#101 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: Probably.

#102 Posted by jashro44 (25378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@blackadamFTW: @jashro44: @Owie: I think we're going to need characters with some re searchable info and feats like Jash said. We don't want to make it too hard for people. Take Hunter Rose. He's got books in print that people can pick up and read if they wanted to and Bio that explains his deal.

I think we should try and get scans of the characters we are using that way people will find it easier to research the characters.

Should they all be characters Available on the site?

I don't think that is needed if we have scans of the characters. If we don't then yea we probably should.

#103 Posted by Owie (3950 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@blackadamFTW: @jashro44: @Owie: I think we're going to need characters with some re searchable info and feats like Jash said. We don't want to make it too hard for people. Take Hunter Rose. He's got books in print that people can pick up and read if they wanted to and Bio that explains his deal.

I think we should try and get scans of the characters we are using that way people will find it easier to research the characters.

I don't think that is needed if we have scans of the characters. If we don't then yea we probably should.

I don't want to be a killjoy but this might entail basically making a respect thread for each of a fair number of characters.  On the one hand that's a cool resource but on the other hand it could be a fair amount of work.  I tend to feel like the players should be responsible for doing their own research, and not choose a character unless they know something about it.
#104 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Owie said:
@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

I don't want to be a killjoy but this might entail basically making a respect thread for each of a fair number of characters.  On the one hand that's a cool resource but on the other hand it could be a fair amount of work.  I tend to feel like the players should be responsible for doing their own research, and not choose a character unless they know something about it.
I agree only problem we run into is that there is a lack of diverse taste on CV and that's why we're making this tourney. We may leave it up to people who will say "Why can't I use batman?" Or not even read the damn rules and put Daredevil on their squad.
#105 Posted by Owie (3950 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:
@Owie said:
@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

I agree only problem we run into is that there is a lack of diverse taste on CV and that's why we're making this tourney. We may leave it up to people who will say "Why can't I use batman?" Or not even read the damn rules and put Daredevil on their squad.
I can totally understand that.  Maybe we just give a summary or a link to CV/wikipedia etc. entries for the ones we list, and can provide any scans we may have on request?
#106 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Owie said:
@Nelomaxwell said:
@Owie said:
@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

I can totally understand that.  Maybe we just give a summary or a link to CV/wikipedia etc. entries for the ones we list, and can provide any scans we may have on request?
Sounds good to me.
#107 Posted by jashro44 (25378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: @Owie: Understood. So we just leave the comicvine pages and upload scans if needed?

#108 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@Nelomaxwell: @Owie: Understood. So we just leave the comicvine pages and upload scans if needed?

Yeah
#109 Posted by Saren (25074 posts) - - Show Bio

Nomi Sunrider vs Psylocke, would that be fair? Disclaimer: I have only read Nomi's stuff up until Dark Lords of the Sith so far, so if she's had some major feats in Redemption and Sith War let me know.

Moderator Online
#110 Posted by afternoondelight (6 posts) - - Show Bio

would iron Fist vs Lei Kung be a fair fight?

i don't know much about lei kung

#111 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

What character would be a good match for Max Faraday? I know he'd have to be omnipotent, but what character do you guys think would be best?

#112 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm considering pandemonium battle, where numerous Avengers and X-Men will have to fight armies of nameless characters from the some of the famous movies.

#113 Posted by chino1330 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

humbug vs antman im not sure if this would be good or not what do you guys think

#114 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would be a good match up for Abe Lincoln

#115 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: hey, erm, i'm new. your post was one of the first i came across, just needed abit of a hand getting this whole forum thing up and running if you wouldnt mind helping us. is this website mainly US? i only ask cos i dont wanna use to much Brit-slang if it is.

#116 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Overt-Kill (from Hellspawn) vs Iron Man. Or maybe some other robot, weapon, suit type guy. (Cyborg or S.T.I.R.P.E.)

#117 Posted by nickzambuto (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Who would be a good match up for Abe Lincoln

George Washington.

#118 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha

#119 Posted by loadofmilark (198 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune King Thor vs Universal Mr. Majestic

#121 Posted by jashro44 (25378 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Isn't universal majestic featless?

#122 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@majestic99: Isn't universal majestic featless?

He created a new star to fight the Cosmic Negator and recreated the universe when it was about to end due to entropy.

#123 Posted by TheCannon (19407 posts) - - Show Bio

I had an idea for a Batman vs Daredevil battle. Basically, no prep time is allowed. Morals off. Takes place in Gotham at midnight. However, there are no weapons allowed. It is only a hand to hand combat battle.

#124 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I had an idea for a Batman vs Daredevil battle. Basically, no prep time is allowed. Morals off. Takes place in Gotham at midnight. However, there are no weapons allowed. It is only a hand to hand combat battle.

That has been done. Daredevil can absolutely give Wayne a rough time, but in the end the Dark Knight is simply more skilled and will eventually take a majority.

Staff
#125 Posted by TheCannon (19407 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

That has been done.

Okay. There were so many Batman s Daredevil battles when I searched it I must of missed it.

I have another idea. It's a beat my team thread. My team has:

• Thor (with Odinforce)
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Silver Surfer
  • She-Hulk

Your team can have no more than 24 hours prep time. My team has no prep. Win by death or surrender. Is this a stomp?

#126 Edited by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: No that's not a stomp.

My team:

• Superman Prime
  • Captain Marvel
  • Captain Atom
  • Flash

I win.

#127 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have been trying to decide a good challenge for the team of Winter Soldier and Red Hood. I was thinking along the lines of teaming Cassandra Cain with someone like Huntress or even Mockingbird

Thoughts, anyone?

#128 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

I really have been trying to decide a good challenge for the team of Winter Soldier and Red Hood. I was thinking along the lines of teaming Cassandra Cain with someone like Huntress or even Mockingbird. Thoughts, anyone?

A simple street leveler with no powers is at a disadvantage against Winter Soldier.

He has the vibranium thing going, along with his arm. It's equivalent to super strength, electric shocks and etc.

I think someone like Black Canary or Psylocke (no TP) would be better fights.

#129 Edited by jashro44 (25378 posts) - - Show Bio

Is jack hawksmoor vs black bolt a stomp or a decent fight?

#130 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Is jack hawksmoor vs black bolt a stomp or a decent fight?

depends on the city imo IE-any city on earth then BB gets my vote but lets say it took place in one of these huge hive worlds in WH 40K then Jack has more than a chance :)

#131 Posted by jashro44 (25378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Curious but what advantage would the hive world in WH 40K offer Jack as opposed to a regular city? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to WH 40K.

#132 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Chaos Prime: Curious but what advantage would the hive world in WH 40K offer Jack as opposed to a regular city? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to WH 40K.

Just the huge scale for starters.Some of these cities reach up to over 10 miles high & over 2 miles down & can house over 50 billion people.Then theres the factorys that produce arms/weapons for the Empire.

In the past Jack wore Tokyo as a suit of armor, if he could do the same on one the hive cities then imo he stands a very good chance against BB :)

#133 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a thought but would an Eldar (pre The Fall) invasion of the Babylon5 uni make a good match up? of course no characters that could solo :)

#134 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Prime: Hm sorry, I really don't know much about Babylon 5.
#135 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Chaos Prime: Hm sorry, I really don't know much about Babylon 5.

No probs :)

#136 Posted by jashro44 (25378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: I see thank you for your help.

#137 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

no probs :) heres a link about the Hive City makes a good read.

#138 Posted by jashro44 (25378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Thank you again I'm gonna start working on the thread as soon as I can.

#139 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Chaos Prime: Thank you again I'm gonna start working on the thread as soon as I can.

Cool :)

#140 Edited by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Pre Retcon Beyonder vs Thanos(with the Infinity Gauntlet), Dr. Doom(with the Heart of the Universe), Molecule Man, Dark Phoenix, The Living Tribunal, Death, Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, and the In Betweener

2.Trion Juggernaut vs H/P Doomsday

3. Mongul(with yellow ring) vs Sodam Yat(not Ion)

4. Ms. Marvel(not Binary) vs Wonder Man

#141 Edited by theBlueGenie (22 posts) - - Show Bio

hie im new her to the forum, im not the most experienced comic book dude, but i know some,

im more into mystical creatures, and fantasy (if someone could recomend good fantasy comics (with mythical creatures i would be glad)

I am more knowledgable about that, is there posibilitys to create battles or discussions about dragons or stuff also, just to get to know the forum better,

i know of a cool Battle

Underworlds vampires vs Draugr, and if you don't know what a drugr is, they are the most underused mystical creatures, who reall should be used more couse they are awesome

from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draugr

A draugr, draug or (Icelandic) draugur (original Old Norse plural draugar, as used here, not "draugrs"), or draugen (Norwegian, Swedish and Danish, meaning "the draug"), also known as aptrganga ("afturgöngur" in modern Icelandic) (literally "after-walker", or "one who walks after death") is an undead creature from Norse mythology. The original Norse meaning of the word is ghost, and older literature makes clear distinctions between sea-draug and land-draug. Draugar were believed to live in the graves of the dead, with a draugr being the animated body of the dead. As the graves of important men often contained a good amount of wealth, the draugr jealously guards his treasures, even after deat

#142 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

if ur into your Barbarians, Lizard men & the like u cant go wrong with Conan imo full of mystical beasts & magic :)

#143 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Want to comment on my battle ideas?

#144 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

1. Pre Retcon Beyonder vs Thanos(with the Infinity Gauntlet), Dr. Doom(with the Heart of the Universe), Molecule Man, Dark Phoenix, The Living Tribunal, Death, Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, and the In Betweener

2.Trion Juggernaut vs H/P Doomsday

3. Mongul(with yellow ring) vs Sodam Yat(not Ion)

4. Ms. Marvel(not Binary) vs Wonder Man

the first to be honest im not that good on the cosmics so will pass :)

Trion v HP DD is probably a mismatch unless u gave DD a time span to adjust.

3 is a good fight imo but been done i believe more than a few times.Wot about having them team up? & run a gauntlet?

#145 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime:It has.

I won't create it, then.

#146 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7954 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai Jack vs Shendu

#147 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Ur thoughts on a Good match up for Imperial Bodyguard Nork Deddog?

#148 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Nork? Bane with Venom would match. So would Killer Croc.

#149 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Chaos Prime: Nork? Bane with Venom would match. So would Killer Croc.

yep the Guy who killed an Ork Warmaster with a Head Butt :)

Nork

#150 Posted by terry2012 (5916 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Lycan vs Lizard man movie version.