• 75 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

No Caption Provided

Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. Batman, is our latest Character of the Month, and that means we're going to put his abilities to the test against another character each and every week. We all know the Caped Crusader has extensive information on the heroes and villains which occupy his own universe, but what happens when he's at odds with someone he's never met before? Seeing as it's all kinds of topical, we figured it would be fun to think about what would happen if DC's famous hero had to battle Peter Quill, a.k.a. Star-Lord.

Will Quill's technology get the better of Batman or will the dude from Marvel get an unpleasant taste of what his enemy is carrying in his utility belt? There's no need to vote just yet! Really, give it some proper thought before picking a winner. After you've selected a side (or "too close to call"), we encourage you to visit the comments section and tell the world how you think this fight would go down. Is Batman's skill and variety of equipment enough to overcome Quill's flight capabilities and powerful weapon? What do you think?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 25 feet apart and visible. There's a good amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Both characters are current versions and have their standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
No Caption Provided

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
No Caption Provided

Want to suggest a match for an upcoming battle of the week? Tell us below or share it via twitter.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hopefully Batman doesn't win just cause he's Batman.

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a huge Batman fan and would love to think of a scenario where he wins this fight but other than pushing logic aside, I just can't. Voting Star Lord for the win.

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If batman had prep he would win

I_Aint_bias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Say Batman Since None of Prep Time only this Star-Lord has it a Gun Batman can beat even Human to mean since he know every combat style it come down to hand and hand combat which star lord can't does stand a Chance so BatMan I am not That Big Of a Batman fan so no I'm Not a Fan-Boy

Avatar image for unkillable_deadpool1
Unkillable_Deadpool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about the reasoning of who wins and who doesn't . Im loving guardians of the galaxy right now so star lord all the way since he always has a plan,*part of a plan at least,12% of a plan to be exact.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Star Lord for the win

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#7 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I don't give two sh*ts about the reasoning of who wins and who doesn't . Im loving guardians of the galaxy right now so F*** YOU BATMAN ,.... star lord ALWAYS has a plan,*part of a plan at least,12% of a plan to be exact.

Hello there. The use of strong and/or offensive language is a violation of our site rules. I have censored the above post and if you feel that you have to swear when posting then I suggest you do the same. Consider this your first warning, and thanks in advance :)

Enoch25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The king of prep vs the king of improv. ...interesting battle. (I know the OP is says no prep time but Batman kinda preps on the spot).

BrotherEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

No prep? This is Star-Lords specialty... he can make a 12%, which barely a concept, work :P

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman again? No prep, I'll go with Star Lord wtf?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

With no prep time, Star-Lord stands a much better chance, especially since those foot-jets give him more mobility. But he's still kinda cocky and would underestimate Batman, a big mistake for anyone.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Batman again? No prep, I'll go with Star Lord wtf?

Batman hasn't been used in a battle in over two months. Also, please read the first sentence.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, don't like this match-up, mostly because of the rules.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SlickyMike88

Starlord man.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has the upper hand with armour.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

Batman wins.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman takes this any day. batman wins via skills, but in terms of weapon star lord weapon is far better than batsy's own. lol. so what is left is how skillful you are when using it. for me, i will say batman wins in every way.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I see a lot of people just voting for Star Lord because they're anti-Batman, not for what he can actually do. To me Batman has this fight down fairly easily. All he has to do is disarm Quill and he can put him down. Batman has experience facing foes with dangerous weapons that must be avoided (Mr. Freeze, Deadshot) so even without prep time, his experience in this field will assist him in taking Star Lord down.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooga Chaka, Ooga, Ooga, Ooga Chaka...

Sorry, but if they're in character, with no prep, I can see Quill attacking first, using some sort of future tech to gain the upper hand. All this will do is give Bats the info he'll need to size up his opponent, and realize he'll need to go for a quick incapacitation. In this fight, Star Lord's ability to make 12% of a plan on the spot will backfire, and cause Bats to know better than to take a defensive stance. All Bats needs to do is throw some smoke grenades, zig zag charge Star Lord to close the distance, and Bat Kick him right in the gut, knocking Quill's air out of his lungs, thus bringing him to his knees. Quill might try pulling out some other weapon while on the ground, but with Batman standing right above him, watching him, that'll force his hand to render Quill unconscious. Bats will then tie up Quill to question him once he wakes up, but the fight will have been over and won by then.

Avatar image for inconspicuously_incognito
Inconspicuously_Incognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my first post on a battle on this site and I have found it to be one of the most difficult, being both a star lord and batman fan. (Blaming both the comics and movies here) But I'd have to give it to Star Lord, (Batgod preserve lol) Wayne has the advantage here in H2H, advantage taking Star Lord almost 7/10- 8/10 in this but I think the big advantage here would be the tech and maneuverability and even Star Lords unique "unorthodox genius lack of discipline." Quills tech, even with standard gear, is something I think batman would never see coming from a mile away. His element gun, boot jets and any other little trick he has stored in his bag can return whatever Batman has I'd be interested to see the tactics employed by both, since they're thoughts on killing seem to be the polar opposite. If Bat's gets close here, its a wrap for Quill even with his skill, the tech here would be the thing to watch, I feel like Peter would just have a leg up just because hes so much more used to fighting on a grander scale than bats.

