Final Bump yall .... keep hope for good threads alive

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

bump

#52 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman:

Yeah bump ... I found a way to keep my threads alive forever

#53 Edited by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: said-

PS: I know it's a lot to read, but fo real ... man the hell up and read it.

Ok let's give this a shot.

First round - Since the motion detector only alert Sonny, Bruce is going to trash that plan and rely on sound movement and the trail of robo blood leaking from the injury. With stealth and the grapple gun he will quickly survey the factory. Even though Sonny can blend in, Batman superb training, and the fact that the NS5's are spaced out. Using the birds eye view of the factory he spots Sonny. When he gets close, Sonny will turn around only to see nothing as Batman activates his cloaking device, he then surveys Sonny for weakness (exposed joints) and will notice it's injury and plan the best way to attack. Batman then stealth attacks from the ceiling right landing a kick onto Sonny's injury, making the injury all the worse and easier for Sonny to be taken down. This will take 10 minutes at most.

Dazed and confused Batman lands a couple of blows to the chest and face. Realizing his metallic alloy is durable, he then tests a few Batarangs on Sonny, but to no avail.

Noting Sonny's leg injury, Batman will rely on agility to avoid Sonny's strength and use smoke pellets when necessary. After landing continuous blows to his injury and joints to slow Sonny down further. Batman will take out Bola's and bring Sonny down. When he's done Batman will then take the explosive grenade and put it to his other leg effectively blowing it off (Since Morals don't apply).

He then wraps the bleeding Sonny in his cape and makes a clean get away with around 2 minutes to spare. Batman takes round 1.

I will answer the Bonus later.

#54 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: said-

PS: I know it's a lot to read, but fo real ... man the hell up and read it.

Ok let's give this a shot.

First round - Since the motion detector only alert Sonny, Bruce is going to trash that plan and rely on sound movement and the trail of robo blood leaking from the injury. With stealth and the grapple gun he will quickly survey the factory. Even though Sonny can blend in, Batman superb training, and the fact that the NS5's are spaced out. Using the birds eye view of the factory he spots Sonny. When he gets close, Sonny will turn around only to see nothing as Batman activates his cloaking device, he then surveys Sonny for weakness (exposed joints) and will notice it's injury and plan the best way to attack. Batman then stealth attacks from the ceiling right landing a kick onto Sonny's injury, making the injury all the worse and easier for Sonny to be taken down. This will take 10 minutes at most.

Dazed and confused Batman lands a couple of blows to the chest and face. Realizing his metallic alloy is durable, he then tests a few Batarangs on Sonny, but to no avail.

Noting Sonny's leg injury, Batman will rely on agility to avoid Sonny's strength and use smoke pellets when necessary. After landing continuous blows to his injury and joints to slow Sonny down further. Batman will take out Bola's and bring Sonny down. When he's done Batman will then take the explosive grenade and put it to his other leg effectively blowing it off (Since Morals don't apply).

He then wraps the bleeding Sonny in his cape and makes a clean get away with around 2 minutes to spare. Batman takes round 1.

I will answer the Bonus later.

#55 Edited by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Bonus Round-

With Sonny's injury repaired, Batman knows that Sonny is going to be more useful with a Shotgun then Alfred, and gives the shotgun to Sonny. While NS4 Alfred relies on his superior H2h skills, to bring the robots down. Batman also hands Alfred bot 2 batarangs for effective at slicing joints.

As soon as the fight starts Batman releases a smoke pellet, and Batman, Alfred and Sonny get up close releasing shotgun shells and superior martial arts to destroy the first wave of NS5's. With Batman's impressive strength, and his 127 martial arts he has no trouble keeping up with Alfred and Sonny taking down the NS5's. When the second wave comes, they rinse and repeat the same strategy with the last remaining smoke bombs. Effectively killing 6 minutes out of the 20.

While the other waves come the 3 rely on distance and speed. Batman treats the NS5's as the superhumans he faces keeps the robots at bay with explosives and Cyro capsules, while Sonny attack from the sides, hitting them with Shotgun shells. Since the team can't be harmed by each other attacks, Alfred mainly lures them into a tight group while Batman grapple guns and rains hell with Explosive and Cyro Capsules.

