• 100 results
stafikking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stafikking

Both have equal experience and knowledge of the ring in this fight. Fight takes place in the Sol system. 
So it basically comes down to willpower. Who has stronger will? Batman or Hal?

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Full_Spectrum

Hal has been said to have the strongest willpower in the universe. he wins.

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By darth_brendroid

Who's writing the battle? Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Hal Jordan still wins.

stafikking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stafikking
@Full_Spectrum said:
" Hal has been said to have the strongest willpower in the universe. he wins. "
Said by who?
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bag_o_x_men

I thought Guy's will was superior to Hal"s, but Hal is  the total package...honest,disciplined,creative,skilled, and ridiculous willpower.
Anyway, Hal stomps bats here.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

Bats wins giving him a lantern ring is just adding insult to injury. And btw hasn't this battle already been done before?  

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@stafikking:  not sure, it was brought up in another battle.
virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By virgin4life

batman would beat green lantern without a ring.................

jcj145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jcj145

I think Batman takes this fight without the ring but toss it into the equation then no question, Hal may have the best will power of the Green Lanterns and he may not but just think of the will power Bats has shown not to take a life of anyone even the Joker whos pushed Bats to the limit on more than one occasion yet he always ends up making the choice not to kill. So I say Bats wins in the will power category and in the fight

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slimj87d

Hal Jordan. Fighting with the ring is more different than fighting H2H. 

It's like giving Batman Psychic powers, he's not going to beat Xavier. 

stafikking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stafikking
@SlimJ87D said:
" Hal Jordan. Fighting with the ring is more different than fighting H2H.  It's like giving Batman Psychic powers, he's not going to beat Xavier.  "
Hal and Bats have equal experience and knowledge of the ring in this fight.
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@jcj145: if bats had more willpower than hal, the ring would have chosen him over hal. hals will is mightier. hal wins
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hellos

Spite.  
Hal stomps. 

Just having equal knowledge and experience suddently doesn't make Batman able to beat down a High Tier Lantern.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By odinforce
batman with green lantern ring is OP 

equal knowledge and experience of the ring with bat's willpower?
nuff said
Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@Hellos: bingo! we have a winner!
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By departed402

I would give it to Hal, a real Green Lantern. We've seen other people (Green Arrow comes to mind, though there are many others) that have borrowed a Green Lantern, but for one reason or another "they don't have right kind of willpower." In Green Arrow's case he didn't have the "pure willpower" needed to wield it. I submit this reasoning for why Bruce Wayne wasn't chosen as a Green Lantern to begin with. In this battle Bats and Hal may have the same experience and knowledge, but Hal possesses the right kind of willpower to take the edge here. 

Good battle though. That Batman - Green Lantern crossover was one of the most entertaining IMO.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_

Hal easily. 

jcj145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jcj145

I'm still going with Bats, even if Hal has more will power there can't be any doubt that Bruce does have enough to wield a ring effectively not to admit he would prep better and is more intelligent and this type of battle would come down to who makes the first mistake and IMO Hal would be more likely to under estimate or slip up.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

Batman stomps him if we use his darkest night version,he bullied 2 hal jordans simultaneously . 
regular versions is something which honestly can't be debated.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slimj87d
@stafikking said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

" Hal Jordan. Fighting with the ring is more different than fighting H2H.  It's like giving Batman Psychic powers, he's not going to beat Xavier.  "
Hal and Bats have equal experience and knowledge of the ring in this fight. "
Knowledge =/= Experience at ALL. 

Knowledge is like studyinging how engines work 
 Experience is building the engine.  

You are mixing hands on with theoretical.  

