Battle of the Week: Batman and Robin vs. Daredevil and Elektra

atrumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@scavengerfist:

I don't know. Bats has pulled of some pretty crazy feats. Bats does have his vehicles tho. Get the batmobile or batting to wreck shit. I have always seen bats like I see the punisher. Having a stupid high pain threshold and resilience but that fact goes both ways. We've seen him also get worked by pretty mundane methods. It's hard battle to pick due to the fact that he has so many godly feats. I don't think anyone thinks it's impossible for bats to even solo DD/Elektra due to his résume.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

Elektra will take out Damian. No one really doubts that; it's just a matter of time. I see Damian going down after a couple minutes. Elektra probably could take him out more quickly, but she will not try and kill a kid.

Daredevil cannot beat Batman, but he sure as heck can keep him busy until Robin is put down. With Elektra and Daredevil tag teaming Bruce, the Bat falls.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 out of 10 for Batman and Robin. I LOVE Daredevil as well, so don't get me wrong, but this is an easy fight for the Wayne's.

Batman is superior to both DD and Elektra, anybody wo disagrees has fanboy rage. Sincemost people agree wth that I won't spend much time on this.

Damian is the weak link, a lot of people say. Well... Damian has fought the Heretic for quite a long time and taken severe hits from him without stopping coming back (before he died) and the Heretic was an enemy who Batman had REAL problems taking him down by himself. So Damian is in no way the weak link here. I even think he could takeout Elektra if he takesher seriously from the start. Maybe she would even underestimate him. No matter what happens, she would not take him down quicker as Batman takes down DD. If she wouldmanage to take down Damian in roughly the same time Batman takes DD, she would face a severly pissed off Bruce, who would crush her even more fiercely.

I am also 100% that it would go down as Bats vs DD and Damian vs Elektra since Bruce would rather let Damian take on a woman just to make sure the strength gap isn't as wide for Damian as it would be facing DD.

DD is highly skilled, but I would not rate him much higher than Nightwing, so he would not go down easy as well, but Bats takes him 9 out of 10 I would say. Sure, his senses take out Batmans stealth, but Batman doesn't need ot to fight him. Bats als has the edge in gear, which he could also use to help Damian fight Elektra.

I also hate it when people go to the "Batman always wins just because he is so popular", which is a cop out. He is one of the (if not THE) most capable unpowered street level character in both universes, not even Panther wouldtake him out without his superior gear (which even New Avegrs writer Hickman seems to agree on, when you read the Illuminati fight the Great Society.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is almost as bad as Damien vs. Hitgirl. Next time make a fair fight.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@atrumi: Yeah but let's try to look at his non-prep wins. Now as far as I know Bruce would fight h2h when encountering enemies for the first time (if this is the first time)

firered2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This obviously, is not an easy battle. Daredevil's heightened senses and Elektra being one of marvel's deadliest characters. On the other hand, Batman being at peak conditions and one of the greatest martial artists in the DC universe, while Damian (in my opinion) s on his way (if he already hasn't) to surpassing Batman. Batman would take Daredevil, but it'd take a while since Daredevil is tough (due to previously mentioned senses) but after a while, he would prevail. It's safe to assume that Damian has more skill than Elektra (since he's been training with the best assassins since age 3) plus, so i think Damian would take out Elektra quickly enough to help Batman with Daredevil.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i think nightwing robin vs daredevil electra would be a better match. this feels more towards batman robin

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Gracetrack

@wolverine08:

"The idea of Grayson being second to skill to only Batman doesn't really make sense at all. If he were actually so, he wouldn't get stomped by Deathstroke whereas Bruce can give him good runs..."

I think it makes sense considering Dick has been personally trained by the likes of Batman himself, as well as Richard Dragon and some others. Bruce can give Slade good runs, sure, but Slade has also stomped him (in an encounter often cited by Slade proponents), whereas the same cannot be said where Bruce beating Slade is concerned. Bruce has never decisively beaten Slade in h2h (though that could change with their New 52 encounter that is upcoming). Bruce gives Slade good runs because he is not only more skilled than Dick, but he's more experienced, he's much stronger, much more durable, and he moves almost as fast as Dick moves.

"I don't think Grayson has feats of using his agility against established characters like Daredevil has with like completely dancing around Captain America while being hindered anti radar sense chaffs and holding back or evading Wolverine while being stuck in a tight room."

To each his own I guess. I'd say some of those showings, such as being able to evade and escape after being ambushed by Slade, are comparable. Does Dick have as many showings as DD, such as the ones you mentioned, against enhanced opponents similar to Cap and Wolverine? No. But, I don't count that against his acrobatics and agility, and I don't think it means he couldn't perform nearly as swimmingly against those two characters. Dick is widely considered the greatest acrobat on DC's earth, and different characters (e.g. Catwoman, Nightrunner) have noted that he moves faster than even Batman, which is smokin' fast.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it comes down to timing. If Batman and Robin can figure out Daredevils fighting style/ weakness to sonics in time (which is possible, but not a sure thing) then they take it. If not, I'd give it to Elektra and Daredevil. This is a tough one

baba3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon Batman would defeat Daredevil before Elektra takes out Damian, so Batman and Robin get my vote.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Darkseid_Prime
No Caption Provided

vs

winner
winner

DD & Elektra vs Batman & Catwoman would have been a more interesting match up.. but I think that's already been done on an older BoTW

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@monsterstomp said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I would make an argument for DD and Elektra but is there much point?

Sure. Go for it if you want.

I'm not going to change anybodies minds though. Or not enough anyway.

How would you know if you don't try? I personally edge it to Daredevil and Elektra too. Although, Elektra really does need more exposure on the Vine. I've underrated her, but she'd be able to take Damien. I think Dick Greyson would have faired better.

Because it's Batman. Unless it's a obvious stomp he's too popular lose a battle, especially with all the hype around Robin's return. Also have you seen the Dardevil battles around the Vine these days? It's depressing how downplayed he is now.

All of that is sadly very true. I honestly think DD could give Batman a hard time. He could at least hold him off long enough for Elektra to finish Robin and join him. Then the two of them together would be overwhelming for Batman.

But knowing how these things always go when theres a bat character involved Im not holding my breath :/

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

Loading Video...

Brofist! :D

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#114  Edited By save.me.now

@omnicrono said:
@save_me_now said:

I'd challenge anyone on CV with knowledge of these 4 characters to make a credible argument for Damian and Bruce winning based off anything besides their popularity.

Some reasonable arguments have already been made, such as much better gear versatility and teamwork.

I've seen no such arguments, point them out to me.

The best argument I've seen is that some of Elektra's feats could be attributed to a skrull. But even then she has plenty of feats that can post and pre secret invasion that show how much of a high tier opponent she is. A couple people have also proposed Bruce being able to figure out Matt's abilities despite having no foreknowledge of him. I call complete BS on this. Bruce has been whooped by plenty of opponents with obvious super human abilities on a random encounter. Matt's powers are much less obvious. Most of Bruce's victories against people with powers that I can think of are heavily reliant on prep.

I'd love to see some examples of Bruce instantly figuring out non obvious super powers in a random no prep/foreknowledge encounter. I would also love to see (or even hear about) examples of this "excellent teamwork" that Damian and Bruce have against high level opponents. Because I cannot think of even one instance of this. Usually when Bruce and Damian team up one of two things happens. Bruce doesn't trust Damian then gets super overprotective and makes mistakes he normally wouldn't make on his own. Or Damian doesn't follow his Dad's instructions or gets so caught up trying to prove himself to his dad that he makes a major mistake. Damian almost never sticks to his dad's plans and that's when they have time to make one.

And the blood-lusted Bruce arguments are heavily reliant on one thing. Elektra has to kill or maim Damian. Yes she kills people, but it's primarily for money (and even then she's turned down kills that go against her morals). Or if they're connected to The Hand/Bullseye. Or are coming at her with obvious lethal intent and are too skilled/powerful for her to fight/escape from otherwise. None of these apply to Damian, and except for the skill thing none apply to Bruce. An in character Elektra is just as likely to kill some random kid as she is to run and leave Matt to fight a two on one battle. So there's no chance of either of those things happening. I'd love to see examples that show evidence to the contrary though.

