Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cerberus369616
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scenario - The Joker hires The Punisher and Crossbones to hunt down a "Pscyhopathic Murderer" by the name of Batman. The Joker has captured Batman, stranded him on a deserted Tropical Island, stripped him of all his gadgets save for his Batsuit and a single Batarang marked "ha ha", left a message for Batman telling him that the Joker will be sending two "Exceptionally Talented Mercenaries" to finally end their years of conflict and they will arrive in 48 hours.

The Batman

Prep - 48 hours

Gear - Only his New 52 Batsuit, all "hi-tech" abilities of the suit are inactive though. He can build or scavenge any materials that would be found on a typical deserted Tropical island from the Pacific region

The Team

Team work - Will work together as they would normally be able to and their personalities will allow but they will not fight each other or kill each other. If they would work together they will do that. If they would prefer to work separately they will do that.

Gear - The Punisher has 3 fragmentation grenades, 2 pistols, 1 Sniper rifle, 1 Light Machine Gun and and RPG with one shot. Cross Bones has 2 Sub-machine guns, 1 Carbine, 3 fragmentation mines and 4 Flash bang grenades.Each gun comes with 2 clips, 1 Hollow Point the other Armor-piercing.

Can Batman manage against two of the best soldiers in comics using tactics and stealth or is he out of his league here?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossbones killed Cap. He obviously solos.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that more of a Assasination attempt on in conjunction with other simultaneous attacks on him? And he was using a sniper rifle? From a distance? Hardly the same kind of fight right?

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. His suit is currently bullet-proof, he doesn't even try to dodge bullets anymore.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: I was being sarcastic my friend. In all honesty, the odds are in favor of team but Batman's suit is bulletproof as well as he cape, giving him leniency for if/when he gets tagged. I'm sure he could come up with all sorts of traps in said jungle like nets, pitfalls, etc. The thing he has to mainly worry about are the explosives these guys are packing as they will cause damage to him and potential hiding spots. I believe Batman has a fair chance to take this, especially if he is able to separate them and take them to one at a time. His h2h is superior to both and his physicals are on par with both (some of his feats being out right better in this department). This combined with stealth cold have Batman coming out ontop. This can be argued however by either a Crossbones or Punisher expert.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarthAznable

@thecoolest said:

Batman. His suit is currently bullet-proof, he doesn't even try to dodge bullets anymore.

Can it tank armor piercing rounds?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting scenario.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Pre Flashpoint Batman took sniper headshots without getting hurt and his current suit is better.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If what you guys are saying about Batman having a bullet-proof suit is true, then he takes the cake.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Pre Flashpoint Batman took sniper headshots without getting hurt and his current suit is better.

I vaguely remember that lol.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: My immediate thought when I saw the title was that Batman loses, then I started to read the OP and I thought Batman definitely loses. Then I realized Batman had 2 days of prep on a deserted tropical island. Both the prep time and setting are huge factors. The setting means that Batman can really utilize his stealth. Also, 2 days gives him time to set up an assortment of traps both offensive and defensive, including trip wires, nets, pits, catapults, preset spikes and arrows, the cliche swinging trees, etc. Also, one other key thing was mentioned. They were told they were hunting a "Psychopathic Murderer". I don't think they'll be prepared for the sharp, tactical, and disciplined mind of Batman. The biggest issue is if Batman can survive their weapons,since I believe Batman to be their equal in physicals and their superior in H2H. The setting again will make it hard for them to get off good shots, but those explosives are a problem. Punisher and Crossbones are both highly skilled to say the least, but I'm going with Batman 6/10.

(side note) That Batman pic is dope...just sayin

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cerberus369616

@thecoolest said:

I think he noted in that instance the rounds weren't armor piercing and he was safe thanks to that fact and if they had been he might have been in trouble. It was a pretty early suit even in terms of P52 though so his N52 suit should be much better. Hollow points shouldn't be lethal or threatening but could leave some bruises if they hit him enough times. Armor Piercing I figured would be a threat , not a OHKO kinda deal but enough of a threat that he can't afford to just eat them all day. and as has been mentioned, explosives are also a problem.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thecoolest

@cerberus369616: You are right about them not being armor piercing, but I still think the stealth advantadge allows him to take the cake.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: Crossbones is primarily a Captain America villain. Maybe call out some Cap experts?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4
deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Punisher and Crossbones.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jueix

Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bats

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if the armor piercing rounds won't break through Batman's suit, they're liable to knock him around and cause bruising and internal bleeding. Couple that with a few flashbangs and liberal application of explosives and I'm willing to favor the team slightly, and I say slightly because of Batman's prep time and stealth abilities which can come into play in some scenarios.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to run with Batman. "Team won't kill but would work as they normally would" means that Punisher would just split off from Rumlow and thus it's two one on one battles.

48 hours of prep with his belt and whatever he fashions on the island gives him a decent chance. I'm doubtful either Frank or Brock would fall to a booby trap, but Batman could use it as part of an ambush. I'll give it a 6/10 in Batman's favor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to run with Batman. "Team won't kill but would work as they normally would" means that Punisher would just split off from Rumlow and thus it's two one on one battles.

I dunno, maybe they would just come from different angles. I think Frank of all people can see the merit in working with someone if it means getting better results, like when he's worked with Daredevil, Spider-Man and Captain America in the past.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RisingBean

@risingbean said:

I dunno, maybe they would just come from different angles. I think Frank of all people can see the merit in working with someone if it means getting better results, like when he's worked with Daredevil, Spider-Man and Captain America in the past.

