Battle of the Week: Deathstroke vs. Hellboy

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

No Caption Provided

The deadly mercenary from DC Comics or the powerful demon from Dark Horse Comics? These two are about to duke it out and you can help determine the winner!

Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke, the Terminator, is our latest Character of the Month and we've been testing his abilities as a combatant each and every week. He was barely able to defeat Boba Fett and, last week, he lost by a mere 1% against Deadpool. Now, he's coming face-to-face with Mike Mignola'sHellboy. Will the Good Samaritan and Right Hand of Doom keep Wilson down for the count or will the DC character's talent and bladed weapons allow him to overcome this latest opponent? Voting will stay open until Friday morning (ET), so you have plenty of time to think it through.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
  • This is The New52 Deathstroke.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
No Caption Provided

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We've posted his Best Covers, Must Read Stories and we'll highlight some of his best battles later this week. Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

well if it's the new 52 Deathstroke i think his Nth metal armor can absorb any amount of hits from hellboy. but it should be a tie

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By redwingx

Deathstroke is overrated.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hellboy for the win. is durability is very high. he can take lots and lots of damage.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Hunh. @k4tzm4n extremely orignal battle, congrats. Seriously I don't think I've ever thought about these two in a fight O.o

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hunh. @k4tzm4n extremely orignal battle, congrats. Seriously I don't think I've ever thought about these two in a fight O.o

Agreed.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Oh wait. Liefield draws Deathstroke, Hellboy is so confused that something like this could happen to the human body he drives Deathstroke to a hospital to have him examined only to realize all the people look like Deathstroke. Hellboy then panics and decides to undergo plastic surgery to look like them but each time it only makes him more beautiful*....

*(Whoever gets that reference gets a follow)

Poozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Poozer

I've gotta give this to Hellboy. He's extremely durable and strong. In Conqueror Worm he was shocked with enough volts to light up an entire city and he was still able to fight afterwards. In the scan below he gets shot an insane amount of times and is able to fight afterwards. Hellboy is not completely bulletproof but guns won't take him out.

No Caption Provided

In ,The Island, Hellboy is impaled and survives that. Hellboy also has a pretty impressive healing factor. He's also pretty fast, in A Box Full of Evil he catches a fly with his Right Hand of Doom which is invulnerable to pain and extremely powerful. So I think that it'll be a close fight but in the end Hellboy is just too durable and will outlast Deathstroke. Any weapons Deathstroke has might injure Hellboy but they won't kill him. I give this one to Hellboy.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

So, they're fighting over Ron Perlman?

Whatever. If it's New 52 Deathstroke, my vote automatically goes to Red. Anyone who follows me knows that I have serious issues with the New 52.

mdunner28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob Liefeld is the only person that can kill Deathstroke.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

cant exactly blame popularity on this one

bucky8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know enough about Hellboy to present a valid opinion. But I like Deathstroke more.