• 0 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's something different. Question: Who trained harder?

Note: Obviously we're going with comics Batman for this.

#2 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who subjected himself to gravity 40 times stronger than his native planet trained harder.

#3 Edited by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:

The guy who subjected himself to gravity 40 times stronger than his native planet trained harder.

400 times gravity. <_<

Is this even a contest? Obviously Vegeta.
#4 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

Well to be fair, Vegeta only did that cause he could take it. If Batman had the resiliance to not turn into jelly, I'm sure he'd make a gravity chamber to.

#5 Posted by Bleeble (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

400 times gravity. <_< Is this even a contest? Obviously Vegeta.

He also trained in the hyperbolic time chamber for 1-2 days IIRC ,which is the equivalent of 1-2 years of training (obviously not for 24hrs a day, but still).

#6 Edited by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

You say that like Batman hardly worked at all. Remember he wasn't just lifitng weights; he had to master 127 different styles of martial arts, learn 10 thousand languages, get superior degrees in chemistry, physics, biology, all that stuff, and so on. I think the mental training he went through was even worse then the physical.

#7 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bleeble said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

He also trained in the hyperbolic time chamber for 1-2 days IIRC ,which is the equivalent of 1-2 years of training (obviously not for 24hrs a day, but still).

And if I recall correctly, that was during the Android/Cell Sagas, which he trained with Trunks.
#8 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

You say that like Batman hardly worked at all. Remember he wasn't just lifitng weights; he had to master 127 different styles of martial arts, learn 10 thousand languages, get superior degrees in chemistry, physics, biology, all that stuff, and so on. I think the mental training he went through was even worse then the physical.

Yeah, because none of that can compare to training under 400 times Earth's gravity.
#9 Posted by Bleeble (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Bleeble said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

The guy who subjected himself to gravity 40 times stron alsoger than his native planet trained harder.

And if I recall correctly, that was during the Android/Cell Sagas, which he trained with Trunks.

Yes it was.

Also I believe the gravity in the chamber was higher than earth's (though not significantly higher) and the temperature would fluctuate from extremely hot to freezing cold.

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

Yeah, because none of that can compare to training under 400 times Earth's gravity.

Like I said, Vegeta is not human. Training under 400 times gravity for the prince of all Saiyans is the equivalent of Batman benching 600 lbs.

I'm not asking who literally TRAINED harder, but who WORKED harder. So, my fault for the way I worded it. Forgive me.

#11 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bleeble said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Bleeble said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

The guy who subjected himself to gravity 40 times stron alsoger than his native planet trained harder.

Yes it was.

Also I believe the gravity in the chamber was higher than earth's (though not significantly higher) and the temperature would fluctuate from extremely hot to freezing cold.

Unfortunately, no. The HBTC does not have that kind of technology. It's a whole other dimension within itself.
#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce did travel the planet just to hone his physicality and mental endurance, as well as acquire all the training he possibly could.

#13 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Bleeble said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Bleeble said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

Yes it was.

Unfortunately, no. The HBTC does not have that kind of technology. It's a whole other dimension within itself.

He was right about the weather thing tho.

#14 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

Training under 400 times gravity for the prince of all Saiyans is the equivalent of Batman benching 600 lbs.

False. Out of the entire Saiyan population, only Vegeta and Goku have approached such drastic training methods. There are many people in real life let alone, COMICS that can easily bench six hundred lbs. Daredevil has utilized a four hundred lb barbell as a bo-staff for crying out loud. That feat alone exceeds benching six hundred lbs.

As for who worked harder, Batman.

#15 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto said:

Like I said, Vegeta is not human. Training under 400 times gravity for the prince of all Saiyans is the equivalent of Batman benching 600 lbs.

I'm not asking who literally TRAINED harder, but who WORKED harder. So, my fault for the way I worded it. Forgive me.

There is definitely no equivalence between Vegeta and Batman, and trained and worked technically mean the same thing in this context. But you are forgiven. Lol. The thing is, because Vegeta isn't Human, he is able to accomplish a lot more. What's to say that he didn't hone his mental skills, too? Perhaps he increased his energy sensing capabilities, as well as sharpened his concentration into formulating greater forces of energy attacks. Personally, it's a no brainer. Batman fans might say Batman, DBZ fans might say Vegeta. Obviously, Vegeta was tantamount about being more powerful, so his training literally excels over Batman's.
#16 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto said:

He was right about the weather thing tho.
You know, I thought that was a little fishy. The HBTC can simulate weather, but I've never seen it simulate gravity the same the gravity chamber did.
#17 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think its possible to train harder then Batman.

#18 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™:

Lol. The thing is, because Vegeta isn't Human, he is able to accomplish a lot more.

Does that mean anything that isn't human are able to accomplish a lot more than humans? Flawed statement. Implies nearly anything.

Vegeta was tantamount about being more powerful, so his training literally excels over Batman's.

And Batman wasn't tantamount on becoming smarter and more powerful to take on the criminal underworld? Fact is, Batman has worked hard to reach there. He doesn't need to work harder unless the criminals evolve to level the playing field and if that's the situation, Batman WILL adapt to cope with it. What I'm implying is that he will work harder to match them and not only that, to precariously hang over them. As for Vegeta, he's always on the short end of the stick of the Z-Fighter's fights. Whether it be Frieza, Cell, non-cannon villains, and Buu. Despite Vegeta's persistence on becoming more powerful, he usually ends up as the weaker being yet Goku usually ends up fighting on par with them. Not just Goku either but others such as Gohan. So far, Batman worked hard to exceed the criminal underworld beforehand and as Vegeta, he worked hard to get his ass handed to him time and time again despite being a talented Saiyan. It's no doubt who works harder.

#19 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the top of the human species, but Vegeta is damn near the top of his. Unless you set the parameters I can't see Batman winning since V can just blow up planet earth.

#20 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

False. Out of the entire Saiyan population, only Vegeta and Goku have approached such drastic training methods. There are many people in real life let alone, COMICS that can easily bench six hundred lbs. Daredevil has utilized a four hundred lb barbell as a bo-staff for crying out loud. That feat alone exceeds benching six hundred lbs.

As for who worked harder, Batman.

@nickzambuto:

Training under 400 times gravity for the prince of all Saiyans is the equivalent of Batman benching 600 lbs.
#21 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Voodoom said:

Batman is the top of the human species, but Vegeta is damn near the top of his. Unless you set the parameters I can't see Batman winning since V can just blow up planet earth.

This is not a fight. It's about who worked harder in their training.

#22 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@PunkMastaFlex said:

Does that mean anything that isn't human are able to accomplish a lot more than humans? Flawed statement. Implies nearly anything.

And Batman wasn't tantamount on becoming smarter and more powerful to take on the criminal underworld? Fact is, Batman has worked hard to reach there. He doesn't need to work harder unless the criminals evolve to level the playing field and if that's the situation, Batman WILL adapt to cope with it. What I'm implying is that he will work harder to match them and not only that, to precariously hang over them. As for Vegeta, he's always on the short end of the stick of the Z-Fighter's fights. Whether it be Frieza, Cell, non-cannon villains, and Buu. Despite Vegeta's persistence on becoming more powerful, he usually ends up as the weaker being yet Goku usually ends up fighting on par with them. Not just Goku either but others such as Gohan. So far, Batman worked hard to exceed the criminal underworld beforehand and as Vegeta, he worked hard to get his ass handed to him time and time again despite being a talented Saiyan. It's no doubt who works harder.

I'm sort of confused by your response, but here goes for an answer. Vegeta as a Saiyan can accomplish more than Batman as a Human can, yes. Why? Because it is within Vegeta's genome to reach levels of power and ability beyond anything a Human, let alone a peak human, can manage. Batman can't train under 400 times Earth's gravity; 1) he doesn't have the capacity to, and 2) he'd be crushed at twice Earth's gravity (that's unless he comes up with a way to counter gravitation). Nor can Batman generate or expel energy in the same fashion. True, he and Vegeta would have the same intention, to become better than they were before, but you can't weigh Batman's training against Vegeta's when their training is universally different. What Batman can do as peak human, Vegeta could do as a Saiyan. Vegeta getting his ass handed to him time and time again, as well as being weaker than Goku is irrelevant -- but that may be because I'm medicated from being hit by a car two days ago. /shrugs
#23 Posted by HolySerpent (12518 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are there so many ridiculous battles going on

#24 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:
Why are there so many ridiculous battles going on
No clue. But who would you say trained harder, eh?
#25 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™:

Vegeta as a Saiyan can accomplish more than Batman as a Human can, yes. Why? Because it is within Vegeta's genome to reach levels of power and ability beyond anything a Human, let alone a peak human, can manage. Batman can't train under 400 times Earth's gravity; 1) he doesn't have the capacity to, and 2) he'd be crushed at twice Earth's gravity (that's unless he comes up with a way to counter gravitation). Nor can Batman generate or expel energy in the same fashion.

... The basis of your statement is that Vegeta can do things Batman can't... that isn't equivocal to whom works harder. Superman can easily save the world in one day but as for any other human being (For example, your fellow classmate or co-worker), they need to work hard and study for years to a decade before approaching such a thing. Who works harder I wonder? Superman or that classmate/co-worker?

True, he and Vegeta would have the same intention, to become better than they were before, but you can't weigh Batman's training against Vegeta's when their training is universally different.

First off, their intentions are nowhere near equivocal with one anther's and secondly, aren't you and many others attempting to weight Vegeta's against Batman's?

#26 Edited by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
@PunkMastaFlex said:

... The basis of your statement is that Vegeta can do things Batman can't... that isn't equivocal to whom works harder. Superman can easily save the world in one day but as for any other human being (For example, your fellow classmate or co-worker), they need to work hard and study for years to a decade before approaching such a thing. Who works harder I wonder? Superman or that classmate/co-worker?

First off, their intentions are nowhere near equivocal with one anther's and secondly, aren't you and many others attempting to weight Vegeta's against Batman's?

...seriously? Uhm, yes, Vegeta able to do things Batman can't is very equivocal to whom works harder. Batman can't work under 400 times Earth's gravity, Vegeta can. That means, Vegeta is pumping out more strenuous effort to accomplish what Batman, a Human, cannot. Superman is more powerful than Batman, so of course he'd be able to save the world in one day, whereas Batman couldn't -- it's not within his ability to do so (unless it's plot-induced). Batman's training is within Vegeta's scope of ability and then some. I'm not weighing Vegeta's training against Batman's as I've already stated that Vegeta trains harder than Batman. You cannot compare the two. O_o

I need sleep, I'll reply more later.
#27 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™:

Uhm, yes, Vegeta able to do things Batman can't is very equivocal to whom works harder.
I've already stated that Vegeta trains harder than Batman. You cannot compare the two

It's very obvious that you're not comprehending the very definition of what hard work is and you practically contradicted yourself. Meds for being hit by a car perhaps?

Sasuke is able to do things Rock lee can't. Sasuke is a genius, can preform both ninjutsu and genjutsu, and possesses the Sharingan, all something Rock Lee doesn't possess nor is capable of doing. Does that mean Sasuke works harder than Lee? No it doesn't. Lee worked so hard that he does thousands of push-ups a day, five hundred laps around the Leaf Village (Which is the size of NY city), thousands of kicks and strikes, never stops training. Sasuke doesn't train nor work nearly as hard to his extent. What you've just stated is extremely flawed.

#28 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

...seriously? Uhm, yes, Vegeta able to do things Batman can't is very equivocal to whom works harder. Batman can't work under 400 times Earth's gravity, Vegeta can. That means, Vegeta is pumping out more strenuous effort to accomplish what Batman, a Human, cannot.

Let's say Batman's max weight lift is 1,000 lbs. This is the hardest thing Batman's ever done, it requires all of his concentration, his will, and brings every last muscle he has to it's bursting point. Vegeta meanwhile, can lift 1,001 pounds with a finger. He lifted more than Batman. Did he work harder?

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

2) he'd be crushed at twice Earth's gravity

The force of attraction between 2 objects is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centers of mass.

Fg = (G * M1 * M2) ÷ R^2

G = 6.67 * 10^-11

M1 = mass of planet

M2 = mass of person standing on the surface of the planet.

R = on the surface of a planet, R is the radius of the planet.

This force, Fg, is the weight of a person on the surface of the earth.

