Battle of the Week: Nightwing, Red Hood vs Punisher, Winter Soldier

• 99 results
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Battle of the Week: Nightwing, Red Hood vs Punisher, Winter Soldier (92 votes)

Punisher and Winter Soldier 46%
Nightwing and Red Hood 49%
Too close to call 5%

Battle of the Week: Nightwing, Red Hood vs Punisher, Winter Soldier

Another early start for you folks. This match a street level tag team base on the popular Captain America vs Batman fights. this time we have two people who were Captain America face off against two sidekicks of Batman. out of these two teams, who would win?

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character. Both using their powers at their best.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • DC is Pre/New 52. Punisher is his normal self, and Bucky is Winter Soldier.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. They're in a 2x2 block area which is unpopulated, but everything around that section is full of civilians and both characters are aware of this. It takes place during the night, and they start roughly 2000 feet apart and visible.
  • Both have only standard gear. As in gear they used more than once.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.
No Caption Provided

So who wins this battle? The Batman train duo, or the former Captain Americans?

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and others to bring these fantastic matches back. My self, and others are working on a vote thread in general discussion to help bring more battles every week.

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nightwing and Red Hood.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sy8000

Marvel team. I think Bucky is above Nightwing or Red Hood noticeably.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Batbros, I'll go in detail later.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

The Robins win. Grayson and Todd both have an instinctual teamwork that the Marvel duo can't compete with. Their training under Batman (and Jason's training under Grayson) along with their fights with and against each other shows they know each other quite well. Punisher and Bucky only have a passing relationship, thats actually gonna be quite a disadvantage here.

One of the only advantages the Marvel team has here is range. But that's nullified by their morals IMHO. Neither Bucky or Punisher shoot heroes. While on the other hand Jason has been shown to shoot Nightwing, Red Robin, and Robin before. Another thing working against the Marvel team is the 2000 foot starting distance, this gives the Batteam the option to stealth attack them. Both Grayson and Todd have been shown to be able to sneak up on Batman, who by feats has just as good as situational awareness as Daredevil, who Bucky and Punisher fail to fully sneak up on.

If this fight really does turn into a gunfight, Grayson and Todd can still evade and close the distance. Grayson dodging KGBeast and Deathstroke both at range and pointblank proves he can handle either shooter here. Todd, has dodged several shooters armed with various firearms and Mr. Freeze at the same time. Another thing is both of the Robins use smoke and flashbangs to cover their trail or distract their opponent.

Once the fight gets to CQC, then team Marvel is pretty screwed. Nightwing vs Winter Soldier: Grayson is faster and more agile, while Bucky is stronger. I think this really comes down to experience in facing a similar threat. In Grayson's later fights with Deathstroke, he has disarmed him, evaded him, and bloodied him. That alone says he has what it takes to fight an inferior opponent like Winter Soldier. While when Bucky fights someone agile like Black Widow or Daredevil he can't tag them, and has significant trouble in H2H. Red Hood vs Punisher: Jason is just clearly superior in nearly every way in a CQC fight. Is Jason faster? Yes. More skilled? Yeah. Better at avoidance? Of course. Is Jason more durable? Yeah, he actually is. Him tanking punches from people above his weight class like Forerunner, Donna Troy, and Brick all prove he is more durable. Punisher has only one advantage, pain tolerance, but that is basically nothing considering he is gonna be getting hit a hell of a lot more then Jason is. While Punisher has pretty realistic gear, basic firearms, small knives, maybe a couple grenades, Jason has a blend of alien tech, indestructible magic swords, and incredibly high tech stuff from both his and Arsenal's resources. Jason can literally end this fight with one attack, be it with a pressure point strike or an over powered taser. If the fights go the other way, Red Hood vs Winter Soldier and Nightwing vs Punisher, I don't see the outcomes being much different. Jason would have a slightly harder time against Bucky considering he has an impact resistant suit and has feats against tasers, but ultimately Todd would go for All-Blades faster then Barnes goes for his arm taser. Nightwing would evade Punishers every hit and put him down with his electric escrima sticks (which don't even need to touch you) or his full suit taser.