Unfortunately due to Alfred's risky position fighting in the heart of the robots he probably won't survive. +(

Although Batman fights outnumbered on a regular basis and always takes the down the villains even with morals on. Batman can go toe to toe with superhumans, morals off and he's deadly. This battle would be no exception.

Batman takes the bonus round as well.

#56 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX:

Impressive ....

#57 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Time for my intervention! With this setup, it's a shame it's only at 3 pages.

Round 1 - Obviously Sonny has plenty of advantages in this environment what with being able to blend into the environment and the abiliy to pull a surprise attack on Batman like he did with Spooner. And if Bruce doesn't want to destroy the other NS5's then that could give Sonny time to come around and attack Batman. However, he is weakened from that gunshot. And Batman does possess a cloaking device to perhaps hide so that Sonny thinks the coast is clear and then surprise Sonny with a batarang, bola or explosive grenade. Also, with Bruce's knowledge of Sonny's weak spots and willingness to destroy him if necessary, the odds are more in Batman's favour than Sonny's. Besides Bruce has a plethora of feats in dealing with enhanced humans. Whilst he is a prep god, he's good with thinking of strategies on the go too. I say Batman could KO or seriously injure Sonny.

Bonus Round - I don't think the NS4's have good combat feats as the NS5s tore through them in that robot yard so it's good you gave Alfred good H2H skills. However, should Alfred be dispatched and if Sonny picks up the shotgun, he can do some serious damage. And he can handle himself against multiple NS5s well. The movie showed that. And I'm sure Batman will be fine too. However the ever increasing numbers of NS5s could be trouble. It would be hard and given his lower strength, speed and durability, Alfred could bite the dust here. But Batman and Sonny should be able to stay alive for 15 minutes to allow for reinforcements.

Nice thread man really got me thinking about a strategy!

@XImpossibruX said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Bonus Round-

With Sonny's injury repaired, Batman knows that Sonny is going to be more useful with a Shotgun then Alfred, and gives the shotgun to Sonny. While NS4 Alfred relies on his superior H2h skills, to bring the robots down. Batman also hands Alfred bot 2 batarangs for effective at slicing joints.

As soon as the fight starts Batman releases a smoke pellet, and Batman, Alfred and Sonny get up close releasing shotgun shells and superior martial arts to destroy the first wave of NS5's. With Batman's impressive strength, and his 127 martial arts he has no trouble keeping up with Alfred and Sonny taking down the NS5's. When the second wave comes, they rinse and repeat the same strategy with the last remaining smoke bombs. Effectively killing 6 minutes out of the 20.

While the other waves come the 3 rely on distance and speed. Batman treats the NS5's as the superhumans he faces keeps the robots at bay with explosives and Cyro capsules, while Sonny attack from the sides, hitting them with Shotgun shells. Since the team can't be harmed by each other attacks, Alfred mainly lures them into a tight group while Batman grapple guns and rains hell with Explosive and Cyro Capsules.

Unfortunately due to Alfred's risky position fighting in the heart of the robots he probably won't survive. +(

Although Batman fights outnumbered on a regular basis and always takes the down the villains even with morals on. Batman can go toe to toe with superhumans, morals off and he's deadly. This battle would be no exception.

Batman takes the bonus round as well.

You two should get an award for these posts. Follows for you!

#58 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

I am thinking of continuing and expanding on this idea of Batman in alternate dimensions, flung around the stream of time and space by Darkseid and his Omega Sanction. I might even write a fan fiction about it ... but for now I'll just make battle threads pertaining to Bruce Wayne's involvement in the "I, Robot" universe ... having to team up with Detective Spooner (who would act as his this universe's Jim Gordon) and Doctor Calvin who would act as this universe's Lucius Fox. Sonny, well, I don't know who's role he could fit into. Perhaps his role is his own, but that aside, this thread although partially neglected and short, has yielded the most elaborate and thought out arguments in any thread I've ever made to date as well as many threads I've seen on the forums so far. I salute the posters who took the time and read the OP carefully and take into consideration all the different conditions added to this battle, my faith in Comic Vine's debating community is restored. If only everyone had the aptitude to write coherent and thought out arguments as well as you few and the other upstanding members of this site. Anyway, thank you all who participated, for putting some time and effort into your posts and restoring a troubled Viner's faith in good debating.

