BATTLE OF THE WEEK --- Erik's Battle Scenario: Capes

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

@erik: How am I wandering aimlessly when I am actively going towards others with the sensing ability?

No player is near you to sense. But I suppose I can put that ability to use.

You sense killers. You sense the presence of killers everywhere, close enough to touch you all the way out as far as your senses can stretch.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@erik: is it possible to travel the path west ?? Argus was once chained and dropped of a pier in a cement boot after he was badly beaten and injured. He can certainly remain under water for some time. If not I go back the way I came. Though I'm confused because I didn't have any other direction choices before the two south way paths. So if I can't pass the water filled tunnel and I completely trapped separately from all other players???

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3353  Edited By Dextersinister

@erik: You said I could sense them at the start and I have been actively moving forward.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: You said I could sense them at the start and I have been actively moving forward.

No you haven't. You have barely moved whereas they have moved a great deal. No one is near you. But you sense plenty of killers at the moment. An overwhelming amount, in fact.

@erik: is it possible to travel the path west ?? Argus was once chained and dropped of a pier in a cement boot after he was badly beaten and injured. He can certainly remain under water for some time. If not I go back the way I came. Though I'm confused because I didn't have any other direction choices before the two south way paths. So if I can't pass the water filled tunnel and I completely trapped separately from all other players???

Sorry I should have been more clear. No path is completely submerged. All water-filled hallways are waist-deep water. So yes, you can travel west. It goes on for 80 meters before a fork takes you either north or south.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: since I'm tired of going south ( one wasted trip) I head North

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3356  Edited By Dextersinister

@erik: I have if you had just let me go on auto mode but anyway for these killers.

My personal experience, won't even need to touch the bats for this, I've seen enough zombie films, I just start firing energy balls at the corpses as I continue forward

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your northern path forks east and west at 30 meters. Faint sounds of battle can be heard from the western path.

@erik: I have if you had just let me go on auto mode but anyway for these killers.

My personal experience, won't even need to touch the bats for this, I've seen enough zombie films, I just start firing energy balls at the corpses as I continue forward

Autopilot defeats the entire purpose of this particular level. So I won't be doing that.

A wise decision with the bodies though. But the presence of the killers intensifies despite your efforts.

Traveling 'forward', you come to a circular room after 100 meters. This room has a 30 meter diameter. It has an eastern and southern exit, in addition to your entrance, which is on the western side of this circular room.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@beatboks1 said:

Your northern path forks east and west at 30 meters. Faint sounds of battle can be heard from the western path.

Ha ha, I cautiously but quickly head west, following these sounds. "Finally" I think "signs of life, and action"

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha ha, I cautiously but quickly head west, following these sounds. "Finally" I think "signs of life, and action"

The west path turns back south again after 20 meters. As you travel down the south path, the fighting becomes more clear and you can hear a stun grenade. One final turn west and you enter a large room. 80x50 meters. In the center, you can see a staircase leading up. You can choose to travel up to the fight or one of the alternate paths out of the room.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3360  Edited By Dextersinister

@erik: If I don't have my phone port back and retrieve it. Set the alarm to go off on the next 10 seconds and slide it into the middle of the room, if no reaction apport it back and silence the alarm, proceed along the rooms perimeter heading east.

When I started frying corpses did any of the ones in the distance begin to move?

You may also want to consider starting a new thread soon, large threads start to act up on this site.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3361  Edited By Erik

@erik: If I don't have my phone port back and retrieve it. Set the alarm to go off on the next 10 seconds and slide it into the middle of the room, if no reaction apport it back and silence the alarm, proceed along the rooms perimeter heading east.

When I started frying corpses did any of the ones in the distance begin to move?

No bodies moved.

Your phone has caused a reaction though. A rumbling in the center of the room can be heard. Out of the flooring crawls one of these babies:

No Caption Provided

It will not stay in the room.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...interesting. So these are catacombs also inhabited by monstrous creatures. Well, I expect no less from Erik, I suppose.

I have the sudden urge to tame one and ride it around the map like "I AM THE BEAST MASTER! HAHA! GET ON MY LEVEL!"

But that would probably be against the rules...

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: Probably more a matter of safely taming one.

@erik: No idea what that is so I'll teleport to the opposite side of the nearest body of water I crossed and start whistling and see if it follows, If it emerges start firing some balls

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#3364  Edited By kidman560

@erik: @omgomgwtfwtf@lvenger@higorm

After Lvengers Flash Bang went off I was blinded... wanting to keep moving i made a jump to my right... as soon as i can i drop 2 smoke grenades and when my vision returns and put on my thermal headset... I'd raise my bionic arm ready to fire off some repulsor blasts at anything coming my way

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Lvengers Flash Bang went off I was blinded... wanting to keep moving i made a jump to my right... as soon as i can i drop 2 smoke grenades and when my vision returns and put on my thermal headset... I'd raise my bionic arm ready to fire off some repulsor blasts at anything coming my way

I burn out your retinas with my Nth Metal and then throw a frag grenade and a nerve gas grenade at your location.

Good game :P

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just gained a whole bunch of respect for you in these games. Good move.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3367  Edited By kidman560

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@kidman560 said:

I burn out your retinas with my Nth Metal and then throw a frag grenade and a nerve gas grenade at your location.

Good game :P

lol and you know where i am because? also Higorm threw poison daggers from behind me... your now dead... good game

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_ said:

...interesting. So these are catacombs also inhabited by monstrous creatures. Well, I expect no less from Erik, I suppose.

I have the sudden urge to tame one and ride it around the map like "I AM THE BEAST MASTER! HAHA! GET ON MY LEVEL!"

But that would probably be against the rules...

THERE ARE NO RULES!

But seriously, if you have the skills or powers to tame creatures that would be super funny.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3370  Edited By beatboks1

@erik: I head toward the action in full shadow meld mod and stealth

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I think you inadvertently made a murder pit the way things are going.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3372  Edited By Dextersinister
OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3373  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@kidman560:

Because poison daggers can really penetrate Nth Metal or fly past 40 meters lol?

And my nifty computer lets me know where people are...I posted several scans of this and mentioned it many times more.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3374  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@erik:

Yeeehaw I'm heading South towards that noise!.....Carefully

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: lol but you didnt mention any of that here... you didnt say you used it... you didnt even say how you burn my eye lids out, just that you did (real descriptive) -__- take your time to post a coherent and full post and ill get back to it in the morning

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560:

Everything that is needed has been posted. You are wearing thermal goggles, I can create fire with Nth metal. All you gonna see is red. You will be blind. I will throw grenades. Gas or concussive force will kill you.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3377  Edited By Fetts

@ferro_vida

You did NOT just quote the got dang wiki for one of my favourite characters at me. I'm going to do to you what Germany did to Brazil.

I'm only reading what Danny's reflexes are without Chi. It goes on to say how with Chi, Danny's reflexes are superhuman and such and such. Granted, I probably could used something more compelling than a wiki but I think I was a little lazy at the time I was typing that segment.

First off, your cheese puffs remark is irrelevant. Second, you are misrepresenting the power suit. If the boots were made entirely of solid metal then not only would it be impossible to walk in them, they would also have absolutely no means of gripping most surfaces. Even if they were made of two or three different segments to allow some movement both of these things would still be true. The soles of the boots would need to be made of some sort of material that grips surfaces in order to be of ANY kind of use, especially since the varia suit is designed to function in any environment. The power suit was not this loud, clunky suit of armour in ANY incarnation. Stop misrepresenting it.

The cheese puffs remark was to serve as an example. Just because you have Black Panther's stealth doesn't mean you can get away undetected in all situations.

At no point did I say that it was ridicuously loud and clunky. I even said this

Your armor may not be ridiculously clanky.

My point is though,

if it is a slightly higher noise difference according to the human ear, it'd still be a significant difference according to Boba Fett's audio filters due to how highly sensitive they are.

As for the grip,

Loading Video...

if you'd divert your attention to 2:55 and pause there, we get a close-up of the boots. Guess what? No grip. No grooves in the sole that'd indicate that these boots have the grip you're looking for. Now I don't doubt the armor was made to function in all environments, but in a universe such as the Metroid Universe, it's perfectly possible that there's a different type of technology that enables the suit to do so.

Furthermore, if you continue watching the video, you'll find that at cutscenes such as 3:54, 9:27, and 11:05, that it certainly sounds like her boots are indeed made of metal. You'll also notice that in each circumstance, she can still be heard despite the fact that she is moving slowly and carefully the same way you are in this situation.

Any sounds I make would be magnified by the hallway. But you know what else? According to the original post sounds from anywhere will be magnified. If your audio filter is as powerful as you have suggested it is then it would be picking up sounds from all over this floor. Because every sound that anyone is making would be magnified. A couple of shotgun blasts just went off somewhere close to you, and other people all over this floor are beginning to fight each other. Not to mention the noise that you are making.

First of all, I thought it was mentioned somewhere that the actions of each player isn't in the same time table as everybody else. Secondly, if that wasn't the case, the chances of these sounds going off at the same exact time as I would hear you are a) low and b) irrelevant. The contenders have been moving throughout the maze at different speeds and have been traveling through different distances. Their encounters are more than likely to occur before or after our own encounter. And I've already proven that I can hear extremely quite noises over loud noises anyways. Thirdly, we can't even be certain in the first place that I'd hear each individual fight because we don't know how long this maze is.

And what noise am I'm making exactly? All I've done is stand and analyze the M57 trip wire with my HUD. That doesn't exactly require a lot of noise, or just about any noise for that matter.

And how exactly can the audio filter focus in on one particular sound? How does it know what precise sound is relevant to your situation? Is it controlled by an AI? Does Boba Fett have a telepathic link to it? It cannot pick up on every little sound because the sheer sensory overload would make it ineffective; it would be completely pointless. So how does it know which sounds to focus on? How does it actually work? Because there are a crap ton of little sounds coming at you from EVERY angle.

It's an A.I. What do you mean "focus in on one particular sound relevant to my situation"? That's silly. I'm assuming it simply amplifies any sounds on low sound wave frequencies and partially channels out any sounds on high sound wave frequencies. I mean, there would be a sensory overload otherwise as you said. Given the very loud and explosive arsenal Boba has, he'd probably be deaf if the audio filters didn't partially filter out loud noises. In fact, that's more than likely why it's called an "audio filter".

I cannot believe you just attempted to use a clip from the Expendables to support your point. Gee, I wonder why the main characters in an action movie were able to successfully kill the cannon fodder that was surrounding them? It sure is a mystery.

No... Just. No... You're honestly giving me the "ah gee well they're the good guys so they're obviously gonna beat the bad guys" logic? Because that's certainly what it sounds like. I mean honestly, I could give you the same logic for nearly every single scan that you posted. "Oh gee well Iron Fist is the good guy so he's obviously going to win"... If that logic discredits my feat, then it discredits just about all of the feats that you posted. But it doesn't. The fact that those characters won in no way makes the attributes those feats showcase invalid, and it in no way disproves my point.

The difference between those pirates and me is that I am not giving you the opportunity to draw your weapon after getting the drop on you.

Right because those pirates just gave them the opportunity because they want to die.

Scans six and nine: Ever since Danny was able to study the Book of the Iron Fist, his usage of Chi has become subconscious in several ways. He no longer needs to focus and meditate to heal injuries or to enhance his physical abilities and senses. It is now a passive boost that he has at almost all times.

Fascinating. I wasn't aware of this. It doesn't matter either way however. If you plan to return fire immediately, you won't have time to charge your wave beam for a powerful blast and you will instead fire a blast at normal charge. And as I've already proven, those blasts are far too slow for my reflexes. It doesn't even matter who pulls the trigger first anymore. My bullets and missile will make contact far before your wave beam will.

You post a scan of Deathstroke dodging handgun fire at close range? Well here's a scan of Danny dodging machine gun fire at close range. I'm not going to say that Deathstroke's speed and reflexes are not good. But Danny's is better.

I'm not denying that Iron Fist doesn't have a healthy amount of speed and reflexes. In fact, I might even say his combat speed is better. His reflexes are not though. Deathstroke's reflexes ten times faster than an average low-grade bullet-timer.

