Battle of tactics /strategy

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

this is a battle of both tactics and strategy all competitors have an army equal in every way imaginable they are given 1 day's prep and they can command the troops during the battle

Cyclops

vs

Nick fury

vs

Rocket raccoon .

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick Fury. /thread

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tparks  Online

I'm going to say Rocket Raccoon. Starlord claims that Rocket has the most strategic mind of anyone he has ever met. Starlord has traveled across the universe has worked hand in hand with strategic characters like Nova (with Worldmind), Thanos, Super Skrull (Kl'rt), Ronan the Accuser, Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Captain America. Starlord himself is a master strategist genius as well.

Rocket Raccoon was the brains behind bringing the Babel Spire down that kept Hala from being breached to stop the Phalanx Conquest.

Rocket has been the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy on a few occasions and is their strategist/demolitions expert.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ownagepants

@beezlebub: you can't just /thread without giving some explanation why does nick take this.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick Fury

He'd be great at giving his soldiers some BS reason for this mission, and they'd die for his gain.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cyke.

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably rocket raccoon .

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer

Rocket because of what Tparks had put down. The guy ain't no joke!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 owie  Moderator

Ha, this is a fun competition. I honestly don't know who I'd choose, I can see arguments for each of them. Cyclops, as much as I like him, probably would not win. He's an excellent tactician, but as a strategist he's perhaps not quite in Fury's level. And his personal skills are not at their best these days. Rocket, while I love him too, and as much as he has been getting a big rep recently, is still a little hard for me to take seriously. He's just too cute! And deadly. I guess I'm going for Fury.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Rocket Raccoon shouldn't really be considered a threat. I love him to death but all of his strategy feats are hearsay whereas Nick and Scott have tangible examples of tactical prowess.

As for the fight at hand I'd say it's a very close call but Fury edges out Scott by a hair. Fury has more experience with conventional ground troops than Scott does. Also Fury has certain logistical capabilities for coordinating large scale attacks that Scott might not necessarily have. I personally think that Scott has better strategy and tactical feats than Nick Fury in 616 continuity but given the circumstances of the fight Fury should win.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 tparks  Online

Rocket Raccoon shouldn't really be considered a threat. I love him to death but all of his strategy feats are hearsay whereas Nick and Scott have tangible examples of tactical prowess.

As for the fight at hand I'd say it's a very close call but Fury edges out Scott by a hair. Fury has more experience with conventional ground troops than Scott does. Also Fury has certain logistical capabilities for coordinating large scale attacks that Scott might not necessarily have. I personally think that Scott has better strategy and tactical feats than Nick Fury in 616 continuity but given the circumstances of the fight Fury should win.

Rocket's feats aren't hearsay.

He came up with the plan to take down the babel spire in Annihilation: Conquest. It was him and a hand-full of other characters against Ultron and thousands of Phalanx soldiers, but his plan worked.

He's been the leader for the GotG. He is labeled the strategist/demolitions expert for the GotG as well as being second in command.

Rocket Raccoon had a direct part in capturing Thanos, taming a feral Thanos, convincing Thanos to work with the GotG, beating the Cancerverse version of the Defenders, and ending the threat of the Cancerverse.

He was also the head of security on Halfworld for his entire life before joining the GotG.

He planned the attack against the Badoon that were attacking London (I think it was London, somewhere one Earth though).

He planned a strategy with Groot to successfully defeat and trap Star Thief who is an incredibly powerful psychic/telepath. Star Thief is no joke, he could have been a universal threat if he escaped.

He planned the attack on the Universal Church of Truth's main base to rescue Moon Dragon. There were thousands of very powerful UCT cardinals in this. These guys are threats that the Annihilators were called in to deal with because of how powerful they are.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer

@owie: So because Rocket is 'cute' that doesn't make him a tactician/strategist? Hm?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 owie  Moderator

@owie: So because Rocket is 'cute' that doesn't make him a tactician/strategist? Hm?

Just joking.