• 73 results
#1 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1- Game Of Chess

Round 2- Who is a bigger threat to Superman with prep

#2 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - I don't know, honestly. Maybe...parity.

2 - Batman

#3 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozy.

Both rounds.

Ozy prep > Bruce Prep.

#4 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio
Ozy prep > Bruce Prep.

Yeah...sure.

#5 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Ozy really have the prep feats to justify him being better than Batman with prep? I don't think he does.

#6 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozy has absolutely no feats that put him above Bruce. People keep citing the fact that he was the 'smartest man in the world' of his world....but again, let's face it; the people in his world keep re-electing Richard Nixon...so they're not that smart to begin with.

Batman for the STOMP

#7 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Ozy has absolutely no feats that put him above Bruce. People keep citing the fact that he was the 'smartest man in the world' of his world....but again, let's face it; the people in his world keep re-electing Richard Nixon...so they're not that smart to begin with.

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

#8 Posted by uroborosphael (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about Comic Version Ozy, but if this was both movie Versions, Ozy would really stomp.

#9 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@uroborosphael said:

I don't know much about Comic Version Ozy, but if this was both movie Versions, Ozy would really stomp.

Movie Ozy does stomp every movie Batman EXCEPT....Adam West.

#10 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozy stomps Batman movie...but...in the comics, Batman stomps Ozy.

#11 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Ozy with prep fixed a world that was about to descend into nuclear holocaust. Batman's never done anything on a scale like that.

#12 Edited by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Ozy with prep fixed a world that was about to descend into nuclear holocaust. Batman's never done anything on a scale like that.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

Edit: Well...yeah he is crazy, still, not that kinda crazy

#13 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

Crazy or not...its still a better prep feat.

#14 Posted by nickzambuto (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

I don't think I've EVER seen you side with Batman in anything... HMMM...

#15 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

It's simple enigma .... he hates Batman.

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

GASP!

#17 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

The idea to bring people together by making a common enemy isn't a new one. The act of engineering it was impressive.

#18 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozy with prep trumps Batman with prep.

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

That's not true at all...I just don't have the fanatical worship of Batman that dominates the people on this site. Batman is a great character...but he's only a man. Half the people on this site seem to think Batman can beat Superman and anyone that thinks differently "Hates Batman"

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

The idea to bring people together by making a common enemy isn't a new one. The act of engineering it was impressive.

That's true...but the idea of using a weakness against a superior opponent isn't a new idea either.

#21 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: It's slightly more impressive if we are taking that Pre-New 52 thing where he had a contingency plan for every member of the Justice League.

#22 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Round One: Could go either way

Round Two: If Ozy has full knowledge of Supes, he would probably be a far greater threat than Batman

#23 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@Shawnbaby: It's slightly more impressive if we are taking that Pre-New 52 thing where he had a contingency plan for every member of the Justice League.

I disagree...saving a world intent on destroying itself is more impressive to me.

Not saying that Batman isn't good with prep...i just think ozy is better.

#24 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

That's not true at all...I just don't have the fanatical worship of Batman that dominates the people on this site. Batman is a great character...but he's only a man. Half the people on this site seem to think Batman can beat Superman and anyone that thinks differently "Hates Batman"

Batman cannot beat Superman and I will fight anyone that says otherwise! >_<

#25 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I disagree...saving a world intent on destroying itself is more impressive to me.

A world where no one suspects that he is doing anything because he is the single most powerful person in the world?

#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Ferro Vida said:

A world where no one suspects that he is doing anything because he is the single most powerful person in the world?

More about the sheer scope of the entire operation. Keeping all those plates spinning. The plan in the comic is also much more complex than they made it in the movie. I think too many people have only seen the movie.

#27 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: I'm aware. Although, the plan in the movie also would have done the trick. But that isn't the point. I do see what you are getting at. I just don't really agree with the outcome. Maybe I would feel differently if I reread Watchmen.

#28 Posted by nickzambuto (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

False. Most Comic Vine vets lol @ n00bs who think Batman beats Superman.

#29 Posted by WillPayton (9439 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozy has an advantage over Batman, Ozy is willing to do whatever it takes, even if that means killing millions of people. He also succeeded in manipulating a dude that can see the future and brought on world peace...

#30 Edited by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

Alright, I exaggerated..But there are a lot of people that think Batman wins even when he is clearly outmatched. I was just looking at a thread where 2 people posted that Batman would beat the rest of the justice league in a random encounter. One of the reasons is "Batman has already beaten the Justice League"

#31 Posted by nickzambuto (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

Alright, I exaggerated..But there are a lot of people that think Batman wins even when he is clearly outmatched. I was just looking at a thread where 2 people posted that Batman would beat the rest of the justice league in a random encounter. One of the reasons is "Batman has already beaten the Justice League"

People underrate him more than they overrate him, on Comic Vine at least.

Yes, Batman can kill a Tyrannosaurus Rex in a random encounter. I don't care what anyone else says.

