Batman vs Sun Wukong (READ the OP first)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman vs Sun Wukong (READ the OP first) (56 votes)

Batman 20%
Sun Wukong 77%
Too close to call; Stalemate 5%

So here we have a new battle discussion that's never been done before.

New 52 Batman

FIGHTS

Sun Wukong of Journey to the West

RULES

• Batman has THREE MONTHS of prep, this amount of time includes researching on Sun Wukong.
  • Sun Wukong is notified about Batman ONE HOUR in advance, and is informed that Batman captures demons for a living and has many "magical weapons and tricks".
  • Battle is in-character.
  • Version used is New 52 Batman and the Sun Wukong during the pilgrimage itself of the original Journey to the West novel.
  • No help from either side of the battle.
  • No other character will be involved in the battle.
  • Batman has access to any of the technology or equipment that are usable by a human and had been used by him or the Justice League in New 52 continuity.
  • Winner by opponent's death, knock-out or capture (Which opponent cannot escape by himself), so no BFR.
  • Battle takes place across the whole of 7th Century China (Batman time-traveled).

Who wins? READ the OP if you don't know much about Sun Wukong

• 
thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: you're changing your story like a phoniex wright game.

Example?

Sun Wukong freezes Batman with a spell, the proceeds to beat him with a stick. Batman has no feasible way of beating him, regardless of his prep. I mean, what is Bruce supposed to do to someone that is immortal/invulnerable?

1. Sun Wukong doesn't do such a cheap trick unless he is pressed for time or he thinks Batman is beneath his notice or the demon/immortal happened to be immune to that spell.

2. Please don't write it off as a stomp. Remember to read the OP, Sun Wukong has weaknesses.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@thebiggestg: Didn't Sun Wukong jump to the end of the universe in one jump? And in mere moments?

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@thebiggestg: Didn't Sun Wukong jump to the end of the universe in one jump? And in mere moments?

Take into context the time the novel was written. It was 16th century China, there wasn't even a concept of a solar system and the Chinese still believed in a flat earth.

As far as the novel is concerned, the end of their "universe" is the edge of heaven.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Erik

@thebiggestg said:

@erik said:

Take into context the time the novel was written. It was 16th century China, there wasn't even a concept of a solar system and the Chinese still believed in a flat earth.

As far as the novel is concerned, the end of their "universe" is the edge of heaven.

Even taking that into account, there must be some concept of size for their understanding of the universe at the time. A thousand miles or 5.5x10^25 miles, a universe jump is still absurd strength.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thebiggestg: @saren: please lock

Look at all of your comments you change the story every time.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@thebiggestg said:

@erik said:

Even taking that into account, there must be some concept of size for their understanding of the universe at the time. A thousand miles or 5.5x10^25 miles, a universe jump is still absurd strength.

Also, I forgotten to mention that Sun Wukong's jumping/flying ability as described is actually a Chinese hyperbole term.

Thus he may not necessarily literally be able to somersault 108,000 li (around the length of the equator) in a single bound.

The Chinese text merely meant that Sun Wukong can travel far distances very quickly. How fast that is, its unclear as the novel itself wasn't clear on how fast the immortals travelled.

What was however clear, was Wukong's mountain busting, invulnerability to earthly metallic weapons, and being able to use his magic rod to casually pulverize humans into a bloody smear on the ground.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: @saren: please lock

Look at all of your comments you change the story every time.

As far as I'm concerned this thread is a fair battle and I've been consistent with portraying Sun Wukong's and Batman's feats and you've yet provide any evidence that undermined my credibility. Try again.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@thebiggestg said:

@erik said:

Also, I forgotten to mention that Sun Wukong's jumping/flying ability as described is actually a Chinese hyperbole term.

Thus he may not necessarily literally be able to somersault 108,000 li (around the length of the equator) in a single bound.

The Chinese text merely meant that Sun Wukong can travel far distances very quickly. How fast that is, its unclear as the novel itself wasn't clear on how fast the immortals travelled.

What was however clear, was Wukong's mountain busting, invulnerability to earthly metallic weapons, and being able to use his magic rod to casually pulverize humans into a bloody smear on the ground.

I haven't read any original translation text. So can you explain how the feat is hyperbole?

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: I don't have to prove anything you have a batman vs sky father thread.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By thebiggestg

@erik said:

@thebiggestg said:

@erik said:

@thebiggestg said:

@erik said:

I haven't read any original translation text. So can you explain how the feat is hyperbole?

Basically the word "108,000 li" in Chinese was used to refer to "absurdly long distances", it doesn't actually refer to any consistent numerical value. An analogy in English would be a "zillion kilometres".

