• 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Setting

Gotham Subway Station.

Rules

  • Batman has researched the physical traits of Wolverine and has access to 3 Muramasa Forged Batarangs.
  • Wolverine has no preparation, and is in his usual state (adamantium etc).
  • Batman has no qualms about killing Wolverine.
  • One fight, to the death.
Who wins?
 

#2 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the set-up, probably Batman. Bloodlusted, muramasa batarangs, sonics, plus his usual bag of tricks. Probably be a bad day for Logan. Do note though, that all things 'muramasa' are not an automatic 'I win' against Logan. It retards the healing of the wounds the muramasa inflicts, but does not wipe out the healing factor altogether. So Bruce will have to be extremely strategic with his throws. Considering Wolverine can block bullets, a thrown weapons travels extremely slow in comparison. 5.5/10 in favor of Bruce. But by no means a guaranteed win.

#3 Posted by nickthedevil (13873 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman... sorry, i'm a wolverine fan, but Bats takes this... easily. LOL

#4 Posted by SuperAquaMan (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove the Batarangs and I think Wolverine has this. I just dont see Batman winning without the Batarngs because hoe can Batman knock out Wolvering with inly peak human strength

#5 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5293 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#6 Edited by Edgeworth_11 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight made to make Batman win. Still think Wolverine can take him out. Just one slash can end it.

#7 Posted by Megabeast1 (197 posts) - - Show Bio

The batarangs don't make it an automatic win, but they help a lot! He needs to place them good. Plus he is hunting him, and has two hours prep, I am favouring Batman for this battle!

#8 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

So.... A setup where Batman not only can negate Wolverine's healing factor but fighting ability as well?

Why not just title the thread, Batman beats Wolverine instead of Batman vs Wolverine? Because this is not so much a fight. The setup might as well be, "Wolverine is tied to a chair with adamantium chains. Can Batman beat him?".

#9 Edited by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Agreed.

The way this battle is set up makes me want to vote for Wolverine, but logic will not permit me to do so. I don't think Batman needs all of this just to spark a debate between the two characters. The 2 hrs prep would have drawn in plenty of people to argue on Bruce's behalf.

#10 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

So.... A setup where Batman not only can negate Wolverine's healing factor but fighting ability as well?

Why not just title the thread, Batman beats Wolverine instead of Batman vs Wolverine? Because this is not so much a fight. The setup might as well be, "Wolverine is tied to a chair with adamantium chains. Can Batman beat him?".

Are you sure you're not giving Wolverine the credit he is due? I'm a big fan of Wolverine, and he can move very fast. Do you suggest I remove the 'negate fighting ability' then?
#11 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect:

If 3 nicks of the skin can completely negate Wolverine's healing factor as well as his fighting ability, then he is screwed from top to bottom. Batman can just hold all 3 in one hand a give him one cut. Or throw all three at once and just score the flesh. Both get the same results of him becoming human level healing and a H2H moron.

But then you decided to make this a Batman that is willing to kill so he will just drop Wolverine in one swipe. Wolverine is fast. Superhumanly fast as a matter of a fact. But I can gurantee you that for EVERY speed feat Wolverine has confirming his superhuman stats, Batman has something similar even though he is strictly human. Does that mean those superhuman feats should be used? I think the answer is a resounding hell no but fans will be fans.

#12 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@RainEffect:

If 3 nicks of the skin can completely negate Wolverine's healing factor as well as his fighting ability, then he is screwed from top to bottom. Batman can just hold all 3 in one hand a give him one cut. Or throw all three at once and just score the flesh. Both get the same results of him becoming human level healing and a H2H moron.

But then you decided to make this a Batman that is willing to kill so he will just drop Wolverine in one swipe. Wolverine is fast. Superhumanly fast as a matter of a fact. But I can gurantee you that for EVERY speed feat Wolverine has confirming his superhuman stats, Batman has something similar even though he is strictly human. Does that mean those superhuman feats should be used? I think the answer is a resounding hell no but fans will be fans.

You make a valid point. 
 
So, to make this fairer, have the batarangs only negate the healing factor of the specific wound that they cause? What about the hypersonics? I think that, with 2 hours prep, Batman would come up with something very similar. If I remove the 2 hours prep, then this is a slaughter stomp in Wolverine's favour.
#13 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect:

Remove the muramasa batarangs completely.

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@RainEffect:

Remove the muramasa batarangs completely.

No. Don't remove them, but just don't let them negate his healing factor. Let them have their regular use.

#15 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

@RainEffect:

Remove the muramasa batarangs completely.

No. Don't remove them, but just don't let them negate his healing factor. Let them have their regular use.

I guess I should have been more clear. He should remove the Muramasa from the batarangs.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

@RainEffect:

Remove the muramasa batarangs completely.

No. Don't remove them, but just don't let them negate his healing factor. Let them have their regular use.

