#1 Edited by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has been under lights that simulate a red sun for a week. He has been let out, but his power is only at 50%. Batman does not have kryptonite, but Robin is bringing him some. However, Robin is an hour away. Battle takes place in Metropolis. Morals on. Can Batman last the hour to get kryptonite and beat Superman, or does Superman win before Robin gets there?

#2 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

50% of Superman would beat 20000% of Batman.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Seconded. Though the OP doesn't state what conditions Superman is under i.e whether he's bloodlusted or morals off or morals on. And I'd be prepared to post the link to your blog post in case we get any die hard Batman fanboys on the thread.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@CitizenBane said:

Seconded. Though the OP doesn't state what conditions Superman is under i.e whether he's bloodlusted or morals off or morals on. And I'd be prepared to post the link to your blog post in case we get any die hard Batman fanboys on the thread.

I forgot. Morals on. I just edited the first post where it says morals on.

#5 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he'd the last the hour. If it were more like 5 minutes, I'd say Bats would take it.

#6 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Lvenger said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman could still beat Batman with a light tap to the head.

@TheBatman586 said:

I don't think he'd the last the hour. If it were more like 5 minutes, I'd say Bats would take it.

Barring a scenario like Batman running away from a barely into it Superman's attacks......Batman would not last 5 minutes.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by terry2012 (5096 posts) - - Show Bio

No he doesn't last the hour.

#8 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman freezes him with cold breath, shatters him with a biatch slap, then melts his remains with heat vision

#9 Posted by BigCimmerian (8108 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Superman would destroy Batman at 15% of power, but with morals on, Batman has a chance to win

#10 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Bloodlusted Superman would destroy Batman at 15% of power, but with morals on, Batman has a chance to win

How does Batman even hurt Superman? He recently threw every single thing he had in his utility belt at Kal and none of them accomplished anything.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@TheCannon said:

@Lvenger said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman could still beat Batman with a light tap to the head.

@TheBatman586 said:

Barring a scenario like Batman running away from a barely into it Superman's attacks......Batman would not last 5 minutes.

This is my answer pretty much.

#12 Edited by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

He could use flashbangs and sonics periodically to stun Supes long enough for the Kryptonite to arrive.
#13 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

It's morals on.

#14 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

He could use flash bangs and sonics periodically to stun Supes long enough for the Kryptonite to arrive.

Periodically? He only has so many of them, and they'd affect Superman for seconds at best. Not to mention they'd likely irritate him enough that he'd just toss a stone at Bruce's head and be done with it.

If Superman stood still and did nothing while Batman hurled infinite sonic grenades at him, then you'd have a point.

Moderator Online
#15 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is why is it that with all of Bat's money and intelligence why doesnt he have some armor built that could take on Supe's? If Stark can have Hulk-buster armor then why exactly cant Bruce have some sort of armor that could have him stand alongside Supe's? That question has always perplexed me. Im not saying he should use the armor all the time but to have him running around trying to fight people like Darksied in spandex is silly and stupid

#16 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

My question is why is it that with all of Bat's money and intelligence why doesnt he have some armor built that could take on Supe's? If Stark can have Hulk-buster armor then why exactly cant Bruce have some sort of armor that could have him stand aloside Supe's?

I've thought that myself, but not for this battle. I have thought about a making forum asking why he can't make an armor like Iron Man.

#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4448 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was under red sun radiation for a week wouldnt supes be powerless?

#18 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

He could use flash bangs and sonics periodically to stun Supes long enough for the Kryptonite to arrive.

Periodically? He only has so many of them, and they'd affect Superman for seconds at best. Not to mention they'd likely irritate him enough that he'd just toss a stone at Bruce's head and be done with it.

If Superman stood still and did nothing while Batman hurled infinite sonic grenades at him, then you'd have a point.

Supes is only at 50% power in this case, so I think those gadgets would hurt him more than they normally would. Also, because he is only at 50%, Batman would possibly have other options, such as explosive Batarangs, electric Batarangs, EMP blast, etc. 
But it's irrelevant anyway. Batman has to last an hour, not 5 minutes. He would eventually get KO'd by Superman in the given scenario.

My question is why is it that with all of Bat's money and intelligence why doesnt he have some armor built that could take on Supe's? If Stark can have Hulk-buster armor then why exactly cant Bruce have some sort of armor that could have him stand aloside Supe's?

PIS.
#19 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

Supes is only at 50% power in this case, so I think those gadgets would hurt him more than they normally would. Also, because he is only at 50%, Batman would possibly have other options, such as explosive Batarangs, electric Batarangs, EMP blast, etc.
But it's irrelevant anyway. Batman has to last an hour, not 5 minutes. He would eventually get KO'd by Superman in the given scenario.

Even at 50%, none of his gadgets are going to do any kind of significant damage to him.

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

If he was under red sun radiation for a week wouldnt supes be powerless?

No. He has been under the yellow sun long enough where his power is at 50%.

#21 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586: I thought so

#22 Posted by Ms. Omega (4448 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Ahh ok

#23 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Well when you do I'll be there. I mean Bat's had Watchtower built yet cant have armor. It makes no sense

#24 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Well when you do I'll be there. I mean Bat's had Watchtower built yet cant have armor. It makes no sense

Yeah. The only time I saw him use an armor like that was in an episode of Batman Beyond.

#25 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Yeah. The only time I saw him use an armor like that was in an episode of Batman Beyond.

That's the only time I remember too well besides during an episode of Batman the brave and the bold

#26 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

That's the only time I remember too well besides during an episode of Batman the brave and the bold

I don't really watch Batman the Brave and the Bold.

#27 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@TheCannon said:

Oh ok. I didnt really care for it at first but it grew on me

#28 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@TheCannon said:

Oh ok. I didnt really care for it at first but it grew on me

I watched four or five episodes and I didn't care for it. No, it was six.

#29 Posted by Billy Batson (57959 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.
BB

#30 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins even if Bats starts with kryptonite

#31 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide2 said:

How does he win if Batman starts with kryptonite?

#32 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman easily.

#33 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Matezoide2 said:

How does he win if Batman starts with kryptonite?

The same way he won when Batman was literally leaking kryptonite out of every pore. Namely, not being an idiot and exercising his vast physical advantages to overcome the setback.

Moderator Online
#34 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

In this scenario, Bruce could last about 15 min MAX.

#35 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

#36 Edited by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the battle take place during the day or night? Because if Supes is exposed to Yellow Sun radiation...with Robin an hour away...the fight might be over rather quickly.

#37 Posted by nickzambuto (13420 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is why is it that with all of Bat's money and intelligence why doesnt he have some armor built that could take on Supe's? If Stark can have Hulk-buster armor then why exactly cant Bruce have some sort of armor that could have him stand alongside Supe's? That question has always perplexed me. Im not saying he should use the armor all the time but to have him running around trying to fight people like Darksied in spandex is silly and stupid

Because he's not nearly as smart as Iron Man tech wise. And a Superman Buster Armor would be considerably more complicated then a Hulk Buster. With Hulk, all you have to counter is strength and durability. But with Superman, you ALSO have to factor in protection against heat vison, freeze breath, super speed, flight, and the dozen other powers Supes has.

#38 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@BigCimmerian said:

How does Batman even hurt Superman? He recently threw every single thing he had in his utility belt at Kal and none of them accomplished anything.

It's funny how that happened but people who solo the JLA are hurt by Batman's explosive's.

#39 Posted by HolySerpent (12519 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel wins

#40 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wouldn't need 1% of his strength to one shot Bruce . Supes wins 10/10 . Massive mismatch.

#41 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Because he's not nearly as smart as Iron Man tech wise. And a Superman Buster Armor would be considerably more complicated then a Hulk Buster. With Hulk, all you have to counter is strength and durability. But with Superman, you ALSO have to factor in protection against heat vison, freeze breath, super speed, flight, and the dozen other powers Supes has.

Bat's is supposd to be one of the smartest people in the DC universe but not only that if Bats had Watchtower built why can h not have the armor built

#42 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#43 Edited by nickzambuto (13420 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the world's greatest detective, there is no case he cannot crack.

Technologically though, Lex Luthor can't built suits that keep up with Superman for long. Are you gonna tell me Batman is smarter then Lex Luthor?

Not to mention the Watchtower isn't that amazing.

#44 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Sup's beats him.

#45 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Technologically though, Lex Luthor can't built suits that keep up with Superman for long. Are you gonna tell me Batman is smarter then Lex Luthor?

They are about eual in intelligence, HOWEVER the point im trying to make is is that both should have tech that is vastly superior to Stark's and yet Batman is running around trying to fight people lik Darkseid in tights. It doesnt make sense, I mean have all of his writers idiots or something

#46 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has 3 options:

1. Throw a batgrenade like the one that destroyed the General's arm at Superman.

2. Kick Superman in the face like against Darkseid or the Spectre.

3. Throttle him like he was about to do to Lobo.

Even I don't believe any of that crap. Superman wins by lightly flicking Batman into unconsciousness.

#47 Posted by Alex_Grey (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

#48 Posted by nickzambuto (13420 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

They are about eual in intelligence, HOWEVER the point im trying to make is is that both should have tech that is vastly superior to Stark's and yet Batman is running around trying to fight people lik Darkseid in tights. It doesnt make sense, I mean have all of his writers idiots or something

They are no where near equal in intelligence. Luthor builds time machines and comes up with a cure for cancer during lunch. Batman makes an electric batarang.

Batman excells in strategic thinking and detectiveness. He is no match for Luthor in the tech department, which is exactly why he doesn't have a Superman Buster suit.

And how do you get that they should both have tech vastly superior to Iron Man when Tony Stark is supposed to be one of the smartest men in Marvel Comics? What has Batman ever built that says he is capable of building anything even close to Stark's inventions?

#49 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@nickzambuto said:

They are no where near equal in intelligence. Luthor builds time machines and comes up with a cure for cancer during lunch. Batman makes an electric batarang.

Batman excells in strategic thinking and detectiveness. He is no match for Luthor in the tech department, which is exactly why he doesn't have a Superman Buster suit.

And how do you get that they should both have tech vastly superior to Iron Man when Tony Stark is supposed to be one of the smartest men in Marvel Comics? What has Batman ever built that says he is capable of building anything even close to Stark's inventions?

Who knows.! Anyway with all the technology at their disposal you're telling me they cant build or have something built that takes on Supes. Yes Stark is a tech expert and one of Marvels smartest men but so are Lex and Bruce in DC. Again they should have tech to rival his seeig as they especially Bats has access to Kryptonian and Apokolitan technology. Im pretty sure since Bats doesnt rival Luthor in the tech dept but he has Fox for that

#50 Posted by nickzambuto (13420 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@nickzambuto said:

Who knows.! Anyway with all the technology at their disposal you're telling me they cant build or have something built that takes on Supes. Yes Stark is a tech expert and one of Marvels smartest men but so are Lex and Bruce in DC. Again they should have tech to rival his seeig as they especially Bats has access to Kryptonian and Apokolitan technology. Im pretty sure since Bats doesnt rival Luthor in the tech dept but he has Fox for that

Luthor DOES have tech that rivals Stark's. Batman doesn't, because Stark is smarter then him. Batman does not have Apokoliptian and Kryptonian tech at his disposal. And seeing as how Batman is smarter then Fox, I doubt he'll by of much use in helping to build a Superman Buster suit.