Read from right to left

Here Slade dodges a bullet, without his enhancements. And before you say "Oh he probably just dodged aim", when you consider how incredibly topnotch Deathstroke's career is, and the fact that a mercenary of his caliber and experience was complimenting how elite this "cannon fodder" squad is, I sincerely doubt that whoever fired that shot simply just "missed" a target that is un-enhanced at that close of a range. The most logical explanation is that Slade is peak human without his enhancements.

"It also increased my reflexes tenfold"

It makes perfect sense too, seeing how Deathstroke uses 90% of his brainpower, and thus his mind reacts to stimuli by sending neural shocks down our body at a much faster rate than our own minds do. It is also consistent with how he goes head on against teams full of metahumans so often. Needless to say, I'm not saying that Slade's reflexes is ten times faster than Iron Fist. Simply that his reflexes are in the hypersonic range and that in terms of reflexes his faster than Iron Fist's. Furthermore, he is no stranger to reacting to bullets as well.

Read from right to left

The eighth one (from the right) in particular, in my opinion, is practically the greatest bullet dodging feat of all time.

Anywho, we can argue on who's has faster reflexes and who has the faster combat speed all we want. It matters little, because we have both have the reflexes to evade each other's projectiles, and we're not even getting into close quarters combat. However, while I don't deny that you have the power set to deflect bullets, you won't be able to under these certain circumstances. And I'll tell you why in just a bit.

NOW I am going to tell you why your analysis of the scan I posted earlier is ridiculous:

No Caption Provided

Danny is "readying" himself in the same scan that Cap fires three bullets.They are easily no more than ten meter from each other. It had been established in an earlier New Avengers story that Cap used a Luger pistol. The Luger is a semiautomatic firearm with a muzzle velocity that can be anywhere from 350 to 400 meters per second. I'll be conservative and go with the slower value for the purposes of this equation. If the velocity of the bullet is 350 mps and they are approximately ten meters from each other then Danny would have 0.0285 seconds to "ready" himself before Chi-slapping the bullets back at Cap. That is 28.5 milliseconds. If we go with the faster velocity then he has 25 milliseconds to react. And his chosen action there was to actually swat the bullets back. If he was able to react in less than 30 milliseconds with the accuracy to put one of those bullets through Cap's skull then you had better believe he could have just ducked. And he returned fire before Cap was able to get a fourth shot off, so he must have known that he would be able to do that, otherwise he would be risking leaving himself open.

Ok ok. I mean, at first I kinda figured that Danny had that stance up before Bucky started firing. I mean you have to admit, it certainly looks like a classic Karate Kid (the movie, not the gypsy magical character) readying stance. But anywho, after seeing the other scans you've convinced me.

But. My friend. Be prepared to be blown away. Why? Because yes, you have dem reflexes. Yes, you have dat Chi. Yes, you got dat robot swag. But you do not have the ability to even see the bullets in the first place. You have three options for vision. You have thermal vision, you have echo vision, and you have complete darkness. Thermal vision would be of no use to you since bullets don't show up in infrared unless they are incendiary rounds. I am using armor piercing rounds so that's a no-go for you. Complete darkness is self-explanatory. But my favorite is echo vision. Now echo vision is used to detect enemies and objects by visualizing sound waves. Think about where we are. We're in a very compact, narrow tunnel. I'm firing a Desert Eagle. Those suckers are very loud. So just imagine how disoriented your echo vision would be after I fired my Deagle in a tunnel like the one we're in. Sound waves like those would be bouncing off the walls like no tomorrow. Your echo vision would be highly scrambled.

So tell me Ferro, how are you supposed to deflect an array of bullets, when you can't even see them?

You are using a Desert Eagle. The muzzle velocity of a Desert Eagle is roughly 470 mps, but the rounds it fires are much larger than the ones the Luger fires, so their velocity would quickly decrease due to friction. This would still be will within my capabilities to react to.

Yes but you forget that I'm firing the sharper, more angular armor piercing rounds. Friction wouldn't have as great an impact on armor piercing rounds.

As for the missiles you are potentially firing at me, I presume they contain impact sensitive blasting caps. This means that it would be possible for me to catch them. Even if they did go off, Fett's smaller munition missiles are stun and concussive. They are made to take a target alive, not to kill them.

While I'm sure that's true for when they're set on the lower settings, the mini-concussion missiles set on a higher level could easily kill a target by pure concussive force alone. I mean c'mon.

No Caption Provided

You're really calling that^ non-lethal?

Not that I'd use the mini-concussion level on that high of a setting here, but you get the point.

Also, when it comes to "charging his Chi" Danny can focus it soundlessly for attacks like his actual iron fist. The release of energy makes noise, but focusing it does not.

By "focus" do you mean "mental focus" or "charging-Chi-fists focus"? Doesn't matter either way I'm just curious.

The entire crux of your argument is that I am physically inferior to you in every way.

Oh c'mon that's not entirely true. I mean your hair might be better for one thing ;)

Haha, jk. But in all seriousness I addressed this earlier on.

The normal wave beam takes up a whole hallway due to the way it undulates, so unless you can magically shoot me through the unbreakable walls of this maze you are going to have a bad time.

Since when? I showed a video proving otherwise. And even if that was the case, they're still slow enough for me to get some shots of in. And even if they moved faster somehow, then fine I'd take cover behind the corner, and then shoot you. Makes no difference to me. Matter of the fact is that you don't have the necessary vision or vision mode to perceive bullets in a dark tunnel like this.

Anywho,

@erik@ferro_vida Friends! Viners! Fellow swaggers! Welcome to my

Analysis

One of the most effective ways of debating that I've found is proving that not only the character I'm debating for can achieve victory in the best case scenario,but also in the worst case scenario. That is what I'm going to do here. So, let's see what would happen in the

Best Case Scenario

shall we?

Now, best case scenario for me, is the following:

1. I not only hear Ferro's footsteps but I hear the sound of his wave beam charging.
  2. I whip around before he's even fully charged his wave beam and shoot the guy.
  3. Since he doesn't have the vision modes or vision to perceive the bullets traveling his way, he flails his arms around like a monkey in an attempt to deflect them and the armor-piercing bullets go straight through his armor.

And just for kicks, I'll even do the second best case scenario for me.

1. I not only hear Ferro's footsteps but I hear the sound of his wave beam charging.
  2. I whip around and we both fire our shots at the same time. Note: In order for him to get a shot off as quickly as possible, he'll have to ditch charging the wave beam, and thus the wave beam would be as slow as possible since it is at the normal setting.
  3. As proven in the video I've shown, Armor-Piercing Bullets >>>>>>>> Wave Beam. In terms of speed that is. That slow of an energy blast is not clearing 100 meters before a decent amount of bullets reaches Ferro.
  4. He flails his arms around yet again, the bullets make contact, and I dodge the wave beam with the upmost of ease.

Now it is time for

Worst Case Scenario

1. I miraculously don't hear Ferro's footsteps and he gets within 10 meters of me like he planned.
  2. Now in order for him to give me the least amount of warning as much as possible, he'll have to screw charging his wave beam and fire it at a normal setting. He does just that.
  3. As shown earlier Deathstroke can dodge bullets after they're fired from less than 5 feet away. So naturally, I'll be able to react to a projectile that is far slower than bullets from an even greater distance. So I dodge the wave beam with ease.
  4. I take cover behind the west passageway corner, return fire, he flails, bullets hit, Game Over.

And what the heck I'll do the same thing I did last time. Second worst case scenario is

1. I miraculously don't hear Ferro's footsteps and he gets within 10 meters of me like he planned.
  2. Ferro charges his wave beam.
  3. I hear it instantly.
  4. I whip around with my supernaturally fast, Deadshot-like quickdraw and shoot him down. Game Over yet again.

@erik Phew! OK. How about that for a book for ya? :)

@ferro_vida Anywho, I look forward to your rebuttal, I bid you and @erik a good night, and God bless!

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3378  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@erik@omgomgwtfwtf@kidman560

So this is where I step into the fight:

@erik:

You can assume he happened upon you guys in the midst of you both attacking one another. Might as well take it from the point that has been established, which is Lvenger's flashbang.

