• 59 results
#1 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the better strategist?

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

People forget Superman has a super-brilliant brain. Batman has better showing, planning-wise. The obvious answer is Batman.

#3 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batman.

#4 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the better strategist. He makes contingency plans for every scenario as shown in stories such as The Tower of Babel and to a lesser extent The Dark Knight Returns. Superman's no idiot, so he would prove a challenging opponent, but I think Batman would win in the end.

#5 Posted by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

Hrm...I give it to Supes, he can run multiple scenarios in a second if he's really trying.

#6 Posted by leito (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they familiar with the game ?

#7 Posted by Nefarious (25935 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batman would win against Superman in a chess game. He is brilliant and smarter.

#8 Posted by thelastlife0726 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, no doubt. He's just an all around better strategist. Superman would, however, have an advantege in the multi-platform chess (from Big Bang Theory), because he would be able to use a combination of X-Ray vision and super-fast thinking to view all floors at once to scope out a strategy.

#9 Posted by Trinity00 (2539 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#10 Posted by SuperPrime1M (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trinity00 said:

Superman.

In a fight yes, in chess no.

Batman wins

#11 Posted by Trinity00 (2539 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

Superman.

Batman wins

Batman's overrated, Superman can think a lot faster than bruce and thus come up with a way better plan.

#12 Posted by SuperPrime1M (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

Superman.

Batman wins

Batman's overrated, Superman can think a lot faster than bruce and thus come up with a way better plan.

It doesn't matter if Supes is faster, its a chess game, they have all the time in the world.

Batman has proven to be a better strategist, and a brilliant planner. After a long game, Batman would win.

#13 Posted by Trinity00 (2539 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

Superman.

Batman wins

It doesn't matter if Supes is faster, its a chess game, they have all the time in the world.

Batman has proven to be a better strategist, and a brilliant planner. After a long game, Batman would win.

Superman would win, he would have more time to think of a correct plan instead of batman, 60 seconds for superman would be an hour for him.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (23087 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has the better strategic mind so I think he takes this.

#15 Posted by SuperPrime1M (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

Superman.

Batman wins

Superman would win, he would have more time to think of a correct plan instead of batman, 60 seconds for superman would be an hour for him.

But Batman is smarter, and the time gap isn't that much. Superman is smart in the sciences, but Batman is the wwaaay better planner

#16 Posted by Trinity00 (2539 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

Superman.

Batman wins

But Batman is smarter, and the time gap isn't that much. Superman is smart in the sciences, but Batman is the wwaaay better planner

True but superman is no dummy.

#17 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

The Batman.
#18 Posted by rpgr (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman easily. Being smart in calculating mathematical equations != to strategic planning.

Clark has been shown to be clueless when gauging for certain quirks that people have. Batman on the other hand always notices and exploits these quirks. Strategic planning is about knowing what someone else will do. Not everything can or needs to be calculated.

#19 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

@SuperPrime1M said:

@Trinity00 said:

Superman.

Batman wins

True but superman is no dummy.

And Batman isn't either, in fact he's much smarter.

#20 Posted by XImpossibruX (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#21 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#22 Posted by Twentyfive (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's go!

Next Thread: Batman vs Superman in a staring contest.

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (17252 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has shown time and time again he is resistant to the bat-glare, thus nullifying Batman's trump card. With his endurance, Supes can win the staring contest.

#24 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20818 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman but it is closer than people think. Superman has genius intellect, he just doesn't specialize in strategy.

#25 Posted by Dextersinister (7101 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on time between rounds then.

#26 Posted by soundgarden (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

The Batman.

This

#27 Posted by WillPayton (11146 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Superman since he has a super brain, or whatever. Batman is a better tactician, but in chess it pays to be able to see a lot of moves ahead of time like a computer. So unless Batman is holding some Kryptonite under the table, I see Superman out-thinking him.

#28 Posted by The_Third_of_the_Fallen (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate. Supes breaks the board in half thus destroying the chance for a winner

#29 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would win this hands down.. superman batman stories show that batman is the better brain while supes is the brawn.. supes likes to pound things rather than figure out ways to beat them.. (its not until when ever he realizes it that hed start to use his head.. and even then its not that great compared to bats..

