Battle of the Power Absorbers (Rogue, Amazo, Absorbing Man, etc.)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Absorbing Man, Superadaptoid, Amazo, Mimic, the Awesome Android, Rogue, and Taskmaster in a battle royale against each other.

Absorbing Man starts in normal human form. Superadaptoid starts in his original format with no powers. Amazo starts as a blank slate with no powers. Mimic starts without any powers. The Awesome Android starts in its normal form with no extra powers besides its base strength. Rogue starts with no extra powers (no Ms. Marvel, etc.). Taskmaster is current--he starts with all the skills he has accumulated to date, and carries his standard weapons: sword, bow and arrows, shield, billy club, and pistol.

The battle takes place in the middle of a junk yard. They start in a circle, each 20' from each other. No morals. Win through any means.

Who wins? What order do the rest of them come in? What powers or characteristics do these power absorbers steal, considering that the other characters mostly have their same powers? Is Taskmaster hopelessly outpowered here, or can he take advantage of the others' relative powerlessness and use his skills/weapons to win (or at least not die first?)

(I'm sure I've forgotten some characters with the same basic power-absorption power, if you want to volunteer one who you think can beat anyone in this fight, please do!)

Absorbing Man
Absorbing Man
Superadaptoid
Superadaptoid
Amazo
Amazo
Mimic
Mimic
Awesome Android
Awesome Android
Rogue
Rogue
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

Mimic an only copy mutants last time I checked. 

I think it comes down to Absorbing Man, Adaptoid and Amazo, 

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@cattlebattle said:

Mimic an only copy mutants last time I checked. I think it comes down to Absorbing Man, Adaptoid and Amazo,

THIS

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Boobster

LOL, what is Taskmaster doing here ?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Killemall

@cattlebattle said:

Mimic an only copy mutants last time I checked. I think it comes down to Absorbing Man, Adaptoid and Amazo,

how about Awesome Andy, he after all copied thor's powers in matter of a panel and picked his own hammer. Besides isnt Awesome Andy pretty much exactly the same as Amazo, capable of stealing anyone powers once he sees them, the only real problem here is amazo has had many appearances and hence has more feats as well as more let down, like getting beat down by flash when he had superman's powers. Awesome Andy has few appearances, and hence less feat, but he hasnt really been beat down ever to the best of my knowledge.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eatmore_payless

LOOK! ABSORBING MAN IS DOING THE DOUGGIE!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

@eatmore_payless said:

LMAO

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Soulstealer

@cattlebattle said:

I could have sworn he died from copying the Hulk did he not? Something about his body not being able to deal with the gamma radiation. And I thought he fought the Avengers once and could copy their abilities. Can't say I'm sure on either, but I thought so and that's actually why I was wondering with Dark X-Men if they are re-coning his abilities.

Note Edited.

0blivion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By 0blivion_

@Soulstealer said:

@cattlebattle said:

I could have sworn he died from copying the Hulk did he not?

I think you might be talking about the Mimic from Exiles? he had a run in with the Hulk and it almost killed him.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Amazo.

0blivion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 0blivion_

@JediXMan said:

Amazo.

Also this.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Soulstealer

@0blivion_ said:

@Soulstealer said:

@cattlebattle said:

I could have sworn he died from copying the Hulk did he not?

I think you might be talking about the Mimic from Exiles? he had a run in with the Hulk and it almost killed him.

Pretty sure it was 616.

Edit. Hmmm according to wiki it was. I take it with a grain of salt, but...

It was while attending the same college as Jean Grey that his memory returned. In another attempt to gain the X-Men's abilities, Mimic set his sights on joining their ranks, becoming deputy leader in the process when he blackmailed his way into joining the X-Men. As a member of the team, he soon began to antagonize the other X-Men with his arrogant behavior and ended up expelled after a fight with Cyclops. He later realized his potential when he saved his team-mates from the Super-Adaptoid, defeating the android by tricking it into trying to copy his artificial powers. This battle robbed him of his abilities, and he is left powerless but a better person.