*rant over*

#59 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: You should definitely make more threads like these. They actually require you to think, and make up an explanation and strategy. Kudos to you for great thread ^^.

Also a fanfiction would be interesting.

#60 Posted by Lvenger (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: I'd be glad to take part in more threads like this. And maybe Sonny could be Batman's robotic Robin or Nightwing or perhaps Jason Todd? :P

@XImpossibruX: Nice outline of the fight. Wish I'd gone into more detail with my strategy now.

#61 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: I'd be glad to take part in more threads like this. And maybe Sonny could be Batman's robotic Robin or Nightwing or perhaps Jason Todd? :P

@XImpossibruX: Nice outline of the fight. Wish I'd gone into more detail with my strategy now.

Thank you, your post inspired me to write my own strategy of the fight =)

#62 Posted by Dr_Strangelove_ (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going with Sonny in this fight. A normal NS5 already outclasses Batman in virtually every department. Not to mention Sonny's durability and strength were slightly upgraded as mentioned. Even through Sonny is "wounded" its too difficult to tell if that will have any effect on his combat. As far as /i could tell it didn't have any major effect before the repair.

#63 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

#64 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania:

They were in the Doc's lab. The chick was tellin' Spooner that the doc jumped through the window. Spooner then tried to break the window with the chair and when he couldn't do it, he was like..how the hell an old man gonna break that. When chick tried tellin' him that no one else came out of the room. He figured out that whoever killed Landing was still in the room. Then he started checkin' around and Sonny jumped out.

When they caught up to him in the warehouse, Spooner started blasting robots in the face. Sonny peeked his head out and then Spooner ran after him. It's been a few years since I've seen the movie so I might have that wrong.

#65 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than the physical attributes (which can easily be overcome), the only thing Sonny has going for him in round 1 is that Bruce doesn't want to damage the other bots. But he probably won't pick up on that. I could see him tossing Bats around tho. But as he only wants to get away, he'll try to retreat. Batman has plenty of options. He can hit him with a tracer. Or just target him with an explosive Batrang or just restrain him with the bolo.

#66 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I was honestly too lazy to read after the first three lines, but I'll just go ahead and

#67 Posted by PALADIN_ (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonny can blitz batman he dogged bullets I think.

#68 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@PALADIN_:

Nah..he go shot by Spooner when he jumped out the window, remember?

#69 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@PALADIN_ said:

So has Batman

#70 Posted by PALADIN_ (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaAwesome2 said:

@PALADIN_:

Nah..he go shot by Spooner when he jumped out the window, remember?

There was another scene where he dogged a bullet, I guess really it depends if Sonny has time to react in that scene he wasn't in a good place to doge bullets

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@PALADIN_ said:

So has Batman

No he's dogged the direction of where the gun is being aimed at, Sonny actually avoids the bullets after it's fired at him and in his path although he still gets tagged.

#71 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@PALADIN_:

Batman ducks under a sniper bullet fired by Deadshot at close range, then KOs him:

Bats dodges bullets fired at close range by mobsters:

Batman dodges gunfire from a gatling gun which can fire bullets at 5000 rounds per minute:

You were saying?

#72 Edited by PALADIN_ (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@PALADIN_:

Batman ducks under a sniper bullet fired by Deadshot at close range, then KOs him:

Bats dodges bullets fired at close range by mobsters:

Batman dodges gunfire from a gatling gun which can fire bullets at 5000 rounds per minute:

You were saying?

None of those scans of him are dogging the bullets,

in the first scan he's ducking before Dead Shot fires which is null anyway since Dead Shot says he pulls back on his shots

in the second one he's just blitzing frightened and caught off guard mafia members who aren't even aiming

in the third we don't see batman dogging them just disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

#73 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@PALADIN_:

Batman is able to dodge a sniper bullet after it's fired, and then take down the gunman with a few batarangs (despite the fact that the shooter is a hundred feet away or so):

Dodges gunfire in an enclosed environment, and is able to duck under bullets, matrix style :D

Batman dodges bullets fired from a SMG, closes the gap and takes down the gunman:

Orly?

