Batman is wearing the Suit of Sorrows

Random encounter

Fight in the abandoned subway from Arkham City

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19998 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#3 Posted by Shawnbaby (10418 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd still put my money on Cap

#4 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Like regular Cap vs. Batman, I just don't know, but leaning slightly towards Cap because of utility advantage (shield>projectiles). How much does Suit of Sorrows amp Bats?

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain.

#6 Edited by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America should take this. Shield>Batarangs.

#7 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap.

#8 Edited by Clark_EL (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

cap

#9 Posted by TwoGunGunnar (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man. Ultimate Captain America is more powerful than regular Cap', and a lot meaner. He has no problem using his shield and guns. Super Soldier + guns = dead Batman.

#10 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it to Ultimate Cap. He's on a totally different level.

#11 Posted by Esquire (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

Suit of Sorrows is a little bit ridiculous. Azrael was able to walk through RPG fire with it. Ultimate Cap will be hard-pressed to even hurt Bats.

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire Wow, that's pretty durable. Couldn't Ultimate Cap incapacitate Bats though, like he did with Ultimate Hulk? No doubt the Hulk can tank a RPG hit, but Cap was still able to bring the guy down ( albeit temporarily) with a few well-aimed strikes. And he was even able to tear apart Ultimate War Machine - who's considered on a tech level to be superior to Iron Man (though Cap did use some dirty tricks).

I'm not saying that gives Ult. Cap the definite win, but it's worth mentioning that Ult. Cap has taken down tough armors before.

#13 Posted by Shawnbaby (10418 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Not to completely lowball the feat or anything...but Azrael doesn't actual tank the entire explosion....he's only on the outskirts of it after his swords intercept the RPG. Still impressive...but not as impressive as say taking an RPG to the face.

#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19998 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, he's smarter, more trained, better tech, and has a hugely durable suit. The only reason I think a cap vs bat fight is equal is because there both trained great. But ultimate cap may be stronger he's not as good H2H. So batman wins

#15 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap all day everyday.

#16 Posted by Shiryu (2934 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anyone happen to have Bruce's feats with the Suit of Sorrows? I'm interested in seeing them.

#17 Posted by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman beats Captain America like most other comic book characters do.

#18 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man. Ultimate Captain America is more powerful than regular Cap', and a lot meaner. He has no problem using his shield and guns. Super Soldier + guns = dead Batman.

This.

#19 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

This Batman wins.

Regular Batman loses.

#20 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Batman cannot hold a candle to Ultimate Cap. With a Suit to tank the hits tho, it may go either way.

#21 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

with a suit able to tank an RPG i see batman winning this.

#22 Posted by DobreRO (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#23 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

This prep lets me believe Batman wins but not easily.

#24 Posted by Marshall_Long (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with Batman

#25 Edited by myrmidonhero (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap isn't as good at H2H as Normal Cap is, nor is his shield as strong. Ultimate Cap is, however, stronger, meaner and has a slight healing factor. That's more of an observation/statement... Not really a decision on who would win.

#26 Edited by Esquire (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortium said:

@twogungunnar said:

This.

Guns will do literally nothing to the Suit of Sorrows. It amps his durability way up, far beyond bulletproof. If your argument is that Cap wins via guns, it's wrong. There are good arguments to be made for Ultimate Cap here, but guns is not one of them.

#27 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#28 Posted by schillenger420 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins this. Considering they're fighting in Batmans backyard, that gives him a huge advantage. Also an abandoned subway has to be pretty dark giving bats the ability to do his ninja routine. Batman with the Suit of Sorrows should win this easily. Even regular Batman should give Ultimate Cap some trouble in this scenario, though regular bats would eventually get stomped..

#29 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with the Suit wins

#30 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman