Batman vs Sherlock Holmes

• 60 results
kingcoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I understand this is an old forum but I'm new to this and this is a match up that interest me the most! I am a bigger fan of Sherlock holmes and initially was on his side for this match up, but after some thought I started to actually lean towards batman. Here is why.

First in this purticular mystery, according to the book, Holmes had more resources than just a magnifying glass to solve this mystery. He was able to figure out everything about the murderer because he had a tape measure and watsons medical knowledge. Watson confirmed Holmes's theory that poison was used. Holmes of course suspected it was poison but would never commit to a theory until he has proof that it was correct thus adding time to the investigation if Watson wasn't there. Batman, I think, could confirm this by himself quicker than Holmes because Holmes does limit what he stores in his memory bank to what he feels is relative. Where batman tries to learn everything about everything. Also if batman showed up as batman and not as Bruce Wayne then I'm sure Holmes would view batman as a greater mystery then who the murder was. We must remember that Holmes is addicted to solving the hardest mystery's. when confronted with two separate mystery's he is more intrigued with the more complex mystery and usually can't focus on both at the same time if they arent related. Finally, though Holmes is a great hand to hand combatant, he rather catch the criminal in a trap where the criminal is in no position to fight. Where batman is more of a predator and will Persue the criminal almost instantly after identifying them. So I think even if Holmes would figure out who the murderer was he would tactically wait to apprehend him in the safest way possible which, in several cases, has proven to take a long time. I hate to say it but I think batman would win.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@gotwillpower: Batman. He's traveled back in time to investigate the murder from 'A Study In Scarlet'? I assume Batman has read it. So he knows 'whodunit' right from the start on that case. Or dare I say, any of Sherlock Holmes's cases.

KalKent1297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eatmore_payless: it'd be a much better comparison if the OP had pitted their powers of deduction against each other.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sherlock wins, he has already solved this crime.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think in that case Sherlock would win. Sherlock is definitely in his element. Really, when I hear "World's Greatest Detective" I think "World's Greatest Deducer" is a better title for Batman.

Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://g.co/kgs/loc3yi

In Batman Brave and The bold episode trial of the demons batman himself admitted that holmes is world's greatest detective

Also Holmes solved the case faster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to say. The reason why Batmaan requires all of his technology is because these days criminals use advanced technology to cover up crimes. Back in the 1800s when Sherlock lived the was very simple technology to cover crimes so in turn is took very simple technology to solve said crimes. It's relative to what time they are in. I guess it comes down to detective feats.

vj21oq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are many ways that proves Sherlock will never win against batman in an Investigation Showdown. The most obvious reason would be

The era. In batmans time all of the possible investigation technique, plans or whatever they call it, are already written on a book inside a library, in which batman had already read and memorized every single bit of details. While in Sherlock's case, those techniques are yet to discover.

zackg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sherlock because he doesn't NEED fancy gadgets. All he needs is his mind.