The acceleration, g, due to this force = (G * M1) ÷ R^2

If the gravity, g, is “twice as strong”, the force of attraction is twice as strong.

So the person’s weight is 2 times the weight on the earth.

On the earth, M = 5.98 * 10^24 kg and R = 6.38 * 10^6 m.

On the earth, g, = (6.67 * 10^-11 * 5.98 * 10^24) ÷ (6.38 * 10^6)^2 = 9.8 m/s^2

Batman weighs maybe 250 lbs. At twice Earth's gravity he'd weigh 500 lbs. Well within his survival limit, though I'm not saying he'd be comfortable.

#30 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

His internal organs will logically collapse under that gravity.

#31 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@nickzambuto:

His internal organs will logically collapse under that gravity.

Well that's egg on my face.

#32 Posted by TheOriginalSurfer (88 posts) - - Show Bio

mental training has to go to batman which will probably count for more in the long run.

vegeta turns to emotional custard in almost every db saga

#33 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

which vegeta are you referring to? if its the GT vegeta, then bruce trains harder. but if its DBZ version, then obviously vegeta trains harder, because he wants to keep up with goku

#34 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOriginalSurfer: Welcome my friend to comicvine's batlles, where men fight over their favorite characters and most of them don't use their intellect, that is if they have any. and that is true Vegeta does have anger issues

#35 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

which vegeta are you referring to? if its the GT vegeta, then bruce trains harder. but if its DBZ version, then obviously vegeta trains harder, because he wants to keep up with goku

I mean overrall, but GT is non canon.

#36 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically Vegeta has trained harder, but I'm sure Batman would be willing to train under 400x Earth's gravity if he was physically capable of doing so.
Just to throw this out there, Batman has resisted the vacuum of space for 27 seconds, and was willing to go for longer until MM shuts the airlock.

#37 Posted by kingpin1 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

For physical training Vegeta, Batman training includes other things.

#38 Edited by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it if you put them both on the same level of physical ability then Batman has trained and worked a lot harder as he's also trained his mental capacity. If Batman could train at 400x gravity i'm pretty sure he would. Thus the whole "Vegeta trained at 400 gravity" is pointless. Put Vegeta on Batman's level and Bruce is superior and visa versa.

#39 Posted by WhiteLion (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta Physically

Mentally Batman

#40 Posted by Lvenger (19320 posts) - - Show Bio

I was worried this was going to be a battle thread. In this instance, I'd say Vegeta. Subjecting himself to 400 times Earth's gravity to achieve the title of strongest warrior is quite the feat I have to admit. Vegeta's constantly overcome the limits that previous Saiyan warriors have had whilst Batman who's trained incredibly hard has only reached peak human conditioning.

#41 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta

#42 Edited by Nefarious (19749 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta.

#43 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta

#44 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta

#45 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Vegeta but not because he trained under heavy gravity. I say Vegeta because he became Super Saiyan by sheer persistence, despite not being "pure."

The man is driven. (not to say Batman isn't; Batman trains extremely hard)

BTW, while I'm at it, I want to point out that this thread's intent is most likely "who put in more effort proportionately" than it is a battle proper. If Batman was a Saiyan, you'd better believe he'd train under heavy gravity.

#46 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@ThanosIsMad said:

#47 Posted by nickzambuto (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

My thread has failed. Only 2 people understood the question.

#48 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

I was worried this was going to be a battle thread. In this instance, I'd say Vegeta. Subjecting himself to 400 times Earth's gravity to achieve the title of strongest warrior is quite the feat I have to admit. Vegeta's constantly overcome the limits that previous Saiyan warriors have had whilst Batman who's trained incredibly hard has only reached peak human conditioning.

and thats all hes capable of reaching. bruce cant surpass peak human since his race wont allow him to enter the superhuman stage like other races. To descredit him for reaching the peak of his race because its weak compare to planet busting races is unfair. while vegeta has reached new limits few in his race have ever reached bruce has or is a the limit to what his race can do for that id say bruce has trained harder.The possilble limit to vegetas race is SSJ3 which he never reached while bruce is at it limit/peak.

#49 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Was I one of them?

#50 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2819 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.