Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By DarthAznable

@granitesoldier said:

@edgejohn said:

Namor drowns Aquaman to death. Huge mismatch

How do you drown...that which breathes under water?

No Caption Provided

Stick his finger in his gills?

Getting a little too kinky here.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#202  Edited By Teerack

@hiddenlight said:

@dennisstyle said:

@teerack: Na. It says morals apply. That means morals are on.

It's sarcasm from him.

Even with morals on she could do the same sorta thing with barriers inside of their body in a much less lethal amount. For example putting just a small golf ball sized barrier around your lower intestine would feel like you were having a severe case of chromes disease resuting in uncontrollable throwing up and enough stomach panic to cause people to faint. That would just be one thing she could do THROUGHOUT the entire fight while she is cutting off their air supply and hitting them with invisible walls while Nammor runs around hitting them as well.

sethcohan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By sethcohan

Aquamans trident can break through forcefields, and this is with the blunt end of his trident.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for Namor, He was just easily stabbed by a sword and died. Where as for Aquaman, that poooop would've broken on his skin.

sethcohan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By sethcohan
JephTheNeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight said:

@jephtheneek: Current Invisible Woman is probably under the influence of Malice, so her morals aren't a problem here, she isn't the same Sue Storm that she used to be. Also, she have a strategic mind and fought beings that had as much experience and power as Mera. Also, her powers blocks the powers of Mera, that are telepathic in nature, if she shielded herself, Mera wouldn't enter the forcefield by brute force and wouldn't be able to manipulate the water inside. The same could be said if Sue caged her, she wouldn't be able to manipulate the water outside and wouldn't be able to break the forcefield by brute force. Another possible outcome is Sue seeing her hydrokinesis and just placing a bubble around Mera's head, completely negating her hydrokinesis (Also, this is a move that Sue does often against really powerful foes or foes that fight using psionics commands, she would, purposely or accidentally, remove Mera from the fight). And not that this would make any difference, but she could do exactly the same against Aquaman (I don't see how a whale is going to help him in central park or the reason why he would summon something like Topo in the middle of New York city while with Morals On).

The setting says "usual set" though, "Malice Sue" isnt a usual character, and can I see a scan showing that Sue can block psionics abilities? Also it was never stated that Mera's ability is mental based, and just because you have a force field it doesnt protect you from internal attacks or whatever attacks from within the field its just external attacks. Once Mera realizes that brute force would not work on Sue she will use that tactic

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sue just makes herself an Namor invisible, as well as making the DC team's optic nerve invisible making them blind, and encases them both in a force field that does not let them move.

Aquaman becomes useless, who cares if your trident can or cant pierce a force field if you can't move your arm.

If Mera tries to do anything with the water in their bodies, she gets crushed.

Namor can sit there and gloat.

Simple as that.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By uugieboogie

@hiddenlight said:

@jephtheneek: Current Invisible Woman is probably under the influence of Malice, so her morals aren't a problem here, she isn't the same Sue Storm that she used to be. Also, she have a strategic mind and fought beings that had as much experience and power as Mera. Also, her powers blocks the powers of Mera, that are telepathic in nature, if she shielded herself, Mera wouldn't enter the forcefield by brute force and wouldn't be able to manipulate the water inside. The same could be said if Sue caged her, she wouldn't be able to manipulate the water outside and wouldn't be able to break the forcefield by brute force. Another possible outcome is Sue seeing her hydrokinesis and just placing a bubble around Mera's head, completely negating her hydrokinesis (Also, this is a move that Sue does often against really powerful foes or foes that fight using psionics commands, she would, purposely or accidentally, remove Mera from the fight). And not that this would make any difference, but she could do exactly the same against Aquaman (I don't see how a whale is going to help him in central park or the reason why he would summon something like Topo in the middle of New York city while with Morals On).

The setting says "usual set" though, "Malice Sue" isnt a usual character, and can I see a scan showing that Sue can block psionics abilities? Also it was never stated that Mera's ability is mental based, and just because you have a force field it doesnt protect you from internal attacks or whatever attacks from within the field its just external attacks. Once Mera realizes that brute force would not work on Sue she will use that tactic

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Hiddenlight

@sethcohan: Because of course, breaking the force field from anyone = breaking the force fields of Sue Storm.