#32 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

Yes, Batman can kill a Tyrannosaurus Rex in a random encounter. I don't care what anyone else says.

I actually agree with you there. Standard gear should be too much for a T-Rex. There....I just sided with Batman. You're a Witness.

#33 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Ozy has an advantage over Batman, Ozy is willing to do whatever it takes, even if that means killing millions of people. He also succeeded in manipulating a dude that can see the future and brought on world peace...

I'm pretty sure Dr Manhattan was having trouble seeing the future at the time or something.

#34 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

I'm pretty sure Dr Manhattan was having trouble seeing the future at the time or something.

Yes, Because Ozy prevented him from doing so.

#35 Edited by WillPayton (9439 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

Exactly! Ozy spent around $2 Billion on tachyon research to block Manhattan from seeing the future... that's impressive.

#36 Posted by nickzambuto (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Alexander505 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman for the STOMP

Exactly.

Please...try again.

Cause he's not crazy o_o

I actually agree with you there. Standard gear should be too much for a T-Rex. There....I just sided with Batman. You're a Witness.

I saw NOTHING.

#37 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

That isn't really manipulating just blocking his power. He only manipulated him when he made Dr Manhattan think he gave the people he loved cancer. Even at the end he didn't manipulate him with the remote he convinced Dr Manhattan that everything was worth it because his plan brought upon world peace.

#38 Posted by WillPayton (9439 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

That isn't really manipulating just blocking his power. He only manipulated him when he made Dr Manhattan think he gave the people he loved cancer. Even at the end he didn't manipulate him with the remote he convinced Dr Manhattan that everything was worth it because his plan brought upon world peace.

Only!

#39 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

It's an example of how he uses his prep. He pulled a con off on a guy that can see the future...That's an impressive feat.

#40 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@never give up said:

Only!

Yea ur right. But even with all that power would you consider Dr Manhattan emotionally stable. Ozymandias knew Dr Manhattan wasn't happy. Like he explained he was practically sobbing.

#41 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

@never give up said:

Only!

Yea ur right. But even with all that power would you consider Dr Manhattan emotionally stable. Ozymandias knew Dr Manhattan wasn't happy. Like he explained he was practically sobbing.

He was practically sobbing BECAUSE of all the manipulation. Ozy knew exactly what strings to pull.

#42 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

It's an example of how he uses his prep. He pulled a con off on a guy that can see the future...That's an impressive feat.

Dr Manhattan isn't really emotionally stable remember that.

#43 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

Dr Manhattan isn't really emotionally stable remember that.

The only thing that set Manhattan off was all the tricks Ozy pulled on him to make him think he was causing cancer to those around him. Ozy played him like a fiddle.

#44 Posted by WillPayton (9439 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone said earlier that Ozy's prep feats werent impressive, but I think manipulating a guy that can see the future into helping you build tech that will kill millions, leave Earth so you can pull it off, and then agree with you that it was justified when he comes back pissed at you... is pretty damn impressive. Ozy has the smarts and willingness to do anything it takes to win, Bruce doesnt.

#45 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

@never give up said:

Only!

He was practically sobbing BECAUSE of all the manipulation. Ozy knew exactly what strings to pull.

Even before that Dr Manhattan was "sobbing". He wasn't emotionally stable to begin with. Ozymandias knew he wasn't devoid of emotion. Then Ozymandias had his site profile and knew what strings to use to manipulate him. Then he drove him over board and Dr Manhattan left.

#46 Posted by WillPayton (9439 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell, Ozy might be able to trick Superman into killing Batman, and then killing himself over the evil thing he just did. =)

#47 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Someone said earlier that Ozy's prep feats werent impressive, but I think manipulating a guy that can see the future into helping you build tech that will kill millions, leave Earth so you can pull it off, and then agree with you that it was justified when he comes back pissed at you... is pretty damn impressive. Ozy has the smarts and willingness to do anything it takes to win, Bruce doesnt.

Dr Manhattan wasn't emotionally stable.

#48 Posted by Shawnbaby (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

@never give up said:

Only!

Even before that Dr Manhattan was "sobbing". He wasn't emotionally stable to begin with. Ozymandias knew he wasn't devoid of emotion. Then Ozymandias had his site profile and knew what strings to use to manipulate him. Then he drove him over board and Dr Manhattan left.

I don't see your point. None of that changes that he pulled off a con on a guy that can see the future. Just being able to block that ability is a clear indication of what Ozy can do with prep.

#49 Posted by WillPayton (9439 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

Dr Manhattan wasn't emotionally stable.

Ozy only said that Manhattan had emotions. He only became emotionally compromised because Ozy made him that way. You're only proving our point here.

#50 Posted by never give up (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@never give up said:

@WillPayton said:

@never give up said:

Only!

I don't see your point. None of that changes that he pulled off a con on a guy that can see the future. Just being able to block that ability is a clear indication of what Ozy can do with prep.

Something Batman could also do. It does change even with all that power his emotion made him vulnerable. If Dr Manhattan didn't have emotion do you really think Ozymandias plan would have worked.