Battle Beast (Invincible) vs Ares (Marvel)

• 65 results
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

This is the gladiator grand slam! A God Of War versus The scurge of Twin Galaxies!!

The Battle Beast travels across the galaxy to confront Ares. Hearing that Earth has a true ''God Of War."

They fight in the Australian Out Back. Time is twenty past mid-night. Battle Beast has his mace and a dagger made of diamond.

Ares has his Axe and a broad sword. Both opponents are not aware of the potential of the other. Although Battle Beast is here

to confront Ares, this will be his first time meeting him, basically specified above.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Any feats for Battle Beast?

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Illuminatus said:
Very little. And unfortunately for him, Ares takes him down.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Dark Cloud™ said:
@Illuminatus said:
Finally, a battle where the Olympian doesn't get slaughtered.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Illuminatus said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:
@Illuminatus said:
I know, I've missed Ares winning for so long. =\
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By HellionVulcan

@Illuminatus said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:
@Illuminatus said:

The only fights Ares gets slaughtered in is vs Thor level type beings & certain others lol but i think Ares will take it his weapons are far more durable & magical plus it says battle beast died so how did he die & is it a means that Ares can perform ? even thou i believe Ares weapons would slaughter him .

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@HellionVulcan said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Illuminatus said:

The only fights Ares gets slaughtered in is vs Thor level type beings & certain others lol but i think Ares will take it his weapons are far more durable & magical plus it says battle beast died so how did he die & is it a means that Ares can perform ? even thou i believe Ares weapons would slaughter him .

Invincible #76, during the Viltrumite space fight, Thragg snaps Battle Beast's neck. From then on, we don't see him anymore. And yes, if Ares gets the upper-hand, which is more than likely, then he could do the same feat. SMALL EDIT: I just want to point out that it's surprising of Battle Beast to be implied he can take on an adult Viltrumite. Though that is fairly irrelevant simply because the Viltrumite(s) he killed aren't stated to be older; so it's difficult to gauge how powerful they really were and how strong Battle Beast is given his less that reputable abilities.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Illuminatus said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:
@Illuminatus said:

The irony of this thread is uncanny. Normally Ares loses on here for the reason Beast does here apparently.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Saren

Erm, I'm not entirely sure Battle Beast would lose. In his first appearance he KO'd Invincible with two hits. That was a weaker version of Invincible, but at that point Mark was still strong enough to hurt Nolan (who's a 400 tonner at the very least, judging by his feats and how Viltrumite physiology works). He fought and killed multiple Viltrumites at the same time, and he apparently outclassed them to the point where he thought Thragg was the only one who could actually give him a challenge. I think he might simply be too strong for Ares.

I'm not sure why Thragg killing Battle Beast is being brought up as if it's somehow proof that Ares could do the same, Thragg was strong enough to thrash Mark and Nolan at the same time. They both outclass Ares.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Nerx

Battle Beast would rip ares a new one, the only time I saw him lose was when Grand Regent Thragg snapped his neck and believe me that guy would mangle Ares in less than a milisecond

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

Ares.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@CitizenBane said:

Erm, I'm not entirely sure Battle Beast would lose. In his first appearance he KO'd Invincible with two hits. That was a weaker version of Invincible, but at that point Mark was still strong enough to hurt Nolan (who's a 400 tonner at the very least, judging by his feats and how Viltrumite physiology works). He fought and killed multiple Viltrumites at the same time, and he apparently outclassed them to the point where he thought Thragg was the only one who could actually give him a challenge. I think he might simply be too strong for Ares.

I'm not sure why Thragg killing Battle Beast is being brought up as if it's somehow proof that Ares could do the same, Thragg was strong enough to thrash Mark and Nolan at the same time. They both outclass Ares.

Whoah, was it confirmed that Thragg killed Battle Beast? It looked like he just tossed him aside. 

Also, should be a good fight, but Battle Beast seems to be more durable.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

@texasdeathmatch said:

@CitizenBane said:

Whoah, was it confirmed that Thragg killed Battle Beast? It looked like he just tossed him aside. Also, should be a good fight, but Battle Beast seems to be more durable.

I think so. There was a cracking sound when Thragg grabbed him by the neck and then he tossed him aside after saying BB was little more than a nuisance. Plus Thragg isn't really into leaving opponents alive.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@CitizenBane said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@CitizenBane said:

Whoah, was it confirmed that Thragg killed Battle Beast? It looked like he just tossed him aside. Also, should be a good fight, but Battle Beast seems to be more durable.

I think so. There was a cracking sound when Thragg grabbed him by the neck and then he tossed him aside after saying BB was little more than a nuisance. Plus Thragg isn't really into leaving opponents alive.

I think the question stems from the fact that we've seen Invincible verse characters returning from far worse than a broken neck.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@CitizenBane: Looking at the page right now, all it has is Battle Beast saying, "IRK!" but there's no cracking sound. I think Thragg just caught him off guard and threw him aside.
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Battle Beast tears Ares a new one, the only person that could kill him was Thragg who's above EVERY Vitrulmite including Mark and Nolan. The only person that approaches Thragg is Allen the Alien.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@texasdeathmatch: Cool, I guess I was wrong.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Battle Beast tears Ares a new one, the only person that could kill him was Thragg who's above EVERY Vitrulmite including Mark and Nolan. The only person that approaches Thragg is Allen the Alien.

This logic is faulty. Even if Thragg had killed Battle Beast, that does not mean only someone of Thragg's calibre could kill Battle Beast.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Illuminatus said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:
@Illuminatus said:

I can finally rest easy.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@CitizenBane said:

I think the question stems from the fact that we've seen Invincible verse characters returning from far worse than a broken neck.

He's not dead, Kirkman said in one of the letter pages we would be seeing him again
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@spiderbat87 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@CitizenBane said:

He's not dead, Kirkman said in one of the letter pages we would be seeing him again

Thragg has failed me

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@CitizenBane In this case it applies, Battle Beast almost killed Mark and ran through the Guardians. He was also going through Vitrulmites too before running into Thragg. I don't think Ares is in any of their class.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By the creator

So part of the basis for saying Battle Beast could potentially win is that he ko'ed Mark, when Mark was strong enough to lift 400 tonne and Ares is only rated at 75 tonnes ?

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HellionVulcan

@the creator said:

So part of the basis for saying Battle Beast could potentially win is that he ko'ed Mark, when Mark was strong enough to lift 400 tonne and Ares is only rated at 75 tonnes ?

Battle Beast possesses superhuman strength allowing him to lift over 50 tons & possibly alittle more as being able to lift 400 tons doesn't mean they don't have a glass jaw as durability/Fighting skill is what matters over strength in this fight as Ares weapon's should give him a huge advantage as its hurt Mikaboshi ,who is far greater then both characters foes haha ..

also why does battle beast look like a character from Thunder cats lol .

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@HellionVulcan said:

@the creator said:

Battle Beast possesses superhuman strength allowing him to lift over 50 tons & possibly alittle more as being able to lift 400 tons doesn't mean they don't have a glass jaw as durability/Fighting skill is what matters over strength in this fight as Ares weapon's should give him a huge advantage as its hurt Mikaboshi ,who is far greater then both characters foes haha ..

Judging by the ungodly amount of damage Mark took from Nolan before finally passing out, his durability is high enough that Battle Beast KO'ing him with two hits is impressive. Ares has no weapons that can hurt Mikaboshi, that was his son and that weapon now belongs to Gorgon.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HellionVulcan

@CitizenBane said:

@HellionVulcan said:

@the creator said:

Judging by the ungodly amount of damage Mark took from Nolan before finally passing out, his durability is high enough that Battle Beast KO'ing him with two hits is impressive. Ares has no weapons that can hurt Mikaboshi, that was his son and that weapon now belongs to Gorgon.

But Battle beast & Ares should know how to throw proper Punches as its like Gladiator knocking out the thing one punch on two separate occasions even thou thing has pretty good durability doesn't mean u can't get ko'd very easily as i doubt battle beast has done the same feat twice ..

Ares has no weapons that can hurt Mikaboshi ?

Mikaboshi vs Ares
Mikaboshi vs Ares

glad that this says differently as he looks in pain from Ares Axe hitting him almost looks like it nearly cut part of his arm off also shows Ares speed pretty well also .

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Saren

@HellionVulcan said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HellionVulcan said:

@the creator said:

But Battle beast & Ares should know how to throw proper Punches as its like Gladiator knocking out the thing one punch on two separate occasions even thou thing has pretty good durability doesn't mean u can't get ko'd very easily as i doubt battle beast has done the same feat twice ..

