icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By icysloth

@InnerVenom123 said:

First of all, Venom would never call for Carnage's help. Ever.

Second of all, giving Batman prep means Venom loses.

I can't believe this thread has actually been going on this long.

Batman regularly caries hypersonic devices anyway! He used them on Killer Croc in HUSH.

This, I love how no one has taken into account venom hates carnage

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@PortlandsBatman said:

Batman uses sonics and it's done.

@InnerVenom123 said:

Batman regularly caries hypersonic devices anyway! He used them on Killer Croc in HUSH.

@Alexander505 said:

He has prep.

Yeah I totally forgot about the sonic devices.

RandomThang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By RandomThang

@Moon_Bat_87: Well, let's see if in one day he can use Brother Eye to gain extensive information on Carnage, but he did fought Carnage in the past so he should have sufficient experience, Carnage is weak to sound and heat. The word brought up the idea in my head, in Batman Year One, he says that it took months to get the right sonic frequency to attract bats, it's in his boots, I wonder if the frequency is low enough (or actually high enough) to affect Carnage, if he gets information this should be pretty easy. He don't need a sonic "gun", he can just activate the sonic frequency in his boots (after adjustment, if it needs), or make a glove etc

He attract bats for escape btw, it covers everything and flew everywhere.

Heat = Bombs

With one day prep, he'll make flamethrowers under his gloves and his entire suit emitting high levels of thermal radiation etc

If Batman have enough information on Carnage, Carnage's weakness is extremely easy to exploit.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Alexander505

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@PortlandsBatman said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Alexander505 said:

He has prep.

Strange, also because it is a type of device is widely used by Batman from other allies.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Alexander505

@venomsapprentice said:

@Alexander505 said:

He has prep.

Venom has afterimage speed and camoflage.

Cool, but Batman can detect Venom through its termic filters, sonar or ultraviolet

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@Alexander505 said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@PortlandsBatman said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Alexander505 said:

He has prep.

Strange, also because it is a type of device is widely used by Batman from other allies.

It simply slipped my mind I guess. Its probably because I didnt remember Venom's main weakness when I replied to this thread, and therefore I didnt think of the sonic device in his utility belt, a total slip of the mind. Idiot me.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Alexander505

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@PortlandsBatman said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Alexander505 said:

He has prep.

It simply slipped my mind I guess. Its probably because I didnt remember Venom's main weakness when I replied to this thread, and therefore I didnt think of the sonic device in his utility belt, a total slip of the mind. Idiot me.

Ultrasound has always been a weakness of the symbionts. Batman should also bring along some powerful explosives to knock him out or maybe a neurotoxin.

Avatar image for portlandsbatman
PortlandsBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By PortlandsBatman

@Moon_Bat_87: Hey, sorry to say what has been said, there are a lot of posts and I didn't read them all. Have a good one.

RandomThang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By RandomThang

Come to think about it, Batman cumberstomps with one day Prep, because Carnage's weakness is to easily exploited, even in an encounter, Batman usually have sonic devices with him, one for example is in his boots (not sure if it can affect Carnage, as in Year One, Batman tuned it so accurately, specifically targeted at bats, thousands of Bats flew to Batman's location and helped him escaped), sonic devices that affects Killer Croc might be with him, however, he might not be carrying them... And the frequency is against Killer Croc, an animal, an alien might be another thing.

His bombs will hurt Carnage due to heat, but it's only a while... : /

With prep Batman cumberstomps, in a random encounter, he'll probably slow Carnage enough to escape.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Alexander505
With prep Batman cumberstomps, in a random encounter, he'll probably slow Carnage enough to escape.

I agree.

Saint_Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Saint_Michael

IMO, people are really giving too much credit to Batman's prep here. Did you look at the scans earlier in this post? In brief they show the following:

Venom being attacked by a better sonic weapon (Reed with as much prep as he wants comes up with a better sonic gun than Batman with a day), being wielded by a faster, quicker, stronger opponent (Spiderman vs Batman is obvious) being supported by better "Fire"power (Johnny Storm vs any flame devices Batman can come up with in one day) and still nearly killing both Spiderman and Torch.

The idea that Batman, by himself, with one day of prep is better than Spidey with Johnny's help and REED RICHARD'S unlimited prep is far fetched to say the least. Any one of the hits that Venom dealt to Spiderman or Human Torch during the fight would have taken Batman's head off. Any scenario with Batman winning in one day involves serious PIS.

