• 93 results
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RBT

Bruce with GL ring- 1 week practice vs Superman and Wonder Woman on unbreakable planet. No BFR. Win by death of opponent. No one will hesitate to kill. Who wins?

inchiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By inchiso

Needs more info like BFR allowed, location cuz bats can just make kryptonite using the gl ring and i have seen batman in cartoon use Hal's gl ring to beat sinestro(dont need practise with gl ring lol).

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Batman isn't beating Superman. WW maybe..maybe..but not Superman. It's debatable whether Hal himself could beat Clark so why would Batman be able to attain the skill of the best GL there ever was in one week of training by himself?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OverLordArhas

Batman isn't beating Superman. WW maybe..maybe..but not Superman. It's debatable whether Hal himself could beat Clark so why would Batman be able to attain the skill of the best GL there ever was in one week of training by himself?

How about Galactus Herald BATS?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juiceboks  Moderator
OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OverLordArhas
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 juiceboks  Moderator

@overlordarhas

You mean all of Norrin's powers? Maybe but he would have to have time to get used to them all.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas

You mean all of Norrin's powers? Maybe but he would have to have time to get used to them all.

Yes, OP said he has 1 week PREP.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman solos.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea. He probably beats Superman, but Wonder Woman has a lot more under her belt.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman loses.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins, because he's Batman.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman and Wonder Woman.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sherlock

Concentrated power of will of course

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Equonox

Team via Supes speed blitz. Otherwise, Batman takes them.

@juiceboks: Batman is WAY smarter and more creative than Hal...while Hal's got a ton of willpower (tho Batman likely has just as much), the ways in which Batman could use the ring are probably far more numerous and diverse due to his intellect. He also knows his opponents' weaknesses in far more detail than Hal and could exploit them much more effectively. Honestly, Batman could easily be the greatest GL if he had a ring...but he'd be OP, just as the demotivational poster says, which is likely why no one has ever dared venture there except for an alternate timeline comic.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juiceboks  Moderator

@sherlock@equinox

I'm not doubting potential, I'm doubting skill. I don't think a week is enough solo training for Batman to get to Hal's level of skill. Given enough time I believe he could be the greatest GL ever. But he would need a lot of practice. And help from other more experienced lanterns. Great power in that since doesn't come easy even for Batman.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman solos

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock@equinox

I'm not doubting potential, I'm doubting skill. I don't think a week is enough solo training for Batman to get to Hal's level of skill. Given enough time I believe he could be the greatest GL ever. But he would need a lot of practice. And help from other more experienced lanterns. Great power in that since doesn't come easy even for Batman.

Why solo? He can ask for help. If he's going to take on Superman and Wonder Woman, he very well will. Maybe from Hal himself, knowing that he shares a good relationship with him. And we're talking about Bruce Wayne here. He is THE quickest learner human in DC universe. He learned all those fighting styles and other things in half lifetime which will take any other man at least 2 lifetimes. Hal was also just a man when he got ring. Even though Batman won't have ALL the power of ring, he'll have enough. More than he needs anyway.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juiceboks  Moderator

@rbt It doesn't say he gets help from other sources. But if that's the case then Bruce still wont get to Hal Jordans level in a week when it took Hal years to get to where he was. Bruce is a quick learner but he's not a prodigy at everything nor is he the fastest learner. Karate Kid learned every single fighting style while still being an adolescent. Lady Shiva is a more skilled fighter than Batman as well. It would be different if we were talking about say Lex Luthor, someone with the determination and intellect to use one of the most powerful weapons in the universe to the utmost of its capabilities(orange lantern ring perfect example). But I do think youre putting a little too much faith in Batman. If he's not as powerful as Hal then he stands no chance against a Superman who is out to kill. Clark would probably beat Hal in this scenario as well so Bruce wont last a second against a speed blitz assault among many other things.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically, Bats could take out Supes.

Wonder Woman though...I dunno.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25 TifaLockhart  Online

Lanterns get as much respect as Hulk around here. Not saying who wins, but...

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Captain_Clown

Does Bruce even need the ring? I thought he could make constructs through sheer willpower and make people explode with his mind. Batman solos the Battles forum with 2 femtoseconds of prep.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: perhaps because they wield a weapon with unlimited potential? Hal Jordan has some amazing combat feats, as do the other earth lanterns...I think the respect is deserved

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we have another explain of people just saying Superman because they are almost pre-programmed to say Superman even against someone else they are pre-programmed to say auto wins.

In DC there is no Presence there is only Superman, who is literally a walking talking Dues ex Machina, the biggest in Earths history past, present, and future.

Wonder Woman is.. the Worst treated character in DC. She has all the potential to be a good character instead she is Superman bimbo (Would say something else but dont want to get flagged) she only grows stronger when he does and never really above him unless plot demands it for the moment.

They need to severe all ties between Wonder Woman and Superman and let them stand on their own. If Superman sundipped WW would somehow gain power too.. she always has.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we have another explain of people just saying Superman because they are almost pre-programmed to say Superman even against someone else they are pre-programmed to say auto wins.

In DC there is no Presence there is only Superman, who is literally a walking talking Dues ex Machina, the biggest in Earths history past, present, and future.

Wonder Woman is.. the Worst treated character in DC. She has all the potential to be a good character instead she is Superman bimbo (Would say something else but dont want to get flagged) she only grows stronger when he does and never really above him unless plot demands it for the moment.

They need to severe all ties between Wonder Woman and Superman and let them stand on their own. If Superman sundipped WW would somehow gain power too.. she always has.

I was waiting for someone to come in and complain. Thank you for filling the void.

Anyways team wins. I know many would love to believe that Batman with a GL ring would stomp anyone, but even far more experienced wielders would have trouble with this pair. Even assuming that he created Kryptonite to cripple Superman he'd have to do so fast enough to incapacitate him and to then redirect his attention towards Wonder Woman. So even if Superman dies Wonder Woman lives.

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Captain_Clown

You really can't complain about Superman being overrated and wanked by fanboys in a thread which also features Batman. He gets a power ring for a week and he's supposed to have a shot against two people who would both individually be a match for a GL? Mismatch imo

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really can't complain about Superman being overrated and wanked by fanboys in a thread which also features Batman. He gets a power ring for a week and he's supposed to have a shot against two people who would both individually be a match for a GL? Mismatch imo

Thank you.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@juiceboks said:

@sherlock@equinox

Why solo? He can ask for help. If he's going to take on Superman and Wonder Woman, he very well will. Maybe from Hal himself, knowing that he shares a good relationship with him. And we're talking about Bruce Wayne here. He is THE quickest learner human in DC universe. He learned all those fighting styles and other things in half lifetime which will take any other man at least 2 lifetimes. Hal was also just a man when he got ring. Even though Batman won't have ALL the power of ring, he'll have enough. More than he needs anyway.

They practically hate each other, Hal won't help him take down Supes and Wonder Woman

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team ftw

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes or WW could solo,,I've seen 2 people say supes would lose but WW will win?,,I wonder what they're smoking?

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman has a week of prep, so he goes into the battle wearing a GL ring and a Kryptonite ring. kills superman and then fights WW and loses to her.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Batman has prep, Superman solos.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger: he does have prep. OP says he has 1 week practice with the ring

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stronger
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheIrishDoctor

Only way Batman actually has a pretty strong advantage over Superman. He doesn't need to use Kryptonite. He's no AS strong or AS fast or AS durable as Supes, but he's close enough to compete and he would close the gap the same way Wonder Woman closes the gap when she fights Superman, through sheer h2h skill. Plus, he needs little actual training with the ring. As stated, the ring is essentially your willpower and imagination given form and potency. He would need very little training to master it. So he would be able to no not only suddenly be able to compete with Supes, but he would be able to create any weapon he can think up, any construct, anything at all. He would beat Superman in this form 7/10. He'd beat Wonder Woman more often because she loses her main advantage over Clark, that being superior combat skills. Bruce and Diana are at least equals in h2h and I would place Bruce higher myself.

However, if he has to fight both at once? Then he HAS to rely on his prep again. Even GL Bruce would beoverwhelmed fighting the both at once unless he had a really good plan. Could he? I think so, with a week of prep. But I would call this one a close matchup.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Batman create Kryptonite radiation from the ring?

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He literally spends the entire week crying over his parents, and making constructs of them.

It's okay though. He will join them soon.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both of them can easily bust through Hal's constructs. There's no way in a week Batman would be as good of a lantern as Hal so either could probably win majority on their own together they take this pretty easily.

Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has a week prep though. so he'll show up to the fight with yellow sun radiation or kryptonite radiation before the fight starts. Superman is out of the picture and now hes going to face WW who will be too fast for him and he'll lose to her. unless he tries with all he's got, makes a reaaaaallly tough shield and then nuke her

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoichi:But this is Batman we are talking about. It's not as if the ring is his only choice of weapon. He has his gadgets plus a ring to boost his power. Also, Batman is more smarter and wiser in choice of weapon, so he may come up with clever things. Against Superman, he can simply create Kryptonite radiation against him.

chaoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By chaoichi

@shadovvlite: He'd be lucky if any of his main gadgets even phased either of them. Also while he could be able to create Kryptonite he's not just going to master use of the ring in one week imo he'd be lucky if he could stop from creating constructs of parents by the time the fight comes around.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By TifaLockhart  Online

@Equonox I agree completely. Hulk nor lanterns get proper respect around here IMO.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@stronger said:

@inconvenient_truth said:

@stronger: he does have prep. OP says he has 1 week practice with the ring

Well Batman wins.....

Based on what...Feats? Well come on then, where are they? Cus I got feats for Superman and Wonder Woman, where's GL Batman's feats...he wins right?

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers