Batroc The Leaper (The Winter Soldier) Vs Bane (TDKR)

Saint_Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saint_michael said:

@entropy_aegis:

@entropy_aegis said:

Bane,fancy kicks wont mean squat when the other guy cant even feel them.

@tigerkaya said:

Batroc for me. Slices parts of Bane's mask and rapid kicks to KO.

Prove he can slice the mask.

@feartheliving said:

Batroc I don't recall Bane even doing anything that special in Rises when it comes to hand to hand combat. (Maybe I'm missing something and someone should remind me)

His strength and durability trupm Batroc's skill.

To use your own words, prove his strength and durability will trupm (whatever that means) Batroc's skill.

You ask someone to prove a statement, then offer a BS statement yourself without any proof yourself. Typical Batman (or Batman villain) fan.

It was supposed to be trump,a simple typo but your mind was filled with BS to comprehend that. Bane's mask was never broken in that entire movie,despite getting struck repeatedly by Batman,so how exactly is Batroc a character that hasn't shown the same level of striking power as Batman supposed to accomplish the same? pulling the tubes required the use of Batman's gauntlet blades a luxury that Batroc doesn't posses. Similarly Bane's strength trumps Batroc's advantages cause it was actually super human,nothing Batroc did was inhuman.

Your comment has also been flagged for calling me out for no reason at all, you could've addressed me without referring to me as a "typical fan",what exactly are you doing here if you'e not a typical fan of whatever character you like?

Edit: Looking at some of your earlier posts,you seem to be a Batman and villain hater.

I pointed out the errors of your post. First in spelling, secondly in logic. It's not my fault your "argument" has fallacies (you rudely requested a person to prove their statement without providing any proof to back up your own). That is a double standard. In so doing, you seem to rank your opinion as more valuable than other people's. You didn't even notice that I gave no indication of who I thought would win this fight. I simply pointed out your post's inadequacies.

Calling my mind full of BS is far more flag worthy than me pointing out your double standards. But I won't stoop to that level. I believe in free expression.

I am a "hater" of biased people that use supposition as fact to support their point of view. On these forums, Batman supporters frequently fit this description.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 rogueshadow  Moderator

Bane.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@i_like_swords: Ah so you admit your defeat, by resorting to how many post I've done on this site.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane takes on Batroc, Rumlow, and Falcon all at once and obliterates each one of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bane takes on Batroc, Rumlow, and Falcon all at once and obliterates each one of them.

sorry but Falcon shoots him. Rumlow tazes him. Batroc kicks his mask off.

Or in pure H2H they dogpile.

He can take Rumlow and Falcon solo and maybe together, but he isn't taking Batroc solo.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: There is no evidence that Cap wasn't trying? is this supposed to be a joke,Cap wasn't trying period.

@spidershamrock said:

Batroc kicks Bane's mask so much that it comes loose and Bane starts crying again like in TDKR

Nah,Batroc the broken will the new meme on the street after Bane's done with him.

I think Batroc's superior fighting ability would make up for it though

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc doesn't have the feats to hang with Bane.

Bane is too strong, too insusceptible to pain and has enough speed and endurance to keep up until Batroc messes up.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Lmfao you made a funny. Falcon picks him up and drops him into oncoming traffic. Splat.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis said:

@saint_michael said:

@entropy_aegis:

@entropy_aegis said:

Bane,fancy kicks wont mean squat when the other guy cant even feel them.

@tigerkaya said:

Batroc for me. Slices parts of Bane's mask and rapid kicks to KO.

Prove he can slice the mask.

@feartheliving said:

Batroc I don't recall Bane even doing anything that special in Rises when it comes to hand to hand combat. (Maybe I'm missing something and someone should remind me)

His strength and durability trupm Batroc's skill.

To use your own words, prove his strength and durability will trupm (whatever that means) Batroc's skill.

You ask someone to prove a statement, then offer a BS statement yourself without any proof yourself. Typical Batman (or Batman villain) fan.