Robins win this at least 7 outta 10 times.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@undefined: The one thing that kind of bothers me is that Nightwing is the only one here that does not use guns so it kind unevens the fight especially since Punisher and WS are highly trained in the use of firearms and I do not believe that anyone can physically beat WS here

Therefore, team Marvel takes it, no one solos and no one stomps but in the end they have to take it due to their determination, training, and firepower

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

So, does Red Hood have venom and all-blades?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, does Red Hood have venom and all-blades?

He hasn't used venom for a long ass time, yeah he still has allblades, and yeah he actually uses them often.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@allstarsuperman: Ah, those all-blades might give team 1 the win. I'm not going to fully commit myself to either side yet but they do give Jason quite a bonus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have always seen Punisher as just a guy with a gun.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank & Bucky.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Don't underestimate him. He has given Wolverine problems.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under biased writers..........

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batbros

I'll post scans tomorrow morning, going to work now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: he gave Daken hell as well, even if he died in the end so would have Nightwing or Red Hood, if you were to brought that last part up :)

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah, but I don't see dying as being that impressive, anybody here could have hurt Daken before dying as well.

thepunisher95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thepunisher95

@jayc1324 said:

"Just a guy with a gun"

Sure

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nite_Nite

I see Red Hood taking out Punisher. Soon as he can get in close to do it. Because if they're both shooting then they'll be preoccupied for a bit.

Nightwing should've been Agent 37 from his Grayson run. That guy uses guns. Him and WS in h2h would result in soldier gaining upper hand. That left arm ain't no joke. Really it's about will Jason beat Frank in time to Help Grayson. Or will Bucky beat Nightwing to help Frank.

The winner is the person who can aid the next man first. I say Jason could defeat Frank before WS can chase down and catch Nightwing. Nightwing doesn't have guns here so he'll be playing hide n seek.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jashro44

@allstarsuperman said:
@somayareece said:

Under biased writers..........

Not always. Frank did give wolverine a tough fight during wolverine volume 2 issue 186:

He even did show the ability to shoot wolverine when wolverine was actually trying to dodge his bullets. What makes this even more impressive is Frank Terri wrote this showing in response to Garth Ennis portrayal of wolverine so this time the bias writing is on the other foot (which is why Frank is implied to be gay at the end). All though admittedly wolverine did stomp Frank during there mini in the jungle but the point is Frank has held his own outside of Garth Ennis.

Also in regards to Franks showing against Daken I don't think either nightwing or Jason have a pain tolerance showing on that level.

@jayc1324 said:

A guy with a gun can be a very dangerous thing. Deadshot for example can arguably beat batman if he didn't hold back. Just because Frank doesn't use any fancy kung-fu moves doesn't make him less dangerous than someone who does.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

Anyways I think Bucky is the MVP and I do think Frank can beat Jason with high difficulty but lose to nightwing; however the robins should have the edge in team synergy. So I am thinking to close to call but I am curious about what the arguments will be.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh I wanted Captian America vs Deadshot but this will do

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Guns are dangerous.

Or so I've heard anyways.

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

#26  Edited By RolandAlderas

Red Hood and Nightwing take this. There are a plenty of things that favor them in this fight. It wouldn't be easy but I can't really see them losing.

They both are agile enough to dodge gunfire and both of their suits are actually bullet proof or at least offer some protection from guns. Once they get close, both Jason and Dick have better close range weapons in the all-blades and the escrima sticks that give them advantages over the Marvel duo that I can't see them overcoming. Even if they are unarmed and engage the team in a close combat they hold advantages in skill over both of them and have the talents to win there as well. The only way I see them losing the battle is if they attempt to stay at a range and fight the Marvel duo because they do lack the long range firepower that both Frank and Bucky are bringing to the table here. Even with that said, there are plenty of objects to use for cover in this setting and both are agile enough to close in and take this fight up close and personal where they hold all the advantages.

The biggest reason they are going to overcome the Marvel duo here though is teamwork. Being trained by Batman, fighting with each other on multiple occasions, and fighting against each other on multiple occasions gives the Bat duo very extensive knowledge of each other. They pretty much are brothers, even if they act like they hate each other at times. In this scenario, they are going to play to each other's strengths and use their knowledge and teamwork to win here.

Factor in all these advantages they hold then throw in the gear that both use on a constant basis and I cannot see them getting beaten here. It will be an interesting fight and one of them might go down in the process but they should win in a close battle.

Great fight SFW.

Nightwing/Red Hood win 6/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Votes are 50/50

wow

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28 HigorM  Moderator

Nice battle! I'll drop my two cents in a bit..

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

32 votes and still tied.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky is superior to either Dick or Jason. Frank can beat Jason and split with Dick. Team Bucky for the win.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By SpinnerComix
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman

People need to stop saying Frank can beat Jason. It's just so untrue.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Because?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Half the internet says your wrong. :)

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Loading Video...

Half the internet says your wrong. :)

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Was Deadshot vs Captain America even considered? Just wondering.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Was Deadshot vs Captain America even considered? Just wondering.

Nope. not this time anyway. Deadshot vs Cap is a battle argued alot where Cap wins. We can work something with Deadshot in a bit though. Maybe a Deadshot, and Green Arrow vs Bullseye and Hawkeye.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: yeah fan votes with people who only watch movies and maybe at best read a wiki or two....that means a lot.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: yeah fan votes with people who only watch movies and maybe at best read a wiki or two....that means a lot.

Dont be salty, debate it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Bullseye vs Deadshot it's even Fair, Deadshot Slaughters, The only thing Bullseye has on Deadshot is Combat Skill, But that's Negated by Floyd's Armor, Bullseye's Bullet Timing Feats are limited, which is unfortunate against someone who can tag speedsters, It also doesn't help Bullseye isn't exactly Bulletproof, While Deadshot is

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@bullet_to_the_head said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Bullseye vs Deadshot it's even Fair, Deadshot Slaughters, The only thing Bullseye has on Deadshot is Combat Skill, But that's Negated by Floyd's Armor, Bullseye's Bullet Timing Feats are limited, which is unfortunate against someone who can tag speedsters, It also doesn't help Bullseye isn't exactly Bulletproof, While Deadshot is

Lester's also more agile and has better reflexes (he's blocked a bullet on at least three occasions) - he's not just a better hand-to-hand combatant. While Floyd's armor does protect him, it doesn't render him invulnerable/immune to attacks. Point is, Deadshot vs. Bullseye is one hell of a match - one which I view as not only fair, but also highly entertaining. I tend to side with Floyd in that one (I think his no-nonsense approach would serve him well, especially since Lester's arrogant and would possibly want to toy/mess with a fellow marskman), but Lester's tactics (love for ricochet shots and cheap attacks) and superior close combat skills could make things very, very interesting in the right setting.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Lester's also more agile and has better reflexes (he's blocked a bullet on at least three occasions)

When he deflects the bullet off his prison cuffs and into the shooter's eye........that was just awesome.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

48 votes and tied again

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batbros

I'll post scans tomorrow morning, going to work now.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
As you can see Red Hood was capable of Fighting Batman evenly, was able to one shot Lady Shiva, and Beating Ra's Al Ghul in  sword fight. Jason's Main Advantage over everyone will be his all Blades. They can't be broken by anyone on the other Team
As you can see Red Hood was capable of Fighting Batman evenly, was able to one shot Lady Shiva, and Beating Ra's Al Ghul in sword fight. Jason's Main Advantage over everyone will be his all Blades. They can't be broken by anyone on the other Team
No Caption Provided