From what I've seen in this thread so far it's clear that Bruce and Damian are going to win. But it won't be because of fighting ability, just popularity.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By butters911

Backing DD and Elektra, Damien is the weak link that gives team 2 the edge. Team one may have sonics, but they don't have the knowledge that they would be especially useful for this match. Added to that is the fact that sonics aren't necessarily an auto win against DD anyway, he has pushed through and resisted them before. Elektra's own impressive level of skill compared to Damien's is what really gives team two the edge imo. What I mean by this is that, if she winds up fighting Damien she has the skill and abilities to make it a fairly short fight, Damian can put up a fight certainly, but he isn't lasting for a very long time. DareDevil fighting Batman, on the other hand, is a long and vicious fight. While DD may be a step below Batman in terms of Martial Arts skill (as a DD fan it really hurts me to say this D':) the thing that really lets him hold his own is his radar sense and superior reaction speed. Batman can't use stealth or sight based diversions on DD, Matt can track him by his heart beat alone and smoke pellets and other such diversions rely on messing with the opponents line of sight, which Matt (fortunately or unfortunately) doesn't have. Bruce will have a hard time using any kind of ranged weaponry against Matt as well, once again radar sense. DD can deflect and dodge anything Bats throws at him. Bruce has no real hope of catching Matt by surprise with a ricochet or boomerang shot either because DD's radar sense has a 360 degree field of view. They would wind up closing in for CQC fairly quickly, with DD's superior agility, speed, and senses I think Matt can hold his own long enough for Elektra to beat Damien and then move to help him take down Bats.

Elektra vs. Batman wouldn't be a very fair matchup, Elektra is good don't get me wrong, unfortunately Bruce is just that much better, she is out of her depth here. However Elektra has the showings and skills to put up a decent fight and make Bruce at least try for each win, if only a little bit. On the other hand DD vs. Damien, is borderline spite. Matt takes down Damien so fast it's not even funny, then moves to help Elektra with Batman, resulting in a two on one that Bruce eventually loses.

The key thing here is that while Batman may take down DD or Elektra, the length of time in which he does so, no matter how quickly he manages to do it, is guaranteed to take longer than the time either Matt or Elektra would need to take down Damian. All in all, Damian is simply not in the other three's league, whoever he winds up fighting, either Matt or Elektra, beat him soundly. He can make a fairly impressive stand but in the end he goes down. While both Matt and Elektra can hold their own against Bruce long enough for their partner to finish Damian and then help them take out Bats. Team 2, 6-7/10 with team 1 making them work for it every time.

This too! This is exactly how the fight would go down!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Gracetrack

@save_me_now said:

@omnicrono said:
@save_me_now said:

I'd challenge anyone on CV with knowledge of these 4 characters to make a credible argument for Damian and Bruce winning based off anything besides their popularity.

Some reasonable arguments have already been made, such as much better gear versatility and teamwork.

I've seen no such arguments, point them out to me.

Comments made by Wolverine08 and Frozen on page 2. Comment made by myself on page 1.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118  Edited By lagozzino

I like how most everyone, no matter what side they're voting for, is agreeing that Damien is a complete liability and the fight is really Batman vs. DD and Elektra. Maybe not the best match up for Damien Wayne month ;)

Anyway, I voted for DD and Elektra, but if all the other incredibly well-thought-out arguments in their favor haven't swayed everyone by now, then I can't see much point in throwing in a thorough argument.

Still, I do want to ask those that cite Batman's "superior gear" as a deciding factor in his win, exactly what gear do you think he has on him?

It's a random encounter with no prep time, which means he's just got the standard assortment of throwing projectiles, flashbangs, smoke bombs, and maybe some kind of electric shock device. Flashbangs and smoke bombs are inherently useless against Daredevil for obvious reasons, and Elektra can fight blind with ease. Projectiles would be a bit more effective, but Daredevil would be able to dodge most of them thanks to his super senses (I mean, one of his main villains is a guy that throws stuff at him with deadly accuracy, so I think DD has had more than enough practice dodging projectiles :P ), and if Elektra gets hit by a batarang it's not like it would slow her down at all.

You can believe that Batman is the superior fighter if you want, but I really don't think his toys would matter much at all in this particular situation.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By jashro44

Going with daredevil and elektra. Robin is easily the weak link and it wouldn't take much for either combatant to beat him.

@omnicrono said:

@johnny_blaze said:

I think the edge goes to Daredevil and Elektra. I don't think I've seen any human in the DC universe move as fast as them, other than Dick. Agility is going to be a problem for the duo IMO.

Dick is just as agile and skilled as Daredevil, if not more so, and that has never prevented Bruce from casually smacking him around for the sport of it.