There's also a story in Journey to the West where Sun Wukong was given 3 days to revive a magical tree and Wukong worries over the time he needs for searching... because he just sought out the God of Longevity and they were unable to find a quick solution.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: I don't have to prove anything you have a batman vs sky father thread.

prove that Sun Wukong is a skyfather. By proof I mean feats from Journey to the West that are comparable to above Iron Man level.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: I DONT NEED TO. PLEASE STOP WHINING AND READ OTHER COMMENTS EVERYONE EVEN PEOPLE WHO KNOW MORE THAN YOU ARE SAYING ITS A STOMP.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: I DONT NEED TO. PLEASE STOP WHINING AND READ OTHER COMMENTS EVERYONE EVEN PEOPLE WHO KNOW MORE THAN YOU ARE SAYING ITS A STOMP.

Yeah right.

I've read the novel and watched several of the live action adaptations, has anyone here who claimed that Sun Wukong's feats are on Zeus/Odin's level did the same as well?

I am guessing not.

Even the most powerful incarnation (2002 Taiwanese-Hong Kong production) didn't even showed regular planetary feats outside of fighting a universal threat.

And here we are talking about the novel version.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: if you know so much more than everyone here than why don't you leave you're obviously superior to us. I'll call the president and tell him to step down cause you'd be so much better

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no version of Sun Wukong in fiction that I can think of off the top of my head that wouldn't destroy Batman in a fight. The original Monkey King from the book doesn't even try and still wins.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: if you know so much more than everyone here than why don't you leave you're obviously superior to us. I'll call the president and tell him to step down cause you'd be so much better

Seems that you're wasting my time here.

Either prove that Sun Wukong have busted anything greater than a city or mountain or just stay away from this thread if you have nothing else to add other than saying "its spite against Batman"

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read Sun Wukongs wiki article....stomp match. You put Batman against a sky father.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: funny still think you're better than everyone. You're still comparing a high mid level vs a street leveler.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By thebiggestg

Just read Sun Wukongs wiki article....stomp match. You put Batman against a sky father.

Which wiki?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Comicdude360

@thebiggestg: lol now you're gonna say that he's wrong but make no real points and go around the topic.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter:

Where in Wikipedia does it imply that Sun Wukong has feats that rival a skyfather as commonly defined on Comicvine?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: He defeated the dragons of the four seas, he forced heaven to accept him as an equal, defeated 100,00 celestial warriors("each fight an equivalent of a cosmic embodiment"), travel 34,000 miles casually, ect. That's just from wikipedia.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: @thebiggestg: uh oh here comes the well they aren't actually that powerful. Come on accept it the monkey wins he isn't a good character but he's powerful.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there Wejun-chew, how are you? Still making terrible threads that embarrasses the rest of your fandom?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: Yeah, the monkey wins. I guess Batman could send him to the Phantom Zone, but I don't see it.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On top of all this it's new 52 bats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: @thebiggestg: uh oh here comes the well they aren't actually that powerful. Come on accept it the monkey wins he isn't a good character but he's powerful.

Actually, I like Sun Wukong better than I do for Batman and Superman, but people are exaggerating his feats way too much.

@thebiggestg: He defeated the dragons of the four seas, he forced heaven to accept him as an equal, defeated 100,00 celestial warriors("each fight an equivalent of a cosmic embodiment"), travel 34,000 miles casually, ect. That's just from wikipedia.

And the feats of the Celestial warriors?

1. Little other than subduing earth-bound demons that Sun Wukong HIMSELF can't handle.
  2. Burning the mountains where Sun Wukong and his monkey demon armies used to live

Yep, cosmic embodiment indeed. I might not be able to remember whether the translated version I read says that the warriors of heaven are cosmic embodiment. But even if they are, the ancient Chinese's definition of Cosmic embodiment differs greatly from that of the cosmic stuff we see in comics.

People, stop raging at me that a prepped Batman is a good match for Sun Wukong, seriously, just read the novel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: I just read the wiki, and it seems like a stomp. Just tell me a way Batman could win.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: A lot of the feats carry over, Batman's continuity is almost entirely intact

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: I just read the wiki, and it seems like a stomp. Just tell me a way Batman could win.

I am the OP, I can't argue for either Batman or Sun Wukong.

But note that Sun Wukong has weaknesses. Batman has managed to incapacitate Superman on certain occasions with kryptonite.

It looks like a stomp ONLY because of the word "cosmic" which the western readers mistakenly think that it equates to comic-level style of feats.

In the novel itself, none of that planet busting, galaxy busting, planet terraforming ever happened.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: Well, you're the only one who says it isn't a stomp, so give me one way Batman could win.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: Well, you're the only one who says it isn't a stomp, so give me one way Batman could win.

The OP had described Sun Wukong's weaknesses.