So far I don't know how omgomgwtfwtf will deal with the flash bang + my moves so I will respond to kidman560.

@kidman560 said:

Considering you are blind now, you must remember my first move was use the flashlight in one direction to illuminate the fight while I was moving to the otherside, after that the first thing I used was a stun grenade, something you both don't expect. Then I used the poison tip daggers + tear gas. After that even if you could dodge the poison daggers, I've also thrown a stun grenade, to see how you both deal with that, I pull away slightly leaving 2 claymores halfway for those who decide to come into my direction. Finally I take my flashlight back, attached to the crossbow, waiting for a bewildered target, considering I'm always ready to engage CQC considering it's kind of hard to sneak up on a precognitive.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3379  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@higorm:

So far I don't know how omgomgwtfwtf will deal with the flash bang + my moves so I will respond to kidman560.

I didn't think I needed to respond to you because the distance between us is pretty large. There is already 40 meters separating me and Kidman, and you're behind him.

And I already explained in an earlier post that your poisoned daggers are a non-issue because they won't be able to travel 40+ meters, penetrate my Nth Metal, or hit me accurately from such a long distance.

Additionally, I asked you in another post what kind of stun grenade you were using because Lvenger already threw a flash-bang. Stun grenade and flash-bang are basically the same thing as the terms are used interchangeably. I'm asking because my response to Lvenger's flash-bang was to form a Nth Metal helmet around my face that will muffle out the debilitating noise and block out the blinding flash.

As for your arrival, I knew you were coming because of my integrated computer's ability to sense approaching peoples and objects. Also, the moment you come into view of me, I will know what your equipment and powers will be.

I'd advise to step a far ways back because my next course of action to kill Kidman with a frag grenade and a nerve gas canister. I don't know if Ghost's suit has an independent air supply or air filtration system, because one sniff of the gas and your body is going to seize up.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: That is one of the biomechanical alien drones from Edge of Tomorrow. Basically a evil metal octopus with about 10 times as many arms that pound, whip, and cut the crap out of you. Basically a giant blender. Trailer clips showing them are scarce because the aliens are supposed to be kind of a scary reveal of the movie but I found one that gives you an idea of how they move. Not of how they fight though, sadly.

Loading Video...

@erik: I head toward the action in full shadow meld mod and stealth

Awesome. Another member has joined the big fight in the stair rooms. Beatboks will be coming up the stairs that Lvenger and OMG came up. So behind the actual fight. Facing him is Kidman, HigorM, and Lvenger is facing him off to the side. Omg has his back to Beatboks.

@erik: I think you inadvertently made a murder pit the way things are going.

It is strange that everyone converged on that one location without a map and all having to take different paths to reach it lol.

@lunacyde said:

@erik:

Yeeehaw I'm heading South towards that noise!.....Carefully

You encounter the fight as well!

HigorM planted two claymores for you. You avoid both for the same reason you avoided the previous one.

HigorM is nearest to you, as he came through the same doorway. Kidman is the next closest. Both have their backs to you. Lvenger is off to your left with his back to the wall, facing all the action and Omg is facing you with Beatboks just barely coming up the stairs.

Woooooooo! Ferro is right. This is a giant murder pit lol.

@omgomgwtfwtf: Using fire wouldn't burn his retinas while he is wearing the thermal goggles. It would just saturate his vision. If he was quick, he could adjust the thermal sensors to compensate. It would be a temporary inconvenience. It might be one that is enough to end him though. I suppose we have to see.

@fetts: That's a huge argument! I am impressed with the amount of time put into it. One thing though, Metroid: Other M is stated by Nintendo to be outside the Prime continuity that Ferro is using and it is far and away disregarded as entirely non-canon and non-enjoyable by almost anyone.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3381  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@erik:

My retina burning was a bit out of place I will admit (I was thinking of night vision and when someone shines a bright light at you). But with that said, my plan will only take moments to implement, since I'm only throwing a frag grenade and a nerve gas canister.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3382  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@erik:

Awesome. Another member has joined the big fight in the stair rooms. Beatboks will be coming up the stairs that Lvenger and OMG came up. So behind the actual fight. Facing him is Kidman, HigorM, and Lvenger is facing him off to the side. Omg has his back to Beatboks.