Dick isn't even on the same tier as daredevil......His showings against other fighters are pretty bad. Lady shiva one shotted him during green arrow Volume 2, bamboo monkey was smacking him around until Connor stepped in, He lost to william cobbs (he was wounded but he admitted he would have lost at full strength) who a half dead batman trashed, Bane was unimpressed by Dick when they fought, he loses to deathstroke regularly, Cass danced around him in batgirl V2 so that contradicts their fight in outsiders, Bruce stomped him in Bruce Wayne fugitive, etc.

Daredevil on the other hand has consistent wins or good showings against people like wolverine, black panther, captain america, and iron fist. Daredevil has also shown a more diverse set of technical knowledge like pressure points which stop breathing, pressure points which make people think they're on fire, pressure points which overload punishers ridiculous pain tolerance, he's managed to use chi to heal his broken bones as well, etc.

Nightwing has way too many losses for me to say he is a top tier fighter. He's in the tier behind the other top tier fighters. Honestly what top tier fighter hasn't smacked nightwing around or embarrassed him?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What is considered "standard gear" for Batman? If he has some sort of sonic device in his standard gear, then DD could be in trouble. Assuming Bruce would figure out that's a weakness DD has. Let's not forget he is "The World's Greatest Detective" so I think it's totally in character for him to figure that out. If he does not, let's not forget that Murdoch spent as much time in intense training as Bruce did, and his radar does him an edge over Bruce. I think it comes down to what gear Bruce has on him. The tech could put him over the top. It's why I voted for Bats and Damien but I'm sure DD and Elektra could win. of course, it really depends on who's writing the story. :)

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121  Edited By TheDandyMan

I going to give Daredevil and Elektra a 7/10 majority. The fact that combatants are in character and have no prior knowledge mean Batman isn't going to pull out sonics (or many other gadgets) in a rush and Matt certainly has the reflexes and agility to hold his own against Bruce. Robin should be despatched of pretty quickly considering Elektra is a top-martial artist in the Marvel universe, she has constantly beaten foes of greater power than Damian. Daredevil will then gain the assistance he needs to finish off Batman. This final fight won't be easy though...

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juzacloud said:

@saren said:

@juzacloud said:

who has damian wayne defeated that wasn't fodder street thugs?

Daredevil and Elektra.....shortly.

Nah, he's not beating daredevil. At first thought I don't see how he beats elektra either. I don't know anything about him other than the animated movie where he did a number on deathstroke (I'm sure that's not canon). He was a nuisance and undisciplined then. Has he changed in the comics?

Knows nothing about the character [Except for a non-canon movie.] says he'd get beat anyway. Cool.

yeah, im sure its safe to say he can't put a scratch on daredevil. seems others in here agree that he is a non-factor in this fight. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt with elektra. Instead you focus on me not knowing much about the character, rather than giving the info I asked for. Keep your mouth shut if you aren't going to contribute to the thread at hand. Your post is pointless. cool.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so it's a random and Damian is the weak link. DD and Elektra take it in any world but one decided by a fan vote.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@johnny_blaze said:

I think the edge goes to Daredevil and Elektra. I don't think I've seen any human in the DC universe move as fast as them, other than Dick. Agility is going to be a problem for the duo IMO.

Dick is just as agile and skilled as Daredevil, if not more so, and that has never prevented Bruce from casually smacking him around for the sport of it.

Batman also has a mental advantage over Dick and he's also the one that trained him so he knows him rather well.Daredevil has stood his ground against the likes of Spider-Man Captain America and Winter Soldier and Iron Fist.Batman isn't gonna walk all over him.

ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Batman and Robin might take the win. After thinking about it for a long time, I realized that Batman and Robin could actually win this battle. I think Batman outclasses Daredevil when it comes to H2H combat, and analyzing people's moves and weak points. It would not be very hard for Batman to analyze Daredevil's weak points and moves because he is blind. Don't get me wrong, Daredevil is a master of fighting blind, but I do not think he can handle Batman. Now for Damian Wayne. I think Elektra might outclass him in most ways, like skill, agility, H2H combat, flexibility, and maybe durability. If you really think about it, most of the people that Damian beat, were street thugs. For instance, he can't beat peak humans like Captain America, and in my opinion, they weakened Deathstroke a lot in Son of Batman. There was no way Damian could have beaten Slade, and I do not think he can beat Elektra. Now here is the real problem (for Elektra). If she kills Damian Wayne, Batman will go crazy, and you do not mess with a crazy Batman. But even if Batman is not crazy, I think he can still take down Elektra after some time. Batman and Robin win 6/10.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

elektra alone wins, adding daredevil to weaken the bat for her just adds an extra edge. since damian has no qualms in killing i would place him as the primary threat hence elektra taking him out while matt fights bat. win or lose doesnt matter cause elektra can easily take down the bat with no help

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Gracetrack

@jashro44 said:

Dick isn't even on the same tier as daredevil......His showings against other fighters are pretty bad. Lady shiva one shotted him during green arrow Volume 2, bamboo monkey was smacking him around until Connor stepped in, He lost to william cobbs (he was wounded but he admitted he would have lost at full strength) who a half dead batman trashed, Bane was unimpressed by Dick when they fought, he loses to deathstroke regularly, Cass danced around him in batgirl V2 so that contradicts their fight in outsiders, Bruce stomped him in Bruce Wayne fugitive, etc.

Nightwing has way too many losses for me to say he is a top tier fighter. He's in the tier behind the other top tier fighters.

Basically what I'm hearing is...

• One-shotted by a Shiva (arguably the world's greatest martial artist) who has also pummeled Batman on occasion = Dick stinks.
  • Losing to Bamboo Monkey, a top tier martial artist and master of the Bamboo style of Kung-Fu (an acrobatic style), a guy near-perfectly suited to fighting Dick's own acrobatic style = Dick stinks.
  • Losing to William Cobb, the Court's deadliest assassin with genetically enhanced speed, strength, and durability (Bruce himself unable to even collapse his windpipe after applying ten times the force needed to collapse a regular human's) = Dick stinks.
  • Being scoffed at by Bane, the man who literally broke the Bat (which had never been done, and has never been done since) = Dick stinks.
  • Losing to Deathstroke... lol... the guy that even superhumans fear = Dick stinks.

Okay, sure. You stick with that. You'll forgive me though if I don't agree with your reasoning as to why Dick isn't a top tier fighter.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone here reading Elektra's current series? She would wreck Damian in less than 5 seconds.

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big fan of Batman and a huge fan of Daredevil but the billionaire sociopath would stomp them both alone.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People that think that Damian stands a chance against Daredevil or Elektra seriously needs to read a Daredevil comic.Either Daredevil or Elektra might even one shot that kid.And Batman isn't gonna walk over Daredevil contrary to popular belief.If you want a fair fight you should've choose Jason Todd or Nightwing because this isn't fair but as @jonny_anonymousalready pointed out,why bother.

RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The community needs to come together to petition to remove Batman from the BotW polls. His "legend" is too much of an overriding factor to what these polls are supposed to be about. Anytime Batman shows up, skill and actual comic based arguments go out the window and it becomes a popularity poll.

I voted DD and Elektra because I think that Elektra could legitimately beat Batman in a straight up fight. Damien is skilled in his own right, but others have stated correctly that he wouldn't be able to defeat either of them. Stick DD on Damien and have Elektra go to town on Batman.

But because Batman, Batgod and Damien win...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@jashro44 said:

Nightwing has way too many losses for me to say he is a top tier fighter. He's in the tier behind the other top tier fighters.

• One-shotted by a Shiva (arguably the world's greatest martial artist) who has also pummeled Batman on occasion = Dick stinks.
  • Losing to Bamboo Monkey, a top tier martial artist and master of the Bamboo style of Kung-Fu (an acrobatic style), a guy near-perfectly suited to fighting Dick's own acrobatic style = Dick stinks.
  • Losing to William Cobb, the Court's deadliest assassin with genetically enhanced speed, strength, and durability (Bruce himself unable to even collapse his windpipe after applying ten times the force needed to collapse a regular human's) = Dick stinks.
  • Being scoffed at by Bane, the man who literally broke the Bat (which had never been done, and has never been done since) = Dick stinks.
  • Losing to Deathstroke... lol... the guy that even superhumans fear = Dick stinks.

Okay, sure. You stick with that.

Getting one-shotted by Shiva is pretty bad for someone of Dick's level. I'm not saying Dick could beat her in a fight, but even Tim Drake and Huntress have managed to withstand Shiva's first blow even if they didn't have a shot at winning. Then again, Sensei is arguably the real holder of the world's-greatest-martial-artist title, and Dick did alright against him.

Cobb wasn't the Court's deadliest assassin, Felix Harmon would eat him for lunch. A half-dead, incredibly weakened Batman viciously beat Cobb to death with his bare hands.

Dick's track record is better in more recent years, but he was pretty mediocre before that. Daredevil may not be able to beat Batman, but he'd at least be able to make contact with him; Dick couldn't even manage that under Brubaker.

Anyway, Batman solos

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@nimamindtricks: Yep, I used to think she was a bit of an easy target before reading the series.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#134  Edited By save.me.now

@comiking24:

Give me some examples from Elektra's recent history that make you think she'd kill some random kid.

@omnicrono: I saw all of those comments and I think they presume a lot. Even in the ideal (for batman & robin) matchups of Bruce vs Elektra and Damian vs Matt. As far as I know the gap between Elektra and Bruce is much less than the gap between Damian and Matt. Unless you have examples to show Damian being comparable to Matt against skilled opponents. If Matt senses Elektra losing badly I don't see whats to stop him from K.O.'ing Damian and helping Elektra. Also I'm still waiting on examples of Bruce and Damian's "excellent team cohesion". As far as I know they have much less on panel time as partners than Matt and Elektra. Until I have the examples I'm asking for I'm gonna have to give the slight edge to Team Marvel (7/10 fights).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Okay, sure. You stick with that. You'll forgive me though if I don't agree with your reasoning.

Yes getting one shotted by lady shiva when other top tier fighters can at least hold their own with her means Dick isn't a top tier fighter. And bamboo monkey a top tier fighter? Not even close. Connor wrecked him like nothing. As far as bringing up william cobbs other fight where Bruce tried a pressure point and it didn't work thats still no excuse for losing, considering batman trashed cobbs in their second fight.

And bane needed prep to break batman so I am not sure what your point is. As far as deathstroke goes I've said it before and I'll say it again his stats are not above captain americas significantly. Top tier fighters like Cassandra cain, bronze tiger, and batman have held there own with him at some point. Dick sometimes does but he usually ends up getting stomped.

Daredevil held his own against iron fist who is definitely comparable to lady shiva. Cobbs healing factor also means little when daredevil recently just wrecked deadpool, and has held his own with wolverine just fine both of whom have better healing and skill feats than cobbs. Captain america and black panther are both comparable to Slade physically and skillwise and daredevil has always held his own when they fought, and has even been able to get a win on both of them at one point. Dicks fights range from taking the upper hand on Slade to getting stomped (the latter being the more consistent). Bamboo monkey was stomped by Connor Hawke, comparatively moleman danced around and got multiple strikes on wolverine and daredevil was able to match moleman move for move before knocking him out.

Literally if you compare the enemies that Dick fought to enemies that daredevil has fought, you begin to realize daredevil has been able to do much better than enemies with similar skills and abilities. Hell in some cases the enemies daredevil fought were better than the enemies Dick fought and daredevil still did way better.

TheTrueRedKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman (my favorite comic book character) and Robin with no prep vs two superhuman characters?

I have always been a proponent that the main reason Batman is able to beat superhumans is because of prep. Anyone with even a slight strength or speed advantage over human physiology is going to give Batman a major problem. Let alone 2 characters with heightened physical ability specifically trained to fight.

Damien can be considered a downgraded version of Batman for the purposes of this fight, so any disadvantages relevant to Batman are only magnified for Damien.

Starting just 20 feet away, barely the space to draw a breath before someone WITHOUT superhuman abilities is on top of you, without prep, and with the understanding to take out the opponent, Daredevil and Elektra take this pretty handily.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone here reading Elektra's current series? She would wreck Damian in less than 5 seconds.

I'm sure they're probably not reading it.She just beat the Serpent Society pretty much by herself and she took on Whiplash,Jack O'lantern and Tiger Shark at the same time all amped up.She also defeated Crossbones.But I expect nothing less from a site that had a poster saying that Batman would beat Daredevil Moon Knight and The Punisher all at once.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would try to make an argument for Daredevil and Elektra, but it wouldn't matter. Batman is such an overrated character that no argument is going to matter.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would try to make an argument for Daredevil and Elektra, but it wouldn't matter. Batman is such an overrated character that no argument is going to matter.

