• 72 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Hopefully this hasnt been done before, I didnt a search but didnt find it.

Batman (Bruce Wayne) vsSuperman

-Superman with no powers, same physical characteristics as Bruce

-both get a GL ring

-both get 1 month to train in some remote, uninhabited solar system, with 10 planets and an asteroid belt to practice on. =)

-no other prep, equipment, or help allowed. Training is by themselves, but they do get a 10-page "Quick Start" pamphlet explaining how the ring works.

-fight takes place in a remote uninhabited galaxy. They start 1,000,000 km away from each other.

-both bloodlusted. Victory by death, lobotomy, amputation of ring arm, permanent imprisonment inside black hole, or tap out.

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

I say batman

-He has worked closely with many GL and actually come up with plans of actions against GL weaknesses

-Its bruce, the god of will Period.

- Knows Supermans weak points mentaly( and we all know how mental incaptiaion or loses of focus affects the GL Power ring) and BL Batman will not pause in exploiting them :)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Superman.

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Cause he's Superman goddamit.

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

o.o i did not consider that..lol... any real reason?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Saren

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Because the fight is going to involve flying around in space, blowing up stuff and generally exercising a level of power that Superman is comfortable with when he has his powers. I refuse to believe one month is enough time for Batman to overcome a disparity in experience that vast.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000

Superman. He has more will power than Batman....or at least the right type of will....

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Because the fight is going to involve flying around in space, blowing up stuff and generally exercising a level of power that Superman is comfortable with when he has his powers. I refuse to believe one month is enough time for Batman to overcome a disparity in experience that vast.

Supes may be used to the power but as any super fan would know he rarely fights with his Head, bruce on the other hand has gained much experience in a battle on will and mental fortitude, i mean i serioulsy doubt just because boy scout is used to flying around he can beat bats in a mental game. That i refuse to believe.@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Supes is depowered dont forget :)

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman. He has more will power than Batman....or at least the right type of will....

What has superman done to prove he has more will than batman? O.o

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By renamed040924

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Supes may be used to the power but as any super fan would know he rarely fights with his Head, bruce on the other hand has gained much experience in a battle on will and mental fortitude, i mean i serioulsy doubt just because boy scout is used to flying around he can beat bats in a mental game. That i refuse to believe.@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Superman is not doing anything in that picture a normal human isn't capable of.

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Fair enough, but as u said its a picture, i could get tons showing batman wooping supes but in the end they are just pics not scans.

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*and depends what u consider normal

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

Fair enough, but as u said its a picture, i could get tons showing batman wooping supes but in the end they are just pics not scans.

In all seriousness I'd have to go with Batman, just for this

- Batman knows Supermans weak points mentaly( and we all know how mental incaptiaion or loses of focus affects the GL Power ring) and BL Batman will not pause in exploiting them :)

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By The Average Bear

I'm gonna have to go with Batman on this.

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman.

Why?

In all seriousness I'd have to go with Batman, just for this

- Batman knows Supermans weak points mentaly( and we all know how mental incaptiaion or loses of focus affects the GL Power ring) and BL Batman will not pause in exploiting them :)

Well at least with one other person people can not call me crazy on my own :D

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buttersdaman000

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Emperor Joker is the first thing that comes to mind....but I will look for more.

But why do you think that Batman has more will than Superman? Is it because of his long period of training and determination in his war against crime? While it does take a lot of will power to do what Batman does obsession plays just as big a role.

Superman, on the other hand, never gives in to anybody and never quits. How many times has the guy been brainwashed into killing somebody yet refuses, or thrown against vastly stronger enemies yet never gives in? A lot. And he never breaks. Also, I dont remember where I heard/read this, but Superman was actually going to be the Green Lantern of Earth but since he want from that sector the ring chose the best human earth had to offer.

And one more thing...read GL: Rebirth. I have a feeling that a power ring used by Batman will react similar to the one used by Green Arrow

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Emperor Joker is the first thing that comes to mind....but I will look for more.

But why do you think that Batman has more will than Superman? Is it because of his long period of training and determination in his war against crime? While it does take a lot of will power to do what Batman does obsession plays just as big a role.

Superman, on the other hand, never gives in to anybody and never quits. How many times has the guy been brainwashed into killing somebody yet refuses, or thrown against vastly stronger enemies yet never gives in? A lot. And he never breaks. Also, I dont remember where I heard/read this, but Superman was actually going to be the Green Lantern of Earth but since he want from that sector the ring chose the best human earth had to offer.

And one more thing...read GL: Rebirth. I have a feeling that a power ring used by Batman will react similar to the one used by Green Arrow

What did Superman do in Emperor Joker?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000

@nickzambuto:

Its been a while since I read it but basically Joker gained all the powers of a 5th dimensional imp. He warped the world to make Superman seem like a criminal and he kidnapped Batman and tortured and killed him, only to bring him back, for months. At the end of the story Batman's mind was pretty much broken. To save his life, Superman had the Spectre take all of the horrible memories and implant them in his head instead. Superman took it like a boss. Im not really inclined to believe that Superman's will trumps Batmans to that extent but in the end it serves its purpose. Superman will never falter or break no matter what, and while it might seem the same for Batman, he does, in fact, have a breaking point

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Batman, with no other superpowers, he is a better combatant, and if the ring's give out, he's gonna whoop Supes' butt.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000

@The Stegman:

Pretty sure Batman cant even use the ring given that he refuses to get over his parents death (which iirc the ring sees as a form of fear). So technically this would be Green Lantern Kal-El vs Human Bruce Wayne..................>_>

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@nickzambuto:

Its been a while since I read it but basically Joker gained all the powers of a 5th dimensional imp. He warped the world to make Superman seem like a criminal and he kidnapped Batman and tortured and killed him, only to bring him back, for months. At the end of the story Batman's mind was pretty much broken. To save his life, Superman had the Spectre take all of the horrible memories and implant them in his head instead. Superman took it like a boss. Im not really inclined to believe that Superman's will trumps Batmans to that extent but in the end it serves its purpose. Superman will never falter or break no matter what, and while it might seem the same for Batman, he does, in fact, have a breaking point

While that does sound amazingly epic, I really don't like the idea of Batman breaking so easily. I mean, yeah, The Freaking Joker torturing, killing, then bringing you back and repeating for months on end would certainly be taxing to say the least, but that's exactly the kind of stuff Batman was made to deal with.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@buttersdaman000: He's not using his parent's death as a weakness, rather as a driving force, it's one of the strongest bonds that drives his willpower,it's not fear, it's determination.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By buttersdaman000

@nickzambuto:

Yeah, I call BS on that story too, not for the same reason though. Batman didnt break easily. He took it all like a champ, only breaking when it was all over. The only thing that annoyed me is how Superman just took all of Batmans pain like it was nothing. I believe he cried a bit for a couple days or weeks, but nothing really big. While I do believe that Superman has Batman beat in willpower, I just dont think its to that level.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By willpayton

This would be a completely badass battle. I hope we can actually see it in a comic one day.

After some consideration, I think Batman wins.

Why? While both have incredible will power, I think Bruce has more. Lets face it, everything really comes easy for Clark. Yes, he faces opponents that are more powerful and all that, but generally he didnt have to work that hard to become godly powerful. Bruce on the other hand went from a scared kid to becoming one of the smartest, strongest, most capable, most feared, most respected, and most resourceful humans on Earth. He's so formidable that it's generally accepted that he's a bigger threat than even Superman, whenever anyone is facing off against the Justice League. And it took incredible will and determination, basically every day of his life, to get to where he is... and he doesnt rest. He keeps on going, and wont stop, ever.

Secondly, while Clark undoubtedly has a super intellect to go with his super everything else... again, he doesnt have to use it like Bruce has to use his. For Bruce, using his intelligence and constantly planning, thinking and rethinking every possible option for every possible scenario is what he does, all the time. He'll know the capabilities of the ring, and he'll quickly adapt to it, and he wont stop until he can use it to its maximum power, and then he'll try for more. I also wouldnt be surprised if in that month he's able to figure completely new and unique things to do with the ring. In fact after a month, I can see him being able to give lessons on Oa about ways to use the ring that no one ever thought of. Remember, he's already planned for eventualities where he'd have to fight a GL, and win... quickly.

Without Clarks other powers, this becomes a battle of intelligence, resourcefulness, creativity, determination, and will power. Batman basically defines the gold standard of all these things, probably even surpassing Hal in willpower. And so if this is the battle, Bruce wins.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By buttersdaman000

@The Stegman:

Ok, read Green Lantern #9. Batman really can't wield the ring.

And his parents death is the origin of his obsession, the major driving force behind what he does. There's a difference. You wouldnt say the Punisher is a particularly willful guy, would you?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@nickzambuto:

Yeah, I call BS on that story too, not for the same reason though. Batman didnt break easily. He took it all like a champ, only breaking when it was all over. The only thing that annoyed me is how Superman just took all of Batmans pain like it was nothing. I believe he cried a bit for a couple days or weeks, but nothing really big. While I do believe that Superman has Batman beat in willpower, I just dont think its to that level.

Yeah, I agree, it's a very cool idea that I would of liked if it was fine tuned just a bit more.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@The Stegman:

And his parents death is the origin of his obsession, the major driving force behind what he does. There's a difference. You wouldnt say the Punisher is a particularly willful guy, would you?

Well he has shown some pretty impressive pain tolerance feats...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By buttersdaman000

@WillPayton said:

This would be a completely badass battle. I hope we can actually see it in a comic one day.

Why? While both have incredible will power, I think Bruce has more. Lets face it, everything really comes easy for Clark. Yes, he faces opponents that are more powerful and all that, but generally he didnt have to work that hard to become godly powerful. Bruce on the other hand went from a scared kid to becoming one of the smartest, strongest, most capable, most feared, most respected, and most resourceful humans on Earth. He's so formidable that it's generally accepted that he's a bigger threat than even Superman, whenever anyone is facing off against the Justice League. And it took incredible will and determination, basically every day of his life, to get to where he is... and he doesnt rest. He keeps on going, and wont stop, ever.

Secondly, while Clark undoubtedly has a super intellect to go with his super everything else... again, he doesnt have to use it like Bruce has to use his. For Bruce, using his intelligence and constantly planning, thinking and rethinking every possible option for every possible scenario is what he does, all the time. He'll know the capabilities of the ring, and he'll quickly adapt to it, and he wont stop until he can use it to its maximum power, and then he'll try for more. I also wouldnt be surprised if in that month he's able to figure completely new and unique things to do with the ring. In fact after a month, I can see him being able to give lessons on Oa about ways to use the ring that no one ever thought of. Remember, he's already planned for eventualities where he'd have to fight a GL, and win... quickly.

Without Clarks other powers, this becomes a battle of intelligence, resourcefulness, creativity, determination, and will power. Batman basically defines the gold standard of all these things, probably even surpassing Hal in willpower. And so if this is the battle, Bruce wins.

- Yeah and one of the reasons why his will power is great is because everything comes easy for him. I doubt most people, maybe even Batman, would be able to not let such vast power get to them. You know how hard it must be to have the power of a god whilst living among men. Do you know how much will power Superman must posses to not establish a new world order? Actually, wait, Batman couldnt handle it. Im pretty sure there is a Superman/Batman story where Batman gained all of Superman's powers and tried to police the world. So.....yeah...And also, he's obsessed. There is a difference between obsession and will power. Im not saying he lacks will but his obsession and other issues adds to his determination. Its not all sheer willpower like it is with Superman or the Green Lanterns.

- What?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By buttersdaman000

@nickzambuto:

Because he's crazy lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@buttersdaman000:  

In the issue Batman used the ring fine, he conjured Bats at first then his parents, the parents scene wasn't showing he feared their death but rather wasn't ready to ''give up his demons'' which was the vengeance that drove him, it was a choice, not a handicap.   
Anyway Punisher is a willful guy, just...a psychopath as well.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By renamed040924

@buttersdaman000 said:

@WillPayton said:

- Yeah and one of the reasons why his will power is great is because everything comes easy for him. I doubt most people, maybe even Batman, would be able to not let such vast power get to them. You know how hard it must be to have the power of a god whilst living among men. Do you know how much will power Superman must posses to not establish a new world order? Actually, wait, Batman couldnt handle it. Im pretty sure there is a Superman/Batman story where Batman gained all of Superman's powers and tried to police the world. So.....yeah...And also, he's obsessed. There is a difference between obsession and will power. Im not saying he lacks will but his obsession and other issues adds to his determination. Its not all sheer willpower like it is with Superman or the Green Lanterns.

- What?

You got a point there, I know for SURE if I had Superman's powers... a lot of idiots would get what's coming to them... :P jk jk

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

I thought HalJ was the God of Will. Or at least somebody who's already a GL, maybe Sinestro.

Default decision: Superman because Butters made a good point(he is da man), but I'll ride this one out and see what people say. 

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By willpayton

@buttersdaman000 said:

- What?

I'll agree that Clark has will power of the type you describe. But also, he had a very wholesome upbringing, which accounts for a lot of his morality. It's in his nature to be a do-gooder, so I dont see it as such a huge will power feat.

Batman also has the constant temptations of power and of wanting to retaliate with lethal force, but he always resists it. I mean think about it, if Bruce wanted to take over the world, who'd be able to stop him? He's planned ways to take out every member of the League. Given the motivation and time, he could plan a way to take over the world, either through force or through other means.

And I disagree that his memories of his parents deaths motivate him through fear. That's just not right. He didnt become The Punisher after that event, it didnt motivate him to take revenge, which is what you'd expect if it was fear or anger pushing him. He instead decided to fight lethal force with non-lethal force, to fight the moral weakness of the criminals with his own moral strength. It's not fear or anger that motivates him, it's the will to make sure it doesnt happen again. It's the will to make a better world and protect the innocent and weak. If it was fear that drives him, he'd spend every night cowering in his batcave, building ever bigger and more powerful weapons to defend himself... maybe like Iron Man... hmmm. But Batman doesnt really do this, he keeps his basic low-power suit and equipment, and goes out relying on his skills and intelligence to keep him safe. That's not fear.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

He did-not kill Joker when Jason Todd died. It's probably really hard for him not to kill a lot of his enemies. Has Superman ever killed Lex Luthor?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By buttersdaman000

@The Stegman:

Ah so I got the reasoning mixed up. Ok.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By renamed040924

@Zauberin said:

He did-not kill Joker when Jason Todd died. It's probably really hard for him not to kill a lot of his enemies. Has Superman ever killed Lex Luthor?

Not to my knowledge, the only time I can think of was in that episode of Justice League TAS when the alternate reality Superman killed him after he became president and killed Flash.

But really, sparing Lex Luthor is a LOT easier then sparing Joker. Like... A LOT.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By willpayton

@nickzambuto said:

@Zauberin said:

Not to my knowledge, the only time I can think of was in that episode of Justice League TAS when the alternate reality Superman killed him after he became president and killed Flash.

But really, sparing Lex Luthor is a LOT easier then sparing Joker. Like... A LOT.

If I had to deal with the shit that the Joker puts Bats through, I'd have killed him long ago. =)

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator
@nickzambuto

Probably not, from Superman's perspective.

I guess, to the general populace, though, seeing as Joker's a complete menace with nothing els on the side, and Lex has a company and does tech and stuff that they may see as helpful. That part's probably one of the things that makes Superman hate him so much.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By renamed040924

@WillPayton said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Zauberin said:

If I had to deal with the shit that the Joker puts Bats through, I'd have killed him long ago. =)

I may of just killed myself :P

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By renamed040924

@Zauberin said:

@nickzambuto:

Probably not, from Superman's perspective.

I guess, to the general populace, though, seeing as Joker's a complete menace with nothing els on the side, and Lex has a company and does tech and stuff that they may see as helpful. That part's probably one of the things that makes Superman hate him so much.

Still, killing your "son" and crippling your "daughter">>>being popular

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By buttersdaman000

@WillPayton:

I dont see that as a fault on his will. I could almost say the same thing about Bruce. And did you read my post? Batman already tried to police the world....He couldnt handle Supermans powers....Oh, and he's already abused his power before (OMAC, Babel). So I think its safe to say Bruce would crack before Clark.

I said he was obsessed not scared

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator
@nickzambuto
Yeah, that's why I threw in the whole Jason Todd thing. Actually, I'd forgotten about Barbara(stupid me). But Superman doesn't have those connections, which probably makes it less so for him, as Lex has also tried to kill those he loved. But generally, from a character perspective, yeah, the Joker is much worse, even though we as people reading and watching often tend to love him.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheBatman586
No Caption Provided
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By willpayton

@buttersdaman000 said:

@WillPayton:

I dont see that as a fault on his will. I could almost say the same thing about Bruce. And did you read my post? Batman already tried to police the world....He couldnt handle Supermans powers....Oh, and he's already abused his power before (OMAC, Babel). So I think its safe to say Bruce would crack before Clark.

I said he was obsessed not scared

Well I was referring to where you said the ring would see his obsession as a form of fear.

I'm not sure which storyline it is in which Bats tried to police the world. Is it an alternate reality one? AFAIK those arent canon.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By renamed040924

@Zauberin said:

@nickzambuto: Yeah, that's why I threw in the whole Jason Todd thing. Actually, I'd forgotten about Barbara(stupid me). But Superman doesn't have those connections, which probably makes it less so for him, as Lex has also tried to kill those he loved. But generally, from a character perspective, yeah, the Joker is much worse, even though we as people reading and watching often tend to love him.

How could you NOT love that good-hearted grin?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By buttersdaman000

@WillPayton:

Oh, that was a mistake on my part. I got the story confused.

The story is in Superman/Batman 53-56, and im pretty sure its canon.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By willpayton

@buttersdaman000 said:

@WillPayton:

Oh, that was a mistake on my part. I got the story confused.

The story is in Superman/Batman 53-56, and im pretty sure its canon.

Ok thanks. I'm not up on this stuff, too many storylines that have slipped past me. =)