It was supposed to be trump,a simple typo but your mind was filled with BS to comprehend that. Bane's mask was never broken in that entire movie,despite getting struck repeatedly by Batman,so how exactly is Batroc a character that hasn't shown the same level of striking power as Batman supposed to accomplish the same? pulling the tubes required the use of Batman's gauntlet blades a luxury that Batroc doesn't posses. Similarly Bane's strength trumps Batroc's advantages cause it was actually super human,nothing Batroc did was inhuman.

Your comment has also been flagged for calling me out for no reason at all, you could've addressed me without referring to me as a "typical fan",what exactly are you doing here if you'e not a typical fan of whatever character you like?

Edit: Looking at some of your earlier posts,you seem to be a Batman and villain hater.

I pointed out the errors of your post. First in spelling, secondly in logic. It's not my fault your "argument" has fallacies (you rudely requested a person to prove their statement without providing any proof to back up your own). That is a double standard. In so doing, you seem to rank your opinion as more valuable than other people's. You didn't even notice that I gave no indication of who I thought would win this fight. I simply pointed out your post's inadequacies.

Calling my mind full of BS is far more flag worthy than me pointing out your double standards. But I won't stoop to that level. I believe in free expression.

I am a "hater" of biased people that use supposition as fact to support their point of view. On these forums, Batman supporters frequently fit this description.

On these forums Batman supporters are by far more tame than supporters of other characters,whatever frustrations you have with Batman fans,take them to You Tube where you'll actually kind those guys, there's far more bias for the Cap side here than the Batman side.

His statement was empty,I couldve just as easily said that Bane crushes Batroc's throat or snaps his neck or whatever came in to my mind.Bane is stronger and more resilient than Batroc,he has sufficient feats to prove it,Batroc is skilled and fast but his feats are insufficient,hence why Bane's advantages trump Batrocs,there happy?

Speaking of double standards,how about you take this attitude and apply it to I like swords,he's more interested in post count,go on defend the masses,it's your job apparently.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: ... what?

I said Batroc annihilates Bane. And that I wasn't sure about his fight with Cap. How you managed to connect those two up is beyond me.

Your eyes comment was directed at anyone who thinks Cap wasn't holding back, which is an insult. You insulted me, anyone in this thread or any other thread which have shared my view, and anyone viewing the thread that isn't posting. You called all of them, and me, either visually impaired or mentally deficient. Which is a ban-worthy offence.

No it's not ban worthy,you on the other hand bullying another poster is definitely warning worthy. Batroc only has one fight in that entire flick,and now you've admitted to not being sure of how it went and yet you still insist Batroc not only wins but also solos the entire Nolan universe with his hands tied,an awfully BS statement coming from someone who thinks rather highly of his so called debating skills and post count. At this point it's clear that you remember the fight the way you want it to instead of how it actually was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords said:

@entropy_aegis: ... what?

I said Batroc annihilates Bane. And that I wasn't sure about his fight with Cap. How you managed to connect those two up is beyond me.

Your eyes comment was directed at anyone who thinks Cap wasn't holding back, which is an insult. You insulted me, anyone in this thread or any other thread which have shared my view, and anyone viewing the thread that isn't posting. You called all of them, and me, either visually impaired or mentally deficient. Which is a ban-worthy offence.

No it's not ban worthy,you on the other hand bullying another poster is definitely warning worthy. Batroc only has one fight in that entire flick,and now you've admitted to not being sure of how it went and yet you still insist Batroc not only wins but also solos the entire Nolan universe with his hands tied,an awfully BS statement coming from someone who thinks rather highly of his so called debating skills and post count. At this point it's clear that you remember the fight the way you want it to instead of how it actually was.

1. Don't try and turn this around on me, calling me a bully. You're the one who has blatantly insulted a number of users in this thread. I'm not going to let you roam about insulting mine and others opinions like that. So you've been flagged and I won't reply to your nonsense after this post, since you're too stubborn to concede anything.