Yup let's just save our breathe.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Gracetrack
@saren said:

Cobb wasn't the Court's deadliest assassin, Felix Harmon would eat him for lunch. A half-dead, incredibly weakened Batman viciously beat Cobb to death with his bare hands.

True. And Jashro pointed that out as well. The reason I didn't address it is because I chalk that up more to, well... Batman being Batman. He has almost always had vast reserves of stamina and strength when compared to Dick (or any "street level" character for that matter). That and sometimes the most dangerous thing you can do is back a caged and starving animal up against a wall. Regardless, it really didn't seem like a skill or agility thing that gave Batman the edge over Cobb in that encounter. More like an explosion of pure ferocity and strength.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Default wins are the best wins!

I mean, come on, the Snake Eyes people argued for pages and that guy doesn't have as many fans on this site as Daredevil and Elektra.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

True. And Jashro pointed that out as well. The reason I didn't address it is because I chalk that up more to, well... Batman being Batman. He has almost always had vast reserves of stamina and strength when compared to Dick (or any "street level" character for that matter). That and sometimes the most dangerous thing you can do is back a caged and starving animal up against a wall. Regardless, it really didn't seem like a skill or agility thing that gave Batman the edge over Cobb in that encounter. More like an explosion of pure ferocity and strength.

Is it supposed to be a point in Cobb's favor that he can be killed without any skill or agility required?

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#143  Edited By lagozzino

@nimamindtricks said:

I'm sure they're probably not reading it.She just beat the Serpent Society pretty much by herself and she took on Whiplash,Jack O'lantern and Tiger Shark at the same time all amped up.She also defeated Crossbones.But I expect nothing less from a site that had a poster saying that Batman would beat Daredevil Moon Knight and The Punisher all at once.

Hell, I'm still annoyed that Elektra lost the BOTW to friggin Green Arrow on the basis of "Well he has trick arrows".

I love you Comicvine, but sometimes I just don't get you...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@nimamindtricks said:

Hell, I'm still annoyed that Elektra lost the BOTW to friggin Green Arrow on the basis of "Well he has trick arrows".

I love you Comicvine, but sometimes I just don't get you...

I'm sure the Arrow fans were plenty annoyed when he lost the BOTW to Punisher because "bullets > arrows".

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By HushoftheWind
ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind:

I generally ignore anything to do with Avenger's Assemble but......nice!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I respect every single user who thinks that DD and Elektra have a chance here but I have to tell them everything in the eyes - you guys are wrong! THey do have a chance of hurting both Batman and Damian a little but they cna't put them down. The Dynamic Duo is too well trained and their work together is rather amazing. Another thing is that if Bruce sees that Damian is in danger and either Elektra or Matt can hurt him badly - he would not tolerate that and will do everything he can to destroy them.

sonofodin25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By sonofodin25

Batman and Robin win if they work as a team, however this is Damian and he doesn't usually work well with anyone.... (If it were Dick Grayson or Tim Drake I'd give it to Batman and Robin)

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Gracetrack

@saren said:

Is it supposed to be a point in Cobb's favor that he can be killed without any skill or agility required?

No.

Is it supposed to be a point against Dick that he couldn't beat Cobb using agility and skill, when Batman didn't either?

Against Cobb, I imagine Matt would have fallen almost as quickly as Dick did, because he doesn't have Bruce's strength, durability, or stamina either. Matt's certainly had his booty handed to him by lesser threats, such as Ikari in Mark Waid's run. He didn't even need to go through a week of being starved and drugged to get pummeled in that instance.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997:

The point is that Damian wouldn't last long enough against either Matt or Elektra for Bruce to do anything about it, especially since he'll have his hands full with whoever he's up against. Then it comes down to a 2v1, DD has the showings to give Batman a good fight on his own, Elektra just tips the scales in team 2's favor. How exactly can DareDevil, one of Marvel's most accomplished and experienced fighters, not put down Damian Wayne? What skill/durability/reflex feats does Damian have that put him anywhere near either Matt or Elektra? Damian goes down hard and he goes down fast, regardless of whoever he winds up facing. How long have Bruce Damian been working together? What teamwork have they displayed that puts them above the two trained ninja's that have years of experience working together?