Battle of the Week: Madara vs Magneto

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Poll Battle of the Week: Madara vs Magneto (260 votes)

Magneto 57%
Madara 37%
Too close to call 6%

Battle of the Week: Madara vs Magneto

This week is a special Manga vs Comics match. Manga is comics too you know, and the fan base for such cannot be ignored. For this match we pit the X-Mens most powerful foe against Naruto's most powerful foe. A match of geniuses with god like abilities.

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • This Six Paths Madara, and Magento at his consistent best.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. They're in a 2x2 block area which is unpopulated, but everything around that section is full of civilians and both characters are aware of this. It takes place during the middle of the day, and they start roughly 2000 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Both have only standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.
No Caption Provided

So who wins this powerhouse of destruction? Will the all powerful ninja pull the lead, or the master of magnetism? Have fun Viners.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and others to bring these fantastic matches back. My self, and others are working on a vote thread in general discussion to help bring more battles every week.

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Yo damn

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Sy8000  Online

I don't think this was a very good idea, but maybe some interesting arguments will be presented.

As it is, I think Madara's only hope would be a speedblitz, but he never showed significant offensive speed in this form and really only had reaction feats.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six paths Madara has plenty of hax. Based on raw power alone, it's a push in Magneto's favor, I believe. Versatility goes to Madara, as well as speed. Durability to magneto (because of shields, physically Madara is more durable). Honestly, I think it's pretty close.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flash1812

Mags takes it as hes power has never shown a limit so he can take out madara and his sheilds are very strong based on the fact he can take out anyone with metal I would say he wins

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being in the City, Magneto has plenty of Ammo to work with. However, I see it as an extremely difficult task for him to tag Madara, he will but not as consistently as we'd like. Madara has a wide range of offensive capabilities, from summoning meteors, giant poison gas, to limbo clones and the near insta disintegrating truth orbs. I'm sure Mags at his best has tanked blasts that outmatch what Madara could put out.

The caveat to this fight is going to be Madara's limbo clones,while Madara will be hard pressed to get through Magneto's shields, Magneto won't even have the means or knowledge to put those things down, so in probably the biggest battle of Attrition..Madara will take this with extreme difficulty 6.5/10.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good fight have to think about this more on who I think takes it

eliah1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara takes this he can block anything Mags throws at him via TSB shield and he also has good offensive like meteors, limbo, TSB's and Genjutsu.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto reverses the iron in Madara's bloodstream.

GG.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reserving judgment as I want to see good well thought out arguments for both characters.

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Close match...

Avatar image for cosmic-tactician
cosmic-tactician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this I an interesting battle the two are both incomprehensibly strong at their very best both having taken down whole armies with minimal effort I have to give this one to madara though for a couple of reasons one of which being not just his limbo but his wood clones as well those bad boys would be near completely immune to magnus's magnetic assaults same with the wood dragons not to mention the clones could create susanoos. another being speed plus genjutsu both of which madara is very skilled with for those saying six paths madara doesn't have the same speed showings as regular madara I ask why would integrating himself with the shinju in anyway make him slower or take away his speed feats it wasn't a new 52 or anything he would in theory be just as fast iif not faster and genjutsu could also severly slow down magnetos reaction time and he has no response to it. the last reason I give it to madara is simply put experience....here me out any disgrunteled fans im not saying that magneto hasn't been in his fair share of fights but madara has been doing this since he was a kid and continued to do it till he was too old to move by which time he trained someone else to fight in his place, then upon resurrection not but 16 years later he starts doing it again madara is battle adept and experienced to the highest caliber that coupled with his sharingan gives him everything he needs to analyse and pick apart even the wisest of opponents given time.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close fight, it might end in a stalemate because both have formidable shields and both have a wide arsenal of attacks.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Koays

Really close...I give it to Magneto after a brawl because despite taking a pretty hard hit from Madara's versatility, Magneto's resourcefulness will likely win it for him...likely with a thin metal attack at the last minute

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MudaMudaMuda

It's sad that we never got to see this Madara go all out...