Lastly, Batman was never approached or chosen to use a green lantern ring, his ability to use one and his potential as a green lantern is and ability to use the ring %100 efficient will be hindered. 
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By PirateKing69

Hal.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HolySerpent
@entropy_aegis said:
"Batman stomps him if we use he darkest night version,he bullied 2 hal jordans simultaneously . regular versions is something which honestly can't be debated. "
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weaponxxx
@SlimJ87D said:
" @stafikking said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

Hal and Bats have equal experience and knowledge of the ring in this fight. "
Knowledge =/= Experience at ALL.  Knowledge is like studyinging how engines work  Experience is building the engine.   You are mixing hands on with theoretical.   Lastly, Batman was never approached or chosen to use a green lantern ring, his ability to use one and his potential as a green lantern is and ability to use the ring %100 efficient will be hindered.  "

That's why he made sure to distinguish between knowledge and experience. He is saying that they have both equal knowledge on how the ring works and equal experience using it. If Batman was granted Hal Jordan's experience with the Lantern ring on top of his own natural willpower and cunning Batman wins. It would be a good fight though.
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deathlife

H2H skill means nothing here and i haven't seen anything to suggest that Bat's has greater will power than Hal.

I will go with Hal.
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By departed402

Regular Batman beating any experienced Green Lantern without prep is PIS.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By entropy_aegis
@deathlife said:
"H2H skill means nothing here and i haven't seen anything to suggest that Bat's has greater will power than Hal.  I will go with Hal. "

Umm he was'nt possesed by parallax for starters.
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By weaponxxx
@departed402 said:
" Regular Batman beating any experienced Green Lantern without prep is PIS. "
But according to the OP he is an experienced Green Lantern. No PIS needed.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

im surprised no one put this up here yet, 

ld12278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ld12278

I'd have to know the terrain here. Are we in space? Oa? Gotham? Knowledge of the turf really matters here, since Batman has supplies all over Gotham and knows where to hide in the shadows, but Hal would know Oa and all of its nooks and crannies. Part of Batman's effectivveness is striking fear in others, while Hal Jordan has a great ability to overcome great fear. Either way, it's hard to hide in the shadows with Green Lantern around, so win goes to Hal Jordan. The real question is... Hal Jordan verses Sinestro Corp Batman?

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By karrob
@jcj145 said:
" I'm still going with Bats, even if Hal has more will power there can't be any doubt that Bruce does have enough to wield a ring effectively not to admit he would prep better and is more intelligent and this type of battle would come down to who makes the first mistake and IMO Hal would be more likely to under estimate or slip up. "
Well said
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pooty
@karrob:
@weaponxxx:
Hal wins i think. Hal does what needs to be done. Bats might see an opening to kill Hal but won't. Hal will kill Bats if need be. The fact the Bats won't kill doesn't show his willpower. It shows how self-righteous he is. He puts his own views of life above actual peoples lives. Hal almost brought his entire city back to life with willpower. I know when a yellow ring has sought out Bats. Has a green one ever done it?
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By karrob
@pooty: Well when you put it that what didn't John Stewart try to recreate a planet and all its inhabitants?? All in all I get your point. Personally as far as GL's are concerned I feel Hal is just overrated but he is no doubt the most experienced GL on the planet. I resend my earlier vote. Hal can win this.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#34  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Batman cant even work the ring. it doesnt matter how much knowledge he has of it. his personality and TYPE of willpower just arnt compatible with the ring. 

Hal wins
stafikking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By stafikking

We have something along the lines of 8 for batman and 11 for hal.
ld12278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ld12278

I didn't have time to upload this pic, but this would be a more even fight
Sinestro Corps Batman versus Green Lantern Hal Jordan (No Parallax yellow impurity)

No Caption Provided
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pooty
@karrob:  I accept your apology.  (:    It's good to see that some people on this site are willing to see things from another perspective. Appreciate it.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By odinforce
@pooty: if batman doesn't kill him when givin an opening, doesn't that count as willpower in some sense? if the easier route is to kill someone  (like you suggested something hal would do) its harder to restrain yourself from doing so because you believe its wrong, it takes more self-control from going the easy way out than just slipping and doing it. for example, the joker has killed and ruined countless lives. wouldn't it be easier for batman to just end his life to make ppls lives better? in some sense it would, but batman can't take the easy way out and kill him, instead he utilizes self-control and embraces restraint because he believes killing is wrong no matter how easy the route might be. that way he demonstrates will-power

@ld12278: woah sinestro batman? did the sinestro corps turn him evil or anything like that? or is the only evil yellow lantern sinestro? 

