Batman(Bruce Wayne) vs. Batman(Terry McGinnis)

• 57 results
Syn Abaddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Syn Abaddon

They both get a month to prepare they both have all their resources.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3

Bruce wins.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Uh considering Terry McGinnis' best resource was Bruce Wayne, this could be difficult to determine

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy
@texasdeathmatch said:
" Uh considering Terry McGinnis' best resource was Bruce Wayne, this could be difficult to determine "
That's what I was about to say. Frankly it comes down to Bruce Wayne with prep Vs. Bruce Wayne with prep and future tech with a kid in a suit better than Batman's by leaps and bounds.
Syn Abaddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Syn Abaddon
@iLLituracy:
Yea im seeing Terry  winning this
Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well if future bruce wants terry to win he can give terry a heads up on what his past self will bring but if he decided he wants terry to loose he can get him prepared for an a$$-whoopin'. If terry decides bot to use Bruce at all I see him loosing.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By ComicStooge

Terry...it's 

Bruce vs Terry & Bruce

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warlock360

If past bruce loses to future terry and bruce will future bruce still exist in the way he does?

HEAD ASPLODE!

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By crimsonspider89

Terry wins. Has better tech, has future Bruce at his side as well.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MKF30

If Terry have his suit vs. Bruce's normal suit, I think terry will win...that suit makes a bit of a difference...however, in terms of smarts, prep and fighting skills...Bruce has Terry easily so this will play a role...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

If Terry gets old Bruce, Terry wins pretty easily (old Bruce has experience and better tech). Without Bruce, Terry is screwed. 

In a straight fight, I say Bruce. He's smarter, a better fighter, and much more experienced. Plus Terry often loses to enemies that he really shouldn't.

Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maikel
@JediXMan:   @MKF30:  Old Bruce went roque once and it was up to Terry to stop him:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lagoon_boy
Wow
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MKF30

Nice scan, why did Bruce go rogue? Spellbinder did something to him? that's what it looked like, but weird lol...cool strip...I had forgotten they did a little series afterwards based off the show...pretty near arc

Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maikel
@MKF30: Bruce went roque because spellbinder send a hidden message through TV channels that told "batman" he would need to protect the world from his worst nightmare. Bruce's worst nightmare was that Terry went Rogue, so he suited up one more time to stop him in person, with his old stuff. Terry was grounded by his mom, so not allowed to watch TV at the time, but found Wayne missing and traced bruce(who believed he was tracing Terry). They met on the rooftop and Terry was forced to fight a disillusioned old Bruce.

Apart from the implanted illusion Bruce was fully himself, and Terry did not have much of a chance against Bruce who was about 80 years old at the time. The only thing that did not make sense here was that bruce went to fight him in his "old" suit, while he had a special Exosuit, over 5 times more powerfull then the suit Terry was wearing(He used it only once to fight Inque when she  took Terry hostage:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqRATvE-gXo and in the second part Bruce was rejuvenated by Ra's Al Guhl to his 50's, and Terry and he fought side by side(no suits)) 

Maybe you do or do not know this, after the fourth Batman movie, they were thinking about either doing a movie regarding Batman Beyond and the storyline from the cartoon and comics, or making a movie from "The dark knight returns" as a sequel to the "then" Batman movies. I hate their choice for a reboot, 90's Batman is my fav. (Ofcourse, if they had done "Batman Beyond", old bruce should not have been played by Keaton, but by Adam West(1960's batman!) ) 

Terry will also return in 2010 for a new comic series, I have seen no info on wether or not this would include Damian Wayne(who is actually his halfbrother).
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MKF30

Ahh, that's what I thought/figured given Spellbinder's "tricks" with hypnotizing people...thanks for that detailed explaination. Oh yes, the exo-suit...I think he didn't use that because if you remember in that show(I have all 3 seasons of BB) good series, it put too much strain on his heart. Bruce states this earlier in the show to Terry when he asked Bruce, why not wear it more often? Bruce put it on during that show because he felt he had no choice or Terry's life was in danger... 

Only reason I can think of as to why he didn't use that suit again, it is more powerful for sure but also slower and not as agile as Terry's suit is or Bruce's older rubber suit(in terms of agility and speed) 

Interesting about Terry returning, no info yet huh? damn...I have to keep an eye out for that thanks for the heads up ;) I loved BB. I wouldn't mind seeing a future movie post Christian Bale era(unless they make him look older) and train Terry...in the future. Or like you said, just get Adam West but have him act "serious" and not goofy like the show was... 

Damian Wayne being Terry's half brother is interesting also, since Terry has Bruce's DNA(technically his father) I loved epilogue...awesome show. 

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@MKF30 said:
" Ahh, that's what I thought/figured given Spellbinder's "tricks" with hypnotizing people...thanks for that detailed explaination. Oh yes, the exo-suit...I think he didn't use that because if you remember in that show(I have all 3 seasons of BB) good series, it put too much strain on his heart. Bruce states this earlier in the show to Terry when he asked Bruce, why not wear it more often? Bruce put it on during that show because he felt he had no choice or Terry's life was in danger...    Only reason I can think of as to why he didn't use that suit again, it is more powerful for sure but also slower and not as agile as Terry's suit is or Bruce's older rubber suit(in terms of agility and speed)  Interesting about Terry returning, no info yet huh? damn...I have to keep an eye out for that thanks for the heads up ;) I loved BB. I wouldn't mind seeing a future movie post Christian Bale era(unless they make him look older) and train Terry...in the future. Or like you said, just get Adam West but have him act "serious" and not goofy like the show was...  Damian Wayne being Terry's half brother is interesting also, since Terry has Bruce's DNA(technically his father) I loved epilogue...awesome show.   "
It was weird though that they used the JLA Unlimited finale as an epilogue for Batman Beyond.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Undergroundgod

Bruce Wayne FTW. :)
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xan84
@Undergroundgod said:
"Bruce Wayne FTW. :) "

Hell yeah ! That kid will never see it coming ..
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Old Bruce would be like "I'm not letting that little punk touch me" and hit his kill switch

Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maikel
@MKF30: Well, the exo-suit kicked Inques ass harder then Terry ever did! And Bruce climbed the entire building the oldfashioned way... Not that good for the heart either, and one of the reasons he was wearing a rebreather. 

Adam West never got another acting Job after Batman, and still is in his voice Acting always referred to as "Batman Adam West". I have the Entire DCAU on file(and on disc where they are available), and the original batman TAS from 1992 made an episode where they brought him back and he acted, basically as himself "Beware the grey Ghost", Adam West does the Grey Ghost voice, in "Epilogue", you see Terry as a small child walking out of the theater where they are showing a sequal to the movie discussed in the TAS series episode. 

I did find a scetch: 
No Caption Provided
The only known thing about it is that takes place between "Unmasked" (Batman Beyond), and "Epilogue"(JLU), in either case Bruce will be there since he was still alive(at about 98 years old?) in Epilogue.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hellos

If Bruce was an old Man I'd seriously have my doubts, even in the scans up there Terry's not even trying to hurt him.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xan84
@Hellos said:
"If Bruce was an old Man I'd seriously have my doubts, even in the scans up there Terry's not even trying to hurt him. "

Old man bruce could shut down that suit and beat him up with his cane :P
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hellos
@Xan said:
"Old man bruce could shut down that suit and beat him up with his cane :P "

Thats a more convincing argument. :P
Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Maikel
@Xan said:
" @Hellos said:
"If Bruce was an old Man I'd seriously have my doubts, even in the scans up there Terry's not even trying to hurt him. "
Old man bruce could shut down that suit and beat him up with his cane :P "

No Caption Provided
....And Terry knew about the killswitch...
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xan84
@Maikel said:
" @Xan said:
" @Hellos said:
Old man bruce could shut down that suit and beat him up with his cane :P "

....And Terry knew about the killswitch... "

That is if terry has prep :P Also if terry has prep i am sure old man bruce can make another (if he has prep to, its only fair). 

Also after that i am sure Bruce has a backup made for that.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MKF30
@Maikel said:
" @MKF30: Well, the exo-suit kicked Inques ass harder then Terry ever did! And Bruce climbed the entire building the oldfashioned way... Not that good for the heart either, and one of the reasons he was wearing a rebreather. 

Adam West never got another acting Job after Batman, and still is in his voice Acting always referred to as "Batman Adam West". I have the Entire DCAU on file(and on disc where they are available), and the original batman TAS from 1992 made an episode where they brought him back and he acted, basically as himself "Beware the grey Ghost", Adam West does the Grey Ghost voice, in "Epilogue", you see Terry as a small child walking out of the theater where they are showing a sequal to the movie discussed in the TAS series episode. 

I did find a scetch: 

The only known thing about it is that takes place between "Unmasked" (Batman Beyond), and "Epilogue"(JLU), in either case Bruce will be there since he was still alive(at about 98 years old?) in Epilogue. "

The Grey ghost voice? I'll have to watch that now tonight lol, I know the assassin hired by Amanda Waller was a woman who didn't speak with the hook on her hand(that's what I thought you meant initially lol) that's neat. 

Yeah, that's true about climbing a wall is strain for even younger, healthier person...an older man I can only imagine but then Bruce is at the top of his human peak...yeah I figured that was an oxygen mask or a water mask something lol to help bruce out in that fight. 

That was cool seeing super old bruce when his kidney's failed, Terry was a perfect match for him...he was old, but still grumpy as ever lol 

Yeah, Ink was an issue for Terry at first but then got a grip with dealing with her later on with water, electricity etc. Bruce did kick her but in that suit, then terry tossing the batarang breaking the window soaked her lol 
Nice pic.
Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Maikel
@MKF30: The assasin hired by Amanda waller is Andrea Beamont (The phantasm in the "Batman:Mask of the Phantasm" DCAU movie, a love interest of bruce made after the second TAS season)
Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Maikel
@Xan: Bruce would call Nightwing, or if He's really pissed off Superman and the future JLU.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MKF30
@Maikel said:
" @MKF30: The assasin hired by Amanda waller is Andrea Beamont (The phantasm in the "Batman:Mask of the Phantasm" DCAU movie, a love interest of bruce made after the second TAS season) "

I thought that was the same character(I never saw Phantasm movie)  but when I saw that part I was like, wasn't this character used before in Batman?
Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Maikel
@MKF30: Yes, and only in that movie, she disappears in the end and was never seen again until a flashback in Epilogue(both Bruce and herself being in their late fifties. The Batman TAS movies(Mask of the Phantasm, Mr Freeze:Sub Zero, Batwoman) were not really that good.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MKF30

Yep, that's her lol. I was going to check out that movie(those are two Batman movies I haven't seen yet) they're not that good?
Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Maikel

No, the story I find boring, but ofcourse that is personal. Both TAS and BB(any episode) were better then all the movies if you ask me. 

I also found out that DCAU is "earth-12". 

Did you find the "grey ghost" episode?

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MKF30

I think personally IMO the original animated movies were better then the older Batman/Superman animated films IMO also.

DCAU?

Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Maikel
@MKF30: DCAU=DC animated universe, includes Batman:TAS, Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, ZETA, Justice league and Justice League Unlimited. DCAU is officially Earth-12 according to DC. (1992-2006)

Creators are Bruce Timm and Paul Dini(Funny thing: Paul Dini was a writer for He-man's/MOTU original series.)
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MKF30

Ahh lol I got ya, Earth 12 huh? Interesting.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Bruce

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tasir

wayne he has far better feats plus he taught terry everything he knows but he still has tricks up his batsleeve

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By russellmania77

the teacher over the student

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruce easily

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough call, Terry is younger, stronger, faster, and fights with a completely different style then Batman does. This is why he was able to break the Joker when Bruce never could (Watch the batman beyond movie return of the joker)

Also in those scans Terry does not want to hurt Bruce. Also watch the scene from Justice League where Terry dies in that alternate Timeline episode it cuts to bruce and its a good scene.

I give it to Terry as Bruce has trained Terry and on top of that Terry was already pretty good without any training. He also knows how to get in peoples heads. And lets face it.. Old Bruce freaked out even Young Bruce in that alternate timeline episodes so much that Old Bruce chastises Younger Batman about how 'Green' he is and interrogates a Jokerz who doesn't say a thing to Batman, but Bruce has him spilling everything in seconds.

As far as the Future JL Terry has saved their necks and gone toe to toe with Superman in that suit of his, its designed to take on powerhouses like Superman so the JL Beyond would side with Terry.

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATMAN WINS

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MethoKi

Bruce stomps.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#44 god_spawn  Moderator

Terry would need future Bruce with prep to beat DC comic Bruce. Onh his own and with prep, I doubt he wins. Terry couldn't even beat a failed clone of an old Dick Grayson by himself. Bruce's skill is far above anything Terry has displayed or anyone he has beaten and future Terry hardly relies on his vast armament and instead namely goes h2h with focus on a few specific gadgets for the most part.

GhostofOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

The advancements in Terry's suit definitely gives a significant advantage. But Terry is young and Bruce is the strategist supreme. That would be the difference. Unless we are talking older Terry. That would be a good one for sure.

slayerking_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By slayerking_777

There's no way Terry wins. Everything he can do Bruce can do better, except lifting heavy stuff. Bruce may not have a suit like Terry's but given a month of prep he could either make a similar suit or design an easy way to shut down Terry's suit like an EMP gun. Although Terry does have future Bruce as a resource he won't be able to construct strategies as complicated and difficult to execute as past Bruce can since Terry isn't as capable as Bruce. Not to mention that past Bruce would be significantly better at thinking on his feet. Lets not forget that Bruce Wayne has beaten Superman, a feat that very few characters in the DC universe can boast. If he can even challenge Superman, Terry is going to be a piece of cake. Bruce has better training, more experience, better feats, and far superior strategic capabilities. Terry has many advantages like strength, speed, near-invisibility, rockets, etc. However, it's a simple matter of shutting down or impairing the suit and suddenly Terry is completely harmless. If old Bruce goes and helps Terry hands-on, then things might get a bit more interesting. I still would think past Bruce is more likely to win.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MethoKi

This is pretty much Bruce vs Bruce via Terry

Moondas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maikel said:

@MKF30: DCAU=DC animated universe, includes Batman:TAS, Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, ZETA, Justice league and Justice League Unlimited. DCAU is officially Earth-12 according to DC. (1992-2006)

Creators are Bruce Timm and Paul Dini(Funny thing: Paul Dini was a writer for He-man's/MOTU original series.)

i know you comment is 4 years old but i had to say :D i knew what DCAU stood for but does TAS stand for The Animated Series PM me or summin and please tell me what i should know about abreviations

Avatar image for apparatus_unearth
Apparatus_Unearth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like Terry better just as a character and as Batman, but I think it's a no-brainer that Bruce wins, young or old.