• 129 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Damian Wayne or Terry McGinnis? In the future, both of these characters step into an iconic costume and go by the name "Batman." But which future Dark Knight would win if these two protectors of Gotham got into a brawl? Will you side with Terry because of his advanced costume and emphasis on technology? Or do you think Damian's savagery, variety of gear and his ability to heal should give him the win? Or maybe you think this one has the potential to go either way? Read the rules to see where they're fighting and really give this one a proper amount of thought before casting your vote. Think about what advantages and disadvantages each character has. How will they act in combat? Is one more tactical than the other? Is one more arrogant and that could give the other an opening? There's always plenty of variables to consider, so let your imagination go wild before casting your vote. It's not like you need to vote right away because the poll is open until Friday morning!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character. This means their usual set of morals apply.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both sides have standard gear. Both sides have no immediate knowledge of their opponents, either.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. However, there is a good amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such) and the entire area is on limits (alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc). They think the other character is an enemy and they want to take 'em down. It's as simple as that.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.

No Caption Provided

If you're having trouble voting (e.g. "session expired"), refresh the page and that should fix it!

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• The results of the poll.
  • Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner arguments for both characters.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

This is Damian's FINAL Battle of the Week! That means if the fight you really wanted to see never happened, go ahead and make it in the forums! Just make sure there isn't already a thread with an extensive debate/same rules for it. The next Character of the Month will enter the segment next Monday, so check back then! Voting to choose the next Character of the Month will appear in the homepage in an hour or so. We'll update this article with a link when it's live!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Interesting....

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm going with Damian

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'd give the nod to Terry, while Damian is more skilled, Terry's physicals far out class his. Terry also has him beat when it comes to tech and gadgets.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Terry which basically Teenagers who have problem on how to balance social life with study, family and love (kind like Peter Parker but not a nerd boy) train by Bruce Wayne,the Batman himself

Damian which is son of Bruce Wayne Batman and Talia Al Ghul

Wow this is hard to choose...I go with Damian because Batman Beyond have been screw up by Futures End

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll wait till someone shows me what Future Damian can do, I know very little about him.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Got to go with damian he's more ruthless, terry may hold back damian could just tear him apart. I don't know the morals of future damian though. And neither do most people and that is why terry may win this battle.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: He's not getting screwed over, it's clear DC wanted a poster boy for mindless fanboys, and they chose Batman Beyond. I'm glad they give him a super minimal role and focus on lesser characters.

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to say it but I think Damian would win. He's had more training and Terry usually needs some help from Bruce or Dick.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

This should be good

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

Terry should have it. Besides having more all around feats, Damian in his future self didn't do much, if at all.

I also do see the irony in this battle, Future Damian Wayne saved baby Terry McGinnis in one of his stories.

well played, K4tz, well played.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

As much as I like the concept of this fight, I don't think it'd be all that close. Terry would take 8 out of 10 fights fairly easily on the basis of his tech alone. Damian has more skill but the Beyond suit is essentially built to compensate for said lack of skill. It was originally built for an old and failing body of Bruce Wayne. With Terry in the suit, it is like Batman with training wheels. No disrespect intended to Terry. Damian could make things interesting with superior battle strategy and skill but at the end of the day the laundry list of things the Beyond suit can do would be too much for even the great Damian Wayne to handle.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14 frozen  Moderator

I'm thinking Terry.

@saren needs to get in here though. I really want to hear his take on it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15 frozen  Moderator

The Terry that future Damian trained is not the Terry from DCAU (who is the version with most feats), by the way.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I am a staunch supporter of Batman Beyond so I will have Terry McGinnis' back but knowing everybody else, they are gonna vote Damian Wayne as the best. Seriously, the bat brat doesn't need his ego enlarged any further.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: You know why Days of Future Past (the comic not the movie) doing it right while Futures End do it wrong ? Because Kitty Pryde is main role. Kitty Pryde role have the same role with Terry which is a person who try to change the past for better future. The problem with Futures End is Terry is not main character. Kitty Pryde is main character and that is reason Days of Future Past will be classic and Futures End will be forgotten. Besides, Chris Claremont is legend compare to writers of Futures End

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By comicace3

This is a nice battle but I will say I'll give the edge to Damian due to being more skilled and more ruthless. I'm implying that he still has the same if not better skill as current Damian. That with his healing should be enough to at least take some hits and KO Terry if not force him to make a tactical retreat. If I know anything about him its that morals on he won't be going full on which will cost him since because Damian has no morals in the future. People are going to say Terry outclasses Damian physically but mind you he wasn't skilled enough to go against an old Bruce Wayne, a Prime Bruce Wayne and loses battles he really shouldn't against fodder Martial Artists. He's skilled but not enough to take on Damian. Damian 6-7/10

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Terry doesn't have Damian's experience

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Not really, also Futures End and Days of Future Past are two completely different types of stories (not to mention that while DOFP is well known, it's really not that great of a story, it just has an iconic cover). Future's End is not a story about one character, it's about multiple characters and multiple stories and how they all effect each other. Also Futures End has Jeff Lemire, Brian Azzarello, and Dan Jurgens, who are all amazing writers (sadly though it also has Keith Giffen who is responsible for the low points of the series).

Avatar image for triseratopz_stoodioz9000
Triseratopz_Stoodioz9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the new comics Damian just resurrected with powers

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@captainmarvel4ever: Really not great story ? Really? Really? I think you are the only one who said that.

I am agree that DOFP is not the best X-men story (the best X-men story is Dark Phoenix Saga) but to say DOFP not great is really show how much your knowledge about comics is not that great. You do know that DOFP is fundamental to X-men until now right ? You do know that DOFP is most adapted storyline in other media such as cartoon and movie right ? Every X-men cartoon have adapt DOFP. Even Marvel include DOFP teaser in Secret Wars teaser 2015 to show how big deal the story is.

I am not sure why you try to convince Futures End even that great or even good ? Don't get me wrong, I like futures end writers such as Jeff Lemire, Dan Jurgens but to defend that Futures End is great while majority of comics fans can see how terrible it is show that your opinion is meh. This is same situation which people try to say that Michael Bay Transformers movies is spectacular which we know it is not spectacular

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I'll wait till someone shows me what Future Damian can do, I know very little about him.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Only the 90's X-Men cartoon adapted it. I'm not saying it isn't iconic, just that it's really not all that great.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with that last paragraph.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By batmite1995

Damian couldn't stop his future Gotham from being blown up(batman inc) while terry's future Gotham is safe....

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the comments, I'm leaning toward Damien but I'd like to see some of his feats before I side with him completely.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have people been keeping up with Batman Beyond 2.0 and Justice League Beyond? Terry is a beast in those comics.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to clarify, the Damian in this battle is the adult version written by Morrison who sold his soul to the Devil yes?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have people been keeping up with Batman Beyond 2.0 and Justice League Beyond? Terry is a beast in those comics.

I have. He's been awesome in those.

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RexWing

Big Damian fan here but I have to go with Terry. He has a better track record.

Also, I could be wrong on this, but wouldn't Terry's gear out class Future Damian's?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@hushofthewind said:

I have. He's been awesome in those.

Thank you. He stomps here.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Terry, while Damian has more skill and experience I think Terry has better tech which could give him the edge

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zaied  Online

Terry. He has better overall feats and his gear would be too much for Damian to handle.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By SoA

while terry has the suit and is impressive fighting wise, future damien is brutal , bulkier to take and dish out more punishment, and still has superior training over terry , its not a landslide but im siding with damien over terry marginally .

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is Damian in the batman beyond comics?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Terry can take him.

Terry is pretty skilled in most instances these days, and I'd argue he matches Damian on pure skill at least, and even Damian admits he can't match Dick and Bruce anyway.

Terry has the superior gear. His batsuit and his gear are far more than what Damian has at his disposal, just from the Beyond series alone. I believe Terry has a new suit now, since fighting the Justice Lords or at least his old one has upgrades.

Terry, I think, would also have the tactical advantage. I believe he'd take Damian on a psychological playing field the same way he took Joker. He's arrogant (Damian,) and more than likely Terry will exploit that, though I don't know how Damian would react being older.

Then the physicals should be within Terry's range as well, as the suit already made him pretty powerful and he could take blows from Superman.

I honestly don't see how Damian could take this. At the very least, he could POSSIBLY stalemate if Terry can't put him down, but Terry can probably keep the damage up. I see Terry taking this 8/10 times.

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dark_Stranger

@k4tzm4n

I thought you couldn't use characters of the same universe/brand?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Terry is pretty skilled in most instances these days, and I'd argue he matches Damian on pure skill at least, and even Damian admits he can't match Dick and Bruce anyway.

Terry has the superior gear. His batsuit and his gear are far more than what Damian has at his disposal, just from the Beyond series alone. I believe Terry has a new suit now, since fighting the Justice Lords or at least his old one has upgrades.

Terry, I think, would also have the tactical advantage. I believe he'd take Damian on a psychological playing field the same way he took Joker. He's arrogant (Damian,) and more than likely Terry will exploit that, though I don't know how Damian would react being older.

Then the physicals should be within Terry's range as well, as the suit already made him pretty powerful and he could take blows from Superman.

I honestly don't see how Damian could take this. At the very least, he could POSSIBLY stalemate if Terry can't put him down, but Terry can probably keep the damage up. I see Terry taking this 8/10 times.

Nicely done.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@scouterv said:

Damian takes this for one major reason that everyone seems to be forgetting. Damian as Batman has a Healing Factor. Hes also been trained by the League of Assassins since 3 and Batman since he was 10. Hes also far more ruthless than Terry. I would say Damian takes it.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while its a toss up, i have to hand it to terry for the win. he has the the skill, the high tech Bat suit that give him the edge and he also can fly. while Damian has the skill trained by batman as well, because of his arrogance i think that might be downfall... Let's not forget an issue or two back in future ends Terry did tangle with a bruce wayne in his Prime physical condition.

Once again my thoughts Terry takes the title of winner !!

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By theMightyMODOK

Damian was trained by the league of assassins for most of his life, then he was trained by batman! Terry has nearly no training, sure he knows Bruce but he's old and weak and Terry is more of a football jerk, but not as highly trained as Damian. Not even close. Even with his special suit, Damian would take him, he is way more brutal and strong.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jashro44

Does Damian have any skill feats as batman? I might be willing to give the skill edge to Damian regardless if we can use Damians feats as robin here. Not sure if thats enough to carry him. I hear Terry has some pretty high stats.

@lukehero said:

He has a healing factor if that helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terry

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:
@scouterv said:

Damian takes this for one major reason that everyone seems to be forgetting. Damian as Batman has a Healing Factor. Hes also been trained by the League of Assassins since 3 and Batman since he was 10. Hes also far more ruthless than Terry. I would say Damian takes it.

But as I said, even he apparently cheats with his healing factor because he can't match Dick or Bruce in skill, so all that training still puts him in probably the same circle of skill as Terry. So simply being more ruthless wouldn't make it a win for Damian. Terry has fought ruthless foes before and won. He's fought skilled opponents like Curare and the Hunter. Stronger foes like Superman (brainwashed, but his suit stood up.) He's even proven he can beat his own advanced Batsuit with standard Batman gear, so he may even surpass Damian in sheer skill.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 owie  Moderator

Well the healing factor helps..any other notable feats for future Damian? I think I only read like 1 issue with him. I would think Terry would win handily but will need to hear the arguments from the Damian folks first, beyond "has more training."

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jashro44

@scouterv said:

But as I said, even he apparently cheats with his healing factor because he can't match Dick or Bruce in skill, so all that training still puts him in probably the same circle of skill as Terry. So simply being more ruthless wouldn't make it a win for Damian. Terry has fought ruthless foes before and won. He's fought skilled opponents like Curare and the Hunter. Stronger foes like Superman (brainwashed, but his suit stood up.) He's even proven he can beat his own advanced Batsuit with standard Batman gear, so he may even surpass Damian in sheer skill.

Actually he used booby traps around Gotham to cheat:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

His healing factor does help though.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Wow dude, I was pretty sold on Damien until I read your posts. Now I've decided to settle on Terry. Good job.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@k4tzm4n: Batman vs Batman?!?! You've just started Batpocalypse my friend...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: But we're not in his Gotham, and even Terry knew how to cheat. It's how he fought Joker, if you go by Jokers' thoughts on the matter. Not to mention, his standard gear doesn't appear all that impressive. I don't see it standing much chance against Terry's. That healing factor can only do so much. Not to mention, once Terry sees that Damian has a healing factor, the claws literally and figuratively come out.

@scouterv: Wow dude, I was pretty sold on Damien until I read your posts. Now I've decided to settle on Terry. Good job.

Happy to hear it. Terry is my all-time favorite Batman, so any time I can help him get ahead is a win for me.