Ares has no weapons that can hurt Mikaboshi ?

Mikaboshi vs Ares
Mikaboshi vs Ares

glad that this says differently as he looks in pain from Ares Axe hitting him almost looks like it nearly cut part of his arm off also shows Ares speed pretty well also .

Battle Beast hasn't done the same thing twice because he has very limited appearances. Your analogy is meaningless, the disparity in strength between Mark and BB isn't even remotely close to the disparity between Gladiator and Thing. You've picked an extreme scenario to illustrate your point.

And that scan is pointless too, plenty of things have cut Mikaboshi's skin without harming him in the slightest. Thor's lightning did more apparent harm to Mikaboshi than that axe of Ares, he was still completely unharmed. The only weapon that has hurt Mikaboshi to any significant degree is Grasscutter.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saren

@HellionVulcan: And that scan says nothing for Ares' speed any more than Batman kicking Spectre somehow illustrate Wayne's speed.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the creator

@CitizenBane: The reason I asked about the percieved respective strengths of Ares and Invicible (and by default Battlebeast) is that perhaps some people might misunderstand exactly how durable and strong Ares actually is. Although Ares is rated at a strength of 75 tonnes on the Marvel Universe strength scale, this would seem to be quite in accurate. For instance we have had other beings rated at 70 tonnes (Sasquatch) lift part of a destroyer (10,000+ tonnes) out of the water in the past or the Thing (rated at 85 tonnes at the time) lift a large space cruiser that would clearly weigh several hundred tonnes. Ares strength is sufficient to contend with Hercules (yes he loses but it does not change the point). He has exchanged blows with an angry Hercules before and Hercules strength, like Thor's, enables him to routinely perform feats that are at least in the tens of thousands of tonnes (and some quite regularly that are far beyond this). So Ares durability would appear to be far beyond that of Invincible. Ares also possesses unlimited physical endurance as his body produces no fatigue posions. He can literally fight for months without end, in much the same way Thor has. Ares also benefits from an advanced healing factor. Finally his combat prowess as the God of War is nothing to be dismissed. So in short, unless Battlebeast has strength to rival that of Thor / Hercules, unlimited endurance and durability to withstand blows from someone who in reality is a lot stronger than Invincible, I don't see him winning.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@the creator said: @CitizenBane
                      @CitizenBane: The reason I asked about the percieved respective strengths of Ares and Invicible (and by default Battlebeast) is that perhaps some people might misunderstand exactly how durable and strong Ares actually is. Although Ares is rated at a strength of 75 tonnes on the Marvel Universe strength scale, this would seem to be quite in accurate. For instance we have had other beings rated at 70 tonnes (Sasquatch) lift part of a destroyer (10,000+ tonnes) out of the water in the past or the Thing (rated at 85 tonnes at the time) lift a large space cruiser that would clearly weigh several hundred tonnes. Ares strength is sufficient to contend with Hercules (yes he loses but it does not change the point). He has exchanged blows with an angry Hercules before and Hercules strength, like Thor's, enables him to routinely perform feats that are at least in the tens of thousands of tonnes (and some quite regularly that are far beyond this). So Ares durability would appear to be far beyond that of Invincible. Ares also possesses unlimited physical endurance as his body produces no fatigue posions. He can literally fight for months without end, in much the same way Thor has. Ares also benefits from an advanced healing factor. Finally his combat prowess as the God of War is nothing to be dismissed. So in short, unless Battlebeast has strength to rival that of Thor / Hercules, unlimited endurance and durability to withstand blows from someone who in reality is a lot stronger than Invincible, I don't see him winning.
What proof do you have that Ares is a lot stronger than Mark?
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the creator

How about Ares engaging in hand to hand (wrestling) with Hercules. Or how about engaging Thor in hand to hand combat. In either case, Ares does not get mashed when blocking Hercules blow or a swing of Mjolnir from Thor, clearly indicating that his strength is at least sufficient to allow his to enagage Thor and Hercules in combat (and eventually lose). There was the time as well when he was surrounded by Iron Man armours. They failed to drag him down despite their grappling him. The Iron Man at the time was also shown to be capable of lifting thousands of tonnes (on many occasions).

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By texasdeathmatch

As I've said, its nearly impossible to create battle threads with Invincible characters. They don't have 50 different writers creating outrageous, inconsistant feats for them.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the creator

No instead they have a writer publish their powers in a handbook using the same format as the old OHOTMU, where the writer states that Invincible can lift 15 tonnes or so and Omniman can lift something like 20 tonnes or so. That seems inconsistent with issues of Invincible showing him far stronger just a little while later. Yes Invincible gets stronger as he ages but not by a factor of 10 when compared to Omniman who continues to get stronger but at a slower rate due to his being significantly older. Inconsistencies.......

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@the creator: I've never read that handbook for Invincible. Anyways, Invincible may have started at 15 tons, but just because he grows from that doesn't make his powers inconsistant. Its even been stated when he's become far stronger when pressing a 400 ton machine. Omniman even remarks at times how much faster or stronger Invincible has grown. So boo hoo if Kirkman doesn't update his handbook every two months, but I honestly don't see that as an inconsistency of powers. Readers know his limitations and what he's capable of doing.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the creator

The handbooks were published when it was clear Invincible was already beyond 15 tonnes and is Omniman only meant to be 25% stronger than Invincible then......hardly. They were poorly written and poorly conceived. Like I said, inconsistent.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the creator

I forgot to add, yes you are right, Invincible does not have 20 or so different writers creating inconsistencies when good editorial staff should keep it to a minimum. Instead they have 1 writer who still makes some inconsistencies.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Too cool for the reply function, I see.

@the creator: Okay, if that's what the handbook states, then its inaccurate. That being said, the handbook's inaccuracy makes no difference with the comics, because they ARE consistent. As my original post had stated, there aren't 50 different writers creating inconsistent FEATS for Invincible characters.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@the creator: Just because he writes a bullsh*t handbook to appease comic readers who are all about statistical numbers does not mean his writing is inconsistent. That's a terrible assumption to make.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

...Arkillo wins.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I hate you. Also, how many more times do you think we can use the word "consistent" in this thread?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

I think the truth is somewhat in the middle. While Invincible is more consistent than most series in terms of displayed power levels, there are still various inconsistencies (for instance Mark shrugged off a nuke with ease but was briefly KOed by Universa, whose blasts were nowhere near that level of power output), but most 1on1 showings between the characters involved have been sufficient for us to shape a proper hierarchy. As for the handbook, yes, most of the figures were very far off. Omni-Man's was probably the most apt, given that he was rated as being capable of lifting in excess of 100 tons (a la Marvel), but Mark being at 30 or Battle Beast lifting 20 were simply peculiar.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@Morpheus_: Thanks for that. My memory is a little hazy, when did Mark get hit by a nuke? (unless it was a recent issue, then don't tell me cause I'm following the TPB :P).

Also, I think Universa's shot might just be a concentrated energy blast, I mean her staff does absorb an obscene amount of energy, right?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the creator

@texasdeathmatch: as I am working on an iPad, I don't get the benefit of the full text editor for quoted replies. Instead I get the crappy textarea. As for inconsistency in writing, if Kirkman writes in the comic that Invincible can lift 100 tonnes for instance but then 1 month before he publishes a handbook that say Mark can lift 30 tonnes (or whatever the low figure was) its is inconsistent. Especially since it then had the taste of cashing in on his fans.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch: I'll have to look up for the exact issue since I wasn't collecting scans during reading. He also survived easily the explosion that vaporized Las Vegas.

It might, but she was in search for energy at the time so I doubt a couple of blasts surpassed the output of a nuke or the Las Vegas explosion.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the creator

@Morpheus_: Are you talking about the time (with the nuke missile) that Invincible intercepted in space, tore in to and then it exploded ?

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@the creator: Ah my bad.

Eh, like I said, I never read the handbook, and I don't think I will ever have the need to. The comic itself has been consistent and entertaining enough for me to enjoy it without being overwhelmed with fallacies.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@Morpheus_: right right, that was in the latest trade.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GhostRider29

So, who is battle beast?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@the creator said:

@Morpheus_: Are you talking about the time (with the nuke missile) that Invincible intercepted in space, tore in to and then it exploded ?

Yep.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the creator

@morpheus_: then I disagree that the nuclear missile actually detonated. If you can, please post the image. From my recollection, the image shows Mark tear in to the drive area of the missile that causes a leak and a resultant explosion. The explosion is the same colour as the exhaust from the rocket. Nuclear missiles are designed to go off when they are designed to e.g. There are fail safes. In this instance Mark causes the missile to explode but without a resultant nuclear explosion.