I'm fuzzy on it, but I think Frank has a moral standing against working with slime. In a truly morals on setting, Frank would attempt to kill Crossbones and take down the Bat himself. Best bet for the team is if they both hit Bruce from different angles. Because the team are both consummate professionals used to dealing with booby traps and exotic locales, I'm doubtful that they would fall for any traps. Bruce is going to have to take them both down the hard way and I don't see him doing it for a majority if they had better teamwork.

Op's statement of Team work - Will work together as they would normally be able to and their personalities will allow but they will not fight each other or kill each other. If they would work together they will do that. If they would prefer to work separately they will do that. gives Bruce the majority in my book. I think he'll take Brock or Frank separately for a majority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: If they decided to split off but attack Bats simultaneously I could see them winning, but if they attack in their own time or try to take him on alone I can agree with your assessment.

Would be pretty funny if true morals were on. Frank would be like

"Alright, it looks we're going to need to- BANG

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That came out wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on Pun n CB tactics/strategy.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: If they decided to split off but attack Bats simultaneously I could see them winning, but if they attack in their own time or try to take him on alone I can agree with your assessment.

Would be pretty funny if true morals were on. Frank would be like

Yeah. Thing is if they split off, I don't see them really syncing up to hit from multiple attacks at once. At least not a majority of the time. However even fighting separately, they should give Bruce enough trouble that he may lose to whomever he comes up against last. If they had perfect synergy I'd give it to them 7-8/10.

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Abyssdarkfire

Well when i was reading this at first i was like this is spite bats does not have a chance but then as i kept reading this is a really well though out battle and a close one. Batman has home field advantage cause he has 48 hours of prep and will have a better understanding of the layout. Batman also is very stealthy and trying to locate Someone who is a master if stealth on a deserted Island is not a quick easy thing to do it takes time and energy. With the op Statement about how the team works together they each go their separate way making it two 1v1 fights instead of one 1v2 fight. I am of the mindset that Batman only has to take out Punisher who is going solo or Crossbones who is going solo with his stealth and then with the rest of that person's remaining gear he takes out the other. At the Same time the team could win due to their explosives or armor piercing rounds. i think all and all Bats takes this 6/10 times unless picking up the enemy's gear is prohibited then the team takes this 7/10 times.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@i_like_swords said:

That came out wrong.

It didn't really.

Yeah. Thing is if they split off, I don't see them really syncing up to hit from multiple attacks at once. At least not a majority of the time. However even fighting separately, they should give Bruce enough trouble that he may lose to whomever he comes up against last. If they had perfect synergy I'd give it to them 7-8/10.

Agreed.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Bruce.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnets.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By TheDandyMan

The battle would probably be drawn out no matter what seeing as Batman would have to get the pair in the right place to take them down. There is a small chance the duo might team up seeing as they've worked with others in the past but Frank's hatred for criminals would probably prevent which makes things easier for Bruce. I guess he might be able to create a poison from plants of the island and use that on Frank seeing as he's more inclined to spot Batman in the shadows then he could perform a stealth takedown from a tree or something on Crossbones. I'll give the Dark Knight a majority.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team takes this. Punisher IMO could kill Batman in 1v1. He trained well enough to hang. Not to mention his knack for tagging bullet timers. His willingness to kill is also an advantage IMO. Not to mention the jungle setting in which The Punisher fought wars in. Punisher and Crossbones kill off Batman, then Frank proceeds to kill Crossbones.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

Team takes this. Punisher IMO could kill Batman in 1v1. He trained well enough to hang. Not to mention his knack for tagging bullet timers. His willingness to kill is also an advantage IMO. Not to mention the jungle setting in which The Punisher fought wars in. Punisher and Crossbones kill off Batman, then Frank proceeds to kill Crossbones.

You lookin to rustle some jimmies?

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Oni_Bane

@oni_bane said:

You lookin to rustle some jimmies?

Its my opinion. Agree or don't.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump kek

AtrAin001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... Both Crossbones and Punisher are pretty damn skilled mercs in their own rights. I think it depends. Bats has 48 hours prep. He can easily make a bunch of traps or something, however, if the mercs get him out in the open, it's game over for bats, but if he closes the distance, he will break them. I would think Bats takes it, 6.5/10.

Bats is one of my favorite characters but giving him prep time in general, starts to become a massive grey area in a battle, since we all know too well that the "Bat Factor" is apparently op. However, I'll stand by with what I said, I think Bats can take it.

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cerberus369616: My immediate thought when I saw the title was that Batman loses, then I started to read the OP and I thought Batman definitely loses. Then I realized Batman had 2 days of prep on a deserted tropical island. Both the prep time and setting are huge factors. The setting means that Batman can really utilize his stealth. Also, 2 days gives him time to set up an assortment of traps both offensive and defensive, including trip wires, nets, pits, catapults, preset spikes and arrows, the cliche swinging trees, etc. Also, one other key thing was mentioned. They were told they were hunting a "Psychopathic Murderer". I don't think they'll be prepared for the sharp, tactical, and disciplined mind of Batman. The biggest issue is if Batman can survive their weapons,since I believe Batman to be their equal in physicals and their superior in H2H. The setting again will make it hard for them to get off good shots, but those explosives are a problem. Punisher and Crossbones are both highly skilled to say the least, but I'm going with Batman 6/10.

(side note) That Batman pic is dope...just sayin