• 54 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

No Caption Provided

The Comic Vine community has selected Deathstroke as our latest Character of the Month. That means we're going to give him plenty of love and highlight Slade Wilson's history, best stories, and more, but it also means means we're going to test his abilities as a combatant! Last week, he barely beat Boba Fett. This week, we're going with a popular match that simply has to be done: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool!

Will Slade's skill be more than enough to drop Wade Wilson or will the Marvel character's healing factor and constant rambling make the DC mercenary eventually lose his focus? Both are incredibly agile and very deadly, but which one will be walking away as the winner when they come face-to-face? Well, readers, you can help determine that verdict! After reading the rules, be sure to click the following link and get your vote on. And, if you're feeling up to it, go ahead and take part in the conversation, too!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Deadpool's standard gear includes his swords, an assortment of firearms and a few grenades.
  • This is pre-52 Deathstroke and he also has his standard gear (sword, power staff, small firearms).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Is this the inevitable outcome? Go vote to help decide who will win!
Is this the inevitable outcome? Go vote to help decide who will win!

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
No Caption Provided

Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We've posted his Best Covers and we'll suggest some of his must read stories later this week! Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Slade

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#2  Edited By StMichalofWilson
No Caption Provided

Awesome

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay the cool version of Slade.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

Well..this should be interesting.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Those scans are awesome. "You got katana in my medulla oblongata." lol

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

... This is like one of the most generic match ups here in CV.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

... This is like one of the most generic match ups here in CV.

Recognized right in the intro, dudebro. Doesn't change the fact it's something people want to discuss and fitting for the CotM.

This week, we're going with a popular match that simply has to be done: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool!

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd go with wade. his healing factor is insane. he could just blow himself up next to slade and win.

Hadesboy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadesboy24

I'm gonna have to go with Deadpool because although Deathstroke is defenitly more experienced Deadpool's healing factor will leave him to heal any wound leaving him able to give quick blows that will slow down Deathstroke although Slade will for sure cause major damage to Wade.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If no prep is involved then Wade. Slade can't just disembowel the guy, and bullets wounds would heal to quickly a gun to be effective. Just an opinion though.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Deadpool might pull off a win or two thanks to his unpredictability and healing factor, but Slade takes the solid majority.

jwrose5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade is the armoured, brutal tactician.Wade is the regenerating degenerate. They roughly have the same skill set, but even with enhanced physical characteristics, Slade is going to be hard pressed to put Wade down.

Slade has to prep for characters like Batman, Teen Titans and Green Arrow, let alone Wonder Woman. That's what makes him so formidable. In order to win, Slade must know his opponents.

Wade is unpredictable, and has a healing factor that makes Wolverine jealous. Hulk and Wolverine can't kill him, and Captain America and Taskmaster both think twice before even considering taking on the Merc with a Mouth.

This would be a damned good fight, Slade would give Wade a great run for his money, might gain the upper hand occasionally and stab Wade here and there, but Deadpool would just giggle and shrug it off. The chatter may anger Slade, put him off guard, but equally as likely is Wade getting distracted and losing an arm, which is no big deal. Wade can deal equal damage to Slade, but in the end I think Slade would have to retreat against an opponent that heals just as quickly as he becomes wounded.

My money is on the Regenerating Degenerate, the Merc with a Mouth. Wade Wilson, Deadpool.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you can give slade his Nth metal armor and his promethium blade + bo staff this battle is over.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I predict some rage will ensue here.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Healing factor coupled with his ability to drive Deathstroke insane gives DP the edge he would need to take him out.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grab a seat guys fanboydom is about to get stupid crazy haha

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are my two favorites in all of comics, but I honestly don't think that Slade can beat Wade's healing factor.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By M3th

WHy make any battle witH Slade wHen everyone knows fangirls will vote for Slade regardless.

My birtHday montH just Had to be Slade montH didn't it. *sigH*

-ABstract4$$#073-

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Most people going with deadpool on this one cite his healing factor as the main cause for the win, but wade's healing factor doesn't prevent an incapacitation or knockout. I have seen nothing that has ever convinced me that deadpool is on slade's level in terms of skill, so I would expect a nicely placed bullet or blade to end deadpool'e banter. The merc with a mouth might be up and gunning ten seconds later, but as long as slade can put him out for a few seconds, deathstroke wins.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@m3th said:

WHy make any battle witH Slade wHen everyone knows fangirls will vote for Slade regardless.

My birtHday montH just Had to be Slade montH didn't it. *sigH*

-ABstract4$$#073-

You say while Deadpool has a fair lead in the poll. ;)

And you get a WHOLE month for your birthday? Damn, that's lucky!

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#23  Edited By iceslick

@k4tzm4n: Is that Deathstroke and Deadpool crossover in those pictures are from an actual comic? That's pretty cool if they did have a crossover. I might even read it!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While not exactly a "new" fight, it's still a very interesting one. I'm looking forward to how it turns out.

Personally, I'm not entirely sure who I'm backing here.

While usually I'd say Wade because I'm hesitant that Slade has the damage output to take him down, not to mention the fact that Wade can match him in almost every category if not surpass him, the in-character is making me reconsider.

It all comes down to whether or not Slade can put him down before Wade starts getting serious, IF he even gets serious at any point throughout the fight.

I'll come back to this later in the week when I've given it some more thought, or if anyone tries to downplay the fact that he took down Taskmaster, as Viners seem to love doing so!

Jmarshmallow

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@k4tzm4n: Awesome! I'm definitely gonna check this out now! Thanks! :-)

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By 2cool4fun

Deathstroke:

He's known as the greatest merc in DC, he was trained in the military, and was a part of their most elite team of soldiers. He was turned into a super soldier, which gave him super strengh, speed & agility ( as well as senses ). Not to mention that he has a suit made out of Nth metal, which increases all of that again, and on top of that gives him amazing protection, unlike deadpool who only has his healing factor. And even then, DS has a super soldier healing factor as well, plus it gets even stronger cause of the Nth metal.

Let's also not forget that DS fought people as strong as superman ( majestic ) and came on top.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Deathstroke's skill vs Deadpool's insanity. Just too close.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool can do all he wants, he's not beating Slade.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Deadpool is even mildly serious, he would win. Too many fights have him just goofing around for fun, he tanks hits and that leads people to believe he's unskilled. When Deadpool actually WANTS to win though, he's one of the most dangerous men in the Marvel U. The same can be said for Deathstroke, but Deadpool has the advantage of being crazy. Pepole underestimate how dangerous unpredictability is, it's what lead to Joker putting Slade into a coma, it'll be what leads to Wade putting Slade in the dirt. Perhaps they're even in acrobatics, but Deadpool is more wiry, he's always zigzagging around running circles, combined with his banter Deathstroke will have a headache in no time. When Slade DOES tag, the wound will just heal. Sooner or later Deathstroke will lose focus, and that spells death. In sheer technical knowledge, Deadpool 100% stalemated Captain America in H2H. Overall, he was smart enough to beat the Avengers with no prep. He's skilled enough to go tit for tat with Slade long enough for the banter to take effect, Deathstroke can only win by decapitation and that will take awhile to happen.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 k4tzm4n  Moderator
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Deadpool is even mildly serious, he would win. Too many fights have him just goofing around for fun, he tanks hits and that leads people to believe he's unskilled. When Deadpool actually WANTS to win though, he's one of the most dangerous men in the Marvel U. The same can be said for Deathstroke, but Deadpool has the advantage of being crazy. Pepole underestimate how dangerous unpredictability is, it's what lead to Joker putting Slade into a coma, it'll be what leads to Wade putting Slade in the dirt. Perhaps they're even in acrobatics, but Deadpool is more wiry, he's always zigzagging around running circles, combined with his banter Deathstroke will have a headache in no time. When Slade DOES tag, the wound will just heal. Sooner or later Deathstroke will lose focus, and that spells death. In sheer technical knowledge, Deadpool 100% stalemated Captain America in H2H. Overall, he was smart enough to beat the Avengers with no prep. He's skilled enough to go tit for tat with Slade long enough for the banter to take effect, Deathstroke can only win by decapitation and that will take awhile to happen.

I'd like to point out Slade was amnesiac when he lost to joker which may have impacted his tactical ability at the time. HIs overall fighting ability was the same granted but Joker shot him when he took a hostage and Slade had refused to kill him. I don't think it really makes things conclusive against deathstroke and joker for the record. As for stalemating captain america thats impressive but Slade beat batman down which is more so IMO. Deadpool never exactly beat the avengers. He fought iron fist for a bit (might be worth noting he was emulating daredevils fighting style), and than he evaded the avengers for a bit.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually just came here to read the comments.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont think the healing factor should even matter...Slade is smart..hes named the Terminator..hes not gonna stop once he cuts one of Deadpools appendages..hes gonna keep slicing and hes faced mercs with regeneration before too. People need to remember just because Deadpool can regenerate doesnt mean hes gonna have time too or be able to defend himself while hes trying to find and reattach his arm.

Cali_Ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cali_Ra

Really? Deadpool, AKA Wade Wilson its basically take Slade and make him virtually Invincible. Their abilities as assassins are more or less matched, but there is a little difference you know, its called HEALING FACTOR. Its impossible to kill Deadpool with the kind of weapons that Slade uses.

@viin said:

i dont think the healing factor should even matter...Slade is smart..hes named the Terminator..hes not gonna stop once he cuts one of Deadpools appendages..hes gonna keep slicing and hes faced mercs with regeneration before too. People need to remember just because Deadpool can regenerate doesnt mean hes gonna have time too or be able to defend himself while hes trying to find and reattach his arm.

Have you seen how powerful Deadpools healing factor is? He have heal from ashes, LITERALLY FROM ASHES! (Read Deadpool NOW Anual #1 its really funny), Deathstoke would die old and Deadpool wouldnt have run out of puns.

Well there is one thing going for Deathstroke: Wade is in character. This means he will spend most of the fight wise-cracking and making pop culture references; which is why I think the much more centered and remorseless Deathstroke will win this fight.

If you use that as an argument, Slade wouldnt win because he dont kill people just for the sake of it, if he is not paid he wont put his heart and soul to kill Deadpool. So he would end up saying "Fuck i am going home". Or maybe they would just talk out of their differences.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there is one thing going for Deathstroke: Wade is in character. This means he will spend most of the fight wise-cracking and making pop culture references; which is why I think the much more centered and remorseless Deathstroke will win this fight.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't suppose the could kill each other for good.Forever. Till the end of time. So on and so forth. Crosses fingers.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is like asking if 1989 Batman beats Batman and Robin. The original is always better.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By phantom1527

Deathstroke would be able to see through the goofiness, that Deadpool is highly trained and impossible to kill. He would cut his head off before Wade got serious.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lurkero

Deathstroke is definitely the cooler character. Unfortunately, this is not based on cool. Deadpool is basically Deathstroke with a healing factor and other mutant abilities. Both are willing to kill. I gotta give this one to Deadpool because healing and powers is a big advantage over someone who is your equal in determination and skill.

soloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wilson wins for sho. His name contains a word that means not-alive! That is badass enough to deserve the win.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS.

Vermillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Vermillo

Ok, I just going on a stretch here but it seem a lot of people in this battle comment forget or don't know that Deathstroke also have a healing factor. While not as crazy as Wade it does even out the battle. Actually isn't DP a parody of Slade anyway? Wade without the insanity would be Slade right? Personally while I love Slade I will give it to Wade only at a slim factor. If Wade can play to Slade's biggest weakness his pride and anger, then Wade would win, but if Slade can manipulative Wade into off himself or simply pay him off then Slade would win.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke, but only because he will probably cut off the Deadpool legs and arms, rendering him incapacitate and technically winning the fight.

Otherwise, it would be Deadpool, as Deathstroke, distracted and angry, will make a mistake and Deadpool will finish him.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too close.

@soloz said:

Wilson wins for sho.

They are both Wilsons, you know.

ariesleguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool doesn't have the discipline.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesleguin: And Slade doesn't have the healing factor and creativity...or madness to counter it.

Avatar image for nightwing_grayson
Nightwing_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you'd say with prep Slade would take it, he's got the experience in the regen area (see lobo in n52). But without it it's a tough call, I'd rate Slade higher in the skills department, and we've seen that deadpool can be knocked out/drugged/out of action for small periods of time for his regeneration to work., I think it would depend how long it takes for it to be called a knock out, I think Slade could quite quickly get Wade to a "knocked out" state which would last I'm guessing less than a minute (not sure how long Wade takes to re-grow a head!) if this counts as "knockout" then it's Slade cashing the pay check.