Battle For The Sorcerer Supreme

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kadeem

After the fall of Doctor Voodoo, Dr.Strange left the realm of Earth into  a higher dimension to seek a deeper level of enlightenment.
After the fall of Doctor Voodoo, Dr.Strange left the realm of Earth into a higher dimension to seek a deeper level of enlightenment.

Meanwhile the demon Urizen has broken free of his interdimensional prison.
 Meanwhile the demon Urizen has broken free of his interdimensional prison.
The threat of Urizen can annihilate the very existence of the cosmos. so The  Vishanti decides that the next Sorcerer Supreme is needed  immediately!!!!   From the Four corners of reality they summon the most  eligible mystics.  The chosen are...
The threat of Urizen can annihilate the very existence of the cosmos. so The Vishanti decides that the next Sorcerer Supreme is needed immediately!!!!   From the Four corners of reality they summon the most eligible mystics.  The chosen are...

Zatanna
Zatanna

No Caption Provided

Papa Midnight
Papa Midnight

Magik (Soul Sword included)
Magik (Soul Sword included)

Tempest
 Tempest

The Hunter (BOM:Wartime)
The Hunter (BOM:Wartime)

John Constatine
 John Constatine

Jason Blood
Jason Blood

Manitou Raven
 Manitou Raven

The Vishanti has summoned The Chosen to this Sacred Temple beyond the  Earth, and told them that they must battle to the death to win the title  of Sorcerer Supreme.  The victor will win the title, along with the  responsibilities of protecting Earth, The Cloak of Levitation, The Eye  Of Agamoto, and empowerment from the Vishanti.  After the battle The  Vishanti will restore the lives of the casualties of the battle, but they  will have no memory of it.  The Vishanti sent the Chosen back to their  homes with 24 hours prep before they are summoned back to the Sacred  Temple for the battle.
 The Vishanti has summoned The Chosen to this Sacred Temple beyond the Earth, and told them that they must battle to the death to win the title of Sorcerer Supreme.  The victor will win the title, along with the responsibilities of protecting Earth, The Cloak of Levitation, The Eye Of Agamoto, and empowerment from the Vishanti.  After the battle The Vishanti will restore the lives of the casualties of the battle, but they will have no memory of it.  The Vishanti sent the Chosen back to their homes with 24 hours prep before they are summoned back to the Sacred Temple for the battle.

No Caption Provided

Constantine astral projects to seek the help of an old deceased friend, and then explains the situation to his old friend Brother Voodoo who  owes him a couple of favors from back when he was alive, and the late  sorcerer agrees to help his old friend by empowering him with his  knowledge and magics for the duration of the battle.  The 24 hours is up  and the battle is on!!! Who is the Next Sorcerer Supreme?
Constantine astral projects to seek the help of an old deceased friend, and then explains the situation to his old friend Brother Voodoo who owes him a couple of favors from back when he was alive, and the late sorcerer agrees to help his old friend by empowering him with his knowledge and magics for the duration of the battle.  The 24 hours is up and the battle is on!!! Who is the Next Sorcerer Supreme?
Bonus Discussion*: Also feel free to discuss what a comic would be like if any of The Chosen were to become The Sorcerer Supreme.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Outside_85

Wavering between Magik and Zatanna for this one due to their level of powers. Jason could take it if Etrigan gets involved, but I guess this is just Jason. Manitou Raven might also be a contender...but he's dead :)

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kadeem
@Outside_85: Yeah it always rubbed me the wrong way they offed Manitou, I thought he was much better at playing the role of the wise mystic that was actually interesting than Dr. Fate was.   For this the sake of this scenario we will say he never died.   Constantine has always been cunning and incredibly brilliant at using his circumstances to his favor with or without magic, and he is incredibly experienced at dealing with spirits and demons. It would be interesting to see him handle Etrigan, besides John Constantine: Sorcerer Supreme is definitely a book I would want to read.  Papa Midnite is considered to me one of the most powerful mystics on Earth to the point where he is seldom challenged out of fear, and he also knows the secret of immortality.  If I were to pick the final four though it would be The Hunter, Manitou Raven, Etrigan,  and Papa Midnight.
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Belladonna

Wait where's the location? Because location for this battle could benefit some/ 

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kadeem
@Charmix said:
The temple in the picture above.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daak1212

Wiccan could pull this off cause you know the reality warping granted this is something not under his control.  Papa or Constantine.  I view Constantine as the Punisher of magic arcana, he seems quite not so intimidating on paper compared to these guys but he might be one toughest people here.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Outside_85
@daak1212
Isnt that the gist of Constantine? That he wades through magic and demons on an almost daily basis and is very knowlegedable in the occult, but he doesnt actually have any magical abilities on his own. (Atleast thats what i remember it being till he shared blood...or a bed with a succubus?)
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kadeem
@Outside_85: Actually in the book Constantine cast spells, controls minds, summons spirits and demons as well as banishes them habitually.  He doesn't need the aid of a talisman or anything like that if has what your asking.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Outside_85
@kadeem
Was it always that way?
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kadeem
@Outside_85: Pretty much.  The movie was way way way the hell off.  In the OP i put a page with him astral projecting on his own.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kadeem
@daak1212: If they were going to make a comic based on the outcome of this battle who would you want to see in an on going Sorcerer Supreme series?
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Outside_85
@kadeem
Guess my pick would be based on who i would find the most interesting while carrying the mantle....I'd say that would be Jason Blood, since Zatanna has her own series (will be squaring off agains tthe Spectre the next issue or two) and is basically DC's SS since Fate is still pretty new (wish DC would expand on the 'powerful mages' sheet for the JLA, beyond those two). And Magik...well it seems she cant decide if she is good, evil or just selfish.
lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lantian1

I'd probable go with Zatanna, though too assume the mantle she would probable have to stop relying on speaking backwards as a focus

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daak1212
@Outside_85 said:
@daak1212: Isnt that the gist of Constantine? That he wades through magic and demons on an almost daily basis and is very knowlegedable in the occult, but he doesnt actually have any magical abilities on his own. (Atleast thats what i remember it being till he shared blood...or a bed with a succubus?)
He has magic ability.
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Belladonna
@kadeem said:
@Charmix said:
The temple in the picture above.
Ooh okay, ummm I'll go with Zatanna 
She can easily speak backwards spell just as easily as talking normally. Aside from that she's a top player in DC as of right now. 
@Outside_85 said:
@kadeem: Guess my pick would be based on who i would find the most interesting while carrying the mantle....I'd say that would be Jason Blood, since Zatanna has her own series (will be squaring off agains tthe Spectre the next issue or two) and is basically DC's SS since Fate is still pretty new (wish DC would expand on the 'powerful mages' sheet for the JLA, beyond those two). And Magik...well it seems she cant decide if she is good, evil or just selfish.
I so agree on this, in Reign in Hell, he was basically the most pathetic sorcerer there, even a powerless Enchantress was much more better, who reluctantly was willing to allow herself take the helmet and used her own knowledge on magic to help the current team against Lobo. He pretty much is a waste for the helmet.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kadeem
@Outside_85: I can see a storyline where Jason Blood is The Sorcerer Supreme.  I would picture that after taking his place under the mantle Jason would be able to use his new powers to finally both separate himself from and control Etrigan.  It would be interesting to see them work as a team.
@Charmix:You are right about Dr. Fate. DC has a really bad record on writing Fate well.