2. It's not the number of fights Batroc has, it's the quality of them. And the quality of Batrocs performance against Cap is something Bane is sorely lacking in his quality against Batman. He was doing a bit of dirty street boxing and throwing swinging hooks. Nothing impressive, or fast. Batroc would kick his mask off before he could set his feet.

3. I was unsure about the one moment Frozen pointed out about why Cap stood still for a moment, not how the rest of the fight went. Seriously, you're picking me up for every little insignificant thing because your entire debate is lacking any notable substance, and only extends to statements that aren't backed up by any evidence, mundane generalizations, and insults to other users, including me.

4. I obviously said Batroc solos the Nolanverse as a joke. Wow, you pick up everything don't you?

5. I didn't ever say anything about my own debating skills or post count. I just find it amazing that people can come into a thread like this as new user with no reputation or respect and start being condescending to experienced guys who have been here for about a year or longer, and have actually worked to improve their debating skills and knowledge. Especially when they don't even provide an argument, and decide to dribble out with their unimpressive one liners followed by some snarky comment about how anyone who disagrees with them "can't see properly" or "is a biased fanboy" as users like you and godzilla take to saying.

Please, just stop using this site altogether unless you're going to mature a bit.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#212 SC  Moderator

@saint_michael: @entropy_aegis: @i_like_swords: Hello.

No need to make it personal. Even if either of you think a user is guilty of breaking rules, then flag or alert a moderator and move on. Or if you want to address the users on topic points, then just do that and ignore hostile or antagonizing remarks. When you tell a user you are flagging them or accusing them of certain wrong doings its antagonizing another user and chances are situation will still escalate into further insults. Then it makes it harder for moderators to spot which users are being hostile.

From here I am asking you to all move on, and try and be more civil and patient with each other next time. Most users aren't looking for a fight so a bit of patience and friendliness can go a long way to defusing a situation. Thank you. Can PM me questions or concerns.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still saying Batroc not surprised by those siding with Bane since DC fans are automatically hateful of anything Marvel related. Oh well sucks to bee you guys.

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Regular_Joe

@frozen said:

@regular_joe:

• No. Batman overpowered Bane because Bane fatigued,
  • Come on, you're not even going to give this to Batman? Bane was not fatigued, he was just overpowered. Batman had trained a lot for the fight and he was just stronger at this point, that's all.
  • after that none of Batman's punches were of any effect.
  • True, but Banes had no effect on the Bat either.
  • Yes, he cracked this man's neck:
No Caption Provided

And yes, he cracked his neck (not crushed his windpipe). The script asserts the writer's intentions:

No Caption Provided

And then the subtitles:

No Caption Provided

To do such a feat requires roughly from 800lbs of force-1000lbs something. Barry Allen in Arrow stated it takes 1,250lbs of pressure.

That actually is pretty impressive. I'm curious about the numbers, though. I think it's more of an angles thing than a straight "bend until it snaps" thing, which it doesn't look like he did. In the script it says he flipped his chin.

And those pillars are from Wall Street:

No Caption Provided

That's not plaster. He's punching into the pillars. Most cannot accomplish such a feat:

Those actually aren't pillars from Wall Street. These are, though:

No Caption Provided

These are actual stone/concrete/whatever from Wall Street. I suspect that Bane would have probably shattered his hand had he punched one of these.

• Cap didn't 'raise' his skill. He started to fight, we were not given any measure
  • Captain America clearly raised the level of skill he was putting into fighting Batroc. He takes out at least 7-10 guys before Batroc with just hand to hand fighting and one-shots just about every one of them. Shield was only used for 1 or 2 guys. This is blatantly misrepresenting the facts.
  • Batroc was, yes.
  • Batroc was not the first guy Cap fought, again an epic misrepresentation. Cap literally fights, hand to hand, a ton of guys before fighting Batroc.
  • However, he was knocking out and killing other mercenaries, with much more force exerted
  • Nowhere does it say he killed anyone anyone else and nowhere does it even look like he killed anyone. One guy he tagged with the knife in the hand and another guy he knocked off the boat, but that didn't clearly look survivable. There's no reason to assume that Cap used any less force against Batroc than he used against every other guy who went down after one shot.
  • No. Feeling out. Batroc was flat out knocked off balance
  • Batroc was so much better than every other guy on the boat up to that point, Cap was totally surprised by his level of skill and was looking for an opening. This also is clear.
  • Batman made an attempt to block, he couldn't. At the start of the fight, he blocks one but after that he cannot
  • Agreed. For some reason, Bane...I mean that's not even a style, that's just right, left, right, left haymakers. Look at the gif you posted and tell me that's not just a guy throwing wild haymakers with a clear setup telegraph before each one.
No Caption Provided

• Not really. Had Batman attempted to do fancy flips, it wouldn't have worked.
  • In the other scenario on the catwalk it would have been perfect. It's not just a flip, though. You get that, right? It's the ability to do anything more than just walk forward and eat hit after hit. There's a guy named Chris "The Crippler" Leben in the UFC who I hate watching because this is pretty much all he does. He gets owned all the time because he just wades forward into blows and unless his opponent sucks, he gets his ass kicked. It's not a good strategy unless the guy you're using it against has an equal level of suck fighting.
  • Taking your opponents hits and trading is a dangerous strategy but it has it's trade-offs, it allows for sufficient hits to be returned
  • The problem is that it is their only strategy. Bane seems to be unable to do anything more than wade through shots and deliver clearly telegraphed punches at the head and body.
  • Again, I disagree. The GIFS of Bane reversing his position and sweeping are tactics not anyone can do.
  • See, you're putting way too much thought into this stuff. If you're talking about the sweep (you never quote my stuff so I'm guessing) Batman tackled Bane and was on top of him. Bane threw him off. That's it. This requires no skill to accomplish as Batman didn't even try to stay on top.
  • The sweep is a dirty tactic and the reversing of the position is a lock counter
  • The sweep isn't dirty, it's just not very practical because it hardly ever works. If you've got a guy in ground and pound just pushing him off you isn't going to work.
  • He sweeps towards the end. Prior to that, he counters Batman's punches
  • I see no sweep, sir. He just pushes him off and Batman rolls.
  • No. He was stumbling due to Bane's punches, thus he had no solid footing
  • Yeh.
  • No. They really don't. They expend alot of energy, leave you open for counters, put you off balance, the list goes on
  • True, they aren't for the average guy to use, but high level movie type fighting people can use them to good use. Would I recommend Batman trying one? Probably not I guess since he couldn't even duck one of those shots much less back flip off a catwalk. Batroc absolutely is clearly effective with them and so was Cap.
  • They are not really 'knocking' him back.
  • They really are. Multiple times in fact. Three times at the beginning of the fight he kicks him and knocks him back. Once he gets kicked square in the chest and is knocked to the ground.
  • Cap wasn't stationary, he was moving back.
  • Because Batroc was kicking him.
  • This is the same shield that's took a hit from Thor's mjolnir
  • It is.
  • His balance allowed him to get so easily tagged and countered. So it does matter
  • Cap saw the opening and took it faster than Batroc could react (in the middle of his attacks) and shield bashed him a good 10 feet or so through the air. No matter what your balance is like, again, if you get hit that hard you're going for a ride.
  • I'm saying no such thing, we just never saw how good his blocking ability is
  • Agreed. Cap attacked while Batroc was attacking, he never had a chance to block most of it. I think we can assume, though, that given the level of his fighting ability, he has way better blocking than Batman does and certainly better than "I'll just let him hit me because I can't even feel it" Bane.
  • He didn't take shots at will, he tried to attack but Cap countered him. We can't infer much of his blocking, we can infer that he was offensive but that left him open
  • No, Cap took shots at will. We can easily infer that Batroc has block/counter/dodge ability at least in the range of his fighting ability which is tremendous.
  • He takes 4 once Cap unarms himself. Prior to that he took about one
  • Before Cap put the shield away he took at least three and still didn't go down. After he took another 4 or 5 and stillgot back up, even after Caps flip kick to the face. At this point Cap tackled him and rammed him through a wall/door and Batroc was still not knocked out. Cap has to hit him again before he's unconscious.
  • But the problem is, Cap one-shots other people due to the force he was exerting. He wasn't hitting Batroc as hard as he was Bucky and prior to that, he was destroying the mercenaries due to brutally throwing his shield into them
  • This is just totally incorrect. Cap was hitting guys hard enough to one shot them. If anything he was hitting Batroc harder than everyone else because he just goes flying. Plus the flip kick was clearly the hardest shot he had delivered to anyone in the film up to that point and Batroc still was not knocked out.
  • The morphine allowed him to not feel pain. Batroc's kicks look ferocius because they can cause people mass amounts of pain. It's not very effective when your opponent can't feel your attacks
  • Again, just because you can't feel your legs breaking, doesn't mean they're not breaking. This, seriously, is a terrible "power". He still takes damage just like everybody else, he just doesn't know that his knees have been destroyed until he just isn't able to walk anymore.
  • Bane will most likely snatch Batroc and then throw him to the floor, or knock Batroc off balance, considering Batroc left himself as such
  • Yeah, there is no chance of Bane "snatching" Batroc. Bane has shown one tenth (being generous) of the skill that Batroc demonstrated against Cap. Had he been fighting Bane we would have seen even more crazy stuff and Bane would have just been pounded from all directions.
  • What damage? To be effective, he'll need to stop his mask or take Bane down to the floor, to which he cannot afford to do
  • No. To do damage he just has to hit him, just like anyone else. You are either mistaken in how Banes "powers" work, or you are just willfully stating incorrect things. The morphine, as you said, makes it so he doesn't feel pain. That's it. It has nothing to do with him not actually taking damage.
  • IIRC he snapped one of their necks, he had no problem with killing and did so in the first Captain America film
  • I did not see a neck break, sir. If it's there, I missed it. Not saying he couldn't or didn't, I just didn't see it.
  • I much prefer Cap. Better story
  • ...yeah, I think I'm with you. RDJ was waaay to big in the Avengers imo. I hope they even it out some in the next one.

