#1 Edited by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle forum is for actual fights between characters. Things like 'who has the coolest power' or 'who gets the most chicks' ARE NOT BATTLES. Just because you put 'vs' in the title, does not automatically make it battle forum worthy. They should be placed in general discussion or in off-topic (depending on what they're about). As well, fights with characters who are not comic book or manga characters or haven't featured predominantly in comic books or manga (Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, Barney Stinson vs Joey Tribbian etc) do not belong in the battle forum, either.

This has been discussed between the battle forum mods a bit. These are guidelines for what does and does not constitute a battle.

• Who Can Beat _____? - These are not battles and should be placed in that characters forum from this point forward. If they aren't and a mod notices, they'll be moved.
  • Power vs Power - Things like Optic Blast vs Heat Vision are not battles and will be moved to the appropriate forum from now on.
  • Item vs Item - Things like Mjolnir vs Captain America's Shield are not battles and will be moved to the appropriate forum from now on.
  • Can ___ Do ____? - Things like 'Can Wolverine's Claws Cut Cap's Shield' or "Can Superman's Heat Vision Melt Adamantium' are not battles and will be moved to the appropriate forum from now on.

For more information on the battle forum, please read The Battles Bible - MANDATORY READING BEFORE POSTING! and Battle Forum Rules. Please read for more information!

#2 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Great to see that the mods have been paying so much attention to sprucing up/clarifying the battles area recently.  Much appreciated.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

Great to see that the mods have been paying so much attention to sprucing up/clarifying the battles area recently. Much appreciated.

#4 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3972 posts) - - Show Bio

As well, fights with characters who are not comic book characters or haven't made appearances in comic books (Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, Barney Stinson vs Joey Tribbian etc) do not belong in the battle forum, either.

This part is a bit contradictory as that would also mean no manga battles or anime battles yet the battle forum rules say that there can be manga vs manga or anime vs anime battles. Most people associate a "comic" character with an american made characters as well so that needs to be clarified.This statement would also discriminate against characters whove been in individual animated series or what not but have yet to appear in comic form or characters from different types of media such as animated or video games but have never appeared inside a comic as of this point.

#5 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see how they could be considered non-battles, but I humbly disagree with "power vs power." Though that's just me. =3

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

If a particular cartoon character appeared in a comic book but wasn't necessary recognized for it,would it be appropriate to put him in a battle forum?.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: I generally take stuff like that on a case by case basis. Did you have a specific character in mind?

#8 Edited by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

As well, fights with characters who are not comic book characters or haven't made appearances in comic books (Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, Barney Stinson vs Joey Tribbian etc) do not belong in the battle forum, either.

This part is a bit contradictory as that would also mean no manga battles or anime battles yet the battle forum rules say that there can be manga vs manga or anime vs anime battles. Most people associate a "comic" character with an american made characters as well so that needs to be clarified.This statement would also discriminate against characters whove been in individual animated series or what not but have yet to appear in comic form or characters from different types of media such as animated or video games but have never appeared inside a comic as of this point.

You're right. And that stuff is approached as case by case. OP's been updated to include manga, that was an oversight on my behalf.

#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Dexter from Dexter's laboratory,they made a comic book series about him a while ago.Would it be appropriate to enlist him in a battle thread?

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: If it's against another predominantly cartoon character, I'd say throw it in off-topic. If it's against a predominantly comic book character, I'd say that battle forum is fine.

#11 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

You're right. And that stuff is approached as case by case. OP's been updated to include manga, that was an oversight on my behalf.

Not a problem :) Just thought i'd point it out since noone else had

#12 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: could this not have just been added into the rules rather then another pinned topic in the battle forums....it's getting as bad as the artist show off in here :p

#13 Posted by ComicStooge (12556 posts) - - Show Bio

Did that One Direction vs Justin Beiber get locked?

#14 Posted by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_:

Can we have a "non-battle-verses" thread which could include

• "who can beat"
  • "X vs. Y in a <non-combat> match"
  • Item X vs <anything>
  • X-Power vs Y-Power

I'm sure many go to the Character threads to have a place to discus their favorite characters without getting into arguments over other characters and to avoid fan-boy confrontation.

#15 Posted by allhailme (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: So are video game characters allowed? For example characters from fighting games (such as ryu or scorpion etc.).

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

@allhailme: If you're doing a video game character vs a comic character, then it's fine in the battle forum. IE Chun Li vs Elektra would go in the battle forum. Chun Li vs Jill Valentine would go in off-topic.

@drgnx: Those go in character/publisher forums. If people don't want to get involved in those threads, that's fine, they can ignore them. But they're not battles and don't belong in the battle forum. Sorry.

#17 Posted by allhailme (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Thanks for clarifying

#18 Posted by acer51 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, mods are cracking down on posting EVREYTHING in the battle fourms.

Maybe someday General discussion will become active again lol.

#19 Posted by Shuma-Gorath (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Shuma-Gorath follows no one!

#20 Posted by gumflabica (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shuma-Gorath: except for people you auto follow when you make an account lol

#21 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

who can beat my team?

#22 Posted by godsboy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie: agreed

#23 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Elvis Presley vs Justin Bieber

#24 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: i would agree about all that except power vs power, how isn't that a battle? it shouldn't be imperatively character vs character, you're limiting to much the meaning of battle

#25 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be sure to make the right fair fights when i'm on here.