Peter wins here in one of the toughest fights of his life. 6/10

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mprawrr

L.O.L. some people here does not read comics and are basically FanBoys. I love both Universe (DC and Marvel) and in this matter, Batman and Peter.. This ain't even a match to be thinking about real hard to know who's gonna win, to the one who made the rule, it's like he basically just want to make Star-Lord win (IMO), but nice try :D Batman win this match in every single way, he has the experience, the skills and the disciplines, just because there ain't enough prep time does not make "the bat" an immediate retard, sure Quill MIGHT have the tech advantage, I say might, 'coz how would you know Marvel's armaments are more advanced than DC's are, and Batman avoided the omega beam for Pete's sake before.. surely a non homing ballistics won't touch "the bat".. and please, don't start with the 12% thing capability of Star-Lord, if Batman can do a 100% with enough prep time, do you think an abrupt showdown with Quill would make Bruce's battle contingency to 0%? seriously :v

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@mprawrr:

"to the one who made the rule, it's like he basically just want to make Star-Lord win (IMO), but nice try :D"

?

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star frikkin lord!!!

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: "... making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated", ---by invoking this statement, it's like..you know, saying that P.Q. is actually gonna have the upperhand, but it's just my opinion though and how my thoughts work, I hope I did not offend you in anyway, if I did, I'm sorry though..

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Lord...

nhsieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People keep saying 'with no prep batman would be useless' but I think people aren't taking into account that if batman is in character, he's always prepped for your average situation conflicts. Sure he wouldn't have items in his arsenal geared to fight starlord, but again starlord doesnt have anything too outlandishly unique that batman wouldnt be able to overcome.

The fact that starlord is more of an impulsive, lack of technique fighter, I'd agree that batman's cool calculated demeanor would be able to get all the info it needed to strategize a counter.

Avatar image for admiral_ironbeast
Admiral_IronBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my first post on a battle on this site and I have found it to be one of the most difficult, being both a star lord and batman fan. (Blaming both the comics and movies here) But I'd have to give it to Star Lord, (Batgod preserve lol) Wayne has the advantage here in H2H, advantage taking Star Lord almost 7/10- 8/10 in this but I think the big advantage here would be the tech and maneuverability and even Star Lords unique "unorthodox genius lack of discipline." Quills tech, even with standard gear, is something I think batman would never see coming from a mile away. His element gun, boot jets and any other little trick he has stored in his bag can return whatever Batman has I'd be interested to see the tactics employed by both, since they're thoughts on killing seem to be the polar opposite. If Bat's gets close here, its a wrap for Quill even with his skill, the tech here would be the thing to watch, I feel like Peter would just have a leg up just because hes so much more used to fighting on a grander scale than bats.

Peter wins here in one of the toughest fights of his life. 6/10

If Peter knew Batman is just some dude in a batsuit, Quill would way underestimate bats ability and lose. As soon as Peter goes H2H, this fight is over. That said, Peter is used to cosmic-level threats and opponents--and while he may never have a plan, he still isn't going to start by trying to punch batman in the face. Starlord is far more likely to keep this fight a long range battle, and his alien tech should be enough to keep batman down.

Basically, I think this battle comes down to Batman's primarily street level threat experience vs. Peter's galactic level threat experience. While Batman has the much better strategy, H2H, etc. he just is not going to be able to keep up with the element gun--especially since Peter is going to be much less worried about collateral damage.

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admiral_ironbeast: nice insight, but by the way, in the rules, it isn't stated that Batman can't use his other "toys", Batmobiles and the like.. and I think he can also override and use the freakin' Watch Tower!! >:D LOL, but the bat isn't a killer, probably after apprehending down P.Q. he'll interrogate him and do justice :p

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admiral_ironbeast: Batman has tons of experience dodging and disarming foes with deadly weapons, why is Quill's any different?

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: let's just say the former started out and enhancing his skills since he was just a child and he's a genius, I'm not saying Quill is dumb since he is a great tactician as well, but experience wise and let's just say, "gifted-wise", Bruce just owns him, although Quill has the superhuman suit, Batman has superhuman intelligence figuratively speaking...you know, very above average thinking.. and if you read again the rule, they will take combat at NIGHT, take note of that, and Bruce is a master of stealth and disguise..

dlay96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dlay96

I still have to stick with Batman. I understand that Star-Lord has alot of tech and firepower, but let's be honest, Batman's dealt with much more perilous situations. Now I don't know much about Peter Quill in the comics so I'm basing the character off of the recent film (which I did love). Honestly, Quill comes off, not as dumb, but impulsive. He doesn't think even relatively like Bruce does, so Batman will be able to easily out-smart Quill. I picture Star-Lord attempting to take off using those rockets things from the movie and Batman grappling onto his leg and coming along for the ride. Some well placed batarangs will send Quill crashing.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Starlord Feats?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@mprawrr said:

@k4tzm4n: "... making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated", ---by invoking this statement, it's like..you know, saying that P.Q. is actually gonna have the upperhand, but it's just my opinion though and how my thoughts work, I hope I did not offend you in anyway, if I did, I'm sorry though..

Nah, that rule is always in the battle of the week. It's just my way of saying, "step up if you feel like a character isn't getting the credit they deserve."

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mprawrr said:

@drellassassin: let's just say the former started out and enhancing his skills since he was just a child and he's a genius, I'm not saying Quill is dumb since he is a great tactician as well, but experience wise and let's just say, "gifted-wise", Bruce just owns him, although Quill has the superhuman suit, Batman has superhuman intelligence figuratively speaking...you know, very above average thinking.. and if you read again the rule, they will take combat at NIGHT, take note of that, and Bruce is a master of stealth and disguise..

All good points. I can't see how Quill could take this.

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mprawrr

@k4tzm4n: oh, I see :) I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention so much, but I'm still sorry though, I just realized that part you cited in my comment was completely unnecessary, I'll try to comment more carefully next time.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just after the movie came out ? Unfair fight I think, I'll vote when I've seen the movie anyway :p

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATMAN KICKS STARLORD´S CROTCH!!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@mprawrr said:

@k4tzm4n: oh, I see :) I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention so much, but I'm still sorry though, I just realized that part you cited in my comment was completely unnecessary, I'll try to comment more carefully next time.

No worries!

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DarthAznable

Batman. Too many on the Star Lord hype train doe.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Star Lord have some good strength and durability feats? Because of his Alien physiology, he's supposed to be above a peak human. The Spartax people do war with the kree and skrulls, they're supposed to have strength around kree and skrulls.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

Does Star Lord have some good strength and durability feats? Because of his Alien physiology, he's supposed to be above a peak human. The Spartax people do war with the kree and skrulls, they're supposed to have strength around kree and skrulls.

Here is a Star Lord respect thread

Avatar image for unkillable_deadpool1
Unkillable_Deadpool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: You are 100% right so I edited it myself . Thank you for warning me :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 BumpyBoo  Moderator
algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am leaning towards Bruce. It will be close though.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go for Star Lord. Purely based on the fact it would seem fairly even but I like his character better. Without prep he still has the elements of luck and inspiration. He seems a bit more exciting. Just my opinion of course.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the first few issues of GotG and saw the movie, so my knowlege on Starlord may not be vast, but form what i've seen form Quill and from what I KNOW from batman im goign to go with Batman on this one

He's taken on much worse without prep..

especially if it came to hand to hand combat, Bruce wins HANDS DOWN

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gas bomb to electric volt to A quik kick to the solar plexis and batman wins

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm first thing I thought was "this fight isn't fair!" I have to agree: Batman's always on prep. Nobody knows all the contraptions that lie on that utility belt. Noted also is his peak human capabilities.

Now to Peter. As little as I've seen of him, one thing I noticed is he is the "on-the-go" kind of guy, doing tons of stuff I would call as unpredictable. Being half Spartax he has enhanced physicals as well, surviving fights here and there over the galaxy. One thing I haven't seen being mentioned here is he (with Nova Richard Rider) took on Thanos until they were sealed off in the Cancerverse. Can't overlook that.

Onto the fight. one look at Wayne Quill would be wary (who wouldn't after seeing that dark scary figure) and try to test Batman's capabilities. But Wayne will be doing that as well. Long story short, will Bats survive Quill's tech and put him down, or will Quill find a way to outmaneuver and blast Bats out?

I think with quick improvisation earned out in the galaxy, Starlord barely makes it, 6/10

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord's element gun may actually be too much. I mean, Batman regularly gets tagged by freeze and then thaws himself out.

Starlord fires a couple wind blasts, then electrifies whatever Batman uses for cover. Batman's armor tanks it but he gets pushed out of cover into the freeze shot crosshairs.

Or, you know, Batman is Batman and disappears immediately into a physical KO.

Anyone know how much physical impact Starlord's standard armor can take?

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alot of people hate batman .....so they vote against him, ...but c'mon alot of what starlord does happens due to luck and his unorthodox tendencies or at least he uses that to cover up his skill set ...but this is batman were talking about 127 martial arts ect ....it almost feels like a diss to put him against starlord at this point ...the dude has like 30 apperences since his marvel now reboot and new origin with feats that don't compare to batmans feats