Anyway, being in a city really disadvantages Madara (too much metal for Magneto to control) but at the same time most of Magneto's metal based attacks will be useless against him as he can surround himself with the truth seeking orbs causing the metal to get atomized on touch, thus considerably limiting Magneto's options. Madara should also have a decent speed and overall strength advantage over Magneto though I guess it's mostly hax that will decide the winner of this battle and God knows they are both haxed beyond belief.

Magneto's ability to control the iron in a person's bloodstream will be a huge issue for Madara, but not one that's impossible to deal with as he has already survived having sand injected directly into his bloodstream and getting his heart destroyed by Sasuke with no-issue thanks to his healing factor. And while I doubt that the iron in Madara's blood would be enough to destabilize him since it's amount is pretty much negligible compared to the Juubis size (that doesn't have any blood as far as I know), but even if it were to work, Madara can still make dozens of wood clones which would allow him to attack and defend even if immobilized.

Madara's Chibaku tensei could seem like a good option against Magneto since it could trap him inside a mini-moon made from the land mass of this battlefield, but considering this arena is a city with lots of metal in it, this could back-fire against him as Magneto has already demonstrated that he could rip a mountain apart through it's iron.

There are a lot of factors to consider here, most notably how is Madara going to get past Magneto's shield which have some pretty amazing durability feats and how is Magneto going to kill and keep Madara down when he can rewrite reality to come back to life (supposedly indefinitely through the rinnegan) and I really don't have an answer for either.

So overall, I think I'll vote too close to call until I see more arguments from both sides.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pretty good match. I will side with Madara though due to his regeneration (he can even rewrite reality to turn all damage into an illusion), clones, speed, and ability to deatomize matter. And if things get really bad, he'll just take Magneto's soul, killing him instantly.

Overall, Madara has better hax and versatility.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

Magneto reverses the iron in Madara's bloodstream.

GG.

Madara won't die, he's survived having his heart destroyed and sand in his bloodstream.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara curbs hard.

Comicexplorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara can't use his genjutsu against Magneto, his helmet prevent that. Madara is faster, Magneto will have to be merciless and all out, he can use every metal in the city, in the earth itself and even in the sky and space ( like satelite).

Magneto can and will win.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicexplorer: genjutsu is completely different from telepathy. It's using the life energy of the victim to create illusions. Also, Madara's truthseeker orbs pretty much atomize whatever they touch, so just throwing metal at him probably won't work. I believe this battle is much closer than people realize, and I'm going with too close to call until further notice

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Magneto wins because I don't know who Madara is.

Argument of the week goes to me!

(And no, I didn't actually vote for Magneto. I won't vote until all of the arguments are presented.)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Magneto wins because I don't know who Madara is.

Argument of the week goes to me!

(And no, I didn't actually vote for Magneto. I won't vote until all of the arguments are presented.)

;p

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Does Magneto instantly go for messing with someone's iron in their blood directly at the start of the fight? I'm not sure how Magneto deals with Limbo clones that he won't be able to see.....

But if Magneto does instantly mess with Madara's blood in-character I'm not sure.

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku said:

@comicexplorer: genjutsu is completely different from telepathy. It's using the life energy of the victim to create illusions. Also, Madara's truthseeker orbs pretty much atomize whatever they touch, so just throwing metal at him probably won't work. I believe this battle is much closer than people realize, and I'm going with too close to call until further notice

That doesn't make any damn sense at all, nor does it differentiate it from TP, if they both are meant to effect the mind. Also magnetos shield have blocked beams from foes as powerful as galactics, if mags is amped, madaras orbs aint getting through.

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto wins this with ease

Speed is in mags favor he has amped himself to have ftl reactions before

Durablilty also in mags favor next to nothing has gotten past his sheilds

Genjutsu will not work

He can sense the limbo clones threw the em spectrum possibly affect them as well

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madaras healing factor give him the edge, Guy took off almost half of Madaras body and Madara healed back.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HigorM  Moderator

Can someone please present some feats for Madara?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

Can someone please present some feats for Madara?

http://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/2bdd7p/respect_madara_uchiha/

this one is pretty good

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm:

here's a feat.

