• 75 results
#1 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman during his time in the Omega Sanction is moving forward through the timestream faster than usual. His progression accelerates at an alarming speed, so much so that he is thrown completely out of the DC universe and into 2035 Chicago Illinois, where Robots are treated like butlers and servants. Everyone seemed to have one in their home so in order to "get with the times", Bruce goes so far as to buy an NS4 Robot, reprogram it, install combat/medical/repair functions, and basically make his own Alfred out of it. After a few months of getting acquainted with this new timeline, Dr. Alfred Lanning, the co-founder of U.S. Robotics (USR) and its main roboticist, dies after falling several stories from his office window. His death is called a suicide, but Bruce Wayne, who is a master detective and has seen things like this in his own timeline before, believes otherwise. That afternoon, he decides to study the new NS5 Robots thoroughly. The next evening, Bruce sees an urgent news flash on television. A wounded NS5 prototype was seen fleeing the Lanning suicide crime scene, it was later spotted heading towards a nearby USR assembly factory. Bruce geared up in his newly upgraded Bat-suit, using reinforced NS4 Robot armor parts and protective kevlar flex suit, and headed towards the assembly factory in his new Bat-mobile. He arrives much earlier than Detective Spooner and Doctor Calvin who are stuck in traffic. When Bruce arrives, the factory is cold and dark. He hears the echo of footsteps and robotic joints moving but as he activates his motion sensor, they subside. He turns on the lights and as he gazed at the sea of NS5 Robots, he sighed with an annoyed look on his face realizing he was looking for a needle in a haystack. He also knew that if he came into close contact with the prime suspect, that he could be in serious trouble. Batman begun his search for the rouge android, ready to run the potential risks of facing a desperate robot with it's back to the wall, alone.

Sonny is hiding in the factory among the multitude of deactivated NS5 Robots.

VS

Batman starts at the entrance.

Can Batman find and capture the rouge machine before Detective Spooner and Doctor Calvin arrive in 30 minutes? Can Sonny evade the Dark Knight and elude prosecution for his master's murder. Can either of them escape the factory and resist being caught by the Chicago Police Force?

Conditions:

• - Pre-52 Batman
  • - Batman has prior knowledge of how NS5 robots function thus knowledge of their weak spots and body language, but has no prep before hand.
  • - Batman's equipment consists of 10 Batarangs, 2 Bolas, 1 pair of Bat-Cuffs, 1 Explosive Grenade (5ft radius) and 2 Smoke Bombs (7ft radius), Grapple Gun, Motion Sensor, Cloaking Device (deactivates upon movement).
  • Batman doesn't want to make a mess or alert the cops of his presence there should they arrive, so he will not wan't to cause any unnecessary damage to the other NS5 Robots or the factory itself.
  • Sonny was created with denser metallic alloy than his commercialized counterparts on his head, chest, forearms and forelegs, making him moderately bullet proof and blast resistant except for exposed joint areas. He is also inhumanly strong and agile, more so than the conventional NS5 as well.
  • - Sonny is injured from having been shot in the leg by Spooner earlier that day and will not be functioning at his fullest potential, slight amounts of robo blood will secrete from the wound.
  • - Sonny will start out blending in with the other NS5s in the factory and can retreat within the mass to avoid detection from Batman
  • - Batman only sees Sonny as a machine and as such, has no qualms about killing him if necessary thus morals do not apply for Batman.
  • - Sonny does not kill humans, but he doesn't mind seriously injuring Batman if he gets in his way thus morals apply for Sonny.
  • Robotic parts and tools litter the factory and can be used as melee weapons or projectiles, as well as any functioning machinery that may prove hazardous to either opponent.
  • - KO/Incapacitation/Deactivation count as a win, obviously there is no BFR since they are in an enclosed space.