So, yeah couple more points.

Batroc also was able to dodge the shield after Cap threw it without even looking at it. Cap threw it at him from outside the room, behind his back, and Batroc still managed to dodge it.

Batroc is clearly outside of Banes ability to take him. I just watched it again last night myself taking note (as well as I could) of the fight and those preceding it. Batroc is well beyond Bane in fighting ability, speed, at least on par with durability after taking on those shots from Cap. The only one I'll give Bane for sure is strength, but even then it's not by such a wide margin that it cannot be overcome by a regular guy as Batman clearly overpowered him at one point.

Batroc in a walk. Easily Batroc.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: bane is still more durable than batroc. Batroc still got wtf stomped. He is faster than bane but bane is capable enough to get his hands on batroc. Steve even brawled with him not even needing much skill. You saw how batroc was speared like plank from cap but yet batroc was capable of dodging caps shield but couldnt keep himself from being tackled by cap who wasnt even fighting full speed.

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: bane is still more durable than batroc. Batroc still got wtf stomped. He is faster than bane but bane is capable enough to get his hands on batroc. Steve even brawled with him not even needing much skill. You saw how batroc was speared like plank from cap but yet batroc was capable of dodging caps shield but couldnt keep himself from being tackled by cap who wasnt even fighting full speed.

Batroc was tackled by Cap immediately after Cap flip kicked him and he was getting up, still dazed from the attack. Even after the tacke, and being slammed through a door to the ground he still wasn't knocked out. Cap had to him again to finally knock him out.

I didn't say Batroc was more durable, just that he was on par with Bane in the durability department since I think he technically has better durability feats than Bane does.

Plus the fact that Batroc doesn't have his one main weakness literally attached to his face and if even an accidental blow damages it, it's game over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still saying Batroc not surprised by those siding with Bane since DC fans are automatically hateful of anything Marvel related. Oh well sucks to bee you guys.