Sun Wukong was defeated by a young demon named Red Boy, who was the son of his sworn brother Bull Demon King (Which he stalemated with). What did Red Boy do? Blew smoke into Wukong's eyes, forcing him to retreat due to the pain.

Earlier on, he was also forced to retreat after a Marten demon blew magical air that hurt his eyes, which he only recovered after applying some magical medicine via special aid from heaven.

Wukong repeatedly relied on his fellow disciples Wuneng and Wujing for underwater battles. He has only managed to kill minor demons in underwater battles via ambush.

So basically, how Batman can do it is by exploiting Sun Wukong's weaknesses.

Due to Sun Wukong's cunning, it is unlikely for Batman to trick him to fight underwater. So Batman will have to play on Wukong's arrogance and used the smoke weakness that Wukong had.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: So what is Bruce supposed to do after exploiting one of Sun Wukong's weaknesses, assuming he can at all? He still has no way to harm Sun Wukong. I saw you reference Superman's weakness to Kryptonite earlier, and that isn't at all the same thing. There is no way for Batman to win this battle, period.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: So what is Bruce supposed to do after exploiting one of Sun Wukong's weaknesses, assuming he can at all? He still has no way to harm Sun Wukong. I saw you reference Superman's weakness to Kryptonite earlier, and that isn't at all the same thing. There is no way for Batman to win this battle, period.

Eh? Wukong is weak to smoke, and while he is temporarily stunned by the pain, he can be captured. The OP said capture as a winning condition.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 thedailybagel  Moderator

@comicdude360: are you actually going to prove anything the guys asking you to prove? Right now it just seems like your saying that it's spite for no reason other than that everyone else is.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By legacy6364
Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Alakemega123

@thebiggestg: throughout the thread you have been saying that sun wukong is not a skyfather and that he cant beat batman. With prep. Even if thats true you have been consistently saying that he is iron man level and most people on comicvine agree that iron man stomps batman pretty hard and the only way batman would have a chance is hacking tony suit. So its a stomp either way

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm after reading this -_-

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop lowballing Wukong. He can jump the length of the universe, his staff can stretch infinitely, and he has many magical abilities that would wreck Batman.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By thebiggestg

Stop lowballing Wukong. He can jump the length of the universe, his staff can stretch infinitely, and he has many magical abilities that would wreck Batman.

I'm not lowballing him. I'm just stating what he can do. Firstly, the universe for Journey to the West is undefined, so its meaningless to claim that he can jump the length of the universe. Secondly, his staff never stretched infinitely, it only grew to match the sky in height. Thirdly, you're right that he has many magical abilities that can completely overwhelm a human, the only thing is that he doesn't use those abilities right at the start when it comes to a fight - He only does that in desperate measures or if the fight is taking too long.

@thebiggestg: throughout the thread you have been saying that sun wukong is not a skyfather and that he cant beat batman. With prep. Even if thats true you have been consistently saying that he is iron man level and most people on comicvine agree that iron man stomps batman pretty hard and the only way batman would have a chance is hacking tony suit. So its a stomp either way

I'm not saying whether he will or will not win, I am not entirely sure of the outcome which is the reason why I am making this thread in the first place. The only reason I'm arguing against others on this is because they were saying that this is a mismatch and spite against Batman which I disagree.

I might take back my words a little for claiming Wukong is Iron Man level. His destructive feats are definitely around that of a high-end Iron Man, but his durability and strength feats place him on DCAU Superman level.

As for Iron Man beating Batman, yes that's very possible. However, Batman depending on the scenario can beat Iron Man too. Remember Batman tinkers with armor as well. If we want to be pendantic about this, I feel we should lock any Batman vs Iron Man and Batman vs Superman threads because Batman is obviously below these two characters' power classification. Just tell me, why haven't they been locked?

@comicdude360: are you actually going to prove anything the guys asking you to prove? Right now it just seems like your saying that it's spite for no reason other than that everyone else is.

Yes. Batman with prep tangled with Superman-level beings and lived to tell the tale. I am able to list and describe specific feats in the novel that demonstrates Wukong's around DCAU Superman level, are you able to list any feats that demonstrated that ANY characters in Journey to the West are on planetary or above?

Really, I read the past threads and people actually had the audacity to claim that Sun Wukong can fight Thanos or even get the better of Galactus... LOL. Did you guys mistaken this for DBZ Goku or what?

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumpity bump

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: why bump this. Make a more fair thread with the monkey in it against someone more powerful.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master chief rapes that thing. I don't care if that's not the topic.

flagged.

Stay on topic.

@thebiggestg: why bump this. Make a more fair thread with the monkey in it against someone more powerful.

I gave Batman prep

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: STILL IF YOU NEED TO JUICE B-MAN UP THAT MUCH ITS NOT WORTH A BATTLE.