Eventually he regained his powers, but they were enhanced to also absorb people's life forces, killing them. As the Beast tried to work out a solution, Calvin seemingly perished in a self-sacrificial fight against the Hulk after absorbing the Hulk's gamma radiation. For a long time the X-Men believed him to be dead. In actuality, Mimic was in a coma which lasted for years. This ended only when the regenerative mutant Wolverine came near him. Mimic's power copied Wolverine's healing ability and he woke up.

0blivion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 0blivion_

@Soulstealer: Your probably right but it seems like a one off thing to me.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Soulstealer

@0blivion_ said:

@Soulstealer: Your probably right but it seems like a one off thing to me.

Don't know, but I could swear I've seen him in a fight with the Avengers. But I don't remember clearly and certainly not issue or even issues if there is more than one. And while I love him as a character, as twisted as his concept/history is, I wouldn't find it surprising that he might have been stronger classically but they had to limit him some because if you look at his Marvel bio...lord is that too much. Heck even his CV bio is crazy.

He sounds like Mystique merged with Rogue only it gets worst because he doesn't have to touch and he gains your knowledge of your powers just as well and then he can mimic skills, appearances.

Long story short, what could you ever do with the guy? So if his status quo is new or not I don't think it matters except for comic trivia's sake.

Edit: Also I apologize for getting the thread off course. Sorry.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Mimic is not a mutant, he is a mutate. Why would a mutate be limited to Mutant powers? If anything he should be limited to Mutate powers like Hulk and Spider-man. He has never been limited to just mutants, even Exiles Mimic is not limited in such a way.

Now as to the thread, Mimic and the Super Adaptoid both cancel each other out leaving Amazo, Awesome Andy, Rogue, and Taskmaster. Rogue and Taskmaster stand no real chance here as Rogue can only absorb biological entities meaning she can only really copy Taskmaster. Both of them get annihilated by an Amazo mimicking Awesome Andy's strength and Taskmaster's movement copying. Amazo then takes down Awesome Andy using his superior intellect.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator

Goods points being made about all their individual limitations. I would think Superadaptoid might be more powerful than some say, given that he got his powers from a sliver of a cosmic cubes. But I haven't read his actual comics so perhaps that's not as much of a factor as I would think.

One guy being a bit left out is Absorbing Man. He doesn't absorb powers exactly, but properties of things, so he could start by absorbing the metal properties of the junkyard and start wasting people with that strength/durability.

Rogue could also try to steal this power of his.

Mimic, I saw on his wikipedia bio, could also steal abilities, apparently he copied Kitty Pryde's ninja abilities once.

I think a lot of this depends on who can absorb something first, and start taking other people out.

I think Taskmaster could conceivably kill Rogue and possibly Mimic pretty quickly.

Otherwise, the absorbable powers/traits are the junk for Absorbing Man, Awesome Android's strength, Superadaptoid and Amazo's durability, and Taskmaster's skills. If Superadaptoid, Amazo, or Awesome Android copy each other's durability and strength, and possibly copy Absorbing Man's metal trait, then I tend to agree with DedmanWalkin, Amazo's intelligence will probably win out. But I have to say, Absorbing Man is tough to beat.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

am i the only one that thinks Amazo looks like Namor in that Pic?

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I completely forgot about Absorbing Man. Amazo wins even quicker than before with Absorbing Man's powers.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@nickthedevil said:

am i the only one that thinks Amazo looks like Namor in that Pic?

Nope.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sandiego008

@eatmore_payless said:

LMFAO

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By beatboks1

How out of curiosity is Amazo copying Antibes powers here. His programming allows him to copy the powers and abilities of the JLA. None of these others are JLAers. I mean for god sake Ray Palmer Atom made him powerless and kicked his @$$ by simply yelling JLA disbanded. I'd also be interested in seeing Amazingman in this fight. Both I and II could copy e en energy fired at them and will III even absorbed/ duped tue powering Overmaster ( a DC Galactus knock off)

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Not all Amazo's are the same Beatboks.

Amazing Man would be an interesting addition but he may be too overpowered here.