#30 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@CannotSpellMyName said:

Who is the better strategist?

also you sir i admire.. coming up with something like this.. i like..

#31 Posted by Nessy (600 posts) - - Show Bio

How powerful is superman's mind. Is it as powerful (in terms of calculations per second) as a current day home computer system?

Is batman smart enough to beat any real life human at chess?

#32 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

How powerful is superman's mind. Is it as powerful (in terms of calculations per second) as a current day home computer system?

can you look urself in the mirror and believe superman who has bats as a partner constantly despite having Zero powers.. has something he doesnt to bring to the table.. bats could take down the whole justice league.. supes would simply pound them.. thats not using his head.. fighting doomsday.. thats hot using ur head until after you die and realize oh maybe i need to think harder.. bats has a better mind

#33 Posted by Nessy (600 posts) - - Show Bio

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

can you look urself in the mirror and believe superman who has bats as a partner constantly despite having Zero powers.. has something he doesnt to bring to the table.. bats could take down the whole justice league.. supes would simply pound them.. thats not using his head.. fighting doomsday.. thats hot using ur head until after you die and realize oh maybe i need to think harder.. bats has a better mind

Having a better mind /= being able to win a game on Chess.

The human mind is far more powerful than any super computer in the world, and yet if you downloaded a program onto any modern day home desktop it would be able to perform leagues better than any human chess player in history.

#34 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

The human mind is far more powerful than any super computer in the world, and yet if you downloaded a program onto any modern day home desktop it would be able to perform leagues better than any human chess player in history.

bats has a better mind than superman.. despite his alien increases..

bats brings the brains

supes brings the brawn

in every superman showing hes showed little intellect that compares to bats.. otherwise supes would have perpared for all the justice leaguues with more than if they went evil ill stop them..

bats is a better strategist.. its like playing chess against the joker and hes allowed to hid his pieces. from you and you cant see them.. superman wouldnt beable to figure it out.. and supes' arch enemy is lex.. how does supes beat him everytime.. pounding him.. lex plays chess with supes and supes is allowed to use all rookis and knights.. while lex can only use pawns. and bishops..

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose Batman takes it.

#36 Posted by Nessy (600 posts) - - Show Bio

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

bats brings the brains

supes brings the brawn

in every superman showing hes showed little intellect that compares to bats.. otherwise supes would have perpared for all the justice leaguues with more than if they went evil ill stop them..

bats is a better strategist.. its like playing chess against the joker and hes allowed to hid his pieces. from you and you cant see them.. superman wouldnt beable to figure it out.. and supes' arch enemy is lex.. how does supes beat him everytime.. pounding him.. lex plays chess with supes and supes is allowed to use all rookis and knights.. while lex can only use pawns. and bishops..

I agree with you, I was just putting an argument there to have people think. Superman is stated to have an amazing mind, however all his showings are from raw power. Batman wouldn't have anything to bring to the table without his mind.

Superman's nemesis being Lex is one of the reasons I dislike Superman. It's like telling kids "You don't have to be really intelligent, being able to fly is better". It's like in Harry Potter when they say that Magic > Intellect. What kind of a message is that?

#37 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

I suppose Batman takes it.

Shootingnova!! im sorry dude im drunk. but IAGREE with this..!!! supes vs bats in wits.. im sorry theres no way supes takes this.. never in any moment in comic book history has supes out shown bats in intellect.

#38 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

bats brings the brains

supes brings the brawn

I agree with you, I was just putting an argument there to have people think. Superman is stated to have an amazing mind, however all his showings are from raw power. Batman wouldn't have anything to bring to the table without his mind.

Superman's nemesis being Lex is one of the reasons I dislike Superman. It's like telling kids "You don't have to be really intelligent, being able to fly is better". It's like in Harry Potter when they say that Magic > Intellect. What kind of a message is that?

i agree with this message.. lex is a super genius and hates the fact superman is an alien and he protects the people better than any human can (in supermans city of course) and yet he only loses bc superman can pound.. if lex wasnt stupid he could help the world better than trying to kill superman.. im sure bats could kill superman if he had too.. my opinion idk how superman would fight if he and bats were trying to kill eachother..

#39 Posted by Nessy (600 posts) - - Show Bio

@FMStyyx I Love it when people post that they are drunk on the internet. Coolest thing ever.

#40 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx I Love it when people post that they are drunk on the internet. Coolest thing ever.

i lost my fone and my keys!! i gotta look for them in the morning (its 3 am here) but iwas suppose to have 2 shots. it ended up being more than that!! dnt drink with your female best friend thats hot!!

anyway.. this should have been bats vs lex in chess.. (the reason bats and supes even are partners is bc bats brings the brains and supes brings the brawn) you might not believe supes doesnt bring the brains from his last animated movie superman vs the elites but i know about him.. ive read his stuff.. :(

#41 Posted by Nessy (600 posts) - - Show Bio

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

i lost my fone and my keys!! i gotta look for them in the morning (its 3 am here) but iwas suppose to have 2 shots. it ended up being more than that!! dnt drink with your female best friend thats hot!!

anyway.. this should have been bats vs lex in chess.. (the reason bats and supes even are partners is bc bats brings the brains and supes brings the brawn) you might not believe supes doesnt bring the brains from his last animated movie superman vs the elites but i know about him.. ive read his stuff.. :(

FMStyyx solos vs both by making them cringe to death.

#42 Posted by ShootingNova (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy: LOL.

#43 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

LOL!!

dude i got this Asian friend right.. hes way dangerous in strategy games.. and i usually go up against my brother who is below me by so many levels.. so i got up against this Asian dude.. i call him C.. he go toe to toe in chess all the time.. and man i bought chess 4 (i call it super chess) 4ppl play at one time.. but its usually us 3.. they usually gang up on me bc im the threat and my brother hates losing to me all the time.. but if you capture the king on 1 army you get to control those pieces.. he check mated my bro an took over his peices after that i beat him in 2 moves.. we were both like WTF!!!! but im okay in chess.. but bats man id get owned so hard!!

#44 Posted by FourthDeity (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

People forget Superman has a super-brilliant brain. Batman has better showing, planning-wise. The obvious answer is Batman.

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

LOL!!

dude i got this Asian friend right.. hes way dangerous in strategy games.. and i usually go up against my brother who is below me by so many levels.. so i got up against this Asian dude.. i call him C.. he go toe to toe in chess all the time.. and man i bought chess 4 (i call it super chess) 4ppl play at one time.. but its usually us 3.. they usually gang up on me bc im the threat and my brother hates losing to me all the time.. but if you capture the king on 1 army you get to control those pieces.. he check mated my bro an took over his peices after that i beat him in 2 moves.. we were both like WTF!!!! but im okay in chess.. but bats man id get owned so hard!!

LOL, I killed the same guy three times with Scholar's Mate (Four-move checkmate). Then he said it wasn't fair I was using white, so I used Black, and killed him with the same maneuver.

#46 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

@FMStyyx said:

@Nessy said:

LOL!!

LOL, I killed the same guy three times with Scholar's Mate (Four-move checkmate). Then he said it wasn't fair I was using white, so I used Black, and killed him with the same maneuver.

hey could we play chess on where and post it as abattle?? user vs user and it be with in the rules??

#47 Posted by ShootingNova (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@FMStyyx: Here? How do we play here?

#48 Posted by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@FMStyyx: Here? How do we play here?

im still lookin for a place that has a word based chess game. where letters are the pieces or even the name and we just cut and paste it but i havent found one yet.. if i find one ill pm you and we can start it!

#49 Posted by ShootingNova (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@FMStyyx: Well, maybe in two days time or tomorrow, I have to go soon.

#50 Edited by FMStyyx (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@FMStyyx: Well, maybe in two days time or tomorrow, I have to go soon.

thats cool i work the next 4 days.. on 3rd shift.. (8pm - 6am) so if i find it ill pm you and we can start it when your ready.. id love to play against you!!