The door swings both ways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@iaconpoint: @gunmetalgrey: Read

@entropy_aegis: Really cause from what I remember Bruce punched him in the mask and he was like oh shit.

Bruce manages to remove a single cylinder of Bane's mask,because gauntlet's blades being sharp and made of metal. He didn't open with puch or ripp it off.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Not for me if I know a DC character will beat a Marvel character I yield and accept. But I find movie Batroc would do much better against Nolan's Bane given how slow and subdued he was compared to his comic version. If it was comic Bane vs comic Batroc yes I agree 100% Bane would win. But we are talking about his their movie counterparts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Not for me if I know a DC character will beat a Marvel character I yield and accept. But I find movie Batroc would do much better against Nolan's Bane given how slow and subdued he was compared to his comic version. If it was comic Bane vs comic Batroc yes I agree 100% Bane would win. But we are talking about his their movie counterparts.

That's your opinion of how this fight would go. Others disagree. That doesn't mean they "hate" Marvel.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@tigerkaya said:

That's your opinion of how this fight would go. Others disagree. That doesn't mean they "hate" Marvel.

And I say its false. But thats just my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@tigerkaya said:

And I say its false. But thats just my opinion.

You say what is false? Are you saying that everyone here arguing for Bane, including myself, hates Marvel?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Is that a joke? I don't know what to say. You're a horrible strategist man.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I was being sarcastic, but in all reality he could basically do that and Bane couldn't do much about it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:

@frozen said:

@regular_joe:

• Come on, you're not even going to give this to Batman? Bane was not fatigued, he was just overpowered. Batman had trained a lot for the fight and he was just stronger at this point, that's all.
No Caption Provided

And yes, he cracked his neck (not crushed his windpipe). The script asserts the writer's intentions:

No Caption Provided

And then the subtitles:

No Caption Provided

To do such a feat requires roughly from 800lbs of force-1000lbs something. Barry Allen in Arrow stated it takes 1,250lbs of pressure.

That actually is pretty impressive. I'm curious about the numbers, though. I think it's more of an angles thing than a straight "bend until it snaps" thing, which it doesn't look like he did. In the script it says he flipped his chin.

No Caption Provided

That's not plaster. He's punching into the pillars. Most cannot accomplish such a feat:

No Caption Provided

These are actual stone/concrete/whatever from Wall Street. I suspect that Bane would have probably shattered his hand had he punched one of these.

• Cap didn't 'raise' his skill. He started to fight, we were not given any measure
  • Captain America clearly raised the level of skill he was putting into fighting Batroc. He takes out at least 7-10 guys before Batroc with just hand to hand fighting and one-shots just about every one of them. Shield was only used for 1 or 2 guys. This is blatantly misrepresenting the facts.
  • Batroc was, yes.
  • Batroc was not the first guy Cap fought, again an epic misrepresentation. Cap literally fights, hand to hand, a ton of guys before fighting Batroc.
  • However, he was knocking out and killing other mercenaries, with much more force exerted
  • Nowhere does it say he killed anyone anyone else and nowhere does it even look like he killed anyone. One guy he tagged with the knife in the hand and another guy he knocked off the boat, but that didn't clearly look survivable. There's no reason to assume that Cap used any less force against Batroc than he used against every other guy who went down after one shot.
  • Batroc was so much better than every other guy on the boat up to that point, Cap was totally surprised by his level of skill and was looking for an opening. This also is clear.
  • Batman made an attempt to block, he couldn't. At the start of the fight, he blocks one but after that he cannot
  • Agreed. For some reason, Bane...I mean that's not even a style, that's just right, left, right, left haymakers. Look at the gif you posted and tell me that's not just a guy throwing wild haymakers with a clear setup telegraph before each one.
No Caption Provided