BTW, any random encounter with Batman and Venom requires one of Bruce's Justice League friends passing by to even give him a chance of surviving. He isn't getting away from anything.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162  Edited By jonEsherfey

Batman in one day of prep Batman could supply himself with enough sonic batarangs to defeat Venom.

Saint_Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Saint_Michael

One-day-prep sonic batarangs would be much less effective than the sonic guns used on him in the previous scans shown. Venom would pick his teeth with them.

cmyers1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By cmyers1980

If venom has been defeated by daredevil and punisher i think batman could defeat him.Also he has defeated more powerful people then venom

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By jeanroygrant

Venom.

tmccoy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By tmccoy20

Totally Batman, he doesn't even need Nightwing. I doubt it would even last very long.

RandomThang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By RandomThang

@Saint_Michael: Batman using a sonic gun? It doesn't take a genius to know that a gun is only directed at a particular direction and if it is knocked out of his hand than he's done. Batman already have a boot with precise frequency where he targets bats to come and help him escape by blocking everyone's view, he said clearly that it took weeks to find the correct frequency, he just have to be very experienced at tuning the correct one to affect Carnage's biological anatomy. He could make his suit to emit sonic, his gloves, he doesn't need a gun.

Have you seen a burning Batman before? I have, he literally walked through flames and threatened a Russian mob leader (the flame was the cause of cars exploding, there was a mob fight, it occurred inside Arkham City), his suit is fire proof. Okay okay, standing in fire, standing, not walking, standing in the flame without burning.

He could just set his entire suit on fire when fighting Carnage, his gloves emitting sonic, you haven't' seen his feats obviously, his technological feats and engineering.

He's very good at learning from experience, so when his utility belt used to catch fire, it doesn't now.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cmyers1980 said:

If venom has been defeated by daredevil and punisher i think batman could defeat him.Also he has defeated more powerful people then venom

Venom has never been defeated by either.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#169  Edited By Dracade102

What kind of information could Batman accumulate about Venom and Carnage? If he doesn't even know Carnage is going to be in the fight as back up he and Nightwing would probably die. If Venom's only out for blood with no morals I'd doubt Batman could beat him, even if he could get any weapons that'd effect him. Batman's skills are too disciplined and would probably decrease in quality if he didn't have his moral backbone for his focus... I'd give this to Venom I think.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@darktiger said:

@Duke_Nasty: my bad same thing applies no 1988's version

Brock isn't Venom in the 2000's. Also classic feats should be counted if they apply to the current strories and cannon. For example everything done by Batman during No Mans Land, should be counted if it actually did happen according to the 52.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By JonSmith

I've got to give it to Batman. During preptime, it's quite likely he'll deduce that the Venom symbiote is an alien species which evolved in outer space. Thus, it's a simple deduction that such a creature wouldn't have any defenses for sonics or fire, which can only exist in atmosphere. So yes, he could figure out Venom's weakness, then trap Gotham accordingly. Venom's good, but he's not a billionaire prep genius. Therefore, Batman wins.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#172  Edited By InnerVenom123

@JonSmith said:

I've got to give it to Batman. During preptime, it's quite likely he'll deduce that the Venom symbiote is an alien species which evolved in outer space. Thus, it's a simple deduction that such a creature wouldn't have any defenses for sonics or fire, which can only exist in atmosphere. So yes, he could figure out Venom's weakness.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#173  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@cmyers1980 said:

Venom was trapped by Punisher in Venom: Funeral Pyre (albeit briefly). That's probably what cmyers was thinking about.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@cmyers1980 said:

Venom was trapped by Punisher in Venom: Funeral Pyre (albeit briefly). That's probably what cmyers was thinking about.

Yeah, but Punisher had prep IIRC. And before that Venom one-shotted him.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#175  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@venomoushatred1001: I wasn't justifying it, I was letting you know that's what they probably had in mind when they said "Punisher has beaten Venom."

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith said:

I've got to give it to Batman. During preptime, it's quite likely he'll deduce that the Venom symbiote is an alien species which evolved in outer space. Thus, it's a simple deduction that such a creature wouldn't have any defenses for sonics or fire, which can only exist in atmosphere. So yes, he could figure out Venom's weakness, then trap Gotham accordingly. Venom's good, but he's not a billionaire prep genius. Therefore, Batman wins.

