#1 Edited by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 10 from each universe go at it. The best champions from each universe. Primarily ones that are used often. Remember, no prep for either team. Just pure power vs pure power. Pre-Flashpoint versions for DC!

Marvel's Top Heralds:

1. Silver Surfer

2. Dr. Strange

3. Thor

4. Gladiator

5. Beta Ray Bill

6. Black Bolt

7. Quasar

8. Nova

9. Hulk

10. Sentry

VS

DC's Top Heralds

1. Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson)

2. Alan Scott (Starheart)

3. Mr. Majestic

4. Martian Manhunter

5. Wally West

6. Firestorm

7. Wonder Woman

8. Superman

9. Orion

10. Hal Jordan

#2 Posted by beautifulrevery (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

Which versions are we using for Marvel?

#3 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel because of SS he's the deciding factor

#4 Posted by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

Which versions are we using for Marvel?

Definitely not the Ultimateverse. :p

#5 Posted by beautifulrevery (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Which versions are we using for Marvel?

Definitely not the Ultimateverse. :p

that definitely helps :P

#6 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

Marvel because of SS he's the deciding factor

So is Kent Nelson on DC's behalf.

#7 Posted by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Marvel characters and Pre-Flashpoint DC.

#8 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

@202122 said:

Marvel because of SS he's the deciding factor

So is Kent Nelson on DC's behalf.

Dr. Fate isn't on the same level as SS

#9 Posted by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Kent Nelson certainly was. He did face off against Spectre, half helmed.

#10 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122: You do realize this is the original Dr. Fate we're talking here, what makes you think he isn't on SS level?

#11 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Kent Nelson certainly was. He did face off against Spectre, half helmed.

#12 Edited by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

DC team stomps pretty hard.

Strange and Surfer are the only factors on team Marvel, but they are counter-balanced by Fate and Scott. Not sure about Strange vs Fate, but Alan Scott w/ Starheart defeats the Surfer. The rest on Team DC outclass Team Marvel. Anyone who doesnt get speed-stolen right at the beginning will get mind-raped by MMH, and anyone who doesnt get mind-raped gets destroyed by... well, everyone else.

Also, Black Bolt and Hulk are way out of their league.

And another thing, Alan w/ Starheart could probably just possess most of Team Marvel and make them kill each other. In fact, the more I think about it... I think Fate and Alan could win this by themselves. The rest of the team can just relax and watch.

#13 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

@202122: You do realize this is the original Dr. Fate we're talking here, what makes you think he isn't on SS level?

yes but Dr. Fate can't travel at light speed

#14 Posted by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Fate hasn't had any problems fighting guys like Flash or Superman, so his reaction time is fast enough.

#15 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Last time someone tried to mess with Gladiator's mind he resisted and went balistic. He lazered off a dude's head with heat vision after speed blitzing everyone.

#16 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: But he's also gotten dominated by Cassandra Nova's telepathy. Martian Manhunter should be able to handle him, and even if he somehow resists MM, then Mister Majestic, Superman, and Orion can each handle him with ease.

#17 Posted by GhostRider2 (3307 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

Marvel because of SS he's the deciding factor

#18 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott full starheart would absolutely wreck surfer so no way is he the deciding factor.

#19 Posted by GhostRider2 (3307 posts) - - Show Bio

So now is SS vs fate and alan scot?What is next SS vs dc?I think he would go after WW Supes hal jordan etc and let Strange and others deal with the rest.SS is not going to fight all of them at once.Maaaan stop thinking like that.

#20 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this classic DR strange ? IF it is than Strange would solo Dc team. If not Marvel team still wins

#21 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is classic Strange we are talking about, then the only job of the Marvel team becomes to protect him long enough for him to cast the spell that will defeat the DC team.

I

#22 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122: Exactly travel. This is a battle, not a race. We could argue the same thing with Thor, he can travel 2 times the speed of light, but in a battle you will never see him at that speed.

#23 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Fate hasn't had any problems fighting guys like Flash or Superman, so his reaction time is fast enough.

#24 Posted by dondave (37447 posts) - - Show Bio

Team DC ftw

Online
#25 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

@202122: Exactly travel. This is a battle, not a race. We could argue the same thing with Thor, he can travel 2 times the speed of light, but in a battle you will never see him at that speed.

How could you say that? If it's a battle SS cosmic wrecks Fate

#26 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Team DC STOMPS.

#27 Posted by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's a stomp in anyones favor. Thor, Strange, Surfer and Bill have the gun fire to compete.

#28 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122: I don't think so.

#29 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay: Does Thor has the Odinforce?

#30 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

@202122: I don't think so.

Dr. Fate is equal to Dr. Strange and both have human frailties. SS can stand in the middle of super novas seriously what's Fate going to do?? Tell me

#31 Edited by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

20122 @202122 said:

@Ddecourt said:

@202122: I don't think so.

Dr. Fate is equal to Dr. Strange and both have human frailties. SS can stand in the middle of super novas seriously what's Fate going to do?? Tell me

Dr. Fate became a being of pure energy being able to withstand the most powerful of attacks. He can also amp his durability to near PC Superman levels, so he doesn't suffer the same frailty as Dr. Strange.

#32 Posted by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

@Needlebay: Does Thor has the Odinforce?

nope.

#33 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

20122 @202122 said:

@Ddecourt said:

@202122: I don't think so.

Dr. Fate is equal to Dr. Strange and both have human frailties. SS can stand in the middle of super novas seriously what's Fate going to do?? Tell me

Dr. Fate became a being of pure energy being able to withstand the most powerful of attacks. He can also amp his durability to near PC Superman levels, so he doesn't suffer the same frailty as Dr. Strange.

Still not going to help him against SS when has the power of the cosmic to throw at him. He will get some shots in but it isn't going to do him any good

#34 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a Battle that could go either way...regardless of what the fanboys on either side seem to think...no one is going to be stomping anyone. This could go on for 50 pages and we'd be no closer to deciding a Victor than we are now.

#35 Posted by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@Needlebay said:

20122 @202122 said:

@Ddecourt said:

@202122: I don't think so.

Dr. Fate is equal to Dr. Strange and both have human frailties. SS can stand in the middle of super novas seriously what's Fate going to do?? Tell me

Dr. Fate became a being of pure energy being able to withstand the most powerful of attacks. He can also amp his durability to near PC Superman levels, so he doesn't suffer the same frailty as Dr. Strange.

Still not going to help him against SS when has the power of the cosmic to throw at him. He will get some shots in but it isn't going to do him any good

He's gone up against beings higher than Surfer, so no.

#36 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay: who??

#37 Edited by Needlebay (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre, Anti-Matter Man, Superman, etc...

Fate can also conjure powerful force fields. Surfer isn't doing squat.

#38 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Spectre, Anti-Matter Man, Superman, etc...

Fate can also conjure powerful force fields. Surfer isn't doing squat.

He can also just take Surfer to another dimension and seal him within a force field and drain his powers from where's he is at and keep battling with the rest.