• In the other scenario on the catwalk it would have been perfect. It's not just a flip, though. You get that, right? It's the ability to do anything more than just walk forward and eat hit after hit. There's a guy named Chris "The Crippler" Leben in the UFC who I hate watching because this is pretty much all he does. He gets owned all the time because he just wades forward into blows and unless his opponent sucks, he gets his ass kicked. It's not a good strategy unless the guy you're using it against has an equal level of suck fighting.
  • Taking your opponents hits and trading is a dangerous strategy but it has it's trade-offs, it allows for sufficient hits to be returned
  • The problem is that it is their only strategy. Bane seems to be unable to do anything more than wade through shots and deliver clearly telegraphed punches at the head and body.
  • Again, I disagree. The GIFS of Bane reversing his position and sweeping are tactics not anyone can do.
  • See, you're putting way too much thought into this stuff. If you're talking about the sweep (you never quote my stuff so I'm guessing) Batman tackled Bane and was on top of him. Bane threw him off. That's it. This requires no skill to accomplish as Batman didn't even try to stay on top.
  • The sweep is a dirty tactic and the reversing of the position is a lock counter
  • The sweep isn't dirty, it's just not very practical because it hardly ever works. If you've got a guy in ground and pound just pushing him off you isn't going to work.
  • Yeh.
  • No. They really don't. They expend alot of energy, leave you open for counters, put you off balance, the list goes on
  • True, they aren't for the average guy to use, but high level movie type fighting people can use them to good use. Would I recommend Batman trying one? Probably not I guess since he couldn't even duck one of those shots much less back flip off a catwalk. Batroc absolutely is clearly effective with them and so was Cap.
  • They really are. Multiple times in fact. Three times at the beginning of the fight he kicks him and knocks him back. Once he gets kicked square in the chest and is knocked to the ground.
  • It is.
  • His balance allowed him to get so easily tagged and countered. So it does matter
  • Cap saw the opening and took it faster than Batroc could react (in the middle of his attacks) and shield bashed him a good 10 feet or so through the air. No matter what your balance is like, again, if you get hit that hard you're going for a ride.
  • Agreed. Cap attacked while Batroc was attacking, he never had a chance to block most of it. I think we can assume, though, that given the level of his fighting ability, he has way better blocking than Batman does and certainly better than "I'll just let him hit me because I can't even feel it" Bane.
  • He didn't take shots at will, he tried to attack but Cap countered him. We can't infer much of his blocking, we can infer that he was offensive but that left him open
  • No, Cap took shots at will. We can easily infer that Batroc has block/counter/dodge ability at least in the range of his fighting ability which is tremendous.
  • Before Cap put the shield away he took at least three and still didn't go down. After he took another 4 or 5 and stillgot back up, even after Caps flip kick to the face. At this point Cap tackled him and rammed him through a wall/door and Batroc was still not knocked out. Cap has to hit him again before he's unconscious.
  • But the problem is, Cap one-shots other people due to the force he was exerting. He wasn't hitting Batroc as hard as he was Bucky and prior to that, he was destroying the mercenaries due to brutally throwing his shield into them
  • This is just totally incorrect. Cap was hitting guys hard enough to one shot them. If anything he was hitting Batroc harder than everyone else because he just goes flying. Plus the flip kick was clearly the hardest shot he had delivered to anyone in the film up to that point and Batroc still was not knocked out.
  • The morphine allowed him to not feel pain. Batroc's kicks look ferocius because they can cause people mass amounts of pain. It's not very effective when your opponent can't feel your attacks
  • Again, just because you can't feel your legs breaking, doesn't mean they're not breaking. This, seriously, is a terrible "power". He still takes damage just like everybody else, he just doesn't know that his knees have been destroyed until he just isn't able to walk anymore.
  • Bane will most likely snatch Batroc and then throw him to the floor, or knock Batroc off balance, considering Batroc left himself as such
  • Yeah, there is no chance of Bane "snatching" Batroc. Bane has shown one tenth (being generous) of the skill that Batroc demonstrated against Cap. Had he been fighting Bane we would have seen even more crazy stuff and Bane would have just been pounded from all directions.
  • What damage? To be effective, he'll need to stop his mask or take Bane down to the floor, to which he cannot afford to do
  • No. To do damage he just has to hit him, just like anyone else. You are either mistaken in how Banes "powers" work, or you are just willfully stating incorrect things. The morphine, as you said, makes it so he doesn't feel pain. That's it. It has nothing to do with him not actually taking damage.
  • IIRC he snapped one of their necks, he had no problem with killing and did so in the first Captain America film
  • I did not see a neck break, sir. If it's there, I missed it. Not saying he couldn't or didn't, I just didn't see it.
  • ...yeah, I think I'm with you. RDJ was waaay to big in the Avengers imo. I hope they even it out some in the next one.

Batroc also was able to dodge the shield after Cap threw it without even looking at it. Cap threw it at him from outside the room, behind his back, and Batroc still managed to dodge it.

Batroc is clearly outside of Banes ability to take him. I just watched it again last night myself taking note (as well as I could) of the fight and those preceding it. Batroc is well beyond Bane in fighting ability, speed, at least on par with durability after taking on those shots from Cap. The only one I'll give Bane for sure is strength, but even then it's not by such a wide margin that it cannot be overcome by a regular guy as Batman clearly overpowered him at one point.

Read that. Regular_Joe is on top of this ****, plus at this point I'm pretty much done with this conversation so if all of you would stop quoting my damn post and bringing me back that would be great.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:

@regular_joe said:

@frozen said:

@regular_joe:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And then the subtitles:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• Batroc was, yes.
No Caption Provided

• Yeh.
  • It is.

Read that. Regular_Joe is on top of this ****, plus at this point I'm pretty much done with this conversation so if all of you would stop quoting my damn post and bringing me back that would be great.

No Caption Provided

So you showing me this because of what?

I'mnly point out something you negate or ignored,accept that Batman never breaks Bane's mask and people have right to quote or tagg you if they wanted.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By FearTheLiving

@matchesmalone21: Yes because if Batman doesn't actually break the mask the totally removes the giant flaw of it Batroc were to fight him it's not like that little metal tube is adamantium, however I passed you off to another person who actually wants to discuss the topic (because I obviously do not). As for quoting/tagging me sure you can do that, but I'm asking you not to. I simply don't want to read this topic anymore (nor enjoy battle threads in general) so if you do you'll sure come off like an arse, especially because at that point people were quoting me for no reason other than to reply to someone else.

I won't have my hopes up though cause I'm sure people will continue to do it.
I won't have my hopes up though cause I'm sure people will continue to do it.

MonkeyStarship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i loved both movies but i think Batroc could take Bane because if his speed

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc has no feats at all.Bane obviously

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc stomps. Did u see how durable he is? He took several of cap shield bash and kicks which would be sufficient to ohko grown men. He got up a few moments after being rammed into a door which collapsed and taking a knockout punch to the face. He didnt seem to sustain severe injuries as well

ALLCAPS_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc has no feats at all.Bane obviously

This. Bane breaks his back.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc wins without getting tagged. Bane would get embarrassed.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#233  Edited By WarlordEternal

I think Batroc is too fast for Bane.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane via SPINE BUSTER

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: since when is it impossible to tag batroc. I don't really wanna argue who wins, but he isn't untouchable.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane breaks his legs.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: He isn't untouchable at all. He is though way too skilled and fast to get tagged by haymakers.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

As badass as Batroc and his kicking was, I don't see how he's going to get past Bane's resistance and durability. Bane probably breaks his legs.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

As badass as Batroc and his kicking was, I don't see how he's going to get past Bane's resistance and durability. Bane probably breaks his legs.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane initiates Batroc into the "Broken Backs and Spirits" club.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Bane but in a good fight. Batroc did well against Cap due to his skill and took hits from cap.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc was a bit below super-soldier level, while Bane was peak human at most. He was hitting hard enough for the Cap to feel the hits, I think that is hard enough to hurt Bane.

Batroc 9/10.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane because batroc has "1" feat.

Snake-White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane with slight difficulty at best, he's physically stronger and his durability clinch it for him