Sorry, trap the entire city of Gotham? In one day? Unless Bat Man knows exactly where they're going to be fighting ahead of time, which I doubt, He would basically have to trap the entire city just to trap Venom. And once he has Venom trapped, he's going to have a heck of a time holding him.

Then there's Carnage. There's no way Bat Man can even PREP for Carnage, let alone fight him. Carnage isn't even weak to sonics. At least not to the same degree as Venom, so Bat Man will look at Carnage, Realize how similar he looks to Venom, Assume that he shares the same weakness, try sonics, and fail horribly.

And that's assuming that Bat Man has a chance to react at all. Venom is approximately equal in speed to Spider Man (who runs as fast as cars on the free way and has 15 times the reflexes of regular humans) and Carnage is even FASTER.

So we've established that Bat Man probably couldn't trap Venom.

He certainly couldn't trap Carnage

Any sonic batarang he comes up with, won't be on the level of Reed Richards sonic gun (as was pointed out earlier by Saint_Michael)

And since it only takes one hit for Bat Man to die, he has no margin for error

So, under these conditions, Bat Man doesn't really stand a chance.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Brock isn't Venom in the 2000's.

Brock was Venom until 2005.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Oh ok my mistake. lol But the tanking the sonic weapon still applies no?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

All his feats as Venom apply from his first appearance to his separation from the symbiote....the continuity of Brock as Venom is unbroken. All of his 616 appearances are still Canon.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#180  Edited By darktiger

good fight with prep batman without Venom

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Alexander505

@darktiger said:

I agree.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By darktiger

@Alexander505 said:

@darktiger said:

I agree.

I know

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Alexander505

O.O

Good <.<

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By darktiger

@Alexander505 said:

O.O

Good <.<

it sure is my friend

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Shawnbaby said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

All his feats as Venom apply from his first appearance to his separation from the symbiote....the continuity of Brock as Venom is unbroken. All of his 616 appearances are still Canon.

Thank you for clarifying that for me I wanted to make sure. In that case Venom may be more difficult to put down then some think. His fight with Diggers and The Jury prove this. They were specifically designed to take down Venom (The Jury were atleast) And they had trouble every single time. Venom has fought Ghost Rider, The Hulk, and Juggernaut. During which he also defeated Insanity in his own Realm. Venom has also defeated Wolverine, actually eating Him. Batmans prep will help him. But it's not a gaurantee that it wil help him win.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Gritterr

@Saint_Michael said:

IMO, people are really giving too much credit to Batman's prep here. Did you look at the scans earlier in this post? In brief they show the following:

Venom being attacked by a better sonic weapon (Reed with as much prep as he wants comes up with a better sonic gun than Batman with a day), being wielded by a faster, quicker, stronger opponent (Spiderman vs Batman is obvious) being supported by better "Fire"power (Johnny Storm vs any flame devices Batman can come up with in one day) and still nearly killing both Spiderman and Torch.

The idea that Batman, by himself, with one day of prep is better than Spidey with Johnny's help and REED RICHARD'S unlimited prep is far fetched to say the least. Any one of the hits that Venom dealt to Spiderman or Human Torch during the fight would have taken Batman's head off. Any scenario with Batman winning in one day involves serious PIS.

BTW, any random encounter with Batman and Venom requires one of Bruce's Justice League friends passing by to even give him a chance of surviving. He isn't getting away from anything.

This. and lol @ the batfanboys ignoring the fact that reed richards with much more prep(who is leagues above batman in intelligence) couldn't build a weapon to get the job done. Please explain how in one day batman will build a better weapon than Reed? And this is just for Brock. let alone the nightmare that is Carnage

El_Nastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By El_Nastro

"Gets one day of prep"

What does that even mean? How is 1 day any better than 2 hours of "prep"? Or 5 minutes? Or however long it takes for Batman to decide what to stuff into his belt? Seriously...where do people get the idea that "length of 'prep time'" is directly proportional to how badass Batman is?

Consider: Superman is the most powerful opponent Batman could have. And how long does it take for him to put a kryptonite ring in his pocket? A couple seconds?

The whole notion of "prep" is stupid. When you say "prep", what do you mean? Do you mean, "Batman thinks to bring along some sort of sonic grenade that he throws at Venom, then he ties him up with super-metal cable restraints. That's how Batman wins." Or, "Batman lures Venom into a belfry and does the same thing Spider-Man did." But then, that's not really a battle, is it? It's the way the story was written.