@Avenging-X-Bolt:
 when do you need a specific personality and "type of willpower" for that matter? is there even such thing as a "type" of willpower? for me, it makes more sense that willpower is just willpower but some have more than others. 

-and if batman has the same knowledge and experience as hal jordan with the ring, im pretty sure he can work it 

@GrandSymbiote94: lol i wanted to post that up but i couldn't find it 

@SlimJ87D: if your mixing "hands on and theoretical" (experience and knowledge) then you should know how to use it. they are two different ideas but when put together you get an "expert" in some sense. for example: lets say that there was a magical machine that was able to transfer kobe's knowledge and experience of handling the ball. after using it, i would play as well as kobe because with his knowledge i would know how to handle, shoot, and move with the ball and with his experience i would just be a more well-rounded player whos body has the experience of playing basketball millions of times

thats just my opinion 

aside from those comments... 
what are some of hal jordan's feats showing his willpower?
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pooty
@odinforce:  Willpower? I say stubbornness. Putting your morals(which may be flawed) before the lives of dozens of people is not willpower. it's self righteous arrogance. Some people deserve to die. But Batman prefers for other people like policeman and Arkham doctors to make the hard decisions he is too weak to make. And Bats has no problem letting innocent people pay the price for his lack of willpower. Willpower to me is having the ability to know you have a limit and surpass the limit. Batman is willing to do that physically but not mentally.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By odinforce
@pooty: im not saying that you should agree with batman's decisions, but what i want to point out with batman is his power of high self control (just ignore the moral questions with batman, thats a different discussion). 

if someone has a heavy drinking problem, wouldn't it be easier for them to just drink instead of trying to stop drinking? yes, it would take a lot willpower and self control to not drink 

if someone murdered a family member of yours and you got insanely pissed, wouldn't you want to kill that guy? it would be easier to end his life but it would be even harder not to because you knew your murdered family member would have not wanted you to do what the murderer did to him 

thats what im trying to say that with restraint sometimes comes a high amount of willpower 

" Putting your morals(which may be flawed) before the lives of dozens of people is not willpower. it's self righteous arrogance"  
----(now i dont agree what you think about batman there but...) putting your morals before the lives of others isn't will power but the fact that he is able to calm that incredible rage against the joker and supress it and not take a life demonstrates self control and will 

" Willpower to me is having the ability to know you have a limit and surpass the limit." 
----now i agree with you somewhat there and ill try to get back to your statement when i think about it more
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By weaponxxx
@odinforce: well put
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By odinforce
@weaponxxx: thank you 

aside from that, whats your opinion on this battle?
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Noctis
@odinforce:  I like your point of view.
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By weaponxxx
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
" Batman cant even work the ring. it doesnt matter how much knowledge he has of it. his personality and TYPE of willpower just arnt compatible with the ring.  Hal wins "
Sinestro was one of the greatest Green Lanterns of all time and now he's the figurehead of willpower's exact opposite, fear. I don't think Batman's compatibility will be an issue.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By odinforce
@Noctis: thank you, i had some thought about it
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pooty
@odinforce:  I like your point of view also. Your seeing a glass half full and i'm seeing it half empty. But trying to get back on the subject of the thread is this a battle(fight) or a battle of willpower? If it's a fight i give it to Hal because he is willing to kill.  Its a close fight either way but Hal will take any opening he can get even if it means killing Bruce.  Bruce would hold back. Hal would not. If its a battle of willpower then i really shouldn't comment on that because i still view Batman as a scared little kid. But thats a rant for another day
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@weaponxxx: 
yes because he changed as a person.  so unless Batman goes through some major personality changes he still cant work the ring 
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pooty
@Avenging-X-Bolt:@weaponxxx:  What? is Sinestro "good" now? What color ring does he have now?
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@pooty:
lol.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By odinforce
@pooty: i see what your saying, in a fight hal would take the chance to kill 

i certainly dont think batman would kill him but with his high will-power and equal knowledge and experience 
with the ring as hal (also in addition to his already genius intellect), he can k.o. him or put him into submission somehow 

in other words, he can utilize that willpower in this fight with all of that other stuff etc. 

but hey you have your opinion and thats just the way i see it, so yeah