After taking Guy's "Night Guy" Madara quickly regenerates the massive area of his body that had been destroyed

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling Magneto will win this poll, thought i think Madara wins

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto at his consistent best? Mags with little difficulty. Mags already destroyed naruto and sasuke in another thread I was debating in, until the magneto was changed to post AvX magneto who has little feats.

This mags wins

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just for the record Magneto has shown issues manipulating the iron in people with super human durability before. Just throwing that out there.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HigorM  Moderator

@cgoodness: Thanks, I'll check it out.

@sightlessreality: Nice. Not sure if it will help him against the kind of damage Mags can provide.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MudaMudaMuda

@higorm:

here's a feat.

After taking Guy's "Night Guy" Madara quickly regenerates the massive area of his body that had been destroyed

I'd like to point out that attack from Guy could distort space and that the Madara who tanked it was a weaker Madara before absorbing the Shinju. Post-Shinju Madara didn't even care about being cut in half.

He regenerated half of his body after that as well :

No Caption Provided

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara is basically immortal. His truth seeking orbs can go through basically anything. he also has limbo. not to mention he is extremely fast with super human reflexes. I don't really see how Magneto can completely finish him off. An attack from 8 gates guy bent space and that didn't even kill Madara.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'll wait for more info on Mags, but I think Madara limbo clones will grant him the victory.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sy8000  Online

No Caption Provided

I'll wait for more info on Mags, but I think Madara limbo clones will grant him the victory.

I don't know how much limbo clones would hurt Magneto and they don't protect him from an EMP shutting off his brain.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I think people should learn a bit more about Magneto at peak power. I feel like he's getting under estimated a lot here just because Naruto is popular.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: It's not Magneto at his absolute peek power just his most consistent peek power. I don't think he's getting underestimated personally. And I at the very least haven't voted on who wins yet.

I need to see what Mags can do against Ocular Genjutsu & Limbo Clones.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the first BotW with a Naruto character?

Anyways iron in the blood argument won't work against someone who can regen at Madara rate or might be able to physically withstand it.

Honestly Genjutsu should work seeing as in Marvel, those who have telepathy defense are still susceptible to illusion based attacks, especially ones that target the senses.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones said:
No Caption Provided

I don't know how much limbo clones would hurt Magneto and they don't protect him from an EMP shutting off his brain.

Has Mags shields ever protected him from enemies who are basically attacking from a different dimension?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sy8000  Online

@highaccuser said:
@thatguywithheadphones said:
No Caption Provided

Has Mags shields ever protected him from enemies who are basically attacking from a different dimension?

Why wouldn't they? It's not like limbo clones can just ignore anything between them and their targets.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Madara. In the event that he doesn't just straight up blitz Max, Magneto doesn't possess the raw power needed to put him down. TSB protect against any projectile based attacks(as if Madara isn't durable enough to straight up tank it anyway) but Mag's shields aren't holding up to Madara's more powerful offensive attacks. Not to mention Erik won't know to shield himself from Limbo clones, as he has no way of detecting them in the first place.

Also..illusions can and have worked on him in the past.

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BlackKaizer
@hulkage said:

Is this the first BotW with a Naruto character?

Anyways iron in the blood argument won't work against someone who can regen at Madara rate or might be able to physically withstand it.

Honestly Genjutsu should work seeing as in Marvel, those who have telepathy defense are still susceptible to illusion based attacks, especially ones that target the senses.

I dont see how his regan would help with against his blood being extracted.......

No Caption Provided

Or being frozen to near absolute zero

No Caption Provided

Also illusionary users have fooled telepaths before but theres no reason to assume that madara could replicate that, especially with mags wearing his helmet.

Also magnetos sheild has block attacks from the pheonix...twice

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

His shield blocking down to a proton

No Caption Provided

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/2iodrk/respect_magneto/

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackkaizer: it doesn't have to make sense. It's the difference between iron fists chi, and electrical impulses in the body. Tp would affect the electricity, genjutsu would affect the chi. that's how it's explained in the manga and anime.