• 57 results
#1 Edited by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle Forums FAQ

This is a compounded selection of the original pinned threads, below you will find links to the Battle Forum rules and other helpful topics. If you are a new user I would suggest reading the rules first and then s earch Function and Dupe Threads, Then you will be able to get started. The Re-cap and Rules thread will remained pinned for ease!!!

Battle Forum Rules

The single most important place for old and new users, breaking these rules will lead to a warning, so read them and know them well before starting out in the battle forums

Battle Forum Rules

Search Function and Dupe Threads

So after reading the rules you know that making a dupe battle is not really allowed on comicvine, the recap thread will let you know what has already been created or you can use the search function as described in the Search Function and Dupe Thread to make sure you know how to work the search function on comicvine.

Search Function and Dupe Thread

Battle Re-Cap

Comicvine Battles 101

Comicvine Battles 101 is a great starting point for any user, a lot of question can be answered here from how to create a battle to what makes a good battle. If you have any questions about the battle forums this is the place to go.

Comicvine Battles 101

How to create a battle

Explains how to lay out your topic in the forums, a must read for all new users.

How to Start a battle.

How to Link a battle to a character

This thread links into ComicVine Battles 101, it explains how to link a character to a page to make it easier for users to know who you are talking about.

How to Link Characters to their page.

How to use Feats

This was something written by one of are users and is something everyone should take the time to read, it will allow you to understand how to debate here on comicvine, Als to help you back up your arguement we have a thread for looking for scans, on the first page of this thread you will find links to respect threads which may help you back up your argument.

Feats & Scans

Feats And how to use them

Curbstomp/Mismatch Battles

Comic Vine has a rule against mismatched fights. It's simple. We don't allow them to remain open. Please remember to use your flag button (or PM) to give the mods a heads up.

Remember to Flag Curbstomp/Mismatch Battles

#2 Posted by lagoon_boy (10956 posts) - - Show Bio
This looks like a very good idea. It gives more space in the battle forum section.
#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147095 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea to have all of these together.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll keep the 101 thread active and answering questions there... so if anyone has any problems with battles, post in there and i'll take a look when i can 

M

#5 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules are getting a little updated too, Im going to be on the Battle Forums from now on, so yeah

#6 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Good! 
=D

#7 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated with how to start a battle
#8 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work bro.

#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"Nice work bro. "

Thanks hopefully the older users will link this if a new user comes along and has no idea what he is doing!!!
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, again, great job.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by ckal (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job man.

#12 Posted by SupremeBeing (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim and Eric Awesome Show! Great Job!

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what would be cool? If people actually read these.

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" You know what would be cool? If people actually read these. "

#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147095 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" You know what would be cool? If people actually read these. "
True.
#16 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm reading this...

#17 Posted by SUPER_ADAPTOID (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so imagine this question is ridiculous but i seriously cant find the answer in any threads.

What does BFR mean? Battle Forum Rules?

#18 Posted by AndyPhifer (106 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUPER_ADAPTOID: BFR = Battle Field Removal, as in, like teleport the dude into the sun or another galaxy or into space, etc.
#19 Posted by SUPER_ADAPTOID (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks. I understood that it mean removing the guy for the fight but just not what the acronym meant. I definitely appreciate your help!!

#20 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
There should be a rule of no TOAA or and Big beings battles
#21 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

The rules are fine

#22 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenshot80 said:
" There should be a rule of no TOAA or and Big beings battles "
We thought about that, but there has been some very good debates using very powerful people like TOAA
#23 Posted by FALLENprophet (6559 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, i'm a new user and i was wondering if maybe one of you could tell me what canon and non-canon is.

#24 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@FALLENprophet said:

Okay, i'm a new user and i was wondering if maybe one of you could tell me what canon and non-canon is.

Cannon are events that have happened in a characters life or universe which is part of their story.

Non Cannon is when there has been a story or a future story which this character has been in and is not part of that characters main story.

Like in marvel

the Ultimate's marvel universe is non cannon but the normal universe (616) is cannon.

In DC terms Kingdom Come is non cannon and 52 is cannon.

hope that helps!

#25 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

PLEASE GOD USERS READ THIS!!!

#26 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.: I DID! CAPS LOCK CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL :D
#27 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio

As new-ish user (not on that often, but had a profile for a while), may I suggest adding what some of the acronyms used mean? For example: PIS, WIS, TOAA, the like.

#28 Posted by RealityWarper (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

Where can I find an explanation of abbreviations like PR or BFR and others ?

#29 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio
Wot am i doing wrong??
for some reason when trying to do a character search ie - Black Adam v Onslaught the result comes back as void!! i know the match ups there because i did it sometime ago & wanted to do an edit & repost..
#30 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea im the first person to post here for a while, im fine with the current rules, except for the one about Anime battles, i always welcome a greater varity of possibilitys in battles.

#31 Posted by 956ThrowDest (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Manga / Anime Vs Comic.

In the past these battles have caused more issues then not. If you wish to make a Manga battle it must be facing another Managa character and the same goes for comics. To prevent battle forums from becoming a hostile area battles must be against someone from their own media, E.g Captain America Vs Batman is fine, Kakashi Vs Batman is no longer allowed, But Kakashi vs Yamato would be allowed. This takes away the issue of Manga Vs Comics and allows users to still debate these characters in some way.!!!!!!:(damn

you all should consider a ~Ban Lift~ because i'm sure everyone is mad that their American heroes would lose to some!

CAPTAIN MARVEL IS GETTING MAD it's just unfair give a real solid reason why? Cause they will always be an argument even if it's marvel vs DC! I also think that there's something to do with yellows vs Whites! You know what i'm saying! You don't like Asians fight against White's is that it??! ~manga Asian~ ~Marvel Dc Whites~ it so obvious what if an Asian was reading this! they would be mad and disappointed like me! THERE'S SOMETHING VERY WRONG HERE!

this rule

I'm posting this in Facebook Lots of my friend's will be like wow madly dissapointed that's wrong! it's all politics, favoritism and

#32 Edited by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@956ThrowDest: It's nothing to do with poltics or race, it was about the state of the vine when the rules where made and in fact there was a ban lift last year and the flame wars where ever present. Not sure how you managed to turn this into a race thing but I gave up my modship so maybe prehaps PM a mod or a staff memeber and speak to them. The rule was put in place to keep the peace (you where not around for the flame wars), you are still able to debate Manga characters so I don't see how we are leaving them out where Manga does mean comics they are very different from western comics, in style and formatting and is some cases story telling, so it is not really at all like DC vs Marvel!!! and I am a big Manga fan and fought to change the rules with the users at one point but due to the users actions during the ban lift this was put back in place.

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#34 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I think someone is mad they got their thread locked :p

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

That rage > Anime vs Comics Fanboy rage.

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

That PM mkes more sense now.

Moderator Online
#37 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: There was a PM XD so want in.

#38 Posted by Lvenger (20782 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow: He turned it into a race thing with me as well when I commented on the no anime vs comic books battle on the Majin Vegeta vs Superman thread. Some people just can't be reasoned with.

#39 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing they took off Manga/Anime vs Comics down. Most of them were mismatches were comics stomp. Anime's are just no match for comics.

#40 Posted by TifaLockhart (14080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: Are you trying to start a flame war? Not cool.

#41 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Uhhh, no.

#42 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldenshot80 said:

There should be a rule of no TOAA or and Big beings battles

Co signed.

#43 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

The only trouble is when people don't read them

#44 Posted by captainpojoe (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I read this before I tried to make a battle.... it would have helped a lot :)

#45 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#46 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys...if you see a spite battle, instead of (or in addition to) saying '____ curbstomps' or 'spite thread' or whatever...flag it.

Moderator Online
#47 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I agree.....by the way :D

#48 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: hey would you like to be apart of my Women of Marvel tournament

#49 Posted by RIKR2 (11299 posts) - - Show Bio

im trying too read the battle forum rule but a error is show

#50 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@RIKR2: They need to fix the link since Static Shock changed the rules sightly, you can find the rules in the battle forums somewhere at the top. Wait I think I can fix the link hold on.