Sue Storm tanked a gamma bomb explosion set by Thanos, a swing from Mjolnir, Nukes, the Hulk and the Void. Not saying that Aquaman wouldn't eventually break her forcefields, but that wouldn't be an one-shot.

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sue doesn't know Atlantean physiology (at least not the DC Atlanteans), so she won't be able to attack their anatomy at the start of the fight. She's prone to attack with the blunt force of her shields which probably won't phase the DC team.

With the fight taking place near the coast, Mera can just drag Sue to the bottom of the ocean until her force field gives way to the pressure.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sue doesn't know Atlantean physiology (at least not the DC Atlanteans), so she won't be able to attack their anatomy at the start of the fight. She's prone to attack with the blunt force of her shields which probably won't phase the DC team.

With the fight taking place near the coast, Mera can just drag Sue to the bottom of the ocean until her force field gives way to the pressure.

What happens if Sue makes Namor & herself invisible?

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If either Sue or Mera use their abilities right, this fight could end in seconds. However, I doubt either would. While Sue can easily solo, I don't see her ending the fight just like that. Mera on the other hand is far more ruthless, but if she gets Namor while Sue is still around, she could get locked down easily. Though I see Aquaman fighting Namor & Sue fighting Mera. Honestly, Mera is a lot faster & could potentially blitz Sue. Brain popping or locking someone down is just not how Sue fights. When she is completely outmatched, yes, that is how she fights.

Anyway,

Aquaman Vs Namor. I think Arthur would beat Namor. Sure Namor's stronger, but Aquaman is faster & has better weaponry. Arthur's far more tactical, whereas Namor can fly, but I think these two would fight each other head on. If Namor starts beating on Arthur, I see Arthur giving Namor a seizure just enough to incap him. He may even just skewer Namor. If Namor's being beaten down by Aquaman, well, Namor...punches him?

I don't know.

Basically, if Sue doesn't solo Arthur & Mera win in a good fight.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greatest_username: Whats there to know? They have heads, stomachs, limbs, ect. so I don't understand how this is much of an argument.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Hiddenlight

@uugieboogie: It was stated that the hydrokinesis from Mera comes from her telepathic control over the water, which Sue can easily cut (As Black Manta did), also, in addition to the scans above, she also have cut more recently the powers from Red Ghost that also uses telepathic command.

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: While in character, Sue is not going to put a bubble in their heads. She also doesn't know where there organs are or what they look like so I don't see how she can put a bubble in their stomachs.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: It was stated that the hydrokinesis from Mera comes from her telepathic control over the water, which Sue can easily cut (As Black Manta did), also, in addition to the scans above, she also have cut more recently the powers from Red Ghost that also uses telepathic command.

Think you tagged the wrong person... I think you wanted @jephtheneek

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: While in character, Sue is not going to put a bubble in their heads. She also doesn't know where there organs are or what they look like so I don't see how she can put a bubble in their stomachs.

She doesn't have to put the bubble in their head to KO them. Its different ways she can she can use her powers to suffocate them & KO them.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight said:

I'm sorry, thank you.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greatest_username: She doesn't need to know exactly, they are human like after all. So putting a bubble in their chest/torso area would have about the same result. Honestly, people use this argument to much. But hey that's just my opinion.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AquaMan and Mera for the win !!!! Arthur has strength compareable to Super-man and Wonder woman. he also has his trident to use as well. not that he needs it. Round for round, Hit for Hit.... i give this to Aquaman. Namor is fast,agile, and has his nasty temper, but realistically he can't tango with the Hulk or Thing. we all know Arthur can hang with the big boys. Aquaman beats Namor by knockout.

Mera has similar strength as Aquaman, she also has the power to control water. make them into projectiles, drain it from your body as seen pages ahead of my post another member posted. Mera also has that bad ass attitude that she will do what she has to do regardless if it means ending her opponents life. Sue has always been one to just want to win but wouldn't want to end someone's life to do so. because of her kind hearted mind set and the thought of harming someone even a bad guy is not right. that makes me believe the DC Duo win this battle no contest.....

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

@hiddenlight said:

I'm sorry, thank you.

No worries

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Hawkguy

Arthur and Mera.

80% of the fights will go with Arthur and Mera splitting up and taking the enemy of the same gender. Everyone seems to be underestimating Mera's ability to manipulate water. Even if Sue goes invisible Mera could EASILY control her with the 65% of water content in her body. Not only that but Mera's morals aren't as strict as Sue's, she'd do it without hesitation. That means flooding Sue's brain, causing any internal organ to explode or outright draining her entire body dry in a matter of seconds.

Now Aquaman vs. Namor is a closer fight but Namor's feats have decreased recently, he was even defeated by T'Challa in the current New Avengers run. I don't see Namor's flight coming into play at all since Arthur wouldn't be so easily removed from the battlefield, especially considering that Mera would have his back like no tomorrow once she has dealt with Sue.

In terms of speed and strength both males seem equals, Arthur's biggest advantage will be, as I mentioned earlier, having Mera by his side very soon after the fight has started. Reason being, if Namor's biological aspects are Atlantean then he's just as susceptible to Mera's abilities as the Atlanteans in the Aquaman comic, and Mera had killed 3 of them by controlling water she was able to access through a crack in a wall (Aquaman #25) let alone having access to a river or small pond.

Arthur's trident is just icing on top.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we all agree namor dies I'm OK with whatever the result is.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and Mera are gonna lose with Sue Storm around. She's one of the most underrated powerhouses in Marvel regardless if she's using morals or not. Yeah she turns invisible but those force fields of hers wrecked even Dr. Doom and a portion of Latveria. Aquaman's trident is probably the only thing that's gonna penetrate those bubbles of her's but tough luck of that happening when his head is encased and Namor is around to give him trouble.

Mera is pretty deadly but if Sue feels that she's in serious danger, she would wreck her like she did what that one Celestial.

City-busting Force Bubbles > Hydrokinesis

Leafx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Leafx

How the heck are Aquaman and Mera winning this? I''m beginning to think most of you guys just vote for the character of the month without thinking of who would actually win. Honestly I think Susan Storm solos. The fact that she has a powerhouse like Namor backing her up puts them both WAY over the other team. Arthur may have his trident and Mera her magic but that wont do a lot of good when Sue force fields both herself and Namor, allowing them to damage Arthur and Mera but not getting damaged themselves. This coupled with the fact that Namor has canonically beaten hulk, one of the strongest characters in the Marvel U, and during Dark Reign he managed to hold off the Sentry all by himself so Sentry wouldn't stomp the other X-men. Arthur on the other hand, while impressive I can't think of one time he's truly "beaten" one of the super heavyweights akin to hulk in the DCU. Frankly I think this fight is open and shut case. Namor's crazy strength combined with Sue's defense capabilities and her incredibly flexible offensive capabilities allow Namor and Sue to take this at least 7/10.

Minazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@tg_54 said:

can someone give me a little backstory on namor and sue?? how are they together? did this happen in the ultimate universe or something?

They're not together. Namor just periodically tries to steal Sue away but she never leaves Reed because the cosmic rays gave him some very interesting powers.

Naughty, but hilarious.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

Arthur and Mera.

80% of the fights will go with Arthur and Mera splitting up and taking the enemy of the same gender. Everyone seems to be underestimating Mera's ability to manipulate water. Even if Sue goes invisible Mera could EASILY control her with the 65% of water content in her body. Not only that but Mera's morals aren't as strict as Sue's, she'd do it without hesitation. That means flooding Sue's brain, causing any internal organ to explode or outright draining her entire body dry in a matter of seconds.

Now Aquaman vs. Namor is a closer fight but Namor's feats have decreased recently, he was even defeated by T'Challa in the current New Avengers run. I don't see Namor's flight coming into play at all since Arthur wouldn't be so easily removed from the battlefield, especially considering that Mera would have his back like no tomorrow once she has dealt with Sue.

In terms of speed and strength both males seem equals, Arthur's biggest advantage will be, as I mentioned earlier, having Mera by his side very soon after the fight has started. Reason being, if Namor's biological aspects are Atlantean then he's just as susceptible to Mera's abilities as the Atlanteans in the Aquaman comic, and Mera had killed 3 of them by controlling water she was able to access through a crack in a wall (Aquaman #25) let alone having access to a river or small pond.