Bonus:

Viki, who had been monitoring Batman's presence in Chicago the day he showed up, decides that he is a threat and might interfere with her plot to seize control of the city, so she activates 20 NS5 Robots in the factory to deal with both Bruce and Sonny. Little did she know, Batman's NS4 Robot Alfred was watching from outside the factory window as backup and as a lookout, noticing the activation and hostile red glow of the NS5 Robots from afar. Before his master could be overwhelmed by the cybernetic assassins, Alfred, who is armed with a pump action shotgun, smashed through the factory window and begun fighting off several of the NS5s. Sonny, who is still hiding, witnesses the other robots attacking his pursuer and instead of using this as a chance to escape, he chooses to fight along side the human instead, even if it means captivity afterwards. Alfred notices fuel leaking from the friendly NS5 Robot and temporarily seals the wound, it is only a quick fix and may not last but it'll have to do for the time being. They steel themselves for the oncoming horde of NS5 Robots....

VS

Can they defend themselves from the onslaught of new gen NS5 robots long enough for Detective Spooner and Doctor Calvin to arrive with the police in 20 minutes?

Conditions:

• - Pre-52 Batman
  • - Batman has prior knowledge of how NS5 robots function thus knowledge of their weak spots and body language, but has no prep before hand.
  • - Batman's equipment consists of 30 Batarangs, 20 Bolas, 10 Explosive Grenades (5ft radius), 5 Cryo Capsules (4ft radius), 5 Smoke Bombs (7ft radius), 3 EMPs (6ft radius) Grapple Gun, Motion Sensor and Cloaking Device (deactivates upon movement).
  • Batman doesn't care about making a mess or alerting the cops of his presence there should they arrive.
  • Sonny was created with denser metallic alloy than his commercialized counterparts on his head, chest, forearms and forelegs, making him bullet proof except for exposed joint areas. He is also inhumanly strong and agile, more so than the conventional NS5 as well.
  • - Sonny is no longer injured from having been shot in the leg by Spooner and has since made repaired himself in the factory, so he will be functioning at his fullest potential.
  • Alfred was modified with thicker titanium alloy, making him more resistant to damage than a conventional NS4 Robot and is even more protected than a regular NS5 Robot. He is slightly less strong, fast and durable as Sonny, but is more skilled in h2h combat, knows the NS5's weak spots, carries a med-kit and has 45 shotgun slugs with 20 explosive shells (1ft radius).
  • - Batman is fighting for his life and has no qualms about killing these NS5 Robots if necessary, thus morals do not apply for Batman.
  • - Sonny and Alfred will defend humans at all costs and doesn't mind wrecking another Robot to keep Batman alive, thus morals do not apply for Sonny or Alfred.
  • These NS5 Robot assassins are ordered by Viki to kill Batman and remove anyone else who gets in their way, they are all blood-lusted and 15 more activate every 3 minutes.
  • The hero team cannot harm each other with their own attacks.
  • Robotic parts and tools litter the factory and can be used as melee weapons or projectiles, as well as any functioning machinery that may prove hazardous to either opponent. Alfred can utilize these parts to quickly repair himself or Sonny.
  • - KO/Incapacitation/Deactivation count as a win, obviously there is no BFR since they are in an enclosed space.

PS: I know it's a lot to read, but fo real ... man the hell up and read it.

#2 Posted by joewell (9684 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: great job.

#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: thanks, should I make any changes to it? I think Batman has too many gadgets at his disposal in the bonus round.

#4 Posted by joewell (9684 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: mmmmmmmm, no probly not. i mean 15 robots every 3 min, hes gonna need it.

but could u post some vids of them in action. i loved the movie just havent watched it in forever

#5 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: mmmmmmmm, no probly not. i mean 15 robots every 3 min, hes gonna need it.

but could u post some vids of them in action. i loved the movie just havent watched it in forever

Alright, good idea btw. I'll do that.

if I can find any that don't have annoying music behind it ....... but I'll try.

#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Therad.

Bump.

#9 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Batman due to gadgets and so on. Someone told me that Batman took out cyborg Superman, Don't know if its true or not and even if it is, I doubt if its canon...

Still Batman wins.

#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about Batman in the comics but Sonny evaded the police pretty easily in the movie so I doubt even injured he would have a problem doing so again. In the bonus part, Sonny would wreck 15 NS-5's by himself so Batman wouldn't have to do much. Also, Batman's robot while being upgraded probably wouldn't hold up to the NS-5's, they are made out of better materials but it would provide a good distraction.

#12 Posted by jashro44 (30320 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been a really long time since I have seen I,robot and I only remember it vaguely so I'm not sure how accurate I am but I don't see him having to much trouble finding sonny under these conditions. Sure there a lot of them but all he has to do is follow the trail of robo blood. What kind of speed feats does sonny have? If he is fast enough to keep up with batman I don't see Bruce achieving this goal in 30 minutes.

For round 2 I can see them clearing. Alfred might go down quickly but the combined effort of sonny (who is superior to his counter parts) and batman who has some pretty good weapons here and also he is pretty fast and agile for a human.

#13 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

I almost feel compelled to post on this thread because of how well it was done...

#14 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2915 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman!!

#15 Posted by ChaosBlazer (4003 posts) - - Show Bio

How can Sonny take on batman when he pulls out his dance moves?

YEAH.

#16 Posted by gingerpenny (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

equal chance of either winning both to bada**

#17 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Its been a really long time since I have seen I,robot and I only remember it vaguely so I'm not sure how accurate I am but I don't see him having to much trouble finding sonny under these conditions. Sure there a lot of them but all he has to do is follow the trail of robo blood. What kind of speed feats does sonny have? If he is fast enough to keep up with batman I don't see Bruce achieving this goal in 30 minutes.

For round 2 I can see them clearing. Alfred might go down quickly but the combined effort of sonny (who is superior to his counter parts) and batman who has some pretty good weapons here and also he is pretty fast and agile for a human.

Good post. Why do you think the first battle would take over 30 mins?

#18 Posted by XImpossibruX (5539 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

I almost feel compelled to post on this thread because of how well it was done...

this. Really well done, but so much text.

Let's go with Batman.

#19 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

this. Really well done, but so much text.

Let's go with Batman.

Thanks.

Why?

#21 Posted by jashro44 (30320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@jashro44 said:

Good post. Why do you think the first battle would take over 30 mins?

Well if sonny does have the speed to keep up with bruce then I think he is likely going to fight batman in close quarters. In close quarters batman might find it hard to use some of his gadgets. Batarangs probably wont do much unless he hits the joints (assuming these are standered batarangs),I don't think bolas will hold, up close I see batman being in the range of the grenade so those wont work if sonny can stay close, I don't know if smoke bombs will affect a robot. He can probably get some distance with the grappling hook but the robot might be able to jump up and grab his legs before he can get away. I think he definitely could beat sonny but it might take a little bit longer then 30 minutes.

#22 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Right, also note that Sonny is trying to leave so his focus isn't totally on Batman and isn't in his best physical condition due to his gunshot wound. Also note that when the police showed up right after Spooner's confrontation with Sonny in the factory, they had net guns that were able to restrain him and it only took one. Batman is using standard Batarangs (just so you know), and if his bolas are constructed anything like they were in his own time, they might be as strong or stronger than the material that the nets were made out of. He even might be forced to use the same type of net material since that's whats in this reality, at least I would think so. So If he were to tag Sonny with the bolas, they probably would hold up better than you think.

I'm not sure how advanced the NS5's optic function's are, the smoke probably wouldn't hurt Sonny's eyes but I haven't seen anything to suggest he would be able to see through it. So smoke is probably pretty useful as well.

Great analysis so far though.

#23 Posted by terry2012 (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: This

#24 Posted by Typhion (660 posts) - - Show Bio

With rudimentary knowledge, I'd give it to Bats. I'm more inclined to believe Bats talks sonny down to be honest. Sonny was more durable yes, but still had vulnerabilities that weren't exploited by spooner in the movie for a kill (which would have been a bad movie.) Round two I'd definitely say the team takes it. Sonny's feats vs his peers make a strong case for him, and given Batman's toys plus his own bot...ya, he should win this one.

#25 Posted by jashro44 (30320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@jashro44: Right, also note that Sonny is trying to leave so his focus isn't totally on Batman and isn't in his best physical condition due to his gunshot wound. Also note that when the police showed up right after Spooner's confrontation with Sonny in the factory, they had net guns that were able to restrain him and it only took one. Batman is using standard Batarangs (just so you know), and if his bolas are constructed anything like they were in his own time, they might be as strong or stronger than the material that the nets were made out of. He even might be forced to use the same type of net material since that's whats in this reality, at least I would think so. So If he were to tag Sonny with the bolas, they probably would hold up better than you think.