#74 Posted by PALADIN_ (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days:I'll contender that soon.

but I'd like to mention something about the first image of him dogging the sniper rifle bullet,

we don't know if he threw the batarangs after or before the bullet was shot.

#75 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

I have no idea why.

#76 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@PALADIN_ said:

@Ancient_0f_Days:

but I'd like to mention something about the first image of him dogging the sniper rifle bullet,

we don't know if he threw the batarangs after or before the bullet was shot.

then you didn't even read it fully, "he hears the think bounce of air and reacts instantly" he heard the shot and reacted without even looking at the shooter, dodged the bullet and tossed the batarang on one move .... now, you were saying? oh yeah...

@PALADIN_ said:

No he's dogged the direction of where the gun is being aimed at, Sonny actually avoids the bullets after it's fired at him and in his path although he still gets tagged.

Yeah, about that......lol

#78 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

Time for one more revival, since the crowd has changed up a bit.....I wan't to see some more opinions, besides, this thread did much better than the other two I Robot/Batman threads

Bump

#79 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7412 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. A punch from sunny shouldn't mean instant ko for batman(but he should avoid them) which will allow him to cut a few joints.

#80 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman maybe.

#81 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by XLR87T3 (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

@imbackwimps said:

Batman can win and no more bumps please give it a rest

i can bump this thread as much as I please ... I'm only bumping one thread, a fairly good thread, unlike all the crap threads that go on forever due to fanboyism and bias. This thread forces people to think as apposed to simply dropping two words in and calling it an argument ..... PFFT give it a rest ....

All my threads are like this. I just can't stand a meaningless fight without a story behind it or even a reason. People are losing touch with their imaginations and just getting too lazy.

#83 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

All my threads are like this. I just can't stand a meaningless fight without a story behind it or even a reason. People are losing touch with their imaginations and just getting too lazy.

Depending on the fight, I can deal with it not having a story. But when there's some thought put behind a thread and there's some good stuff in there, it's too interesting to pass up. Erik's battle scenario: Capes is one such thread, it doesn't have a huge story behind it or anything but it is definitely got the impact of an interesting and engaging set up. That's what we need to see in more threads normally IMO but as long as the thread is good and original, I wont complain.

Anyway, who do you think wins the fight and bonus?

#85 Posted by Killerwasp (4084 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: great battle man, i mite be leaning towards batman though, due to his combat experience, detective skills, and gadgets now granted i know these wont be super effective, but i believe he edges it out over spooner. however, if batman gets too close does sonny run like he did with spooner or does he have to stay? and such. However, i think the batman can win over him in a great fight. A+ for creativity i was thinking about making a serious thread with him and a couple other people and as well. Anyway what brought u up on this idea? Just a random thought about a battle that hasn't really been done before?

#86 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12021 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp said:

@ancient_0f_days: great battle man, i mite be leaning towards batman though, due to his combat experience, detective skills, and gadgets now granted i know these wont be super effective, but i believe he edges it out over spooner. however, if batman gets too close does sonny run like he did with spooner or does he have to stay? and such. However, i think the batman can win over him in a great fight.

Well, Sonny can do whatever fits the situation here since it is in his character to run or attack (he's also quite crafty and resourceful so anything can happen). Either hide or move about the NS5s, think about Batman Begins when Bruce was in the League of Shadows being tested.

Since this is comic Batman in a robot factory, things will be a bit different (like how the NS5s won't be moving for the most part and there are more of them). But yeah, Sonny is basically Liam Neeson moving through the crowd of lookalikes waiting for a moment to run or strike.

@killerwasp said:

@ancient_0f_days: A+ for creativity i was thinking about making a serious thread with him and a couple other people and as well. Anyway what brought u up on this idea? Just a random thought about a battle that hasn't really been done before?

I was just thinking about Sonny I guess and wondering if he'd been put in any battles, didn't see many for him so I decided to put him against Batman and while I was thinking about it I decided to day dream about what if Batman was in the movie. It was a badass dream so I typed some of it out, saw some awesome pictures for a furutistic looking Batman on the internet and made the thread. I had to rewatch some of i, Robot of course.

#87 Posted by Killerwasp (4084 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: ah, and yeah ik, just curious though was wondering, that movie was so amazing i hate how they never made a new one, but eh o well thats life.