Arthur's trident is just icing on top.

You realize Panther is pretty powerful right now right? And even then the only reason Panther stood up to him were due to gear and the fact that Namor never gave the impression he was taking the fight seriously IMO.

Avatar image for superman_action_comics
Superman_Action_Comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a really close matchup. On the one hand I think that Aquaman could handle Namor and Mera is a flat out beast. On the other, Sue has the ability to be an X factor in this one. I also think that Aquaman and Mera are a better team than Namor and Sue. However, it depends on who ends up fighting who, if the males fight each other, and the females do the same, I think Aquaman's team wins. But if the Atlanteans make the mistake of killing Namor, as Mera would be able to do by taking all the water out of his body, then I think Sue's morals go out the window and Aquaman and Mera get their brains popped. But, Namor's ego may force him to try and take more than he can handle, leaving him and Sue vulnerable. I think Aquaman and Mera take this 6-7/10.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By GreenFuse

Sue solos. Too flexible AND has flat out killing power. If I were Sue I'd just automatically put bubbles in people's brains.

See Aquaman and Mera coming...brain bubble x2.

Someone cuts me off in traffic...brain bubble.

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Namor was killed by Aquaman and Mera, Sue realized she didn't care and left.

Meanwhile Reed Richards had gone Dr.Doom crazy towards Namor. Not realizing Namor was already dead Reed tried to destroy the multiverse. But this terrible plan would never come to fruition, as moments before the multiverse was destroyed Spider-man shot a web at Richards. This caused him to fall, accidentally hit is doomsday weapon, and fuse all the Multiverse into one.

and that's Secret Wars 2.

JephTheNeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By JephTheNeek

I can see how the force field would block out mental attacks and even telekinetic, but I just think Hydrokinesis is much more sophisticated, Sue isnt making her own pocket universe inside her bubble where she is a goddess in there

Superman_Action_Comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@bump1010 said:

As long as we all agree namor dies I'm OK with whatever the result is.

No Caption Provided

max8800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Namor has always seemed to me as a more passionate and tempered fighter than Arthur. Plus, Invisible Woman could solo cuz she's JESSICA ALBA. case closed.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see how the force field would block out mental attacks and even telekinetic, but I just think Hydrokinesis is much more sophisticated, Sue isnt making her own pocket universe inside her bubble where she is a goddess in there

Doesn't "hydrokinesis" mean to mentally move or give motion to water?

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Is the version of Sue Storm being used here somehow different from her normal incarnation? Apparently people are bringing up "Malice Sue Storm" as a version of Sue that is both amped and has looser morals?

Generally I tend to think of Sue Storm as not particularly violent and that her forcefields should protect her from Hyrdokinesis. Mera's Hydrokinesis requires a pathway to the target's fluids. (The pathway must be permeable to some degree, opponents with molecular impermeability as a part of their armor or powerset can ignore Hydrokinesis when it's applied to their bodies.)

Regardless, I think Team 1 has a rather sizeable advantage in this fight as they can take it to the water or bring the water to themselves via Mera's Hydrokinesis. They are in Battery Park, so water is nearby enough for Mera to even pull a tidal wave-esque attack to at least flood the nearby surroundings.

If the battle ends up taking place underwater Namor should normally have an advantage, but Mera can dehydrate him or even create a bubble of lack of water around Namor while simultaneously dehydrating him.

Mera can also sense bodies of water without seeing them, as she was taught to think of water as an extension of herself while learning Xebelian Hydrokinesis. Simply turning invisible won't be enough to protect Sue or Namor. Sue will have to actively be shielding the both of them from dehydration at all times... effectively removing Namor from the battlefield.

Which basically reduces this battle to Aquaman and Mera vs Sue Storm.

From there... well, I'd say Aquaman and Mera would bring the fight to the water completely and Sue would just end up losing stamina over time in a protracted fight where both of team 1 is out of sight but not out of offensive hydrokinesis range.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I forget how much of a scumbag Namor is.

Yup lol

jaybake724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and Namor is a wash. The battle is won and lost by the women. Mera is way too badass for IW to handle. Her manipulation of water could be used to expose sues location. Plus Sue is way too apprehensive where Mera is a viscous warrior in battle.

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I know nothing about Namor, but I know Mera could wipe the seafloor with Susan Storm, so my money's on her

MoSsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and Mera take this one. Mera is one bada** woman and also my favorite DC heroine.

JephTheNeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: depends on which definition you take it from but since Aquaman's ability is also mental based I guess it would be safe to assume its the same for Mera, but again I just cant see your bodily fluids being safe just because you have an external defense, its the same with what Sue did to Doom's armor

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My answer will be an image I will be editing later lol :p

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Dark_Stranger

@leafx said:

How the heck are Aquaman and Mera winning this? I''m beginning to think most of you guys just vote for the character of the month without thinking of who would actually win.

Well yeah. It's a "Popularity Contest" after all.

Sure enough that I agree how "reasonably" the tag team of Sue & Namor would win this battle against Aquaman and Mera. However reason and logic mean crap when it comes down to popularity contests.

You could have the most weakest and incompetent fighter against the likes of Darkseid, Thanos, Genocide, Onslaught, Yuga Khan, Galactus, etc. But despite the fact of him or her reasonably having their butt obliterated by said powerhouses, the fact he or she would be more popular is more than enough to garner a win, regardless again of reason an logic.

Aside from that, you also will have people who might not be even be familiar with other character(s) to vote an comment against. Which will result in them just favoring the one or ones they would be, regardless again if they'd win or not. An of course you'll also have the really blind type of sorts, who'll just vote for a favored character(s) regardless if "they" know that said favored character(s) will lose or not.

Just how it goes with these things. An why I'm no fan of popularity contests.

But hey, if you want to make logic an reason matter for these sorts of things. Then try making a case to @k4tzm4n about it. Maybe you'll get lucky or something.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: its New52 Aquaman so no TP and he sucker punched Supes and Diana would wreck him, Namors actually traded blows with Hulk, Thor etc. They're evenly matched. Sue and Mera on the other hand I don't know about.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#244  Edited By vinomonster
No Caption Provided

This is my vote.

wrongdamnside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and Mera take this.

Teamwork will be key in this fight, and that advantage undoubtedly goes to team Aquaman. Arthur and Mera have been fighting side by side long enough to know how to cover each other's weaknesses when it comes to power, range, or speed.

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

namor and sue should win this one in my opinion. namor and aqua man are about the same with namor slightly stronger but it comes all down to mera and sue they both do impressive things but i think sues versatility with her powers will allow her team to win in this battle and judge off of sues character she will do what is need to win at the end of the day

Superman_Action_Comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_top_hat: I agree that Sue has a strong will to do what must be done but so does Mera. Mera was a warrior of Xebel sent to kill Aquaman. I doubt she will fall in love with Sue,so she finishes the job on this one.

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Stewart77

Um, Sue could take all three at once... how is this a fair battle?

Remember Sue has taken down Celestials all on her own... Sue verse Superman... now that would be a battle for the ages.

Remember her tactical battle-sense is near equal that of Reed. Also, the FF would have been instantly killed many times over if not for the near instantaneous use of her powers; her control is innately natural.

Sadly, it looks like this is coming down to a popularity contest (as mentioned above). Oh well... she's still the most powerful Marvel character in my book!

Warathusis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Nothing if Namor has his Trident. He can summon a Tidal Wave to replenish himself all the while putting the surrounding Surface Dwellers in danger forcing Mera and Aquaman to focus on saving them.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#250  Edited By CitizenSentry

@citizensentry said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@citizensentry: Saw that you called a lot of admins for one comment, all you need to do is flag the comment, it gets the job done and you do not need to make the admins go out of their way for nothing.

So? why are you getting involved?

I have been around for a while.........

Lol no you have not come close to being around here for a while, your oldest post is from 3 months ago.

2014-10-23 here is your join date, your definition of "a while" is seriously flawed.

There is a flag button for a reason, you do not need to call all of the admins for that minor issue, it was so minor you did not even need to flag it.

I got involved because you did not understand a simple(very simple) thing.

Yeah I created an account 3 months ago. but I've been reading battles on here for about 9-11 months.