• 136 results
#1 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
#2 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading about Ozymandias and I feel he is Batman if Batman thought like Lex Luthor. He is genius level intellect and peak human physical abilities. He beat two other Watchmen characters together (The Nite Owl and Rorschach).

I thought it would be a good battle.

#3 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

....he looks like a retard. lol

#4 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"....he looks like a retard. lol
"
He does look geeky.
#5 Posted by shenron (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive alredy started this fight

#6 Posted by shenron (898 posts) - - Show Bio

oh sorry you did before i did

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223985 posts) - - Show Bio
Ozy was badass in Watchmen
#8 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't this done before.  I said Batman with prep.  I don't care how smart Ozy is.  He's delusional.

#9 Posted by Bio Guyver (6849 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Ozy was badass in Watchmen
"
Never got punch really. When he did, didn't even flinch.
#10 Posted by King Saturn (223985 posts) - - Show Bio
Bio Guyver said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
True Indeed... Ozy's strength and abilities seemed almost superhuman in the movie
#11 Posted by Bio Guyver (6849 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Bio Guyver said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
True Indeed... Ozy's strength and abilities seemed almost superhuman in the movie
"
Yeah, like the last scene in Scarface. What was up with the pink panther in the film?
#12 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

batman should win here.
#13 Edited by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

" Bio Guyver said:

"King Saturn said:

"
"
True Indeed... Ozy's strength and abilities seemed almost superhuman in the movie "
ozy did indeed seem superhuman in the movie.  but bats still beats him.

However if Ozy can truly utilize his speed....  

Ozymandias dodging and deflecting bullets with ease while closing the distance to beat the cow out of the assasin.

Ozymandias catches a bullet fired by a trained vigilante at POINT BLACK RANGE.  

Feats which shows Ozymandias ability not only able to react to the bullet being fired, but predict the time and the place the bullet will be fired.

Ozymandias takes out Rorschach with one hand effortlessly and jokingly with his back turned and while eating.

Ozymandias blocks LAZER attacks effortlessly, with his back turned.
  And then he destroys Nite Owl casually with a dish.

To sum this up, Ozymandias has a fair chance of winning here.
#14 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok why not. Ill bump this. I wanna hear what people say.

#15 Posted by Mackeja (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozzy, and Batman won't know what hit him. Bat's would fare better than either Nite Owl or Rorshach, but he wouldn't be able to stand up to someone of Ozymandius' abilities.
#16 Posted by greeneagle (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for the love of...this has been done before,plus its a no brainier, Bruce comes out on top, the feat where  he dodged the bullet from the assassin shouldn't even count cos he staged that. 

#17 Posted by Mackeja (325 posts) - - Show Bio

The feat where he caught the bullet wasn't staged, however.
#18 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@greeneagle:
the feat wasnt staged well sorta he knew the guy was coming with a gun but him acutally moving like that and catching the bullet was a feat and puts him above anyone batmans speed  etc
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

I like someone posted scans for Ozymandias like he has a chance of winning.

#20 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

batman with or without prep, but ozy could give him a good work out

#21 Posted by greeneagle (157 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne

#23 Posted by GalactaSurfer (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate. They knock each other out. 

I just can't decide -.-

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (57918 posts) - - Show Bio

batman

#25 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea Before, I would of said Batman, But after watching Watchmen hahaha, It's making me 2nd guess. He was a beat in that movie, well...they probly over did it. Nevertheless, He would put up a good fight for Bruce. 

In the End..i gotta go with Bruce by a Hair lol

#26 Posted by jkenley28 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozy + Bubastis...

#27 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#28 Posted by mixmata (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@greeneagle: dodging a bullet is impressive; catching a bullet in on an entire different level

#29 Posted by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#30 Posted by Erik (32073 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is always fun to watch. 

#31 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. He lives in a world where he actually has competition. Ozy's never fought anyone even near his own level.

#32 Posted by Erik (32073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. He lives in a world where he actually has competition. Ozy's never fought anyone even near his own level.

Because it was that high above everyone else. Batman cannot make such a claim.

:O
#33 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Because it was that high above everyone else. Batman cannot make such a claim. :O

He could if he was in "The Watchmen". Put Lady Shiva in their world and she'd cry herself to sleep. I can hear her now..."Please, somebody give me a decent fight."

#34 Posted by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

@Void_Paladin said:

@Erik said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Because it was that high above everyone else. Batman cannot make such a claim. :O

He could if he was in "The Watchmen". Put Lady Shiva in their world and she'd cry herself to sleep. I can hear her now..."Please, somebody give me a decent fight."

Midnighter would hang himself if he was in that situation. But he'd just regenerate and have to do it again.

#35 Posted by Erik (32073 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@Erik said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Midnighter would hang himself if he was in that situation. But he'd just regenerate and have to do it again.

He nearly has to hang himself as it is. 
#36 Posted by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@Erik said:

@Void_Paladin said:

He fights metas mostly, so it's ok for him. I can't wait for him to meet Batman in the DCNU. If there's a fight between the two these forums will be eclipsed in Batfan-rage.

#37 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@Erik said:

@Void_Paladin said:

He fights metas mostly, so it's ok for him. I can't wait for him to meet Batman in the DCNU. If there's a fight between the two these forums will be eclipsed in Batfan-rage.

The way some writers can get...I wouldn't be surprised if Batman "out thought" the battle computer.

#38 Posted by Sherlock (7252 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@Erik said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Batman will prep Midnighter to death =P

Personally i see Ozzy taking this (Im sorry Batman)
#39 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

@mixmata said:

@greeneagle: dodging a bullet is impressive; catching a bullet in on an entire different level

right. Ozy has bullet catch down. he has created world peace.

I think he has Batman. he seems to be just as skilled in every way Batman is, but with the added intelligence that rivals Lex Luthors. I imagine Ozy would actually go as far as to break batman mentally as they fought.

it could be a tie... but I feel Ozy on this one. He's just too damn smart.

#40 Posted by Erik (32073 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane@Void_Paladin:  
Let the forums be ablaze with the rage.  

Actually they have not specified Midnighter's powers yet. I wonder if it will be a power he has to know how to beat people or if it will still be the battle computer deal. From what I understand, everyone else is relatively unchanged so he might be literally the same with a new, slightly stupid costume. 
#41 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock:

Batman will prep Midnighter to death =P

The Bat-factor shall reign supreme!

#42 Posted by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

The costume really is the worst. They should have just stuck with the old one since they're keeping almost everyone the same in that title. I dislike that they seem to be reducing Jenny's powers, but I like the new look at Hawksmoor's powers.

#43 Posted by PaperRonin (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

The costume really is the worst. They should have just stuck with the old one since they're keeping almost everyone the same in that title. I dislike that they seem to be reducing Jenny's powers, but I like the new look at Hawksmoor's powers.

Agreed.

#44 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grim said:

@mixmata said:

I think he has Batman. he seems to be just as skilled in every way Batman is, but with the added intelligence that rivals Lex Luthors. I imagine Ozy would actually go as far as to break batman mentally as they fought.

Batman could create world peace as well if all his enemies were almost all huntress level or below. Once Ozy found a way around Dr. Manhattan his plan was 95% done. Although he is up there in intelligence, I'm not sure one could reasonably say he's smarter than Bruce. Batman has pulled off some insane stuff for a guy in a bat costume.

I honestly don't see anyone breaking Batman mentally as they fight, not without an insane amount of one-sided prep. Even then, it wouldn't be easy. Batman's stronger, more durable, and is not very far behind in the speed department. h2h could be a challenge, but with standard equipment Batman has this one in the Bat-bag.

#45 Posted by Sherlock (7252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Void_Paladin said:

@Grim said:

@mixmata said:

Batman could create world peace as well if all his enemies were almost all huntress level or below. Once Ozy found a way around Dr. Manhattan his plan was 95% done. Although he is up there in intelligence, I'm not sure one could reasonably say he's smarter than Bruce. Batman has pulled off some insane stuff for a guy in a bat costume.

I honestly don't see anyone breaking Batman mentally as they fight, not without an insane amount of one-sided prep. Even then, it wouldn't be easy. Batman's stronger, more durable, and is not very far behind in the speed department. h2h could be a challenge, but with standard equipment Batman has this one in the Bat-bag.

While that my be the case,Iv never seen Bruce take don two Huntress level fighters the way Ozy did.I mean he freakin owned them.He didnt even look like he was making an effort at all
#46 Posted by Jezer (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Void_Paladin said:

@Grim said:

@mixmata said:

What argument do you have for Batman being stronger and more durable than Ozy?

#47 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer: Ozy's biggest feat of strength that I can recall is throwing the Comedian through thick glass. Batman has kicked through Bazooka proof glass.

As for durability, does Ozy have any durability feats? Virtually anything i show from Batman would trump what was never shown from him.

#48 Posted by Jezer (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Void_Paladin said:

@Jezer: Ozy's biggest feat of strength that I can recall is throwing the Comedian through thick glass. Batman has kicked through Bazooka proof glass.

As for durability, does Ozy have any durability feats? Virtually anything i show from Batman would trump what was never shown from him.

Is kicking through Bazooka proof glass consistent with Batman's general strength showings, or a high end/outlier feat? Ozy doesn't really have any strength feats. But, oh yeah, I forgot that it's acceptable on this forum to argue something based on a lack of knowledge.

Did Ozy catch a bullet with his bare hand in the graphic novel, with just a little bit of blood afterwards? If so, does Batman have durability feats suggesting that a bullet wouldn't simply go straight through his bare hand/arm/any part of his body - or is that part of the reason he wears armor?

#49 Edited by HughJass (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer: Yes, he's thrown people through cruise missile proof doors, kicked through trees, etc. To answer your second question, here he is swatting away bullets from an automatic weapon at point blank range. He's also consistently taken strikes from superhumans.

#50 Posted by Jezer (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

That actually doesn't answer my second question, because it looks like he's blocking bullets aimed at the only nonarmoured part of his body with a batgloved hand.

Do you think Batman would be able to take those bullets - well a single bullet - without any batarmor without it going through him or into him? Is what I'm asking.

I'd like some more opinions on Batman's strength feats, though. Those feats sound legitimate, but they don't necessarily sound like they're not high end instead of general.