No Caption Provided

Another person!? Seriously lol. I swear you are not making this easy in the slightest.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I suppose in character I wouldn't know what it is anyway so stick with the original plan of porting then luring it through a corridor and firing upon it.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3384  Edited By Fetts

@erik Bah! That's ok. I've been looking at other pictures and those boots still don't have a tread. In fact in the very picture you're used for him his boots don't have grooves.

No Caption Provided

I'm sure I can find other cutscenes from other games where his boots make at least some noise as well, even though it doesn't need to be that loud in the first place.

Also, when will you decide who wins this battle?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Metroid: Other M is stated by Nintendo to be outside the Prime continuity that Ferro is using and it is far and away disregarded as entirely non-canon and non-enjoyable by almost anyone.

In regards to canon it's the other way round, Other M is canon.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3386  Edited By Erik

@erik: I suppose in character I wouldn't know what it is anyway so stick with the original plan of porting then luring it through a corridor and firing upon it.

Your character has the knowledge and skills of the abilities slot but also all your knowledge and skills up before the game. So if you saw the movie, your character would know what they could do. If you hadn't seen the movie, and it seems you haven't, then yes, dash and blast is probably the best strategy.

You would probably only blow through half your clip for your machine gun, given Batman's excellent firing skills. a

How far back did you teleport?

@omgomgwtfwtf: You can't blame me for this. You guys have been wandering around a map blind! Although, it sure is fun.

@fetts:

No Caption Provided

This the best picture of the Metroid Prime model used in the game but you can clearly see the soles of the suit in Prime have plenty of groves. I really don't like getting in between arguments that are going so well but in the Prime series (and most Metroid games for that matter), running is completely silent and only a faint hiss can be heard from the jump's takeoff and muffled thud upon landing.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3387  Edited By Erik

@dextersinister said:

@erik: Metroid: Other M is stated by Nintendo to be outside the Prime continuity that Ferro is using and it is far and away disregarded as entirely non-canon and non-enjoyable by almost anyone.

In regards to canon it's the other way round, Other M is canon.

Splitting hairs and I used 'almost anyone' separately from what Nintendo has stated. Nintendo stated Other M and Prime are not in the same universe, which is the bottom line.

Most still consider Other M non-canon because of the insanely stupid plot holes and jarring continuity errors it has in addition to just being a crappy game.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3388  Edited By Fetts

@erik Those grooves appear to be inconsistent with the side views though. From the side views, they look completely flat.

Either way, my audio filters have picked up what should be inaudible to the human ear on more than once occasion. I still believe I could hear his footsteps, especially since sound waves bounce a lot more in a compact and narrow tunnel such as this. Furthermore, even if my audio filters didn't hear it, the charging of the wave beam, or just the sound of the blast itself, is more than enough warning for me. Given it's slow speed, I should be able to dodge it without a problem.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Do you have any idea when you will be making your decision?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I'm flinging energy balls, guns seem a bit redundant in comparison.

I stated in my last post that I would teleport across the last pool of water so whatever it is would need to come through that to get me.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: We can't pick and choose canon because we don't like the story, Samus had about as much characterization as Link and Mario before hand which is close to 0 to say it's wrong.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@stormshadow_x: Our debate is on Page 63 if you're still in this.

@erik Tag you in all my posts. Also, to clarify, my guy is keeping an eye on his surroundings (something someone should do anyway in a fight). Just in case someone tries to get the jump on us or whatever. :-P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@erik Those grooves appear to be inconsistent with the side views though. From the side views, they look completely flat.

Either way, my audio filters have picked up what should be inaudible to the human ear on more than once occasion. I still believe I could hear his footsteps, especially since sound waves bounce a lot more in a compact and narrow tunnel such as this. Furthermore, even if my audio filters didn't hear it, the charging of the wave beam, or just the sound of the blast itself, is more than enough warning for me. Given it's slow speed, I should be able to dodge it without a problem.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Do you have any idea when you will be making your decision?

No they don't. Looking at the bottom of my converse shoes (quite the hipster I am), I can see quite a bit of groves that run to the very edge of my sole, where a solid band wraps around that. This solid band is what can be seen to most observers.

I agree that you would hear the shots.

It is over.... WHEN I SAY IT IS OVER!!!

@erik: I'm flinging energy balls, guns seem a bit redundant in comparison.

I stated in my last post that I would teleport across the last pool of water so whatever it is would need to come through that to get me.

Great. Three more pull themselves out of the dirt. Two in front of you, one behind you.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3393  Edited By Erik

@erik: We can't pick and choose canon because we don't like the story, Samus had about as much characterization as Link and Mario before hand which is close to 0 to say it's wrong.

Ugh... I NEVER said it wasn't canon. Christ! I said it is not considered canon by most. In fact, I will go a step further and say those that have actually played the damn series wouldn't consider it canon because it literally makes no sense from a story or timeline perspective. Even as a standalone the damn game doesn't make any sense. I am NOT talking about Samus' poor character development.

I swear, you are only in this thread to be a monkey on my back and piss me off.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Lead them on a merry chase with teleportation and be wary of the earth beneath my feet.

Loading Video...

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3395  Edited By Fetts

@erik:

No they don't. Looking at the bottom of my converse shoes (quite the hipster I am), I can see quite a bit of groves that run to the very edge of my sole, where a solid band wraps around that. This solid band is what can be seen to most observers.

Fine -_-

I agree that you would hear the shots.

No Caption Provided

It is over.... WHEN I SAY IT IS OVER!!!

Loading Video...

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

I swear, you are only in this thread to be a monkey on my back and piss me off.

Based on your wording I assumed you where saying that's the way you felt and stop being so hostile. We where discussing the canon of a video game, hardly an issue getting worked up about.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

If the drones are only enough to give you a merry chase, I'll give you 6 more. Being struck by one is like being hit by a truck and they carve up cars like tin foil.

It is how I feel about the game but interestingly enough, the canon of the game also doesn't work logically into the rest of the universe. The game is trash across the board. The only reason it is canon is because Nintendo insists on it. Not because the story fits into the continuity (it doesn't), not because it makes logical sense (it doesn't), and not because the game is good (it's not). It's only canon because Nintendo refuses to let it go. That's it. You know there are a lot of canon stories from many different publishers that are rightly ignored and this should be no different. Some examples:

Logan Dies - Canon but ignored by everyone.

Basically all the Marvel comics before the mid 70s in their depiction of women. Specifically Fantastic Four. All technically canon but aside from broad strokes, ignored because they make no sense to the rest of the continuity.

Even tearing the Prime series out of continuity, Other M still doesn't fit within the continuity left over. While the Prime series doesn't negatively impact the Metroid franchise at all in terms of continuity or story.

So don't talk to me about what is canon as if I don't understand the concept. I know Other M remains canon, no matter how little sense it makes nor how detrimental the game is to the rest of the series. I value canon and continuity in whatever I read, play, or watch. The "Doesn't matter, it's canon" argument holds as much value as "Doesn't matter, had sex" rational does to most people. Other M is the 350 lb, unwashed, wart-riddled bad decision that people try to justify in that exact same way.

Sure it happened, it's canon, but I can choose to ignore it just like nearly anyone that experienced it would want to do.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3398  Edited By stormshadow_x

@floopay: Ok. Lets Go.

My Start

My Character as well would be taken by Surprise but he would already have his Bow in hand. With Equal if not mildly Superior Speed he uses his bow Knockings Floopay's hand into the air and leaving the pebbles to launch into the air and exploding up there. My Character will then take advantage of this and get as much distance as he can drawing a Smokescreen Arrow. Shooting it into the area clouding the area with Smoke.

Sorry For the Absence and Lack of Scans I'm feeling a little under the weather but if I see the scans a absolutely needed I'll be sure to use them.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3399  Edited By Dextersinister

@erik: I don't really care, I just want to find another player.

If more pop up kite them away from the circular room then port back to it and continue east senses active, balls out.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@erik said:

@youngjustice said:

@erik: No reply to comment make me sad.

Ha! Your eastern path turns south and you find yourself in a starting room that has not been occupied. Your only option is to go back and either head south where you came from, or head north.

I'll head north.