I'm not sure how advanced the NS5's optic function's are, the smoke probably wouldn't hurt Sonny's eyes but I haven't seen anything to suggest he would be able to see through it. So smoke is probably pretty useful as well.

Great analysis so far though.

If sonny and batman far apart then batman is likely going to catch him then. Batman has some pretty good accuracy feats like ricocheting batarangs, taking out fodder with a coin, and some other stuff. He is probably accurate enough to tag sonny.

Sonny might be able to blend in with the crowd of other robots to get the drop on batman but that is unlikely with the motion detector and the trail of blood. If his bolas don't hold he can probably use the grenades to take sonny apart.

Thanks this is very nice setup in the op.

#28 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Typhion said:

With rudimentary knowledge, I'd give it to Bats. I'm more inclined to believe Bats talks sonny down to be honest. Sonny was more durable yes, but still had vulnerabilities that weren't exploited by spooner in the movie for a kill (which would have been a bad movie.) Round two I'd definitely say the team takes it. Sonny's feats vs his peers make a strong case for him, and given Batman's toys plus his own bot...ya, he should win this one.

Did Spooner want to kill Sonny or just capture him since he had knowledge the detective needed?

#30 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Bump guys ........... this thread dies unless someone posts in it, and that usually doesn't happen so ...

#31 Posted by PikminMania (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Final Bump guys ........... this thread dies unless someone posts in it, and that usually doesn't happen so ...

Time for a hero to come to the rescue!

...Except for the fact that I'm not too sure who wins at all...

If I recall in the movie, Sonny got too nervous and ended up being seen by Will Smith, Will didn't take him down because he got beat down by Sonny (I think). Now if Will Smith could find Sonny, then I think Batman could even easier. He could use his gadgets to immobilize Sonny or at the very least weaken the robot until Bats can use his superior H2H skills to take him down via nerve strikes.

#32 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days:

Sweet Batman armor.

#33 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: You must be Ra'sAlGhul or something cuz you revived this thread like it got dipped in the Lazarus Pit ...

@PikminMania said:

If I recall in the movie, Sonny got too nervous and ended up being seen by Will Smith, Will didn't take him down because he got beat down by Sonny (I think). Now if Will Smith could find Sonny, then I think Batman could even easier. He could use his gadgets to immobilize Sonny or at the very least weaken the robot until Bats can use his superior H2H skills to take him down via nerve strikes.

Sonny almost got caught by Will Smith, but will turned his back for a second and got tossed across the room. The gadgets would probably be able to immobilize Sonny, if they actually hit him that is. Sonny was also quite fast and agile, so much so that when he got out of the factory and was met with the Chicago Police Force he was dodging bullets and probably would've gotten away if he didn't get caught in that net. I don't know how pressure points would work on a robot, they don't exactly feel pain or have a nervous system. Something that Batman could do with H2H is strike Sonny's joints, but even that would be risky due to the physical gap between them and Sonny could do serious damage at close range, like so ...

Loading Video...
#34 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Ancient_0f_Days:

Sweet Batman armor.

Yeah I know right, its actually a design someone made for if Batman was in Mass Effect. It also reminds me of the NS4 exo skeleton somewhat, it's high-tech/futuristic look felt right for this scenario.

#35 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Erik said:

@Ancient_0f_Days:

Sweet Batman armor.

Yeah I know right, its actually a design someone made for if Batman was in Mass Effect. It also reminds me of the NS4 exo skeleton somewhat, it's high-tech/futuristic look felt right for this scenario.

For Mass Effect? I like it even more now lol.

#36 Posted by PikminMania (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@PikminMania: You must be Ra'sAlGhul or something cuz you revived this thread like it got dipped in the Lazarus Pit ...

@PikminMania said:

Sonny almost got caught by Will Smith, but will turned his back for a second and got tossed across the room. The gadgets would probably be able to immobilize Sonny, if they actually hit him that is. Sonny was also quite fast and agile, so much so that when he got out of the factory and was met with the Chicago Police Force he was dodging bullets and probably would've gotten away if he didn't get caught in that net. I don't know how pressure points would work on a robot, they don't exactly feel pain or have a nervous system. Something that Batman could do with H2H is strike Sonny's joints, but even that would be risky due to the physical gap between them and Sonny could do serious damage at close range, like so ...

Loading Video...

Sonny is lethal at close range but not to someone like Batman, whose defeated some of the greatest h2h fighters the DCU has to offer.

Most likely, Batman could dodge Sonny and strike Sonny's joints enough that the robot will fall before it can get rid of Batman.

#37 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: possibly

#39 Posted by JonSmith (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

Last bump, huh?

Going to give it to Batman. Having upgraded his armor with the tech of that time, I can see him being just behind Sonny in physical strength and speed. Batman has consistently beaten faster or stronger enemies with skill, and this should go similarly.

But seriously, fantastic thread. Very well done.

Loading Video...
#40 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Thanks, for keeping this thread alive, for providing a legitimate explanation and for the compliment ....

#41 Posted by Alexander505 (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

Gotta go with Batman due to gadgets and so on. Someone told me that Batman took out cyborg Superman, Don't know if its true or not and even if it is, I doubt if its canon...

Still Batman wins.

#43 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by imbackwimps (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can win and no more bumps please give it a rest

#45 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@imbackwimps said:

Batman can win and no more bumps please give it a rest

i can bump this thread as much as I please ... I'm only bumping one thread, a fairly good thread, unlike all the crap threads that go on forever due to fanboyism and bias. This thread forces people to think as apposed to simply dropping two words in and calling it an argument ..... PFFT give it a rest ....

#46 Posted by Lvenger (23946 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Time for my intervention! With this setup, it's a shame it's only at 3 pages.

Round 1 - Obviously Sonny has plenty of advantages in this environment what with being able to blend into the environment and the abiliy to pull a surprise attack on Batman like he did with Spooner. And if Bruce doesn't want to destroy the other NS5's then that could give Sonny time to come around and attack Batman. However, he is weakened from that gunshot. And Batman does possess a cloaking device to perhaps hide so that Sonny thinks the coast is clear and then surprise Sonny with a batarang, bola or explosive grenade. Also, with Bruce's knowledge of Sonny's weak spots and willingness to destroy him if necessary, the odds are more in Batman's favour than Sonny's. Besides Bruce has a plethora of feats in dealing with enhanced humans. Whilst he is a prep god, he's good with thinking of strategies on the go too. I say Batman could KO or seriously injure Sonny.

Bonus Round - I don't think the NS4's have good combat feats as the NS5s tore through them in that robot yard so it's good you gave Alfred good H2H skills. However, should Alfred be dispatched and if Sonny picks up the shotgun, he can do some serious damage. And he can handle himself against multiple NS5s well. The movie showed that. And I'm sure Batman will be fine too. However the ever increasing numbers of NS5s could be trouble. It would be hard and given his lower strength, speed and durability, Alfred could bite the dust here. But Batman and Sonny should be able to stay alive for 15 minutes to allow for reinforcements.

Nice thread man really got me thinking about a strategy!

#47 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Thank you, and thank you for such an elaborate and thought out scenario/explanation. I wouldn't expect anything less from you seeing as we've been in threads together and you are one of the people I've seen put some kind of effort into an argument. Its nice to see people who actually enjoy a good read, good set up, and good thread in general actively participate.

I have see the advantage Batman has over Sonny ... I will edit the thread to make this battle more fair, thanks again for your input.

#48 Posted by Lvenger (23946 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: No problem. But even with the odds evened however you choose to do so, Batman has plenty of feats dealing with superhuman opponents so Sonny's in for a real fight here! And with the bonus round, it's entirely possible with the greater numbers of NS5s arriving that one could get a lucky shot in and KO Batman or Sonny but given their feats, I'm sure these two can survive long enough for reinforcements to arrive. But I'll check back later and see if I can change my response.

#49 Posted by YoungJustice (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

I will have to give my full elaboration when I finish my school work but leaning towards Batman here. Mostly because Sonny's blood will be an easy trail.