I guess I should have been more clear. He should remove the Muramasa from the batarangs.

I guess I should be even clearer. He shouldn't remove the Muramasa from the three batarangs, but he should instead give them their normal properties instead of the ficticious ones which he made up, in which the batarangs can remove Wolverine's healing factor.

#17 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

Eh. Considering his more enhanced stats, I'm not convinced it'd be that easy.

#19 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

The stipulations on this thread makes this an unfair fight. So I'm gonna say Wolverine.

#20 Edited by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

Eh. Considering his more enhanced stats, I'm not convinced it'd be that easy.

How would it go any other way? Batman has no problem killing him and knows how to do it. With 2 hours prep, I would assume he would know who he is fighting otherwise it is just 2 hours to think about his shopping list for groceries. So he knows about the stats, he knows Wolverine likes to get beat up first. He knows that the hypersonics will put Wolverine on the ground at least for a moment. He know that the batarangs will kill Wolverine. He knows that unless he kills Wolverine, Wolverine will kill him.

Considering all that, how else would the fight go as it stands right now?

#21 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1057 posts) - - Show Bio
A one-sided curbstomp, someone didn't think this through as thoroughly as they could have. Wolverine has no way of beating Batman with as many restrictions on Wolverine and advantages given to Batman. The OP should delete Batman's prep-time, and perhaps the Muramasa Batarangs from decreasing Wolverine's fighting ability. This battle seems really unfair.
#22 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Point taken. I was imagining a scenario where Batman wasn't willing to kill.

#23 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Erik: Point taken. I was imagining a scenario where Batman wasn't willing to kill.

Lol.

#24 Edited by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

@Erik: Point taken. I was imagining a scenario where Batman wasn't willing to kill.

Lol.

I'll take that as a you're forgiven.

#25 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

@Erik: Point taken. I was imagining a scenario where Batman wasn't willing to kill.

Lol.

I'll take that as a you're forgiven.

Yes. I miss small details in OPs all the time that actually are big game changers.

#26 Posted by kratonians090 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine, he's a trained swordsman he could deflect those batarangs and lets not forget wolverine has superhuman senses, strength, agility, stamina and reflexes

#27 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: @ReVamp: @The_Mayhem_Theory: Updated. I apologise for not properly thinking it through.
#28 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Batman still wins.

#29 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect:

You removed his prep. Does Batman know WHY he has Muramasa forged batarangs?

#30 Edited by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

Manifest Destiny Wolverine with knowledge of Batman having the muramasa batarangs.
 
Go.
Moderator
#31 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik said:

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

Manifest Destiny Wolverine with knowledge of Batman having the muramasa batarangs.

Go.

Expand. I haven't read Manifest Destiny.

#32 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik said:

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

Manifest Destiny Wolverine with knowledge of Batman having the muramasa batarangs.

Go.

Expand. I haven't read Manifest Destiny.

Wolverine honing his martial arts skills at premium capacity without relying on his physical abilities.
Moderator
#33 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik said:

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

Manifest Destiny Wolverine with knowledge of Batman having the muramasa batarangs.

Go.

Wolverine wipes his @$$ with Batman's removed face.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik said:

@ReVamp:

I do not think that is a fair battle then. Wolverine has no way of knowing that they are forged of his sword (and by the way, the only reason his sword negates healing factors is because it was made from him. That does not mean any Muramasa blade can do it). And Wolverine is portrayed like a f#$king moron now because writers are lazy as hell. Batman will just throw them at any one of a human's vulnerable spots like the adductors, the neck, the chest, the axilla, etc etc etc. All of which will kill Wolverine in seconds.

Manifest Destiny Wolverine with knowledge of Batman having the muramasa batarangs.

Go.

Expand. I haven't read Manifest Destiny.

Wolverine honing his martial arts skills at premium capacity without relying on his physical abilities.

I have one more TPB to read.

#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: I actually think it'd be an awesome fight, presuming Batman also knows he's up against a master.
 
@ReVamp: It's worth it.
Moderator
#36 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

I am thinking those batarangs get easily deflected and Batman is on his own against said master.

#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: I think Bats would be smart enough not to throw them if he's aware of Logan's HF and his skill. Only use them at close distance to pierce his skin.
Moderator
#38 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik: I think Bats would be smart enough not to throw them if he's aware of Logan's HF and his skill. Only use them at close distance to pierce his skin.

Okay that might be true. But if they are the batarangs forged from Wolverine's blade then only the wounds created by the cuts heal at a normal pace. They will not cause the healing factor to fail outright like the OP originally intended. That said, Batman would have to make some strategic cuts, which is normally possible for him but he is going to be trying to cut a man that is by all rights, better than him physically in every way and also has that nifty little Karnak ability to "see" weaknesses. So that means a glaring spinal injury that healed but is still very vulnerable.

#39 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: Having researched Karnak, I can verify his ability is overrated, lol. But yeah, I don't disagree that MD Wolverine would likely be too much for Bats. He'd be too much for most street level characters.
Moderator
#40 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik: Having researched Karnak, I can verify his ability is overrated, lol. But yeah, I don't disagree that MD Wolverine would likely be too much for Bats. He'd be too much for most street level characters.

Even..... Daken?

:O

#41 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: If Daken's slacking as per usual, sure.
Moderator
#42 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

I am pretty sure you have told me Karnak's ability is overrated before. I just use that to illustrate the ability Wolverine has in MD. Similar abilities.

#43 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik: If Daken's slacking as per usual, sure.

Hmmm... Daken is more like his father than ever now lol.

Daken to his fullest vs MD Wolverine! :O

#44 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@Morpheus_:

I am pretty sure you have told me Karnak's ability is overrated before. I just use that to illustrate the ability Wolverine has in MD. Similar abilities.

I know, just kidding.
 
@Erik said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik: If Daken's slacking as per usual, sure.

Hmmm... Daken is more like his father than ever now lol.

Daken to his fullest vs MD Wolverine! :O


Logan is more skilled but Daken shouldn't be that far behind, and on top of him using the vanishing trick, pheromones (and muramasa claws, I guess?) at once, I'd probably give him a nod. A bit too much for Logan. If it's skill vs skill I'd take Wolverine.
Moderator
#45 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

Eep! I meant without those nasty Muramasa claws. Those belong to Wolverine anyway.

#46 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1057 posts) - - Show Bio
Now that the match-up is appropriated, I feel that Wolverine has his hands full, especially against Batman's formidable martial arts skills, which are just as notorious as Wolverine's. Where be it that Muramasa Batarangs can provide some unwanted harm, they can also be balanced by Wolverine's Adamantium claws. I guess the battle comes down to how much action Batman creates and how well Wolverine can endure, while protecting himself at the same time.
#47 Posted by Billdevil (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has to keep the wounds that are inflicted upon him, but that’s not the whole ballgame. He can still recover from every kick and punch and though they are about equal in fighting still, Wolverine has more stamina. After a long fight Wolverine takes it.

#48 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@RainEffect:

You removed his prep. Does Batman know WHY he has Muramasa forged batarangs?

Don't be silly. Of course he would.
 
Look, you were the one who told me to remove the prep. One has to hypothesize that giving Batman prep, especially when the fight is in Gotham, will landslide the victory. If Batman knows Wolverine has heightened senses, he would use hypersonics like he did against Superman. I can't just say 'Batman has prep'; it isn't like giving prep to other characters. When you give Batman preparation, he forms effective contingency plans - it is what he is famous for.
#49 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@Erik said:

@RainEffect:

You removed his prep. Does Batman know WHY he has Muramasa forged batarangs?

Don't be silly. Of course he would.

Look, you were the one who told me to remove the prep. One has to hypothesize that giving Batman prep, especially when the fight is in Gotham, will landslide the victory. If Batman knows Wolverine has heightened senses, he would use hypersonics like he did against Superman. I can't just say 'Batman has prep'; it isn't like giving prep to other characters. When you give Batman preparation, he forms effective contingency plans - it is what he is famous for.

Wrong. I never once said to remove the prep. I said to remove the Muramasa blades. Great job paying attention. And giving someone special gear does not mean they will know why they have it.

To prove my point... Let us assume I will give you a key. Now tell me what it is for.

You can give someone special gear but unless it is stated they know what it is for, I have no reason to assume they would know why they may have certain special equipment outside what may be obvious to them. With Batman for example, batarangs.

#50 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@RainEffect said:

@Erik said:

@RainEffect:

You removed his prep. Does Batman know WHY he has Muramasa forged batarangs?

Don't be silly. Of course he would.

Look, you were the one who told me to remove the prep. One has to hypothesize that giving Batman prep, especially when the fight is in Gotham, will landslide the victory. If Batman knows Wolverine has heightened senses, he would use hypersonics like he did against Superman. I can't just say 'Batman has prep'; it isn't like giving prep to other characters. When you give Batman preparation, he forms effective contingency plans - it is what he is famous for.

Wrong. I never once said to remove the prep. I said to remove the Muramasa blades. Great job paying attention. And giving someone special gear does not mean they will know why they have it.

To prove my point... Let us assume I will give you a key. Now tell me what it is for.

You can give someone special gear but unless it is stated they know what it is for, I have no reason to assume they would know why they may have certain special equipment outside what may be obvious to them. With Batman for example, batarangs.

Again, I pose the question - what do you suggest? I'm not getting rid of the Muramasa Batarangs. If I get rid of them, this merely becomes a Batman vs Wolverine, which has been done a number of times and, most likely, will easily land in Logan's favour.