batman vs spiderman

babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By babylinkz

this is a battle of respect.....witch charcter should get more respect from the public .....thoughts ?

babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By babylinkz

the public within their individual worlds

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Both are awesome. It's hard to say who should be more respected given their achievements through the years.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp

Batman. He's achieved more with the cards he was given.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nickthedevil

@ReVamp said:

thats because he's been given ALL the cards.

while batman had nothing better to do except sit in his batcave training, or inventing stuff, spidey was keeping up with a social life, taking care of his aunt may, working on school work, saving lives

through complete determination, he gets past the odds... WITH or WITHOUT prep.

Spidey isn't self-destructive, he is still is very well liked in the hero community... Batman's a D-bag.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

while batman had nothing better to do except sit in his batcave training, or inventing stuff

Spidey isn't self-destructive, he is still is very well liked in the hero community... Batman's a D-bag.

Regardless of what he is, Batman is a normal Human being and he confronts head to head with gods, aliens and all that stuff. Read the 90s JLA and you'll know what I mean. His horizons are much broader. I don't know why you think personality has anything to do with it though...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

while batman had nothing better to do except sit in his batcave training, or inventing stuff

Regardless of what he is, Batman is a normal Human being and he confronts head to head with gods, aliens and all that stuff. Read the 90s JLA and you'll know what I mean. His horizons are much broader. I don't know why you think personality has anything to do with it though...

in regards to public opinion? yea, it really does matter.

EDIT: Spidey told off Dr. Doom before, IN HIS FACE and Doom didn't do anything to him... said he appreciated him, and repsected him.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Saren

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

EDIT: Spidey told off Dr. Doom before, IN HIS FACE and Doom didn't do anything to him... said he appreciated him, and repsected him.

Batman has earned Darkseid's respect. The lord of Apokolips actually commended his strategic skill.

With regard to the OP, I vote Spider-Man. Peter's built himself up from nothing to what he is today. Bruce is awesome but he's always had the Wayne fortune to back him.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

@CitizenBane said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

Batman has earned Darkseid's respect. The lord of Apokolips actually commended his strategic skill.

With regards to the OP, I vote Spider-Man. Peter's built himself up from nothing to what he is today. Bruce is awesome but he's always had the Wayne fortune to back him.

ditto, don't get me wrong, i've been a batman fanboy since i was 6, but come on.... spidey definately deserves more in regards to PR

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

With regard to the OP, I vote Spider-Man. Peter's built himself up from nothing to what he is today. Bruce is awesome but he's always had the Wayne fortune to back him.

Wait, is the public like, our public in RL or the public in comic book-dom?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

@ReVamp said:

@CitizenBane said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

Wait, is the public like, our public in RL or the public in comic book-dom?

public in their own respective worlds.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kcaz

of course batman deserves more respect. he fought off guys with superpowers with nothing but his wits, body and will.he gained the respect of darkseid,amanda waller and others. if he was given superpowers,like becoming a green lantern, he will be unstoppable

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

Ah. Spiderman then.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Tough one. Spider-Man has been the people's hero and has given a nice flamboyant persona and has tackled much tougher battles. NYC have gotten to love him and respect him. Batman is a-lot more serious and takes life more seriously, he has a dangerous approach to criminals and usually scares the crap out of them. Batman is quite antisocial and it takes time for him to trust you. Don't be fooled by my avatar, I like Batman a bit more than Spider-Man. But Wayne was always born into a Billion Dollar fortune, Spider-Man was a teenager when he first became Spider-Man and was just a normal person.  

I'd have to say Spider-Man deserves more respect from the public within his Universe because he has taken tougher battles and hasn't a fortune to back him. But from the reader I say Batman.

babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By babylinkz

its a tuff call..........spidey gots power unlike bat, but bat has was given a head start with money and an easy life, time to train and plan and money to waste to create weapons that make fighting easy. spider man i think started off fighting big power villins were as batman started off with street levelers...if that helps . intrested to hear more of people thoughts

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rpgr

I say Peter, Batman getting too much respect actually works against his way of operation. Peter is more like Dick than Bruce. With Bruce, he needs that fear to gain respect of criminals, fear and public respect don't go hand in hand. Bruce goes overboard to seriously hurt (but not kill) his targets.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By KainScion

@kcaz: really ?? again with the unstoppable GL? if they're so ALMIGHTY, so POWERFUL with the hell do they keep losing battles??!?! the only truly amazing GL feat i've seen (and is truly how he does it, not fanboy PIS) is Sinestro from the new line. he restored a brigde, saved everybody, humiliated hal in a blink of an eye. the rest are just punks.

as for the topic, petey gets my vote. he started being spider-man in high-school. a teenager. he was still an A+ student. no money, had to take care of May, and ocasionally had a girlfriend. bruce had all that money, all that time and when did he start fighting crime?? at least in his 30s. oh and peter didnt even have a fancy teachers and trainers. nope good old fashion will. and he is liked by everybody!! so respect spidey!! batman you douche.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kcaz
@KainScion said:

@kcaz: really ?? again with the unstoppable GL? if they're so ALMIGHTY, so POWERFUL with the hell do they keep losing battles??!?! the only truly amazing GL feat i've seen (and is truly how he does it, not fanboy PIS) is Sinestro from the new line. he restored a brigde, saved everybody, humiliated hal in a blink of an eye. the rest are just punks.

as for the topic, petey gets my vote. he started being spider-man in high-school. a teenager. he was still an A+ student. no money, had to take care of May, and ocasionally had a girlfriend. bruce had all that money, all that time and when did he start fighting crime?? at least in his 30s. oh and peter didnt even have a fancy teachers and trainers. nope good old fashion will. and he is liked by everybody!! so respect spidey!! batman you douche.

i did not say unstoppable GL. i just said that it was one of many way batman can get superpowers. GLs are powerful but they are not the best. GLs are only as powerful as their own minds. if they have very strong, unbreakable will, their beams are powerful. if not, the beam are weak.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

@kcaz said:

@KainScion said:

i did not say unstoppable GL. i just said that it was one of many way batman can get superpowers. GLs are powerful but they are not the best. GLs are only as powerful as their own minds. if they have very strong, unbreakable will, their beams are powerful. if not, the beam are weak.

You didn't really need to defend your opinion; if anyone says a DC character is strong or powerful KainScion considers it a personal offense.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KainScion

@CitizenBane: oh please. you are the most narrow minded person on the vine. so shut up about me. i just wanted to point out that they are not invincible, that from what i've seen and read they get they asses handed to them a lot and that whenever anybody sees a battle with a GL involved they think of that GL as the most willful person in the universe or blitzes or something idiotic. i just wanted to point out that. and yeah, you kinda have to defend your statements with at least logic or examples or something. unlike how you do it. you say it the mother f'in truth. god said to you and we idiots just have to take your word for it, no doubt, no questions. i will not!

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KainScion

@kcaz: thank you for your input and clarification.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Saren

@KainScion said:

@CitizenBane: oh please. you are the most narrow minded person on the vine. so shut up about me. i just wanted to point out that they are not invincible, that from what i've seen and read they get they asses handed to them a lot and that whenever anybody sees a battle with a GL involved they think of that GL as the most willful person in the universe or blitzes or something idiotic. i just wanted to point out that. and yeah, you kinda have to defend your statements with at least logic or examples or something. unlike how you do it. you say it the mother f'in truth. god said to you and we idiots just have to take your word for it, no doubt, no questions. i will not!

I don't see how I'm the most narrow minded person on the Vine while you're hanging around. No one with any sense thinks GL's are invincible or that they are the most powerful beings in the universe. Show me threads where people have claimed that. Live up to your own words, defend your statement if you can. I can throw logic and examples at you all day long. The only thing you ever do on this site is run around whining about how DC characters are overrated, and then act surprised when people label it idiocy. Please show me where I've claimed things without logic or examples. I'd like to see this. If you can't, which you can't, quit while you have some semblance of dignity.

You will not? Good for you. I'm out of cookies, though.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KainScion

@CitizenBane: check your posts. you'll see it. and i admit i'm a little hatin when it comes to DC, but who isnt?? but there are some dc characters i have much love for.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@KainScion said:

@CitizenBane: check your posts. you'll see it. and i admit i'm a little hatin when it comes to DC, but who isnt?? but there are some dc characters i have much love for.

That's a very convenient way to say "I was talking out of my ass, I have no proof for anything I said". I know my posts better than anyone else on this site. I don't need to check them.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nefarious

Spider-Man FTW.

zigzag321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zigzag321

@babylinkz: batman, an easy life?? his parents where gunned downed right in front of his eyes and he lived alone with only alfred to keep him company. do u call that an easy life?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

spiderman

Avatar image for huntress_of_the_dark
Huntress_of_the_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman will win. Parker is to mentally unstable to put up any good strategies against Batman.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PikminMania

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

He didn't do anything except completely wreck Spider-man in a fight and showed him that he is nothing compared to DOOM!! I'm referring to the classic Spider-man #5

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PikminMania

@KainScion said:

Someone needs to take a chillpill.. geez buddy

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BringnIt

@PikminMania said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

He didn't do anything except completely wreck Spider-man in a fight and showed him that he is nothing compared to DOOM!! I'm referring to the classic Spider-man #5

From what I recall that battle was basically a draw?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Morpheus_ said:

Both are awesome. It's hard to say who should be more respected given their achievements through the years.

I agree with this.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Dex_Starr

@CitizenBane said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

@nickthedevil said:

@ReVamp said:

He did get that radioactive spider for free though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jashro44

I like the web head a bit more...But I have respect for both. There both simply awesome. This is a draw for sure imo. They were inspired by the same thing (the death of a loved one*s*) and they both have some pretty insane will power as well.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PikminMania

@BringnIt: The fight ended with Spider-man on the ground about to be destroyed by Doom. The FF came though, so Doom left the scene. As a matter of fact, throughout the whole issue Dr. Doom was pwning Spider-man, all Spidey did was get one hit in.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jeanroygrant

spidey

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By Typhenstein

this one is a hard one, both are good in there own rights, I'd like to see Bats when but I think Spidey might have too many tricks up his webs.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jojjimbo

Both.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers