Namor vs new 52 Aquaman would have been an argument for the ages adding the women makes it so much harder to call, but I will try anyway. I give my victory to Namor and the Invisible Woman, not by much but they do win. Arguing Namor vs Aquaman is a never ending battle. Aquaman is a better fighter, not by much but it is a noticeable difference. While Namor is physically stronger, once again not by much but it is noticeable, and he can fly. In actuality, the difference makers in this fight are Mera and Invisible Woman, and the Invisible Woman is just more powerful.

The Invisible Woman was stated to have been able to hold a city from the armies of annihilus when Johnny returned from the negative zone, during this same event she was also able to instantly cover the Baxter building in a force field and simultaneously destroy two space fighters. Sue's force field powers have essentially evolved into green lanterns powers, using them more often in the shape of powerful constructs as well as using then to move objects rather than to simply to protect herself, which she still can do shown when she blocks a bolt from fake Thor instantly. While Mera is powerful, she does not have the same level of feats that Sue has. Now don't get me wrong, Sue will not be popping heads, its not in her nature to just jump to that even though she has the capability. However, the same can be said for Mera. She has only been shown to pull water from a living creature once and that was for torture, and it was not a fast process, and while I think the speed was due to the nature as torture, I do not think that Mera can instantly pull all the water from a living creature, it takes time and concentration, and the idea that she can do that to Namor or Sue before either of them can break her concentration is giving her too much credit and them not enough.

The standard uses of Mera's powers are constructs and blasts on a fairly small scale, shes not a green lantern and in new 52 has not shown the capability to create constructs to that scale, while she has shown the ability to create whirlpools that's underwater. As stated above, I think this is very close fight, but Namor and Sue take this, the power difference is just too great.

No Caption Provided

bejaranoezski

Sue is a game changer. I can think of any number of ways she can tilt the way this fight Is going. Force bubble to deprive a foe of water or air. Force bubble to contain the trident. A large force bubble around one or both opponents that is quickly compressed, any air or water that is inside is compressed and super heated to near plasma levels in no time flat. Make the trident invisible. Etc, she is very smart and VERY powerful, not to mention she is very familiar as to how her partner fights as well.

Hawkguy

Arthur and Mera.

80% of the fights will go with Arthur and Mera splitting up and taking the enemy of the same gender. Everyone seems to be underestimating Mera's ability to manipulate water. Even if Sue goes invisible Mera could EASILY control her with the 65% of water content in her body. Not only that but Mera's morals aren't as strict as Sue's, she'd do it without hesitation. That means flooding Sue's brain, causing any internal organ to explode or outright draining her entire body dry in a matter of seconds.

Now Aquaman vs. Namor is a closer fight but Namor's feats have decreased recently, he was even defeated by T'Challa in the current New Avengers run. I don't see Namor's flight coming into play at all since Arthur wouldn't be so easily removed from the battlefield, especially considering that Mera would have his back like no tomorrow once she has dealt with Sue.

In terms of speed and strength both males seem equals, Arthur's biggest advantage will be, as I mentioned earlier, having Mera by his side very soon after the fight has started. Reason being, if Namor's biological aspects are Atlantean then he's just as susceptible to Mera's abilities as the Atlanteans in the Aquaman comic, and Mera had killed 3 of them by controlling water she was able to access through a crack in a wall (Aquaman #25) let alone having access to a river or small pond.

Arthur's trident is just icing on top.

No Caption Provided

Owie

The fight starts 50' apart. Sue goes invisible, makes Namor invisible, and puts a forcefield around Arthur's trident, forcing him to drop it. Namor goes off and beats on Arthur. Regardless of who's stronger or more durable (and Namor did survive a sword in the heart, followed by Black Bolt yelling at him, followed by falling to a planet's surface from orbit, all of which just knocked him out briefly), an invisible Namor with his own trident beats Aquaman without his trident.

Meanwhile, in character, Sue puts a forcefield around herself flies in the air, and shoots a series of force balls at Mera. This doesn't knock Mera out, she's too durable. Mera meanwhile is trying to figure out where Sue is and calls on the nearby water to make hard-water objects, trying to shotgun them all around and see if she can find Sue by haphazard distribution. This may or may not work. Sue, meanwhile, realizing her forceballs aren't doing anything, puts a forcefield around Mera and imprisons her, as she effortlessly did to numerous powerful heroes in the last Avengers when she couldn't even see them. If Namor hasn't already taken down Aquaman, she puts him in a forcefield too.

Mera may now try to dehydrate Sue. But not only does she probably not know where she is, Sue's forcefield will quite possibly block that power from taking effect. Regardless, it seems to take a while to dehydrate someone, and in that time Sue can easily send both Mera and Arthur away, winning through either incapacitation or BFR. Or, if desired, by cutting off the air supply through the field and winning through KO.

MadeinBangladesh

I DON'T KNOW MAN!!! TOOOO DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN CLOSEEEEE TO CALL!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

Well, it looks like Aquaman is ending his run with a record of 3 wins and 1 loss. Not bad, Arthur! Our next Character of the Month will be Green Lantern (John Stewart), so feel free to make battle suggestions for him in the comments below or via Twitter.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yessss

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

GL(John) vs Nova(Richard)

Corps Member vs Corpse Member

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't agree with the results but great debating nonetheless. As I said the outcome of this fight would be decided by the women.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting was more of a popularity contest then a battle.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems right

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely agree with the results, people seriously underestimate Mera, the fact that they are a much better tag team helps too

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6
deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Another mashup I made for the Aquaman Shrine.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lewismcgregor: That's excellent! Next time be sure to tag me and I'll include it!

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people probably aren't gonna be happy with this outcome, and waste little time in making that clear. Just like with some other certain battles that happened.

But such is what it is with Popularity Contests.

Either way, regardless of what popularity so states. The debate says an proved otherwise. So that in itself is something, and one people should be content with, even if it an their effort doesn't get celebrated with it's own article and all lol.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BS Arthur and Mera should have won

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

i dont like but i cant do anything but wait for the next battle of the month

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

A lot of people probably aren't gonna be happy with this outcome, and waste little time in making that clear. Just like with some other certain battles that happened.

Either way, regardless of what popularity so states. The debate says an proved otherwise. So that in itself is something, and one people should be content with, even if it an their effort doesn't get celebrated with it's own article and all lol.

Even though there's 3 posts highlighted which support Namor and Invisible Woman...?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire debate was simply about 3 people saying. "Mera's powers could not work through the force field and here is the proof why." With about 5 people on the other side going "nuh uh i ignore your proof my team has to win." The only reason it was so debated was that morons continue to argue with on panel facts.

Avatar image for street_level_hero
Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcbean said:

BS Arthur and Mera should have won

Ummm they did win: 58% to 38%

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@dark_stranger said:

Even though there's 3 posts highlighted which support Namor and Invisible Woman...?

I was referring towards an overall type of article. Not just one part of an article showing/highlighting the support for the opposite character/team that was deemed the losers.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for street_level_hero
Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets see green lantern vs quasar

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battles for Black History month:

- Green Lantern free for all (Stewart vs Jordan vs Rayner vs Guy vs Baz)

- John Stewart vs Nova

- John Stewart vs Beta Ray Bill

- John Stewart vs Bill O'Reilly

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

What the hell!?!?!? SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DRAW!!!

~MiB

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Cap10nate

GL(John) vs Nova(Richard)

This is what I want to see as well.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@serrure said:

Heh you think this is bad mate? Next month's COTM is John Stewart unfortunately and Lanterns are very difficult to match up in fair battles. I imagine you'll have some suggestions though?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@madeinbangladesh: Clearly had the argument of the week.

I abstained from voting since I only know little bits about Aquaman and Namor and really next to nothing on Sue and Mera, but there were many interesting debates to be had this week. Good matchup.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@granitesoldier said:

I abstained from voting since I only know little bits about Aquaman and Namor and really next to nothing on Sue and Mera, but there were many interesting debates to be had this week. Good matchup.

I couldn't resist. Besides, I stopped calling them arguments of the week a long time ago. Now it's just seeing what the community had to say!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@k4tzm4n: Oh I know. I'm speaking for the community when I say he had the argument of the week haha.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@serrure said:

Heh you think this is bad mate? Next month's COTM is John Stewart unfortunately and Lanterns are very difficult to match up in fair battles. I imagine you'll have some suggestions though?

i thought it was Panther...

oh crap!

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I see what you did there :3

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@serrure said:

@lvenger said:

@serrure said:

i thought it was Panther...

oh crap!

Nope, Stewart took a massive lead for some unimaginable reason. He went from 18% of the votes to 30% in a couple of days.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Oh I know. I'm speaking for the community when I say he had the argument of the week haha.

Well in that case yeah, he most definitely did!

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I honestly agree with the results, I think if they fight near water that Mera is Sue's equal.And seeing as how it's a fight between 2 kings of the Sea, there is no way it would not be close to water.

And Arthur is definitely stronger than Namor, so once Namor is done, they can take down Sue.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By serrure

@lvenger: ahh no im going into hiding. after a month ill leave a burner cell for you to contact me to let me know if i should remain in hiding(aka its another powerhouse) or if its safe (aka not a powerhouse)

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@k4tzm4n said:

@granitesoldier said:

I couldn't resist. Besides, I stopped calling them arguments of the week a long time ago. Now it's just seeing what the community had to say!

Oh man my argument finally made it!!!!

~MiB

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- John Stewart vs Nova

Best joke on this site I've seen

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This is what Mera can hold back

No Caption Provided

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, i totally would have thought Sue could jump make a force field in each of their brains then just expand them...

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

LOL FANBOYS KNOW NO BOUNDS

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

wow, i totally would have thought Sue could jump make a force field in each of their brains then just expand them...

You shouldn't expect this when Aquaman fanboys who have IQ's less than 54, vote.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

- John Stewart vs Nova

Ummm pretty Sure John would Get Wrecked, Beta Ray Bill Nearly Killed Galactus

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course the Atlantean dream team beats the team mom and her side-dude. :P

For John Stewart month...

John Stewart vs Starfire

John Stewart vs Nova

John Stewart and Guy Gardner vs Iron Man and War Machine

John Stewart and Hawkgirl vs Angel and Psylocke

John Stewart vs Quasar

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

- John Stewart vs Nova

Ummm pretty Sure John would Get Wrecked, Beta Ray Bill Nearly Killed Galactus

Loading Video...

MaddLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has really gotten out of control. No way in H EEE double hockey puck can Mera take Sue Storm. Sue has faced galactic level adversaries over and over. She has twice the experience in battle and her force fields have been hit by the Hulk! They're rated to withstand class 100 strength and her shock waves have been able to hurt Titania and Mera isn't half as strong as Titania.

All she has to do is wait for Aquaman to shoot whatever it is the trident shoot, create a tube around it, channel it back to him or hit Mera with it. Heck, she could split it so they both get hit.

Someone said that Because Namor got taken out by Black Panther, he's basically a punk now.... and yet these are the same people who think Batman takes the entire universe on as long as he has the proper prep time. Batman vs Black Panther isn't even a fair fight in terms of brains, tactical prowess or technology.

MaddLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Granted, He was stalking Galactus and Destroying the Planets before Galactus(Galactus ate Bill's Planet) could feast on them, starving him. And then for some crazy reason Bill sacrificed himself to save Galactus.

Warathusis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one represented Namor fairly at all. Especially since all everyone kept telling me is the bullshit "Has to be recent feats or doesn't count."

And I just love how every Aquaman and Mera, pretty much everyone in general conveniently forgot Namor has the same f*cking trident as Aquaman's that can do everything it can do except shoot lightning!

If this was Pre AvX Namor his feats and power level would have over come Aquaman. And his Durability would have been more than a match for Mera's quite convenient "Dehydration Power". Oh she can summon Tidal Wave's and Tsumani's? What coincidence so can Namor!! But nope. Aquman's New 52 fanboost gave him the win.

The only reason Aquaman won is because DC did not let him fade into obscurity like Marvel did with Namor.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@lvenger said:

@serrure said:

Next month's COTM is John Stewart

He is? Last time checked Panther was leading the pack.. guess that's cause I didn't check everyday..

EDIT: I just saw the article. LOL.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Granted, He was stalking Galactus and Destroying the Planets before Galactus(Galactus ate Bill's Planet) could feast on them, starving him. And then for some crazy reason Bill sacrificed himself to save Galactus.

The reason Bill sacrificed himself is because if Galactus is killed Creation will collapse in on itself.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another BS poll outcome. Sue would solo and there wasn't one good argument as to why she couldn't.