-No BFR

-Bloodlust

-Red Hulk as written by Jeph Loeb

-Sentry as written by Brian Michael Bendis

Fight takes place in Metropolis:

Who wins?

#2 Edited by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk likely beats Sentry to death with the coffin of Sentry's dead wife while Sentry cries his eyes out.

#4 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on morals . Sentry could win , but because of his depression , or whatever , Red Hulk should win .

#5 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Red hulk Stomps, he destroyed Silver Surfer when written by lobo

#6 Posted by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

The combined mixture of the Loeb force and the Bendis force is too potent for the fight to contain and causes multiple fanboy rages across the universe before it is finished.

#7 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb Force >>>>>>>>> all.

#8 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb Force wins the day.

Rulk absorbs Sentry powers then becomes Bulk a.k.a. Blonde Hulk.

#9 Posted by ComicStooge (13362 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

The combined mixture of the Loeb force and the Bendis force is too potent for the fight to contain and causes multiple fanboy rages across the universe before it is finished.

This.

#10 Posted by New_World_Order (13280 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

#11 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair Red Hulk being able to drain Silver Surfer and Hulk was part of his character, it tied into his origin as a part gamma part cosmic superhuman. And as for him beating Thor, The Hulk has done stuff like that before and face it taking Mjolnir into a 0 gravity environment was pretty clever. This is an unpopular opinion but the Loeb McGuiness combo is one of the most entertaining in comics. There was a sense of wonder and excitement to Loeb's Hulk run, it was pretty clear from the start that Ross was the Red Hulk but it was still interesting learning about the Intelligencia and their schemes. Could Red Hulk beat Sentry? Probably not. Bendis and Loeb aren't bad writers, they consistently deliver fun comics and I don't think it's fair that two cool to decent characters (Rulk and Sentry) get demonized as walking PIS, just because they beat a fan-favorite character.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

The Loeb force is too great to be stopped.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

in reality sentry stomps, but if loeb is writing who knows.

#14 Posted by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

"on the other side of the world, a comicbook fan randomly goes blind due to the cataclysmic forces released by this unholy battle"

#15 Posted by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

"on the other side of the world, a comicbook fan randomly goes blind due to the cataclysmic forces released by this unholy battle"

"War is unleashed as brother strikes down brother and it can no longer be recognised who is a fanboy and who is a troll."

#16 Edited by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk said:

To be fair Red Hulk being able to drain Silver Surfer and Hulk was part of his character, it tied into his origin as a part gamma part cosmic superhuman. And as for him beating Thor, The Hulk has done stuff like that before and face it taking Mjolnir into a 0 gravity environment was pretty clever. This is an unpopular opinion but the Loeb McGuiness combo is one of the most entertaining in comics. There was a sense of wonder and excitement to Loeb's Hulk run, it was pretty clear from the start that Ross was the Red Hulk but it was still interesting learning about the Intelligencia and their schemes. Could Red Hulk beat Sentry? Probably not. Bendis and Loeb aren't bad writers, they consistently deliver fun comics and I don't think it's fair that two cool to decent characters (Rulk and Sentry) get demonized as walking PIS, just because they beat a fan-favorite character.

Its always interesting to see someone defend Loeb and Bendis with confidence and eloquence. To be fair to Bendis and Loeb, they have wrote some good stories. I've always seen Bendis and Loeb at their best delivering strong stories, even if we have to abandon an even a comicbook sense of reality. Examples of this include Spider-Men, Hush etc. However, what irks me is that often, when they do big titles, it simply becomes popularization gimmicks to attract new fans, and the story plots become mediocre, which means that dispensation of even comicbook reality becomes even more apparent.

For example-

Avengers Assemble. Why does Thanos, who developed from a villain to a dark neutral through Infinity Wars, Blood and Thunder, Infinity Abyss, his Thanos Miniseries, Annihilation and TI, suddenly become a generic Bad Guy villain looking to conquer something he has already used, along with things more powerful? Why is he not able to distinguish between a fake and real CC? And how did he rustle his way out of the Cancerverse? To me it was just a cheap intimation of the Avengers Film. Even the beat down at the end, reminded me of Loki's beat-down And shipping Natasha and Hawkeye? Natasha and Bucky is where its all at (Yes, I admit it @mercy_).

Also, Age of Ultron.

Red Hulk was akin to a Micheal Bay Blockbuster. It sold well, was big and flashy and at times entertaining but for me it lacked any real substance. Compare it to the Planet Hulk and WWH story-lines once you strip down the action and carnage, and honestly, which was better?

Bendis and Loeb don't annoy me because they can't write. They annoy me because they obviously can write, but often waste their time at the helm of Big crossovers which end up making my brain hurt. And because Bendis has continually wrecked a succession of my favorite villains :(

@lvenger said:

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

"War is unleashed as brother strikes down brother and it can no longer be recognised who is a fanboy and who is a troll."

"Deep in the Amazon jungle, a shrubby plant gain sentience, and feels a deep sense of despair, as the demonic skirmish continues to warp reality against its wishes"

There is a cookie for anyone who can guess where I'm adapting these phrases from :P

#17 Edited by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

When written by Leob Rulk punked Dormammu, Watcher and Grandmaster.

When written by Bendis Sentry killed Molecule Man.

Seems to be the second feat is more impressive, and well a lot more bullsh*tty.

Sentry for round 2 for me, thank you

#18 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Yes, correct. The comicbook fan going blind is adapted from a Watcher going blind IIRC as a result of the fight.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of them are decent writers.They wrote some good stories but when they want to do something cool it ends up really bad for the characters,the fans and them.Hulk was an entertaining book because it had a lot of fighting and explosions and it had a small mystery(which was pretty damn obvious) but it lacked actual storytelling and something that will make the story big and memorable(apart from the Loeb force).

While for the fight.They both defeated some characters that if are actually being writen well and properly,they would have destroyed Sentry and Red Hulk.Hulk defeated the Watcher,Grandmaster and Dormammu which are villains that he clearly can't handle and as for Sentry - he defeated Molecule Man(a character that he can't beat also).And those are the battles and feats that make people say that Loeb and Bendis do stupid stuff and those are things that started this thread.

And clearly with all of that and even that Sentry defeated Molecule Man,he would lose because the Loeb force is something greater and bigger than him.