I mean, Reed Richards managed to get his hands on the Ultimate Nullifier & chased off Galactus. Does that mean that in "Mr. Fantastic vs. Galactus", Mr. Fantastic beats Galactus? According to Batman-rules it does. It means Mr. Fantastic "used prep" to win.

"Prep" is stupid. It's stupid from every angle. Let's eliminate the word from our vocabulary.

That being said, Venom eats Batman's brains. Batman is street-level, and for some dumb reason refuses to use the most effective and efficient weaponry for a street-level combatant: the firearm. Venom is hell on earth. He's at least twenty times stronger than Bats, fast enough to dodge bullets (and therefore fast enough to dodge hand-thrown non-lethal bat-gadgets), armed with his own ranged weapons, can stick to walls, jump who-knows-how-many-yards, and completely vicious. This is a totally one-sided beatdown.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Venom

Saint_Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Saint_Michael

@El_Nastro: "Sniff"..(Whilst wiping tears from my eyes)...This is possibly the best post I have ever read at this sight!

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By allfornot2

"If Batmna has prep he'll batman venom by batmanning him with a batman gun."

No.

Venom was wrecking Spider-man and Human Torch with a sonic gun. Spidey, who is more than ten times faster than Batman, only managed one shot with the gun before Venom broke it then beat several shades of hell out of both Spidey and Torch. Venom could solo both Nightwing and Batman, even with prep, if Carnage shows up then Gotham is gonna get real bloody real fast.

RandomThang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By RandomThang

Richard Reed is not above Bruce Wayne's intelligence, maybe in certain fields of science (very very extremely limited, and I only say maybe), but covering a wider field of variation of knowledge, Bruce Wayne knows a lot more than Reed will ever set out to learn in his entire life.

A sonic gun created by Batman? Did he created a sonic gun to attract bats? Why? Because it is not as concealable as a glove or boot, and if you drop it, you can't use it, so why on Earth is he going to make a sonic gun when he have already cover the design before?

Is everyone ignoring the fact that Carnage's / Venom's weakness is fire? Have no one seen Batman standing in fire before?

Being a genius in Physics (not specific) and well accomplished in engineering is completely different to being a genius in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Criminology, Master of Disguise, Expert Martial Artist in a huge variation, logical reasoning and fluid thinking etc

An example of Bruce Wayne's fluid intelligence being miles ahead of Reed is when he defeated OwlMan, not with strength, but with trickery, distraction, deception and really quick thinking reflexes. Oh yes, for example, in military strategy, Bruce Wayne have to be better than Reed because of his feets.

cmyers1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By cmyers1980

Daredevil once ran circles around venom and got him to stop fighting by talking to him.He was beating Venom badly.Don't believe just look it up.Venom was getting beat by Daredevil.''Batman would get raped by Venom'' yeah right

RandomThang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By RandomThang

People dismiss Batman beating Carnage is bad writing lol

Superman defeating Darkseid is bad writing, and that's just by punching.

Aztrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Aztrox

I think that Batman wins , but with prep.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Cybrilious4

No prep: Venom With Prep: Batman (barely) With carnage: Batman dies horribly! With Night wing: Venom looses With Night wing + Carnage: Bats and Night Wing dies horribly.

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By bornstar
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:
Batman could get fire and sonic weapons in one day and defeat Venom. Bringing in Nightwing with those weapons would only seal in the victory. Carnage is a same result.
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#197  Edited By Stronger

Batman with prep wins

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Eddie would win this. His tolerance to fire and sonics was really high near the end of his career.

HankPymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By HankPymp

Actually when you think about it, Clayface, is very similar to Venom and Carnage in terms of powers. Though I think the symbiotes pose a bit more of a threat. But, there is that one shot crossover that came out some time ago, in Which Batman pretty much owned Carnage. But it is a one shot that's not canonical. It could probably be assumed that since it'd be a cross over fight, that the resources of the marvel universe, would be at Batman's disposal, and he could hack into Ravencroft prison's computer files, to get all the dirt on Eddie and Carnage.

http://youtu.be/M5qhysVNfHE

guess it depends on the writer, the circumstances, If Spider-man is there to help, and of course, that famous Bat Prep Time. Batman can more than hold his own, but when it comes to Superpowered threats, he almost always needs help. (Though he's taken on Spawn alone, and kicked his arse) I'm gonna go ahead and say with proper study of Eddie, help from either Dick, Spidey, or someone from the bat camp, he'd have it in the bag.

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom can win this with the help of Carnage, if they even work together